youtube.com/watch?v=G1TnnfpfrjY
youtube.com/watch?v=YASj8IuQ_Yw
youtube.com/watch?v=b6ycnnA2R6s
youtube.com/watch?v=-rkTpRbfjqg
exhentai.org/g/732835/dcf01777b0/
blairwitch.com/project/mythology.html
theisozone.com/downloads/pc/windows-games/blair-witch-volume-i-rustin-parr/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They supposedly got progressively worse.

No they are not good

It's the same picture of the trees.

Gotta save money somehow. They're probably the same trees from the RE4 box art

Naw, the re4 trees aren't oak.

The first game is secretly a spin-off of Terminal Reality's Nocturne, if you liked that game you'll probably like it. Can't speak for the others.

wow there were 3 of these? never seen them

I'm interested in playing these. I had no clue Blair Witch games existed.

First film is fucking legendary. Only movie to legit give me a nightmare or two.

All because they described the witch and let my imagination fill in the blanks.

the only thing i remember was rustin parr coming out and it needing a beast PC despite looking like shit.

There's 3 of them? pretty sure they're all shit, and i'm a big blair witch fan.

They actually show the "witch" in the recent one.

Apparently the lore states that the Witch is actually an ancient Native American legendary spirit of evil and malevolence.

mein neger, psychological horror all the way

>walk south all day, end up in same place
>rocks getting hit together in the night, wake up to piles of rocks outside of tent

new movie has some pretty creepy shit too

>sun goes down, doesnt come up again for 5 days
>that ghoul thing, not the witch but everyone though it was (i shit my pants when she sees it behind her in the viewfinder thingy)
>snaps the voodoo doll, girl snaps in half

I watched my cousin play the third one and it had a great atmosphere to it. Those naked, white, dense forests during the winter.

I watched some gameplay of the first one and there's a part where you walk in Rustin Parr's house and see Heather and Mike in the basement.

bullshit, please tell me this isn't true.
Why fucking show her?

director or someone equally relevant said that wasn't the witch unfortunately.

i would have been satisfied if it was, but if they only showed it in that one scene in the last 30 seconds of the movie.

If it makes you feel any better you don't really get a clear direct look at her until the very end.

To be fair, they never say it's the Witch, it's just this horrific naked slender thing. I don't believe it was Elle herself

I don't understand how you can like that new film while loving the first one. It's horror cliche after cliche and an insult to a normal person's intelligence.

The more I read about the first Blair Witch film the more I love it.

>the way they filmed it with the actors mostly improvising and guiding them via a GPS tracker to the latest point where they get parts of the script to act out
>that scene when they get spooked in the tent
>the producers were playing creepy children sounds on a boombox in the distance
>one of the directors was dressed in a weird white costume and when Heather says "what the fuck is that" while running away it's actually her seeing him in that costume

I also love the backstory, because despite having paranormal hints, it can all be explained rationally (crazy serial killer).

Found it:
youtu.be/bI-_1v_m9ro?t=4m20s

you sound like me

trust me, i'm not a fan of the new one apart from the very end

love the first one to death, end of the new one still got me though, until i heard the water hag thing wasnt the witch.

Doesn't help at all. Trying to find an image on google, regardless.

Essentially, the new film is pretty much remake of the first film. They've got all this wonderful technology in their possession, yet the drone only gets used twice before it gets shot down by EMP. The bluetooth ear camera only gets utilized so we see the black guy die out.

Rustin Parr was my first horror game as a kid and it scared the shit out of me. In retrospect, it probably wasn't that good.

L O L
O
L

want to expand on this post a bit

when that guy was dressed up in the white costume, it's a shame they couldn't catch that in time. Heather certainly saw it though.

Also when Josh was screaming at the end, Mike (you probably have seen this panel already) said it was obvious as fuck that it was on a boombox, but on the movie it sounds real and he has no idea why. That's kinda creepy in itself lol.

This wasn't said in the movie at all.

This was from the 90s with the Book of Shadows coming out.

I've already said, multiple times, that's it's not the witch (stated by a director or someone equivalent).

i had screenshots saved but deleted them, it's on youtube now anyway.

found a vid of one of the scenes you see 'the witch'

it's not the witch

youtube.com/watch?v=G1TnnfpfrjY

no need to get upset, friend

It may as well be the Witch because the lore is not gonna get expanded upon, but the director did say it wasn't the witch.

notice how it says Todd McFarlane
no, you didnt

i'm not upset but i stated it's not the witch and you keep posting about hurr durr i'm pissed that they showed the witch durr, read the thread friend.

I couldn't even finish watching it when it came out. Granted I was like 5 but still.
Watched recently with my gf and it was pretty good.

Not that guy but you ARE being an asshole.

>the video they watch at the beginning on YouTube that the creepy guy supposedly found is actually the video they film at the end

pretty cool time loop touch tbqh famalamas

I did like a few of the new ideas, like the fact that the Curse only happens when you're in the woods at night. I like that it seems like doing that takes you to somewhere else where forces can manipulate the environment and have "things" appear. I like that being in that "place" makes time distorted and it can appear as years to one person and minutes to another. I like that with the Witch deconfirmation it seems like it's more of the woods being cursed themselves rather than an actual witch haunting it.

I made 2 posts, calm down. I never said it was the witch and wasn't hurrdurring.

just watched the video and the director claims it's heather, which is even worse. Somehow she has turned into a 9 foot tall zombie over the past 20 years in the woods.

