>evil character joins the good guys
>is instantly forgiven for all his evil deeds

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vSE1j2pyRCE
youtube.com/watch?v=ouA-U4x17KY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>morally grey character joins the party for the greater good
>half the party loses their shit

>Use an enemy at the end of the game to save your own skin.
>party member starts crying about it for no real reason.

>all have tumblr nose
Dragon Age was a mistake

>Party member leaves to fight against you.
>They take your armor and weapons with them.

not a game, but x-men apocalypse regarding magneto

he murders god knows how many thousands of people around the world on his own accord, and because at the very last moment he turns sides to help defeat apocalypse, he's waived out the door by xavier with a proverbial medal on his chest

that fucker needed to be put inside an underground prison again and they should've filled it up with water

>load latest savegame and strip them

>he murders god knows how many thousands of people around the world on his own accord
Just like how people kill thousands of mutants right?

I forgave her but I had to punish her first

You're retarded, magneto. Go to bed.

>>load latest savegame and strip them

that's what I did when this fuck turned traitor

No Charles, fuck you

She killed some rats but then she saved a princess. She totally redeemed herself.

Damn it general Beatrix at least you stacked tho

best way to punish a brown qt like that is filling her full of your seed

>>morally grey character joins the party for the greater good
>>half the party loses their shit

that actually happens in one of the older SRWs. If you let Shu join, most of the Lord of the Elemental characters but Masaki leave

Charles is a big picture guy. I haven't seen the movie, but in the comics he is generally not being turned over to the authorities if he seems to have seen the error of his ways, because he's an important figure that can help continue building the peace and spreading Xaviers philosophy to mutants. Charles knows full well that he has murdered thousands, but he also knows that the future of mutants is what's at stake, and if Magneto can help better that, he will keep him free. They're both, on somep lane, portrayed as philosophers that are sort of "above" the "petty" concerns of law and most people. Which is why they sometimes fall even harder when they come to face with the fact that they are still just human. Xavier almost destroyed the human race once.

>Beatrix's incredible tits.
>You will never suck them.

>Anders constantly bitching about Merrill when his kill count far exceeds hers

FUCKING Magus kills Cyrus and we have to just accept he was doing it for the right reason and Frog barely acknowledges this in sidequests if you spare Magus I think.

I should replay actually.

Anders was absolutely intolerable. He was okay in the DLC for DAO, but they completely fucked his character in DAII.

Did we really need three near back-to-back boss fights with her?

"How do I make them understand that mutants are a peaceful and kind people...? I know! I'll go on a murderous rampage!" Big picture huh

>NEVER FORGET THE BURMECIAN GENOCIDE
>Freyja is the first to buddy up with her

>Xavier almost destroyed the human race once.

then he should be trialed as well

the reason why people hate and fear mutants is because they can be beyond retarded with their destructive powers while not giving a fuck about the law - and they're right

I kind of liked the well-intentioned extremist angle Anders had in DA2.

I wish you could call him out more for being self-righteous with the rest of the party though.

It was cool that you could kill him off though

Is it still punishment if she enjoys it?

It's not punishment if she wants it, user. Come on now.

If Cyrus were trying to stop me from killing Lavos I'd fight him too.

It's cool but pointless to kill him. I can accept the fact he wanted to save Schala because I'd probably do some shit if I could to save a family member from a fucked up fate and was raised by fucks like Ozzie but he didn't have to kill Cyrus.

>well-intentioned extremist
There was nothing well-intentioned about him in DA2. He was a melodramatic, self-aggrandizing, faggot with no grasp on how the real world works. Anything that went against his narrow world-view had to be destroyed and the concept of compromise was so foreign to him that it may as well not exist. He was basically a tumblr feminist turned into a character with the distinction being that actually went out and did the things he said. I've never hated a fictional character the way I hated him until pic related was shat into existence.

He was on trial, and put in prison.

Xavier didn't chose to go on a murderous rampage, and Magneto never wanted people to understand. Don't know what the fuck you're on about m8.

Fuck this little faggot

Cyrus didn't deserve death for trying to save his people.

>Finally fight the big boss
>Oh he's just misunderstood let's let him live
>Never offered this kind of kindness to the people who just worked under him, people who were mislead or people who just got in the way

Too bad for him.

>if we kill him, we're no better than him

He's no different than any of the monsters your party slaughtered throughout the game. He may not have known he was on Lavos' side, but he was.

I liked Assassin's Creed 2, but I laughed pretty hard about Ezio murdering his way through countless mooks only to say that killing their boss wouldn't bring his family back.

Whenever this is said to me, it only makes me want to kill them more.

>sparing him just leads to him killing countless others

Still true no matter how hard you meme.

Okay, Kant.

It's weird seeing them all together like this. Very rarely do any characters interact with each other outside the one on ones with Hawke.
I know this game had a ton of flaws but that's always bothered me the most. They never feel like a party of heroes teaming up. They all just happen to know Hawke, and occasionally ask him for favors.
They needed a "camp" like in DA:O.

Cecil? You're talking about Cecil, right?

Because they did the same shit, only Cecil was a DARK KNIGHT murdering people for crystals for an corrupted ruler. You just come in at the middle of his story sooner.

But Cecil is bretty cool regardless and Beatrix is best FF girl. I'd kill for a figure. So would she, probably.

>bad guy is killing hundreds of people left and right for the sake of being evil

>option 1: let him live
>he keeps killing people
>somehow you're still the good guys

>option 2: kill him
>he can't kill people anymore
>this makes you bad

Cred Forumstard logic, everyone

>That picture

BURNED

In Fire Emblem Awakening I thought this was kind of played with in a neat way.

By endgame you get the option to recruit a few previous antagonists, and Chrom offers them the chance at redemption, a far cry from the bloodthirsty warrior prince of the first part of the game.

This isn't so unusual for a series where recruiting enemies to your side, even ones that have committed heinous and even personal crimes against the hero's party, has been a long-standing feature.

But Chrom looks at a man he's already killed once, utterly broken and hit rock bottom, and tells the guy he might as well die usefully in his army.

Cool strawman.

so if someone would have managed to kill Hitler, he would be as bad as Hitler?

Cecil didn't know he was carrying bombs

Fuck this idiot.
>I'll help you kill Luca Blight and end the war
>Ok Luca Blight is dead let's have peace
>Just kidding I'm gonna try my hand at being king because I think I can do a pretty good job

HAHA, no.
Capital punishment, nigga.
Killers get killed. That's true justice.
Bleeding hearts can just fuck right off.

That literally IS your reasoning, though.

It's retarded and doesn't make any sense, but that somehow didn't stop you.

Fable 2 is the worst fucking example of the op.

