What does Cred Forums think about Darkstalkers?

What does Cred Forums think about Darkstalkers?

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/YY4LU
imgur.com/a/ccyEr
imgur.com/a/EC8cO
youtube.com/watch?v=rfts9DFBoL8
youtube.com/watch?v=EIVGLUZcgWI
youtube.com/watch?v=QKGktfX1ioQ
youtu.be/j0tk7Ai0ZZQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

never played it but I used Felicia in MvC 2

I think Felicia looks fucking great with dark skin.

she does

I miss muscular Felicia.

Capcom gave me a muscle girl fetish.

We're now going to slow bake the kat girl till it achieves a nice golden brown for around 10 hours

Fortunately we've thought ahead and pre made this part

capcom's art used to be good

>That one friend who complains when you use alternate color swaps.

I usually use default in everything unless there's a color that looks really good

I usually go for color swaps that keep the character mostly original but just changes the color of the outfit, like bulleta's pink palette or her orange palette.

Figurines or something
If they actually did a game they should make it
M rated.
Dmitri's super move was bomb af.

I fucking loved it but I'm am glad it never came back since Capcom can't even get Street Fighter right anymore. Raptor is still one of my favorite fighting game characters.

agreed

Would you play a MOBA with all the more iconic Capcom characters? I mean they cant even do fighting games right anymore, what else would bring such an ensemble together. I just want to see the Darkstalkers cast again, they were alot more fun than Street Fighting in my opinon.

No.

I wouldn't wish a MOBA on my worst enemy's franchise.

Making Morrigan the poster child for the series was a mistake. Worst girl in the whole cast.

not played in months anyone up for some games on fightcade? savior or hunter is fine.

So what could let us see all these dead characters in one place?

>Morrigan accepts Lilith to join with her

>They can separate into two individual forms at any time

>They have lots and lots of screaming, sweaty sex day in and day out

>Rarely any doujins or fan-art of that last part

Life is unfair.

ill play savior
whats your fc

I loved it, Felicia was my first, and nearly only waifu.

It also sparked my love of highly-unrealistic-but-fun fighting games.

I'm also pissed Capcom has NEVER really tried to do more with this series besides crossovers.

I'm the kind of person who would use anything but the default palette. Provided the other options don't suck, that is.

nubi, logging on now.

I wanna ____ that cat

Just remove the Capcom outsiders.

started playing savior a month ago. love it.

Fighting games, card games, RPGs, TBS games, puzzle games, racing games, the list goes on.

waitaminute

Me too.

One series Capcom didn't rape into the ground. If it got revived, it would end up like street fighter, mega man, ace attorney etc.

Great series, but I'm kinda glad it's gone.

HUG! Hug the unemployed cat!

PET! I want to pet the cat.

I always loved how ludicrously huge her hands and feet are. Bitch could palm the boulder from Indiana Jones.

I never liked it.

Imagine the hand holding.

It has some of my favorite fighting game characters of all time, which makes me sad that we'll never see any of them except Felicia and Morrigan again.

Never transitioned well into 3d, did those paws.

Though they could work, there isnt really anything outside of fighting games and MOBAS that would keep the characters abilities relevant. A brawler like Powerstone might be fun, or abeat-em-up game, just something that isnt a fighting game, it always boils down to 2 characters in fighting games that people find viable, itd be nice to actually play all those other characters.

everybody famously remembers megaman's revival being terrible despite it resulting in the best game of the franchise.

Well I'm not saying a MOBA wouldn't work, I'm just saying MOBAs suck.

I agree, because a good one hasnt been made yet, thats not really a reason to write off the genre.

It kinda is when there isn't a good one and the genre is one of the most popular ones. To make a MOBA good is to make something that isn't a MOBA

Fun game that 98% of the fanbase doesn't play.

I understand why DSR was a thing instead of them just dumping millions of dollars into a 4th game.

There are only like 3 and they all play the same, this would be akin to playing the first 3 shooting games and deducing the genre is stagnant and nothing can be done with it. Maybe Im not as biased towards them because I havent touched one in years, and the last one that was was HotS, which was nice as a sort of ensamble of Blizzard characters coming together which was neat to see. All I want is some love for the characters from my dead games.

