Call me casual but I gave up on Dark Souls 2 now

Call me casual but I gave up on Dark Souls 2 now.
It simply not fun. Clunky animation, unresponsive combat. The world also boring, I killed the last giant and I just don't feel motivated enough to continue playing.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5yowioThaXE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's shit, skip it.

why are you blogging on here? this isn't twitter or your facebook timeline

you sound like a pussy

It's a good game, but there are a lot of things wrong with it. The other Souls games are much, much better.

Is three worth it?

But I can't just r1 spam so it's too hard, dropped

Yes. It didn't draw me in as much as Demons Souls or Dark Souls 1, but it's much better than 2.

no, you must play this shitty game I command you

>I killed the last giant
Thanks for your worthless opinion on a game that you've experienced 2% of.

I had more fun fighting Asylum Demon than The Last Giant.

Well, it's still retarded reasoning. I mean, sure you can drop it now, but why not at least try defeating a few more bosses?

No one cares if you don't play DaS2 faggot.

who the fuck has fun fighting the asylum demon, or expects to enjoy the last giant for that matter?

they're both boring introductory bosses

you're nowhere near having the right to complain about das2

Try the next boss its like 2min away from last giant i think pursuer is a fun fight

My main gripe is the animation. It's slow and unresponsive. Will it get better?

Fight the Pursuer.

I don't blame you.

It's not like people are giving it up because it would be too difficult.
It's just too boring.

This. Pursuer is quite good

Unless you were planning on PVP a lot, just skip it. That's basically all it's good for.
>dodge once whenever he does his close range attack, and keep walking right of him at all other times the fight
>fun
Maybe if you're a little babby.
>dude i got a sweet idea for SotFS
>let's put the pursuer FUCKING EVERYWHERE

Do you have base game DS2 or Scholar of the First Sin? To me, DS2 is only worth playing if you have the dlc.

>dropping the best game in the series because you aren't good enough
Absolutely pathetic.

You'll fit in nicely here.

>I only kill the first boss
Wow, you literally just played a demo size version of the game and you're already giving up on it? Did you quit playing Dark Soul 1 after the Undead Borrow was borrowing too?

It's better than the Taurus/ Capra demon

youtube.com/watch?v=5yowioThaXE
Dark Souls II is comfy

Congratulations on beating one area. Whatever you do though, don't play bloodbourne or DS3. Those games are the same environment over and over again.

But Undead Burg was fun as fuck to go through.

Dark Souls II is somehow the most overrated game in the series despite clearly being the worst.

Cred Forums Pass user since October 2016.

Don't lie to yourself user, it's a really dangerous path to walk down in life.

Yeah, right.
>das1
>we're low on time/money for this one level lets copy paste enemies i guess
>das2
>we're completely creatively bankrupt, and are slaves to internet "hard game" memes so let's put this one guy everywhere for no reason

Nah, Undead Burg was a great area. Kill yourself.

lol what?

You did good. It doesn't get better. Better to realize it now than in 20 yours

>defending Taurus/Capra Demon

DaS2 would be a million times better if its bosses weren't so shitty and unmemorable

in DaS1, O&S singlehandedly saved Anor Londo from being boring for me

If that's what you want to call it.

>Unmemorable bosses
I don't know man. Sure, a lot of them were dude in armor, but Dark Soul III had a lot of dudes in armor bosses as well. Dark Souls 2 had that Horse boss who was fun to kill. And that final dragon boss, Frog Witch boss, two header spider boss, and even the looking glass knight was fun.

>Sure, a lot of them were dude in armor, but Dark Soul III had a lot of dudes in armor bosses as well.
I disagree. It's less about their general design, and more about their moveset. All the big guy bosses in DaS2 had the same moveset, give or take 1/2 moves. On the other hand, DaS3 big guy bosses had unique movesets or carried themselves in a unique way. I would say Nameless King stage 2 was probably the most DaS2 in his moveset.

That's exactly what I was trying to avoid user. The road you chose has only lead to your obsession with suicide, and one day it will eventually lead to your own unless you change your self destructive ways.

How do I make combat not feeling like it was underwater?