Said evil guy is literally worse than the main antagonist and arguably fucks you over worse. The best part is he's someone on the writing team's mary sue so there's nothing you can do to pay him back and he gets a pretty big part in the sequel.

I'm still mad, fuck reaver. He's a evil shit in 3 too and guess what? you still can't touch him.

Light Yagami pls

>killing the good guy

why they are all drunk?

Really? I thought the group banter was one of DA2's stronger points. Characters visiting each other's homes, hating each other less as the years went on, etc. Out of all the DA games it felt the most like an awkward family.

Inquisition was the one where I felt like half the group was kind of isolated from one another split up across all of Skyhold.

No it isn't. Most of the stories that use that line have you playing as a true hero - someone able to accomplish near impossible deeds while always upholding nobility and morality.

If your only solution to a problem is "lol kill it", then you're not a hero.

why do you think that letting him live means that you just leave and let him do whatever he wants. have never heard of a prison for example?

I AM THE SPOOKY GHOST THAT LIVES INSIDE THE SOUL OF EVERY MURDERER. IF YOU KILL THE MURDERER, I WILL LITERALLY MAKE YOU JUST AS BAD AS THEM. BUT IF YOU LET THE MURDERER LIVE, I WILL SPUR THEM TO CONTINUE KILLING. THIS MORAL DILEMMA CANNOT POSSIBLY HAVE MORE THAN THESE TWO ANSWERS. YOU ARE A NITWIT.

>See OP
>First thing I think about is this movie

kek

>evil character joins the good guys
>sacrifices themselves to save another character

>The bad guy you thought would eventually join your side never does

I liked the idea of Reaver being this dickheaded immortal who would somehow escape to show up in every sequel.

But I was disappointed we never got the chance to try and avenge Barnum or the people he sacrificed for his youth.

I'm a sucker for good redemption arcs.

Most of them involve you killing many people before you get to the villain.

Fucking Logahin man. I replay that game just to kill that fucker at least once a year

are you guys by chance also fedora tipping trumplets and believe the moon is made of cheese?

i need to know the amount of retardation i'm dealing with here

He could have been forgiven in the other movies and the comic is (usually) careful enough to keep things morally gray enough to make him into a "one people's revolutionary is another's terrorist" figure when they're not just putting him in total villain mode.
But X-Men Apocalypse was just pants-on-head retarded in the handling of its aftermath. Here, he willingly practiced in the genocide of the thousands, if not millions. He might even be a greater monster at that point than the people that drew up and implemented the Nazi state policies he was born out of. And that's just glossed over, it's "so long 'ol chap, thanks for joining the fight against that which you enable, don't go around murdering more homo sapiens ya hear".
Days of Future Past had slight script and tonal problems, but Apocalypse has some of the worst I've ever witnessed in a major studio picture of that caliber, and that toppled with Jennifer Lawrence shitting things up because she decided she needed a steady meal ticket just makes me not want to bother with any more sequels or spin-offs.

Beatrix was leading a military campaign following years of war. She didn't know Brahne was fucking nuts and was going to Nuke the entire city. She had a big personal conflict moment aboard her airship after that.

She also wanted the rat people to surrender and let them have the jewel, but they fought so... whelp.

Worth it.

This bitch is one of the things that ruins FFIX for me. Proto-Lightning was a mistake. If there's ever a remake of FFIX they need to let Freya kick her ass.

>ad hominem
well, at least you admit to not having an argument besides a strawman

Not really.

I want to save her queen

>evil
>ratlover doesn't understand the concept of loyalty

No surprise there.

Cecil murdered most of Mysidia for their crystal. FF9 is a nostalgia throwback game.

Zuko from ATLA had the best redemption arc IMO

It was predictable, but still well executed.

Why do you want to save the elephant woman who blows up cities?

And then he does kills him at the end of Brotherhood anyway

Most video games involve enemies that you kill.

kill one or kill hundred
you only hang once

>S-stop! I surrender! If you kill me now you'll be just as bad as I am!
>Party member says "Alright" and executes him anyway
Lin was so based in DoR.

Of course then the boss calls you on trying to cheat and gives them new gear anyway.

Beatrix personally led the genocide of Burmecia.

Zuko's arc and his dynamic with his uncle was probably one of the most well done parts of an already fantastic show.

no-no
i want to be the best swordsman on her continent, if you know what i mean

And they're mindless beasts or literal monsters the majority of the time. When you do fight humans, in most cases they're just knocked out unless otherwise specified.

>major antagonist joins the party
Yess. Pic related was the best moment of my early vidya days.

It's a real shame she doesn't become playable.

You know, the Mysidia raid should have been the opening scene. Would've been a great fakeout to play Cecil up as a villain until you take control.

I honestly can't think of any games with that line that don't involve you killing other people.

She led the raid of Burmecia and Cleyra and captured the crystals with her forces. Remember this is following years of war predating the start of the game. Brahne ordered the Black Mages and the subsequent nuking of Cleyra.

Remember when she got super conflicted about her loyalty after that and what it means to be a soldier? Cecil after raiding Mysidia, who knows where else, and the subsequent nuking of the Summoner Village.

Recruiting Magus was fantastic. Especially if you took him to Ozzie's fort afterwards.

But she was possessed so it's k

They couldn't make her playable because the story would end right there with her defeating Kuja on her own. They built her up as the strongest person ever, so having her playable would break the game, or would mean making her on the same level as other characters.

And yet she still did it. In fact the only real reason she starts to 'question' things is that she is afraid Brahn won't need her anymore, not that there's anything anyone can do to her. She is otherwise perfectly happy to murder anyone she feels like.

I like Cecil and Beatrix a lot. They fill the same trope of conflicted but loyal soldier and how far you're willing to go in the trust of loyalty. They both did bad shit under orders until it went way too fucking far.

She just didn't get the development Cecil got because she isn't a main character and almost NOBODY in FF9 did.

Beatrix's only objection to the destruction of Burmecia and Cleyra was that the queen didn't thank her. She's a massive bitch.

She didn't murder, she led a military campaign under orders and ultimately stopped when things got out of hand. Nuking Cleyra was synonymous with nuking the Summoner Village in FF4.

Also rats aren't people.

Best character too.

>she

Burmecia didn't have a crystal.

She didn't agree with the methods. Notice how she didn't try and kill EVERYONE in Cleyra only the resistance. The Black Mages murdered indiscriminately and weren't under her control.

Again, Cecil did the same shit prior to the playable portion of FF4.

Difference is that Cecil 1. got a lot of development and 2. wasn't a giant unbeatable mary sue.

You mean she stopped when she became worried that Brahn wouldn't need her anymore.