Didn't this use to be one of the most popular arcade games of all time?

So it speaks volumes when the three most popular games in the genre all play the same and the genre itself is still one of the most popular genres.

What? How can you play darkstalkers on Fightcade? I don't see it on the rom list

crashed
ggs

ggs peridot, not sure what happened there, did the game crash?

it's called vampire savior bro

>Six fingers

Yes, vsav was very populat back in the day despite the money muncher it must have been. Still has a strong Japanese community today.

savior and hunter and their sequels are on there

oooooohhh

One of the three best rosters in all of fighting.

That why it hurts to see their SFV characters.

They used to be top tier vidya character designers.

i honestly don't know how they dropped the ball so hard with SFV in so many ways
it'll probably deter them from making any more fighting games if it ends up flopping

Capcom has always been pretty retarded when it came to initial character designs. However, they used to have people that gave a damn and would redesign characters until they were "Perfect" (Ex: SF2's cast).

Pic Related: Morrigan's initial design. Capcom of old would've laughed about it internally and done something different; Capcom of today would probably make that character right off of the bat because they're on a deadline.

You act like Capcom still doesn't go through the process of working through a character's design. Are you just pretending all those cut SFV designs don't exist?

In the old days, Capcom would have groups of different designers working on characters. Now, it's basically 3 guys that play up to Ono's tastes and/or the tastes of new markets Capcom want Street Fighter to break into.

Is that top one Pyron?

you maybe don't play any actual fighting games, huh.

Please do tell what new markets Street Fighter is trying to break into.

Yep.

>tastes of new markets Capcom want Street Fighter to break into.

What new markets?

With those characters? The Middle East, Russia & Eastern Europe obviously.

let's ignore that pointless statement (the most popular thing is popular and other popular things are popular because they're exactly like that one popular thing) and try this from another angle -

What about mobas is bad? how can we make it better?

They would fit in perfectly with SFV.

Did Bengus just phone it in REALLY hard on the SFV character story artwork? That shit looks like it's mostly the initial sketch but someone said "That's good enough. Color it."

imagine her paws on your dick

>That shit looks like it's mostly the initial sketch but someone said "That's good enough. Color it."

That's modern Capcom for you.

I think his style is just going through some sort of change

the proportions and poses and stuff is 100% on him, just look at But that at least looks like some effort was put into the coloring and stuff, which is more than I can say for his SFV work. They should've tapped Murata instead.

>TFW Bengus lost talent over time
>Post YFW Motherfucking FALCOON gained talent over time

I want to rape Felicia.

Murata is too busy with OPM as it is... But fuck man, he could adaptto almost any kind of art style, so he would've been a great choice.

Marry.

Literally every street fighter series has in some way introduced characters from new places trying to attract new tastes, and Capcom still plays it safe with a lot of characters by appealing to Japanese sensibilities first.

imgur.com/a/YY4LU
imgur.com/a/ccyEr
imgur.com/a/EC8cO

just dropping these here.

>ten years later
>"Who the fuck is Boco?"

Bengus' style has changed a lot since he left Capcom, and it didn't help that he was tapped to draw something he doesn't have a lot of experience with (multiple story scenes for each character)

And yet Ono looked at that and said "Nah, needs to be a fat white gaijin to piggyback on Tekken".

I will always support capcom for exposing me to a god tier fetish

It's not a question of him adapting to styles, it's just that his default style works perfectly for street fighter.

Is she gonna kill that thing?

fuck off faggot

praise felicia

Even in these simple sketches, I get a feeling he "gets" the characters. They remind me of those jokey illustrations you used to get back in the day, like with all the characters at the beach and shit.

I like the art/characters/setting but the games aren't that great to play. They feel pretty clumsy by modern standards, even the newest ones.

I really wish they would make a new one.

See, Murata gets that Ryu's better with a bit of stubble. I really don't care for the beard costume in SFV because it looks too clean.

Eh, you first.