>The world is boring
that's kind of right if you are comparing it to DaS. The story only kicks in after like 2/3 of the game and lot of the early areas are not really exciting looking.

>clunky animations
What the hell is clunky about them for you? The swings look pretty realistic as far as video game animations go and their timings/hitboxes are pretty clear.

>unresponsive combat
you don't know what that means right? Something like Skyrim has unresponsive combat. Souls games have FUCKING responsive combat, even DaS2

If you are already lacking motivation I would suggest to play through the game with a guide. There are just too much easy to miss stuff in this game that could make your playthrough a lot more interesting.

>It simply not fun. Clunky animation, unresponsive combat. The world also boring, I killed the last giant and I just don't feel motivated enough to continue playing.

move on to better games. Like Dark Souls 3, Dark Souls 1, Demon's Sous, or Lords of the Fallen

The combat animation feel slow and delay compared to DS1.

For me, that same feeling never faded away, but in your case it may be just that it's new and different from the rest. Who knows?
I would recommend you keep playing for a couple more areas to see if it catches on.

>No one cares if you don't play DaS2 faggot.

except for the diehard fanboys who desperately think it's a good game.

Case in point , they think because that Dark Souls 3 wasn't great means that Dark Souls 2 is a masterpiece

I'm going to make another attempt myself someday, but right now I'm too busy playing other games.

I am hearing folks here say that 3 is better, and that's cool, but I'm an autist and have to finish them in order.

Cheers.

then use curved sword/dagger/strait sword/power stance or whatever?

the combat overall is still a bit faster than DaS's tho, and weapons that only had 1 light/heavy moves now have 2 for faster followups.

Alright I will give it another try.

Where do I go now after the last giant? I've already got afire longsword and ring of binding.

Hourly reminder that Lords of the Fallen is better than all of the Soulsborne games combined. Nioh will also be better.

Enjoy your shit weapon and armour design, Soulsfags.

Probably because I use mouse. There's seem a be a delay when I click left and right button.

Lots of dark souls threads today, wonder why? What

What the fuck is this?

wtf, i hate dark souls now

You mean lets put him everywhere in two areas early on and then never again for the rest of the game

Undead Burg was one of the best designed areas in 1.

If you think DS2's world is boring you'll REALLY fucking hate 3's.

DaS2 was the weakest game in the series.

Still light years better than Cancer of Duty though.

magic

>using MK+B to play souls
don't. Buy a gamepad, it isn't expensive and will be great for any from-console-to-pc games.

guard break and plunging attack were also pretty fucked up on mk+b and I don't think they fixed that

Seems about right

>m+kb
fuck

People exclusively praised DaS1's Undead Burg.

Can't blame them for making a game of nothing else, especially since DaS2 had no Undead Burgs and it was relatively poorly received.

>mk+b
Don't you mean kb+m?

I'm guessing this is the new "pwnz."

>not playing Dark Souls with KB+M
Found the casul

>wtf why does a hollow hunter follow my hollow character

Disgusting. You should email Hiroshimoot about this, because you will come to be seen on the same level as tripfags, even if it wasn't your intention.
It's kind of baffling, really, because no one who understands the site at all will want to buy the damn thing now.

What? Kb+m means keyboard and mouse

Change it to a straight line and it's perfect

>It's kind of baffling, really, because no one who understands the site at all will want to buy the damn thing now.
Have you been on qa?
He's running outta money.

Actually the "game made of Undead Burgs" gets an A+ from me for level design. Undead Burg's creative use of shortcuts made it easy to zip around levels that would otherwise be incredibly tedious, and DaS3 gets away with having just one or two bonfires in most areas by doing this.

Of course, then there's the weird "two bonfires in a row" problem some places have... making every boss turn into a bonfire upon beating them is a great idea, but you really could have skipped the starting bonfires of Irithyll Valley and The Grand Archives.

I mean, I'm fine with the level design. The thematicness is just all over the place but it's less important than how the levels play.

Just drop it, it's shit.
There's like 2-3 okay boss fights in the entire game and that counting DLCs. The rest are the same boring, slow garbage with low-quality animations and predictable attacks. And FotFG is the best location in the whole base game, if you didn't like it, you will hate the rest.