She wouldn't stand a chance against Kuja. Kuja took a Mega Flare from Bahamut to the face and only got a little scratch.

Steiner's Shock is far more powerful than hers.

You missed the part of the back story where Alexandria and Burmecia were at war before the game began. She's a general and a soldier. War sucks.

>Best character too.

not really, he was shit

>if we kill him, we're no better than him
>you're right
>kill him anyway

Does this ever happen

>Evil character is shackled in some way and is taken into the party as an unwilling party member

Done in no game that I know of

She is literally stated to be the strongest person in the world. This is hammered in by how she flawlessly beats you over and over again. You might technically surpass her in gameplay but in story she's stronger than everyone.

No they weren't. They had waged war before, but there currently wasn't one going on.

Cecil got more screen time as a main character, yeah. Also beatrix is weak as shit when you get her and my Cecil was an unstoppable monster killer MOON MAN.

He kicked his sister off a cliff. And she didn't die, but instead became utterly retarded. He deserved everything.

Right. War happened and they are historically enemies in the padt. Brahne went fucking nuts and started ordering more war, and the first rule of soldiering is not questioning orders until after you've done them. She was a tool like Cecil until she decided not to be anymore. Cecil was just developed better in a better story, that's the only real difference.

Fuck you
Fuck you
Fuck you
3 times you fucking whore you just ohko the player because of plot armor.
IX-2 should be made just to see this bitch hang for everything she did.

I'm pretty sure about that, yes.

Gameplay =/= Story. Storywise she's stronger than Trance Kuja, and the writers wouldn't dare let their waifu ever lose to anyone.

Also Cecil had to go through a big redemption arc. All Beatrix had to do was say "It was just a prank bro!"

Cecil never indiscriminately slaughtered civilians.

Not valueing the life of others cheapens your own, user.

>story-wise she's stronger than Trance Kuja

Let's not get carried away here. Trance Kuja is a planet buster.

Sauce pls

So you show your value for the life of others by letting some unrepentant mass murder who has no intention of ever stopping live?

I know one game where the protagonist was mentally tortured with the truth of him quite brutally killing people who in essence weren't evil, just trying to earn a living... he got over it very quickly with "lol, thanks for waking up Mr. Hyde". He lived to be a hero. The more sane guy paid with his life to redeem himself for losing his path.

>killing the strongest fighter on your side because of "muh revenge"

That's how retarded ratfags are.

Literally stated to be the strongest character in FFIX. That you can actually beat Trance Kuja (at least until he basically suicides) proves that she's stronger than he is.

That's his son.

Raiden is not a hero you retard.

Beatrix was the de facto best warrior in all Gaia. heck, she toyed around with the party three times, which included a black mage (which beatrix had no previous knowledge to how to fight against) and one of burmecia greatest dragoon knights.

The opening scene is literally Cecil slaughtering civilians indiscriminately

You're obviously a waifu autist so I'm not going to bother

He is presented as one, or how do you call someone who killed the main villain and prevented a nefarious scheme? It's just that Jack the Ripper part that makes him out of the ordinary.

Zuko could have went either way imo by the beach episode you knew. Korra's only good season is the first and killing off Sokka unceremoniously between shows is bullshit.

Cecil never touched them, and they were all trained magic users.

I'm not the one defending her for being a blatant mary sue.

Turn the other cheek, my son.

Forgot to add, there is also that scene at the end where Sunny practically proclaims him her husbando, cause he is her hero.

>game notices that the character(s) which turn against you are suspiciously un-geared and comments on it

I swear either NWN2 or another party based western RPG does that.

Nowhere does it state she's stronger than Kuja, let alone capable of destroying planets.

You have a choice to fight Magus after the fall of Zeal. If you choose to walk away, Frog (if he's in your party) basically says he forgives him. Killing Magus wouldn't bring Cyrus back, and at that point Frog sees the bigger picture. I honestly thought it was great development for both of their characters.
Magus wasn't really evil, anyway. He wanted revenge.

With your dick right?

>"Antagonist" chasing you throughout the game isn't actually the bad guy but a golem/zombie
>Meet the real bad guy kill him
>Mentor betrays you, kills you
>Golem/zombie meets up with you later as you come back to life
>Moral decision after you defeat him to bind him to your will
>Party goes apeshit and you have to bind them

Guess the game

Jade Empire. That was actually pretty cool.

Again, literally stated to be the strongest character in FFIX by canon. You never beat her and never can, while you can defeat Kuja more or less. Guarantee if you got a chance to fight her again endgame she'd still pull the same cheap shit because of her being the writers' waifu.

>characters let villain live
>villain decides to try and get a sneak attack on the MC
>MC ends up killing him in self defense
>nobody gives a shit or chastises the MC despite their objecting to killing him just a moment ago

Not evil, but you can shackle the tethered spirit of the Emperor's brother in Jade Empire instead of releasing him to the afterlife so tjat he can atone for the sins of his family

She wasn't the strongest character ever. Endgame Super Satan Zidane would wreck her shit. She was the strongest SOLDIER, and can't be compared to things she had no knowledge of like planet destroying moon people and giant city eating gem creatures.

Beatrix had a redemption but didn't need a class change. Steiner helped her, and she shifted her loyalty to Garnet after she understood she couldn't be loyal to Brahne as kuja's puppet.

Strongest conventionally, and she never got to fight Zidane and Co later in the game when they were BEAST MODE and got strong enough to fight DEATH.

> literally stated to be the strongest character in FFIX by canon. You never beat her and never can

that's not how canon work your fucking autist

the party is much stronger when they fight kuja than when they fight beatrix.

That's like saying. "hurr grand dragons are weaker than Fangs cause at the start of the game you take several turns to kill a fang, while late game you can kill great dragons with a single l5 death spell"

>Super Satan Zidane

This shit is even more insufferable than this new Beatrix nonsense.

> killing one person to save many
> same as saying "lol kill it" to EVERY problem

You'll give yourself a hernia moving goalposts like that.

She's the strongest character from early game perspective, when you had no idea about Kuja, Garland, Necron, Ozma, Hades, etc.

I hate how it locks you into evil and it's at the very end. Death's Hand is the Darth Vader of Jade Empire so maybe it would have been bad to actually make him a character in sidequests and shit.

Nice conjecture. She was the strongest warrior as a seasoned military veteran and leader. She didn't know anything about summons and killer aliens and aspects of death. Zidane is literally Goku, with limitless potential and a destiny to wreck planets that he just didn't follow.

Kuja wasn't a "warrior" he was a magic user and wouldn't wrecked Beatrix with summons or other evil villain magic bullshit.

The fact that she's hot is because she's a final fantasy character. That's what they always do. You seem like you're just mad because you never got your revenge in game.