Which ones have you played? Vampire Savior is easily one of the fastest fighting games in existence, it's anything but clumsy.

as an artist myself, i feel like it can only be two things:
-he was extremely out of practice.
-he didn't get the time he needed/he overestimated himself
might be a mix of both

not him, but I can't into fighting games where I have to link things. I can only do cancels. I tried playing Darkstalkers a bit, but outside of magic series normals I had a hard time getting anything going. the inputs being old-school instead of modern lenient didn't help either.

by "modern-lenient" you mean SFV?

What are you talking about? Links are a very small part of VSAV, every character has chain combos.

and SFIV, and MvC3, and SFxT, basically all the modern capcom games.

I dunno man, I kept trying shit and nothing seemed to combo. Fooling around on my own in the aforementioned games I could at least figure out some things, but Darkstalkers was esoteric to me.

It is ridiculously easy to combo in VSAV, I really encourage you firing up a rom or something and taking another look.

Who were you playing as Darkstalkers has very few links.

good luck wrecking someone strong enough to destroy a small army

maybe I came at it the wrong way. What's an average combo's structure? LMH->special, or something more?

Most combos end in a sweep rather than connecting to specials. Only a few characters like Zabel, Bishamon, or Lilith can combo into supers. Pic related is a joke imaged but it's Sasquatch's BnB.

It's truly a beautiful series.

I once knew some guy in the 90s who stood on my front porch, describing darkstalkers to me, and he said 'you can attack someone in the air, they can block your attack in the air, and then when they counterattack, you could potentially block them while still in the air' and we were both amazed by this

most people forget just how much crap that darkstalkers innovated that later appeared in SF, marvel, and then every 2d fighting game

and this is exactly why vampire will never be big again, it was amazing because of its innovation and freshness, but was ultimately not a great game like street fighter, because spammy shit like aulbath and sasquatch was stronger than everything else

lol what are you talking about
Fish is top 5, Sasquatch is 2nd
I don't think you play the game.

Im glad you bumped the thread

but holy shit, how detached the normal person is from reality

99.9% of players don't play at tournament level, for those people spammy dashing crushes methodical anakaris play, or victor/bish footsies, fireball/uppercut, phobos zoning, mindgames with pyron, or anything else

its the entire reason why the game isn't taken seriously, and this was true as early as the original vampire, where you mainly did gallon dashing abusing aulbath bugs

top level play? sasquatch vs bulletta, dash dash dash dash dash dash dash dash dash dash dash dash dash dash dash dash dash dash dash dash dash dash dash dash dash dash dash

so it IS just magic series normals. That's what I said I was doing, but I was trying to incorporate specials into the combos and not getting much.

Turns out that's because you don't do it really?

Vsav is a lot more balanced than most SF games, especially the older SF games.

Aulbath is not even close to being the best character in the game.

(You)

no, once you start a chain combo the normals no longer have bufferable windows

its just one of the things that makes vampire bad

people have rose colored glasses because they haven't played in so long, and like the character designs a lot

And Daigo rocking Jedah.

are you okay? You realize every character is played with a lot of dashes at high level play right? Using low-level play as an example of the entire game being bad is a ridiculous fallacy. Just because your dumb ass was too stupid to airblock Fish's poison gas doesn't mean the character is "spammy" go ahead and try that shit on fightcade right now and you're going to be eating a lot of jump-in combos.

(Ive censored myself by refusing to reply, curse this person for saying things that are informative and ever so slightly different from the way I remember it. I must be careful not to say anything specific as I might be corrected on the anonymous image board)

Yes you can end with a special but it depends on the character and what special you are trying to cancel into.

yes...low level play being VERY bad (correcting you here) is exactly why the game isn't good

and you know I'm so very right, as the game fell into total obscurity and was replaced by metrosexual sword fight simulators

sorry about that, I kind of wish it had been made better in the sequels

Not him but you are spouting false info and throwing words around like "spam"

No one is going to take you seriously.