And mk+b means the same thing, but "l33t."

> Mortal Kombat + Beeyotch
> FINISH HIM

Very good. You have freed yourself from shit.

What the fuck are you going on about

Ah, fuck.
moot had a problem with donations, but that was moot: why can't he just ask the community for money?

From's design team is on a cathedral kick, I guess. They're pretty sweet, and I love all the weird lore statues (especially WTFrampt), but they should have added some kind of single-floor Blighttown, for some variety. Another Darkroot Garden and Frigid Outskirts woild have been pretty sweet, just to break the monotony.

> never thought I'd actually start to miss Blighttown of all places

Probably because fucks like me wouldn't have given it to him if there wasn't an incentive.

The post timer is pure bullshit though. The visual indicator is just kinda trolly, but the way I can post faster is pure evil.

>literally played a demo sized portion and gave up

To be fair, that kinda makes sense. Play a demo and not into it? Not likely to get the full game to playthrough after.

The pursuers are DaSII's Black knights. There was more than one in the original release as well, they just spawned in odd places so most people missed them.

Where to go next after the last giant?

heides tower of flame. go back to majula and there will be a chapel thing thaat will lead down to an underground area

>not fun
>clunky
>unresponsive
>boring

all buzzwords

all apply

>Probably because I use mouse. There's seem a be a delay when I click left and right button.
Go in the options and do "Disable Double Click" On and Off. It should fix the problem. Or if it doesn't, put it back on.

>Two-headed demon horse-drawn chariot
>Giant Knight of Mirrors (Don Quixote reference) who can summon other players to fight you
>Giant frog-wearing demon that sings
>Literally the Terminator
>Just a fucking shitton of rats
Name five bosses from the entire rest of the series that compare
And I didn't even need to use the DLC which has even more God-tier bosses you insipid, menstrual blood-drinking fuckstain

>God-tier bosses
>Just a fucking shitton of rats

Come on, man, I like SotFS (kinda lukewarm about the original DaS2), but the rat bosses are undefendable despite the ideas behind their encounters.

Is this a joke post?

You're parroting a whole lot of shit from Matthewmatosis there fampai.
What's the matter? Can't form your own opinion?

>the DLC which has even more God-tier bosses
>Elena
>Smelter demon IN BLUE
>Alva x2 in a snowstorm

Elana's not bad. They could have used a different model for Velstadt though. The duo component of the fight works better than O&S for me because one is a caster and the other is a warrior and you only need to focus the caster. Their attacks are slow enough that you can roll through one and the other no problem. They're also both big enough to not attack through each other and the warrior doesn't have a fucked up charge animation.

You have to go into the settings and disable double clicking, It's somewhere in the controls. Problem is, you have to do this every time you start up the game. Once you restart the game, the setting will reset to having double clicking without telling you or even changing the option so despite it saying "double click disabled" you'll have to turn it on and off for it to work properly. This game was a shit-tier console port

Y'know souls threads are seriously bad enough without you posting the same 3-4 webms all the time
So you would you please refrain from posting them more than thrice a week from now on?

>DS2
>trying to fight those faggot ass giants that hit you even when you are behind them

>ignored all the good ones
k

I've found out it's not a hitbox issue, but an animation issue. When you play at 60 fps, there's like 1 or 2 frames where their mace just clips through them and goes behind their body when they do their jump attacks.

Sinh and Alva were okay. Grave Robbers were memey. Fume Knight was nice and challenging. Ivory King and Sir Alonne were pretty great. So overall it's pretty mixed

How do I kill ancient dragon? Hes kind of bullshit.

Go in front of his face, bait his fire breath, stab his front foot, when he's done, go on the side of his head, bait his large fire breath, run away then go in front of his face, bait his fire breath, stab his front foot, repeat ad nauseum.

That's it, no more DS2 for me.

I'm going back to DS1 It's more fun and fair than this.

>more fair
Kek

Ive found that most of the bosses and even basic enemies in DS2 are just massive damage sponges.