Except there is no evidence that your party could ever defeat her at any point. The fact is that you are never given the chance and that if you were you'd still lose because she's obviously the writers' pet.

Kek

If you can't save everyone, then you aren't a hero.

Sorry I meant saiyan. He was essentially Goku. Alien planet destroying heritage, brain damage, goofy shit and even fighting his evil planet destroying monkey brother. Then he traces the fuck out and fights death.

oh yeah, I do agree. (I'm not the autist user syaing beatrix is the strongest canon character)

She was the strongest wariror in gaia, but when it comes to people like kuja garland and then you go visit terra and the fucking other world, it becomes a moot point.. The party would certainly beat her by disc four.

Then there are no heroes.

There is no evidence you could defeat Puck, either, who is 100% undefeated in battles we don't know if he had. Zidane is a thief not a fighter and he grew to INSANE powers but then again he was supposed to because muh mystical moon people.

>Character you really like dies

No he fucking isn't. The "angel of death" line isn't meant to be taken literally. Fuck.

>Korra
S3>S4>S1>S2

Absent of evidence is not evidence of absense you shitmonger.

Just because you didn't get the opportunity to beat beatrix after disc 2 it doesn't mean she's undefeatable.

Stop spouting non sense about your own waifu as it's fact, nowhere it was ever stated beatrix was the strongest character in ff9. Only the strongest warrior in gaia during the start of the game when nobody even knew of kuja.

Yeah I mean, it's final fantasy. Your main charscter is almost always beast mode by the time the game ends canonically. Fuck I mean look at cloud-- couldn't pass SOLDIER initial testing by ends up being stronger than Sephiroth ever was by the end of the story. I don't know who could even fight him 1v1 anymore on that planet.

Happened too many times. ;_;

This is fiction we're talking about.

... Kuja and Zidane were created through SCIENCE on the moon and literally sent down to Gaia by Garland to wreck shit for him. Kuja did, Zidane got amnesia and became a thief who didn't know where he was from. Kuja even has an inferiority complex about Zidane turning out to be the actual canonically stronger guy via Garland. They even have a limited life span that Kuja wouldn't accept.

And there still are no heroes, only designated protagonists.

>Decide to play the PS1 FF trilogy
>FF7 is great. Really fun and battles are fast.
>FF8 is boring as shit, broken as fuck combat system, battles takes ages. Dropped.
>Skip to FF9. The art direction is 10/10. The characters are great. The combat is somehow more simple than FF7, but still tolerable. BUT THE BATTLES ARE STILL TOO FUCKING SLOW.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS FRANCHISE.

I WANT TO LIKE IT, BUT IT DOESN'T WANT ME TO.

You are literally forced to lose to her 3 times for no reason but to hammer in how much stronger she is than you. You can actually defeat Kuja, so he's not as strong as she is. Or rather he doesn't have the massive plot armor that she has.

No one would be defending her if she weren't a female.

Your context made it clear you were speaking of Magnus. Magnus may never wear the suit but he's a man user.

>>evil character joins the good guys
>>is instantly forgiven for all his evil deeds

That's called bad writing. FF9 isn't exactly a well written game.
The end especially should've clued you in on this.

She is the best conventional fighter. Everyone in your party gets retard strong by the end of the game and fight the embodiment of death. You also didn't get to fight Kuja early on. Get over it. She was strong, you surpass her.

No we aren't doing this. Kuvira was an ancillary character with no reason to be put into spotlight and let's be lesbians shit literally comes out of nowhere.

Kuja "wrecked shit" by being a manipulator and caused a continental war. Zidane is only superior to Kuja in the sense that he has a natural lifespan.

Zidane and Kuja are not super powerful DBZ characters capable of nuking kingdoms into oblivion. Taking the angel of death line literally is a clear sign of autism.

>Zidane was experimental in that he would live through a full life, growing up as a child before developing into Garland's "Angel of Death." Growth and learning through childhood would allow Zidane to feel complex emotions and grant him the power to enter Trance, thus making him superior to Kuja.[3]

>Kuja, infuriated by Garland's decision to create another Genome, deposited Zidane on Gaia and abandoned him. Young Zidane, unaware of his mission, was found byBakuat the age of four,[4]and was raised by him as a member of the Tantalus Theater Troupe inLindblumonly remembering one thing of his previous life: a blue light.

>asshole tries to kill you
>defeat him
>"lel i was just testing you, you pass bruh congrats"

This shit makes me want to kill them even more.

FF8 literally has the fastest battles if you know what you're doing. You also don't ever need to grind at all.

No you don't. At no point is that confirmed. What, did they need to keep her as an antagonist and have you fight and lose to her 3 more times over the course of the story to make you realize that?

See

Do they HAVE to let you beat her to feel good about yourself? She stopped having a reason to fight you. You went on to do crazy space warrior shit and she didnt. Still looks like you're just mad, which is fine-- be mad about it, but it doesn't change how powerful zidane gets.

>wiki shit

Fuck off nigger. Support with direct evidence.

true my man.

zaheed and his squad was the fucking shit. it had been a long time since i'd seen battle of equals like that in a good show. i just wish they'd written asami somehow taking down the combustion bender to complete the 4v4. i'm sure she is capable of such a feat.

when they make the next series, i hope there's at least a season as good as s3 korra.

korra's problem (besides being rushed to meet 12 episode cour standards) is that while it had higher highs than TLA, it also had lower lows. It makes it seem like the show's quality is all over the place. S2 was fucking abysmal and easily worse than TLA's s1, but S3 was way better than anything in TLA.

still hurts
also dem polygons

That's how progression usually works. In a good narrative you would actually win the last fight against a character like that, because it'd give you a sense of progression. There is no progression there because the game slaps you in the face for no reason but that the writers didn't want their waifu to ever lose to anyone. It's not the only problem with FFIX's writing.

I'm pretty sure none of that stuff was canon right? If i remember rightly it was DLC-based episodes that let you recruit important villain characters/side characters, with a little plot in there for it to make sort o fsense.

Fuck that, I'll never be able to complete this otherwise pretty good animu.

;_;

No, FF9 is just a fine game with shitty writing and story that goes all over the place. They did a lot of things wrong with pretty much everything in that game.

>Her legendary swordsmanship is known far and wide and Beatrix holds the title of the "best swordsman in the continent". Because of such fearsome power, she is often called "the cold-blooded woman who silences even the crying infant" or "Beatrix who felled 100 men".

It's all directly referencing shit said in the game. She's the strongest swordsman and usually fights shit head soldiers on the opposing side. The last time you fight her she is level 19.