I know that you lack any comprehension of what playing this game was like in 1993

you assume that I know LESS than you, which is where your arrogance is coming from

its impossible to learn anything until you first accept that you don't know something, in this specific case, realize that 'vampire filtered through years of tournament play that happened before I was born' is not an accurate understanding of the game

>seven vaganias

I actually cant tell if this is bait or not, iv seen so many retards post on Cred Forums i cant tell anymore.

you do realize that this is just a faster and more aggressive game in general right?

you just gotta learn to block and pushblock.

its the tigole disease

the one that says 'my ultra elite style of play is the only one that matters'

I realize how infectious it is, but all the successful games (like street fighter) accommodate idiots first, and there's no changing this reality

too dark 4 me.

One of my favorite fighters, half the reason I have a monster girl fetish (the other half is the Harpies from Yu-Gi-Oh), and my anger towards Capcom and the whole "Darkstalkers is not dead" stupidity will last longer than my own mortality.
That about sums it up for me.

Curiously attractive...for a fishman...

>Says a bunch of shit that's completely false
>Claims he knows more about the game than people who play it

Oh and btw im old enough to have played the first SF game when it was released in arcades.

Who let this SNK character in here?

What were they thinking with this cartoon

They were making the next Ghostbusters. Really. The staff were excited and thought they were on to something huge.

youtube.com/watch?v=rfts9DFBoL8

Really confusing since Darkstalkers was clearly not a kids property, Vampire Savior has tons of victory lines that are ambiguous about whether the opposing character was killed.

Shit meant to post this instead, sorry.
youtube.com/watch?v=EIVGLUZcgWI

Great game. Hate the balance though.

>What does Cred Forums think about Darkstalkers?
Darkstalkers could come back with something but it doesn't even have to be a fighting game. I love the characters and atmosphere but please just try something for fucks sake Capcom

Weird, isn't it? Then again, the 80s and 90s were full of stuff like that. Remember the Robocop cartoon? Toxic Crusaders? Rambo?

>DSR comes out to test the waters
>Everyone starts screaming about how they'll just play it on GGPO.

So was that just people talking out of their asses? It's a small number of people on fightcade but that's about it

how about Kartstalkers?

Great seres that helped establish fighting game mechanics as we know them today. Also has amazing art direction with an extremely memorable cast of characters. It's a shame I don;t trust current Capcom to do the series justice right now after looking at sfv.
>We will never have a Darkstalkers developed by ASW.

felicia circa whenever DS4 comes out
shes gonna work out hardcore

would you really buy something when you have a better and free alternative? dsr is good for its training mode at least

>extremely memorable cast of characters

people only remember the girls, and that's due to the crossovers.

Not exactly what I had in mind but I'd enjoy it. I was thinking something more like an RPG, board game, or action adventure game

>ten years later
>"oh, it's that guy from the Mega Man and Darkstalkers threads"

Pretty sure the move to GGPO only happened after Resurrection failed. Resurrection as a release to test the waters for a future title made a lot of mistakes.

ASW would probably ruin the art direction and aesthetics.

Except people didn't even follow through with the free version of the game.

For all that shit people talked, they didn't even attempt to try the game out.

Still my favorite
youtube.com/watch?v=QKGktfX1ioQ

>tfw changing Felicia's fur color to match her skin so she looked naked

>Pretty sure the move to GGPO only happened after Resurrection failed.

No, that was one of the main responses to DSR when it got announced.

SOME people, thank you.

My favorite is Talbain. Morrigan is just a bonus.

It wouldn't have to be that way, they wanted to put various male Darkstalkers in MVC3

If there was a fuss about not supporting Resurrection, I didn't see it. Links/screenshots would be appreciated.

No the cast is prettty memorable despite 20 years of nothing but ports.

The only really forgettable guy is Dehovan.

Like they "ruined" Xrd.
Imo Darkstalkers COULD look really good with Xrds 3d style.

bandwagoners are everywhere I guess
people that like the series still play it regularly

DSR is available on PS Now, how does the PS3 community for the games compare with Fightcade's?

>Streaming a fighting game
No.

I didn't say Xrd looked bad. But the actual designs between GG and DS are super different and I'm pretty sure they won't capture the spirit of DS at all, only the play.