>we cant actually make enemies difficult to fight, lets just make them do lots of damage and give them a fuckload of health instead

It is.

Ancient Dragon, Pursuer, Vendrick and Fume Knight are the only bosses that are damage sponges

>enemy despawn so you can't farm souls
>lol so hard

Persuer is my favourite DS2 boss.

Felt the same and stopped shortly after killing that first sinner thingie. Was it me being shit or was the game pretty much linear? I kept getting into dead ends

>Visit /qa/ for the first time
ohgod
What the fuck is even happening on that board?
They want to delete SLOW boards?

who is this semen demon souls?

Its because you expect it to be Devil May Cry or God of War, you stupid twat!

i'll finish it but..from the little i played seems i wont even 100% achievements or replay it
on other notes
>finished lord of the fallen today
it was shit

do you agree Cred Forums ?

Honestly I like it. even though I'm kinda lost, I've found only one of the 4 boss souls you need to do whatever the game wants you to, but I like going through the game.

Sometimes I feel frustrated at some spots, like the lava castle and its archers, but I like other parts a lot, like the invisible enemies at the fog woods.

Kind of.

>we cant actually make enemies difficult to fight, lets just make them do lots of damage

Literally Fume knight

yeah im with you although I had the same reaction for demons souls like I did with bloodborne and ds3

i didn't liked DaS that much , like..2 points less of fun than DeS ,no opinion on DeS3 since 2 is so shitty i haven't even finished

>Liking DS3
Absolutely not. Worse souls game to date.

trade the bloodborne guy with the dark souls guy and I agree, sorta.

>The world also boring, I killed the last giant and I just don't feel motivated enough to continue playing.
It almost didn't seem like bait until I read this
FoFG is one of the best starting areas in the whole series, if you didn't like that you should see how shit the game gets after Bastille

I guess it's just not for me.

probably not
I mean I don't fully blame you, the game really isn't worth a playthrough that much, but I think this the first time I've seen someone actively complain about FoFG
it's such a well designed area

Enemies in DS2 seem much less aggressive and not as prone to the turntable shenanigans when you don't lock on.

Is this actually true or is it just me?

you played the game for less than an hour and gave up?

stick to angry birds.

Elana was alright. I think it would've been a much better boss if it only summoned the skeletons. Cool ranch smelter demon and twin kitties were co-op bosses though.

Not the same person but, remember he might be playing a different version than you played. Scholar of the first sins goes absolutely ham with copy pasting MORE MORE MORE enemies into the forest of the giant area.

I played like 500 hours of darksouls 1 and 1000 darksouls 2, and like, 2minutes playing scholar of the first sin.

>>dude i got a sweet idea for SotFS
>>let's put the pursuer FUCKING EVERYWHERE
that was the original point of the pursuer

that's why hes fucking called the fucking pursuer you mongoloid

>It simply not fun. Clunky animation, unresponsive combat. The world also boring
Welcome to Souls.

He's still right though. The gameplay and hitboxes are a mess in this game.

Congratulations OP, you have good taste

>hitboxes

every time

Now you're just being a faggot. Fume Knight only fucked you over if you're an ADHD kiddie

The original purpose of the pursuers is that they were supposed to be a mid/mid-late game optional boss that showed up in many different areas till you stopped running and defeated him.

In beta testing however, everyone goes to fotg first, then instantly goes to fight him, and hes actually not that hard in his boss arena.

(hes not hard at all in any arena, but hes intimidating especially when he shows up at random.)

Anyway, since everyone just kills him it kind of ruined the entire concept and so they made other versions of him spawn in some areas, but by the time you reach those areas you've out-scaled him pretty substantially and hes kinda a joke, so they decided to stop doing the fight and try and work in other challenges that might actually challenge a player.

When sotfs came around they just copy pasted whatever wherever though, so he got reused like 10 times.

Stop talking out of your ass, theres no shame in simply not knowing something and not having an opinion about it.

The same could be said of all Souls games, and yet Cred Forums loves them. Explain this.

you ain't done shit,git gud

>thinking the opinions of passcucks matter

Yeah, I played SoTFS version.