Zidane and Co fight TRANCE Kuja and a GOD. Kuja was never even expected to be able to Trance by what Garland said, and one of his Genomes going Trance and wrecking shit was his secret weapon. Zidane and Kuja have huge story and plot significance in how strong they're supposed to be able to get. Zidane is a fucking Thief when he fights her with a spoiled princess, an inept knight leader of equally inept knights, and a black mage child.

>>Character you really like dies

Mostly because I hated Spark.

His context was quite clear. When he said pic related he was talking about Magus, when he said she he was talking about Beatrix.

ezio is kind of a giant asshole all through the trilogy which makes him my fave protag.

he is a hero of justice you giant faggot.

It's hilarious how much the developers regret killing Selvaria

Why do homosexual relationships need nuance and need to tie into the story but mako gets a free pass? Opal and bolin get a free pass too considering they fell in love right after just meeting.

>put them in prison
>not even a day later and they've already escaped and went back to mass murdering
Great job, Mr. Wayne.

This. Garland isn't even the one who calls them "angels of death," Zidane is the one who comes up with the term when he hears Garland's plans which, by the way, aren't to have them nuke the planet or anything stupid like that, but to have them incite war and conflict in order to speed the cycle of souls. Garland even says at one point that he doesn't want to destroy Gaia, he needs to filter its souls through the Iifa Tree. Also, Garland already has a giant fuck-off nuke in the form of the Invincible, he doesn't need minions with that kind of power.

>implying mako ever gets a free pass
>implying the Avatar writers aren't just terrible at writing romance in general

>character is a sociopath
>suddenly is good

Mako, so bad at being male he turns girls into bisexuals.

>when you get your hands on the Invincible you never use it for anything other than flying around iirc

I tend to like the explicitly disposable bastards, so I'm used to it by now.

RIP in pieces, Carmines

>IX-2 should be made just to see this bitch hang for everything she did.
Instead square made 2 sequels to their last shitty FF game

Well they probably didn't expect her to get quite the following.

>we're not so different, you and I

>You can recruit and impregnate the antagonist

Poor Eisenhorn. Even the greatest can fall...

>fight bad guy with tons of amazing abilities
>He swaps sides and joins you and is suddenly weak as fook

Too fucking real mate

What game?
I can only think of Rance.

>fight bad guy with tons of amazing abilities early on
>fight him again about mid-way through and he's just as strong as ever
>fight him near the final dungeon, still tough but you beat him, and recruit him
>check his stats
>max level, the exact same stats he had during the first fight
>he actually can't get any better than he was at the very beginning.

That fucking happens on disc 2. By that point, you are all fighting a localized war in a continent. Before defeating her for the third time, the strongest being you defeated was the Iifa tree guardian, who is a shitstain near Ark who is disc 3 already

>asshole tries to kill you
>you don't even fight back
>assholebreaks down crying about how she can't even save one child
heh

Which one?

Yeah, that's the big paradox of Batman- the whole "never ever use lethal force against criminals" thing would be fine in a more 'realistic' setting where criminals who do supervillain-level shit stay in jail for decades/life, but for story's sake pretty much everyone in his rogues' gallery has to keep escaping jail/Arkham (or never get caught in the first place) and go back to killing people, so his moral code winds up getting more people killed. Of course, in the end that's not really the fault of Batman but the justice system itself.

Like goro in persona 5, since he is the villian

Stella Glow, I think.

It's a 3ds Strategy RPG, so don't expect anything explicit.

Prison is to rehabilitate people
Putting obviously mass murdering psycopaths in prison only to release them later is only a waste of life and money
Killing them would save precious cash and human lives as well as dealing with unexcusable human scum
I don't see any downsides

She has a different death in the manga.

>obviously evil character joins the party
>can't do anything about it until the surprise betrayal

Fuck off Trudeau

The idea isn't "killing villains = bad" so much as "killing people who no longer pose a threat to you = bad." Letting villains live when doing so pretty much guarantees that they're going to proceed to cause more harm is fucking stupid, sure. But if you can throw them in prison or otherwise make it so that they are guaranteed to be unable and/or unwilling to cause more harm while still keeping them alive, that's the point where "if you kill them you're just as bad as they are" becomes a valid argument.

Fucking Orson from fire emblem fuck him

>Take path that makes the most sense
>literally everyone turns on you the next moment, even though they were all talking about how great the power of friendship was a few seconds ago
>one of them even says she'll follow you no matter what path you take, but she still betrays you
>you kill them right then and there

Maybe that faggot Magus should of tried to explain to everyone about Lavos instead of trying to kill them all

He deserves to get killed by Frog

What did Beatrix do wrong anyway? she was mislead.

I'm glad he did.

She bullied some furfags. This is unacceptable on neo-Cred Forums.

Had a ton of plot armor. Some people hate unwinnable boss fights, and you are forced into three against her without any chance to ever win. I can see how that'd be annoying.

fucking nwn2
>ammon jerro kills shandra
>No matter how much you tell him to fuck off he's like IM GOOD GUYS NOW and you're forced to take him into your group
ree

Lead an army that destroyed 2 out of the 4 existing kingdoms.

To be fair, we've had things like that happen before

>character betrays the team
>I'm sorry ok?
>they forgive him and don't even give him any shit for that
>he betrays them again
>they still forgive him
>he betrays them yet again
>THEY STILL FORGIVE HIM

I feel like I know this game. What is it?

Every goddamned testament in Xenosaga.

No. She''s stated to be the best swordsman of the world, not the strongest person. And in the same game there's a scene where Steiner gets stronger than her thanks to the power of love, so rthe own game invalidates your point.

Kuja is in the realms of destroying the fucking world by himself if he goes at it, there's just no way Beatrix could handle him by herself.

The rack on her, though.

What are you talking about? Party member interaction is arguably the thing DA2 did most right.

They have full conversations that depend on which 2-3 people are in your party, what your relationship is with each of them, where you are in the story, where you are in their personal quests etc.

No doubt.

I wanted to fug Mila and Jude.

Remember when midgame Steiner and her are shown fighting through Alexandria as equals?

Once again, Cecil and Beatrix are completely different.

This is my favourite trope in anything. The bad guy joins the good guys (momentainly sometimes) to deal with even more dangerous threats.

they're good designs though man

why don't you quit getting tripped up by trivial shit all the time and just idk look deep into your soul for the real source of your anguish or something

>that moment when Bowser gets thrown out of his own castle and he joins your team to get it back

Yes yes, long chain of atonement with Cecil going to hell and back to make up for what he did, but the basic similarities are still set.

To be honest though, I need to play IX again sometime soon, because most of Beatrix's characterization is starting to get foggy in my mind.

This.