I'm not sure they'd do that either, since they'd probably give a new DS shit like burst, take away guard cancels and rework push block.

yummy golden brown
i should trying that more, but im complete shit at coloring, i've never colored a single thing i drew in the last 10 years

Gave me my most favorite fighting game character

It wouldn't. Xrd's 3D only worked because the Guilty Gear series is very light on animation compared to Capcom series. Guilty Gear also has one less button than Capcom games, which means a fair amount of less stuff to work with in 3D. Trying to piggyback on Xrd's 3D would also mean turning Vampire Savior's lightning fast pace into a very slow, cinematic-laden game.
pic related, you will never see anything like this in Xrd.

Maybe. It's hard to decide what artsyle would work best for DS(Since Capcom still refuses to touch 2d again). Maybe the comic book shding style from MvC3.

All I know for sure is that it would look terrible if made like sfv. I don't want any ds to wind up like Alex or Ken.

he IS austrailian

Excellent taste.

Then don't do shit like modeling smear effects?

sagat looking pretty racist chink gook there

Then why try to convert a 2D series to 3D? SF4 ran into this problem during development because the visual feedback wasn't the same as it was for the 2D games.

>Then why try to convert a 2D series to 3D?

2D doesn't sell, and even if it does it takes longer.

>ywn be protected by Huitzil while he's surrounded by birds and squirrels

yes but you have your cause and effect mixed up there.

the crossovers are always the girls because those are the only ds characters people gave a shit about. any investment capcom is going to make in a new ds game would be better off as a new monster girl IP with the female ds cast as the initial support base

Capcom used to be good

I don't see how anyone can like Street Fighter and Marvel but not like Darkstalkers. It's literally the missing link between the two. DS took SF2 and expanded on it, then COTA took DS and expanded on it more. Then each of the three series continued and polished their formulas, occasionally borrowing from each other.

Didn't help that they've either booted or chased away most of their best developers. The Konami disease is spreading.

MAKE THE MAKAI GREAT AGAIN

Because 2D has a stigma against ever since 3D was introduced.

>This looks great...for a 2D game.
>for a sprite based game, x looks really beautiful

Like it or not regular people think 2D is outdated. People unironically praised sf4's animations for being so great, when they're actually completely lifeless and disgusting compared to 3S.

Hey, don't compare them to Konami. Capcom is at least trying.

sf characters are more recognizable
marvel characters are way more recognizable
people care about that more than gameplay

>try to introduce someone to darkstalkers a few years ago
>"it just looks like a shittier street fighter haha"

Aww man. I hate it when I'm reminded normal people exist. Though I do admit normies are needed to sell a game.

Fair enough.

All 3 of the main Darkstalkers games made the top 5 of their respective years' arcade income charts. It was by all means a hit. But there's this narrative today that it was always a huge flop that no one ever cared about. Probably because its success was largely centered in Japan, and nowadays the video game market is a lot more globalized. So the notion that a game can be successful enough in one region to be profitable is alien to modern gamers.

Lookin' kinda spooky there Felicia.

Resurrection had the shitty luck of coming out at a time when people were getting sick of the constant rehashes from Capcom. Hell it didn't even sell that bad all things considering. Just not the incredibly high expectations they wanted.

Dead meta
not back by marvel roster
hard as shit
air dasher so sf fags won't ever touch it because it's not muh neutral

I'd hate to say it. But SF elitism really limits a lot of the growth in the fgc sometimes. Especially here in the US where people won't play anything that "look too anime".

Yeah it's stupid but that's ignorant kids for you.

Incredible untapped potential the series, but no one gives a fuck because its not SF

VSAV is the best fighting game ever

This, I know talk about "oversaturation:" happens a lot with fighting games, but look at when DSR came out. Within just the past couple years, here had been rereleases of SF3, MvC2, SF3, Jojo, and MvC1+MSH. And that's on top of a bunch of new games being churned out, like a bunch of versions of SF4, 2 versions of MvC3, TvC and SFxT. All of that was on the market at once.

Its an Ashita no joe reference you ignorant fuck

>air dasher so sf fags won't ever touch it because it's not muh neutral
Hunter's got plenty of neutral.
I don't get people complaining about Darkstakers being too anime, either. It leans way more toward the Warner Bros/Disney side of animation.