They really aren't. The scope of their tragedies is very different.

user, someone did manage to kill Hitler and coincidentally he was equally as bad as Hitler

>maybe Steiner was right

To be fair, there are CERTAIN types of conflicts where this kind of approach works. But they're all smaller scope ones, never the kind of thing where what's at stake is one of the parties being twenty seconds away from exploding the universe and all you have to do to stop him is shoot him and yet you wouldn't do it because "you don't want to get down to his level".

CORRIN YOU FUCKING RETARD

If there's ever a remake, the ugly furry needs to be set on fire and Beatrix needs to replace her as a main party member.

Armstrong was a hero

I'd pretty much prefer if beatrix occupied Amarant's or Quina's place. They added nothing to the game, had zero relevance to the plot whatsoever.

>destroyed 2 out of the 4
3. The kingdom that Cid lead fell to her and the giant mouth summon. It was occupied like the American occupied Iraq

Cecil doesnt know that he what he was doing or how he kill the at summoner's mother, or the bomb. He take it on himself to redeem himself

Beatrix didn't do any of that shit.

You can't do that in Rance though

She was already on your side when that happened

>the bad guy joins the good guys to save the world
>the bad guy granting the good guys time to win either by fighting impossible odds or just holding a door

Quina > Beatrix

Both in gameplay and storyline.

And I'd rather have Lani in Amarant's place.

No she wasnt at all

This. Quina is an example of good comic relief character and her arc is nice.

> Lani in Amarant's place.
Or just leave the thrower out of the party

You do know that noses are very slightly more red than the rest of the face right? More blood vessels and shit.

SAAAAAAAAAUCE

>he shoots a character right through the chest
>they're best buds in the sequel
>They probably fucked

>Cecil didn't know what he was doing when he led a battalion of troops into Mysidia and oversaw a slaughter of the local mage population in order to get to the crystal

Best girl, I married her every playthrough

Hot as she was, I wanted to gut Beatrix and leave her dead the second she tried to switch sides. Hated her back then and the game never lets you beat her.

if we kill our enemy we lose

>villain is a horrible person
>but they had a shitty past so you're supposed to feel bad for them

>oh boy, a Beatrix thread
> Cred Forums is discussing her trope instead of posting pics

Why does this always happens whenever I get exited about a waifu thread

Beatrix isn't waifu material. Beatrix is for angrily fucking her mouth and tits, creaming all over her face until she can barely breath of semen and exhaustion and then leaving her there, alone and cold lying on the floor, thinking about her sins and how much of a slut she is.

>Play the game thinking that you are the good guy.
>Plot reveals that you are the bad guy.

Humiliating Glenn was too far too. At least it backfired and made him into the badass Frog.

What I do like about Magus is how his incompatibility is referenced by his almost nonexistant team techs.

trips is truth

beatrix is a shit girl and should be treated as such

witnessed
She's qt and all, but by no means deserves praise anywhere else.

>there's a scene where Steiner gets stronger than her thanks to the power of love
Not him but I don't remember this, though I don't remember a lot of the game details. I remember them fighting together but that's about it.

>Putting Pikachu in pokeball
Worse than Hitler.

>you never get to fight the main villain

Anyone have that comic page where either Banner or Beast explains to Cyclops that the humanity was right about mutants and that Charles basically brain washed the students into following his ideals?

They were walking in the jungle I recall.

During that fight the enemies are overwhelming them and they both say their farewells to each other waiting for the incoming death, but then Steiner enters trance mode throught the power of love to Beatrix and saves both of their asses.

Rip minibosses

But it was a mission of peace to deliver a gift from the King.

Yeah, not so sure, it was sort of free DLC, but no other character acknowledged them nor had any support interactions other than MC.

>You never get to fight the Main villain after three games and 15 years.

>You never will.

What's her name Cred Forums?

Don't think it goes further than this really, can't remember if there was a scripted Trance mode or not, Beatrix was kinda one shotting everything anyway.

There is that other scene where he rushes to help Beatrix&Freya on the fight at the stairs.

It hurts so much

youtube.com/watch?v=vSE1j2pyRCE

That's the complete scene. It's different to how I remembered it but at tha point in the game they're basically fighting as equals.

Survivors: One too many

You thought Golden Sun was a good game. You deserve to hurt.

As an Alexandrian soldier Beatrix's first and foremost duty is to her own side.

If she didn't lead the raids on Burmecia someone less competent than she would have and that could have resulted in her own soldiers dying. As for the actual nuking she has no part in that as it was all Brahne and Kuja.

That's how war is. It's not about right and wrong always and crying hur dur kill the bitch is just naive

Hah hah. GS fags are cute.

Not him but this is after Beatrix beat up Steiner in that force lose match for the 3rd time.

Yeah, that's hardly him saving her. If anything he was the one who was getting his ass kicked while she was perfectly fine the whole way through. Seems like he had to trance just to keep up.

I can't help but wonder if you'd still feel that way if she were a man. I'm not that worked up about it overall, but she did kind of get off easy. Doesn't help that the player is never given any catharsis over losing to her 3 times. I was kind of annoyed at that too. Honestly I'm inclined to agree that the writers really liked her, since her last fight felt like one she should have lost but was changed at the last minute.

>I can't help but wonder if you'd still feel that way if she were a man

Uh hello. This kind of shit happens all the time with dude characters.

Not him but he went to a route of redemption and ask for forgiveness while mending all the thing he wrong to right

Cecil was the player character and went through a much longer arc. Don't compare them because they are only similar on the surface. Beatrix didn't really get an arc by comparison.

she's a rare waifu, im just glad this thread has more than 2 pics in it that i've never seen

>you will never beat Beatrix in combat and watch her cry about how she could ever lose

Rare because she is utter garbage.

And Beatrix was ready to make a final last stand and die so Zidanne could rescue Garnett. Her surviving was only thanks to timely intervention by an outside party.

Yes she did. She was conflicted about the Queen and her duty vs own morality since the word go and the Burmecia incident weighed on her heavily. We just don't get to see to many instances of her bemoaning her life choices because she's a secondary character.

Bemoaning that she regrets what she's doing while she still does it isn't the same thing. Cecil actively works to redeem himself over the course of the game. Beatrix never really does this. You could say it is because she was a secondary character but then you shouldn't be trying to compare them in that case.

And so was everyone else. That isn't really fucking much for Beatrix because they could simply have any other soldiers from that kingdom to do the same time. It just so happen she the leader of that army. If the fat queen bitch isnt dead, it would most likely be her instead.

Cecil didn't have her rank or responsibilities. He had to actually get fired before he could start his quest of redemption.

Beatrix has people under her she's responsible for. She can't put her own morality ahead of the lives of her troops. That's how war is. It makes people do shit they don't want.

>people always hold the commander accountable and never the soldiers

Hitler himself never killed anyone
he commanded people to go out and kill in his name and his cause.

The soldiers should be held accountable for terrorize and murdering for a cold hard paycheck but they never are because retarded culture and religion waves it.

Part of why he got fired is because he was fed up with the King's shit, which is why he was sent off on a suicide mission.

Saying "She has people she's responsible for" is a pretty poor excuse for committing and aiding in mass murder.

But this is less about that and more about the fact that Cecil spends a great deal of time trying to seek redemption and make up for what he's done. This doesn't really happen with Beatrix, again partially because she's a secondary character. She just kind of decides to side with Garnet and that's about it.

And to point out the obvious, Cecil also isn't an unwinnable encounter three times for no reason.

And guess what, when Cecil was fed up with the King he waited till after the mission was over. Before that though it was stab stab stab.

He didn't SPARE a single person the king told him to kill. Not one.

>This doesn't really happen with Beatrix, again partially because she's a secondary character.

We get multiple scenes of her questioning herself. A very prominent one on her airship. You not paying attention doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

>And to point out the obvious, Cecil also isn't an unwinnable encounter three times for no reason.

Cry more

>removing quina
But if you do that you'll remove the best ship

I don't think he even kills anyone himself at Mysidia. That's what leads him to go to the king and start demanding to know why that happened, which leads to him getting sent to deliver the bombs.

>We get multiple scenes of her questioning herself. A very prominent one on her airship. You not paying attention doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
And she actively engages in what she does. Cecil doesn't at least. And again, he goes to a lot of effort to redeem himself, while she doesn't.

Also it's starting to sound like she's your waifu. Forcing you to lose the final time was a poor narrative choice because the entire fight was pointless since she just turned after that anyway.

Another user chiming in here.
But i don't think questioning self morals really constitutes as 'seeking' redemption.
I mean yeah people have their own forms of atonement but some forms aren't good enough to warrant forgiveness.

this happens in final fantasy revenant wings where you put a shock collar on some lizard assassin.

he betrays the party almost immediately as soon as he gets the chance

>Mfw Alexandria has an all female army

>Wingman leaves you to come back and fight against you in a super powered aircraft with lasers and fuck huge burst missiles

Fuck you Pixy you supreme edgelord

She does also try to leave Alexandria and her sword behind at the end credits, but Steiner stops her from leaving.

But yeah she does also have lines like.
Before the first fight
>I once killed a hundred knights single-handedly... To me, you two are nothing more than insects
Just before finishing off the party a second time
>No more games.
After finishing the party for the third time
>Your pathetic powers are useless against me.

Not to mention you can obtain her sword in the game, but can only use it as a throwing weapon on Amarant. I think they knew what they were doing with this cannot have as a party member gal.

There's still the Knights of Pluto, though they're treated more as laughing stock than anything else.

Even as inept as they were depicted, they still had thier skills as soldiers and when given appropriate orders they could perform admirably.

They absolutely knew what they were doing. I dunno if I'd go so far as to call her a mary sue but I can see how one could argue that she was favored by the writers.

All of em.

I'm a glutton for suffering

>I don't think he even kills anyone himself at Mysidia

No he just makes his men do it. That doesn't absolve him. He's commanding officer. Beatrix at least has the decency to take the dirty work on her own soldiers.

>And she actively engages in what she does. Cecil doesn't at least.

That's not better. Fuck Id argue it's worse when you make others shoulder your burden. It's his responsibility.

>Also it's starting to sound like she's your waifu.

and it's starting to sound like you're just a pussy.

What part of HAS RESPONSIBILITY are you not getting? She doesn't have the freedom to go on a quest for redemption because she's the fucking general. Not captain of one unit, not random battalion chief. She's in charge of this whole shebang and if she goes that will fuck up her entire country and her own soldiers will get fucked.

You're looking at this like there's a sense of moral absolutism in war and there isn't in regards to the soldiers fighting. Her duty is to them and if it means selling her soul to the devil or destroying her own conscious then so be it.

Her sense of self respect is not worth the lives of her men.

Happens in Shinmai. The Hero convinces the main girl not to kill the guy who killed her parents because she's just a normal girl and he knows the weight of cold blooded murder would burden her forever.

He then tracks down and kills the guy himself as soon as noone is looking

>Her sense of self respect is not worth the lives of her men.
Well said Captain.

We get it. This one character who we see actively redeem himself in game is an asshole because of things you insinuate outside the game's context, and this one other character who actively never redeems herself in game is a pure maiden because of things you insinuate outside the game's context.

I think put it better than I can. You sound like you're willing to use different sets of standards here.

>is a pure maiden

Oh fuck off you illiterate twat. You know damn well that's not what I said. You're the one going off on how it's the soldiers who are worse than Hitler and that's bullshit.

Ditto for you

Draenor is free!

She was.

Atomos happened after Zidane and the gang escaped from Alexandria. Him, Sarah and Vivi got split up towards Pinnacle Rocks while Beatrix, Steiner, Freya and the faggot duo escaped to Treno.

>one character spends much of the game seeking redemption in any way he can, acknowledging what he did was wrong.
>the other doesn't
It's really that simple.

>B-B-BUT HER SELF RESPECT ISN'T WORTH THE LIVES OF HER MEN
But it is worth the lives of innocent people apparently.

Was I the only one who played this game fully? Thanks to Lucas, Jowy felt like he was forced to make himself king to keep the Beast Rune at bay and fixed the kingdom from the inside. Jowy even told the MC to stop fighting a pointless war multiple times.

>Inept knight leader

YOU TAKE THAT BACK, SCOUNDREL.

When the elites join you in halo, brutes kinda suck to fight though.

lol no. If you have rosacea or some shit then your nose might be red, or if your nose gets irritated it can turn red. Please go outside sometime.

This guy in a more mundane way. You're at war with his country when you beat him down, and he's thrown in prison for being a failure. He sits out the entire war, and when you eventually make peace with his king, he's freed and ordered to join you. He hates it.

All is forgiven if she's hot

Then post one that is.

I don't have any pictures of your mom right now unfortunately

Golbez mind control who was mind controlled by Zeromus X

Wait is that a legit quote? I'm not being memed here, right?

Albel is the best edgelord in vidya. He's so corny it's awesome.

>You convince the Big Bad to marry you and have your children
>You live together happily
More games need to do this.

What game even does this to begin with? Rarely do games even let you hook up with a former antagonist, much less the main villain.

I think one of the princess maker games or something like it has it.

It's been mentioned earlier but Stella Glow does it. This cutie turns folks to crystal or something and in her ending you lovingly impregnate her.

>Protag loses his shit when one character close to him dies despite indiscriminately killing thousands over the course of the game.