>Dead meta
That's true of any old game. But people still claim to love the old SF and Marvel games.

Agreed, but can "too anime" actually exist, though? Can an overbearing aesthetic bring down a game as a whole?

arcana heart is a really good game

Yes. BlazBlue & Arcarna Heart are games I would try to get into, but their overall aesthetic turn me off for opposite reasons.

Darkstalkers started "anime" fighters but its the least "anime" in nature

Its way more cartoony than anime

>Darkstalkers started "anime" fighters
Really what it started was everything that wasn't a straight up SF2 clone of the sorts that were rampant in the early 90s. Later Street Fighter games borrow from it just as much as anime/airdasher games do. I mean, ALL of SFA1's "new" mechanics were just watered down DS ones.

CAKE

Ooh, is that buttercreme?

I want Huitzil to drive me to work.

>Looks very nice
>Falls apart when you try to eat it.

Cakes are not a decoration

While the meta is decidedly dead for a lot of their old games, they still got new ones. Marvel 3 is stale as fuck but it doessn't hold a candle to DS. When Marvel 3 is like 20 years old, yeah there will probably be way less players just like DS.

sf fags don't touch it to know anything about it. Literally turning their nose to it. Common problem in fgc.

bless your soul

What's the story behind this

Super puzzle fighter has some of the cutest darkstalkers music
youtu.be/j0tk7Ai0ZZQ

HEYHEY!!

"Oh no, Birdie didn't make it...and he crushed our boy..."
"What a mess."

>stealing jokes from the Simpsons

Shaking my damn head to be honest familia.

I think it's from a gettogether celebrating a recent tournament.
Love that synth bass, it's the same one they used in Super Turbo and Vampire Savior.

Dear diary, today Cred Forums was a pretty cool guy

While I'm on that subject, that synth bass is from the Roland U-220 sound module. The electric guitar power chord you hear in most CPS2 fighters is also from that same module. I sort of have a hobby of researching the sources of samples used in old game soundtracks.

any requests?
i kinda want to do felicia ones the most, but i'll toss anything into a que and pop them up later in the month.

Huitzil teasing Felicia with the laser sight on his Genocide Vulcan the way you tease a cat with a laser pointer. I actually drew this myself, but it's pretty scribbly and doodly, would like to see someone try a nicer attempt at the concept.

That's some pretty high level way of killing time if you ask me mate.

Thats really good.

Well, I enjoy old-fashioned electronic music production, MIDIs and such, so it sort of comes naturally. And there are other people who are interested in the subject, since two different forums have really long threads dedicated to it.

A fight between two of the Darkstalkers while onlookers panic.

This the part where we start blaming SF for people not playing other fighters even though there's no obligation to?

Talbain being a Taliban

The thing is, Darkstalkers itself is practically an SF subseries. But lots of SF players will still treat it with scorn anyway. They'll go on about how SF3 is the best Street Fighter, even though it was originally intended to be an original IP. And they'll say Darkstalkers was never successful, even though it was more successful than lots of games bearing the SF brand. There definitely is an element of brand loyalty here.

more specifically the characters (and their colors) represent three of the organizers of the tournament

t2ya (red zabel), DD (white sas), and Sakamoto (blue bee)

What's the best Darkstalkers game and on what system? I've only play DS3 on the PS1 and loved it, but I'm sure that version is one of the inferior ones.

Fuck the cat

that is better than i can do
i wouldn't even attempt it

>even though it was originally intended to be an original IP.
This is false

As someone who loves both the Vampire series and 3S i can say you are a faggot and have no idea what the fuck you are talking about.

DS3/Vampire Savior is considered the best game in the series, but yeah, the PS1 version is probably the worst port of it. In terms of pure arcade accuracy, Darkstalkers Resurrection has the best version. In terms of fleshed out content, the Japan-only PS2 version has the most fully-featured version.

As for other games in the series, Night Warriors/Vampire Hunter is the other one that's worth playing. Balance is a bt rougher, and it's overall more old-school, but it is a very different game from Savior, enough to stand on its own merits. If you want a port of it.,, again Darkstalkers Resurrection has the most accurate version. The Saturn port and the version in the aforementioned PS2 collection have a few extras, but they're not as substantial as the ones for Savior (no extra characters, etc.)

The remaining games are the first Darkstalkers, and Savior 2/Hunter 2. The firs one might be worth checking out as a curiosity, and it has some nice aesthetics, but gameplay wise it's pretty busted. Savior 2 and Hunter 2 are halves of what amounts to a "Super" verison of Darkstalkers 3. They were released seprately in arcades due to memory limit, the only differences being which characters are missing. The PS1 version of DS3 you have let you select modes that replicated them, IIRC. The PS2 collection also include them, both in their original separate arcade forms and in combined versions that put all 18 characters into one game. The gameplay is largely just Savior's with some system and balance changes that were generally agreed to be for the worse.

>that Femto Pyron

Akiman himself tweeted that SF3 was originally not going to be part of the Street Fighter series. That he came in halfway through development and changed it into a Street Fighter game because he figured the executives would end up doing the same anyway..

Akiman was just an artist on SF3 and had no say in any of its development, stop talking out your ass.

Thanks for the details reply user.

>Street Fighter III: New Generation (ストリートファイターⅢ NEW GENERATION?) is a fighting video game in Capcom's Street Fighter series, originally released as coin-operated arcade game in 1997. Street Fighter III was produced for the CD-ROM-based CP System III hardware, which allowed for more elaborate 2D graphics than the CPS II-based Street Fighter Alpha games (the previous incarnation of the Street Fighter series), while revamping many of the play mechanics. The game, which was designed as a direct sequel to Street Fighter II, initially discarded every previous character except for Ryu and Ken (hence the "New Generation" subtitle), introducing an all-new roster led by Alex. Likewise, a new antagonist named Gill took over M. Bison's role from the previous games as the new boss character

>The game, which was designed as a direct sequel to Street Fighter II

>designed as a direct sequel to Street Fighter II

Oh, I should also mention Chronicle. This is a gma ethat was released on teh Dreamcast and then prted to the PSP. It's sort of liek Hyper SF2 in that it lets you pick modes for each character base don each game, and lets you mix and match them against each other. Which sounds cool in theory, but in execution it's incredibly inaccurate. You can tell that what they did was just take the Savior engine, make copies of the character slots, and then tried, rather half-assedly, to make those copies play something like the versions from the previous games. They didn't even bring over the stages from the first two games. And even the Savior versions have inaccuracies somehow. Not recommended.

That's my favorite of her alternate palettes. I think it was her first alternate too, back in DS1 when everyone only had one alt color.

I understand Lord Raptors desire to fug this.

good fighting game, better fap material

What kinda bugs me about the third Darkstalkers game is that there are all those versions of the game and all of them have their own strengths and weaknesses.

Even Darkstalkers Resurrection's version of VS doesn't have all 18 characters.

Thats why the Saturn version is best.

saturn version is ass

Because the ROM size prevents them from putting all the characters into a single game, or something like that. And why would you want to play every single character? Just look at the SF4 and BB series which by the end of their lifetimes had bloated casts meaning players had to memorize dozens of matchups to do well. Why not try to keep things simple? This is what people miss when they complain about fighting games having "small" rosters as if it's a negative quality. I'd rather play SFV or VSAV's sub-20 character cast than USF4.

Yes, it was initially ROM limitations. The CPS2 wasn't a particularly powerful piece of arcade hardware for its time, and Capcom hit its limits pretty early. The CPS3 failing also meant that they went back and used the cheaper CPS2 for longer than was initially intended. Darkstalkers was very animation intensive for its time, so they had already hit the full capacity in the second game. That's why when the time came to make the third game, they had to cut some characters in order to make room for new ones. Consoles didn't have the same limitations, but older ones had different limitations of their own (hence choppy animation on PS1 ports and such), and the process of porting something like a fighting game, with its complexity and diehard fanbase means that there's always the potential for even the smallest inaccuracy from the original version to turn off a lot of players.

Better than PS1.

Which is why people say to just play the arcade original instead of Resurrection.

neat