I honestly played as him in combat all the time. I was a little fucking edgelord and was blown away. Fun as fuck.

LOL

>No one had the heart to tell Ben his brother died like a total chump
Was Clay the only Carmine who didn't died?

Luminous Arc, to which Stella Glow is a spiritual successor, also let you do this in two of them I believe. None of them are really the main villains though.

Now if only we could get games that would let you do such things without pushing a boring generic girl on you.

>protag accidentally kills a guy after said guy tries to kill him after being spared
>spends the next two hours crying about it
>others give him shit about it despite whatever other good deeds he's done

Is that CWC?

Spats queen is better

Is Stella Glow any good? I wanted to play it when it came out but didn't have a 3DS. now I have a completely legal 3DS and I'm scouting out games.

>Final Fantasy Tactics
>Gaffgarion switches sides at the beginning of a battle
>keeps all his equipment that is higher tier than what you can get at that point
>reload
>strip him and change his job to Priest

eshop has a demo for it.

It's pretty okay. I haven't beaten it because I've gotten distracted by other games but if you can get it for cheap then go for it.

>Proto-Lightning
Absolutely fucking retarded

I think you need a different example friendo

Thank god someone remembers

Hated the Awakening DLC characters.

JK no one's dead anymore because reasons and they all readily join you

Killing Magus wouldn't bring Cyrus back.

The real question is why Magus doesn't undo his fucking curse at the end of the game if you leave him alive.

>main character is a genocidal maniac
>pretty much kills things for absolutely petty reasons
.she's the good guy and we're supposed to root for her
>the villians never try to kill her dispite having GRE tier abilities because she's super special and the world would be fucked without her
guess the game

KotoR 1

Starcraft?

Still one of the best moments in gaming.

After watching that disaster of a leader meeting can't blame the guy for trying to bring peace and unity through a strong centralized rule

>Character you really like dies an inescapable plot death
>use save editor to revive the character anyway
guess which game

Aeris

Perhaps our world would become a better place if everyone were so forgiving.

it's japanese

FFXIII?

So assassinating the most sensible leader out of all them was his choice. Good fucking going Jowy.

nope

>"evil" character just wants to make love to the dense protagonist

there are 15 games in the series, but the character I was talking about is in all of them

mario?
i don't even know how many mario games there is

you could say a lot of his compulsions are due to the Black Sword Rune literally fucking his destiny because it forces its wielder to fight against whoever has the Bright Shield Rune

Annabelle's levelheadedness would've worked directly against the conflict that was stirring, so Jowy had to kill her

I dunno lol

>she

other day there was a thread saying that he is 25 years old
i'm not even trying to understand shit anymore

>Link could have literally fucked Ganondorf's influence out of her
>becomes freed of it anyway
>he still doesn't fuck her
What a faggot.

>villain commits atrocities with unclear motivation
>finally confront them
>"I was working for the greater good the whole time, by stopping me you've doomed the world!"

WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T YOU EXPLAIN IT EARLIER THEN YOU FUCKHEAD

IT'S JUST A TEST BRO! RELAX!

What game? I have a feeling it's Xenoblade Chronicles if so I disagree with you.

Stella Glow. Acting like a bunch of crazed murderous edgelords really helped them seem like good people.

There are quite a few examples of this.

Yes extremely subtle not "Tumblr coke addict with rosacea fucking red"

Anders was just a fucking whiny bitch in DA2 in DAO:A he was a cool guy because he was. basically just mage Alistair

Yeah fuck everything about WoD, including the clearly-cut patch with that one whole new continent that would presumably have also included the part of the story where you killed that fucker instead of "NEVERMIND ALL THAT TIME TO TEAM UP AND KILL ARCHIMONDE"

Mis negros. We will never forget.

But S3 was absolute garbage. The whole show was absolute garbage.

The best part of Korra was the episodes showing off the first avatar. Ironically Korra gets her ass handed to her as per usual and as a result the first avatar literally doesn't matter after that point.

So life only counts if it's a human?

Like, fuck, even Megaman considered killing off Wily in 7 before the three laws stopped him. Sparing villains doesn't always work and not every game is Undertale.

youtube.com/watch?v=ouA-U4x17KY

if he doesn't want Cia I'll take her

Didn't help that they kind of overplayed their hand in S2 by having the main villain essentially be the Avatar equivalent of Satan. After going through that, having the next antagonists be an airbender who learns a trick and some earthbender with a robot seems like a pretty big step down.

>anders was a faggot
are you forgetting that justice was sharing his body and started becoming a more extreme justice persona. they couldn't share the same body and anders was losing but his hatred for the templars fueled justice's concepts of justice so anders/justice killed everyone who hurt mages

>character has inescapable plot death in game
>game gets a remake
>secret route added that can revive the character

My thoughts exactly. The writers have no sense of value at stake progression.

A game that pulled it off nicely was FFIX. At first you're just wandering around comfy villages. Then you start getting involved in local wars. Then it extends to other continents. Then you're fighting for the planet, then two planets, then all of existence.

Amon was dumb because he was stupidly OP. Bloodbending 24/7? What the fuck were they thinking.

For TLoK not to be complete shit all they had to was make Korra competent, not at everything, but just in combat. Instead she was just a jobber, only amplified after S2 once the avatar state become useless.

Amon could have been a fantastic antagonist, but they ended up squandering it in the worst way possible. Probably the most disappointing thing about TLoK since he had so much potential.

zuko was never responsible for anything that irredeemable. Even when he was the main antagonist it was usually secondary antagonists who did the really bad shit.

I know, I posted that because he's adorable.

>The writers have no sense of value at stake progression.
It can be done if you plan and know how to write. Such a line of thought is used in the Transformer comics: The war for Cybertron is over—now the hard part begins. Same idea can work for how they had the seasons play out.

>The best part of Korra was the episodes showing off the first avatar.
Ruining the mysticism and answering questions no one wanted answered thereby only raising more questions and not answering them is not "the best part." It was terrible, all of it. Except the porn but so much porn is out there and available that it isn't that good of a mark for it.

>he had so much potential.
>Removes bending by energybending
>People still follow him despite hating bending.
That's not potential, that's hypocrisy.

The episodes themselves were great. I don't know what questions you would have from Wan's episode alone.

You say that like hypocrisy can't be well-used as a trait for a villain.

>Xavier almost destroyed the human race once.

You talking about the Onslaught thing? I haven't read comics on a regular basis in like 20 years.

>character gets inescapable plot death
>game gets DLC where character is revived and recruited but only if you beat a bunch of enemies and a boss

In the sea of shit that was Symphonia, Zelos was the least shit party member.

Then why did you post a woman?