The girl who played Heather is from my hometown. Thanks.

I thought it would have been cool too, but it just doesn't make any sense. What does it imply? That there's another group of the same people out there yet to discover that video?

>guy who made the film said it's not the film says it's not the witch
>guy in thread is upset that they showed the witch, demands proof
>explain, again, what was said, easy enough to google
>i'm an asshole

Day to day life must be savage for you. You should be happy because you didn't want it to be the witch, right? And it isn't so...

Shoulda banged her m8

I was 9 years old when the movie came out.

It was more like
>guy asks for a pic of, reasonably, the witch from blair witch
>you post knowing some information about the production that someone who hasn't even seen the movie doesn't know and decide to just say NAH NOT THE WITCH IDIOT
ya, you're a dumb asshole bro

means the witch curse was already on them senpai, same reason the weirdo kid says it's been a week but was only 1 night for them or whatever

There are more than two people in this thread you fucking autist.
You single handedly derailed and ruined a Blair Witch thread. Great Work, kid.

He said it was Heather? Last interview i saw he just said it wasn't the witch. I was hoping it was Heather desu. That's fucked up. Killed her brother the bitch...

>replying to pass users

No excuse

shut the fuck up kid, you act pissed about them showing the witch, i'm telling you it wasn't. Or someone else asked, i don't give a shit. If that's the case then mind your fucking business. It's not the witch, everyone's happy except for 2 retards who can't figure out how to watch the movie online yet and can't afford to go to a cinema.

I got how time was skewed but I think the video being made at the end of the movie being the same vid at the start of the movie implies some weird stuff about there also being ANOTHER weird kid who is going to pick up the tape after the sequential end of the movie.

I just don't think that makes much sense, or is at all really touched on by the movie and just seems maybe a stylistic choice that implies a lot that they will never address.

this is literally this thread's worst post

I AM A DIFFERENT POSTER YOU FUCKING RETARD

L O L
O
L
everyone point and laugh, hurry!

as i said, it might be you or not, doesn't matter. Still 2 retards who act like they care but can't afford a movie ticket or a too retarded to figure out how to watch it online. An opinion of such a retard is irrelevant to me.

Only played the first one.

It's pretty much just Nocturne minus the vampires and werewolves.

The original BW movie is one of the few that still manage to scare me. I think it really nails horror.

I actually kinda like the second movie too. I mean, it's a shit movie but I enjoy it and I can see what they were going for before the executives (allegedly) forced them to be more hollywood rather than doing that they really wanted.

1st is the best one. It gave me nightmares years ago. 3rd one is pretty bad.

1st one is great. Shame I couldn't get it to run on W10.

Virtual Machine bro.

Where does this come from?

actually tumblr

But we already know the witch!

I never got how this movie was supposed to be scared, used to watch it a lot of times as a kid and even after hitting puberty.
Only watched it to bang the grills that got hyped for owning it

Why would the witch curse them if they weren't even in the woods at that point?

so alpha

>hurr durr kid
>calls other people tumblr

lol way to go

I'll never tell

I've literally seen it on tumblr.

>I saw it there, so it's the origin!!

It would be where it is from :^)

What is a repost :^) ^.~

First time I saw it I wasn't impressed either. I was 15 or so and I watched my language's dub, which is horrible btw. Was rather bored.
Rewatched it again some years ago in english and found it better, but still nothing special.
Dunno, maybe it's not for me, maybe you have to have proper atmosphere.

Not him but are you trying to ask what show the image is from? It's a quote from some author but over an anime image.

I had the one where you were a confederate soldier or some shit.

It was pretty trash.

why are you browsing on tumblr you triggered sjw faggot

It's a quote by Aldous Huxley, apparently someone on tumblr put that quote on some picture. Calm down, mate.

Funnily enough, my exposure to Blair Witch was like this:
At first, my older sister told me in great detail about the movie and it scared the shit out of me. Then I watched the second movie without watching the original first and I was scared again. A while after that I watched the first one and found it boring.
In the years afterwards I really got into horror movies and rewatched both, now appreciating the original and disliking the sequel.

I didn't know the new one is out yet and I'm cautiously optimistic about it.

Preferred the new one to the original to be honest senpai

What was it like, not being alive in the 80's and 90's?

Because I'm not part of any collective groupthink like you bitch

>Because I'm not part of any collective groupthink like you bitch
>browses tumblr

I haven't laughed at a thread so hard in years. Jesus, what a joke!

what can I say?

I'm 25 you tremendous faggot.

Oh, OK, I thought you were younger but you just have shit taste.

New ones pretty eh. It feels like an imitation of the first one until the end, where you see CGI NotWitch and then its sorta lame. The part where the girl crawls through a tiny ass tunnel got me kinda claustrophobic

Blair Witch was never scary for me. It was also pretty boring

probably autism. people like you don't handle emotions and things like that well

Lane was the best character in the sequel.

I don't know why, but there was a time when I was younger when I got scared pretty easily, so even shitty movies were super scary to me. It's kinda funny. I learned to read with ghost and horror stories, then there was a time in which I got scared by tame stuff and now I'm really into horror again.

>The part where the girl crawls through a tiny ass tunnel got me kinda claustrophobic
Shit. I have mild claustrophobia in general, which goes to the point that I'm not able to use elevators, for example, so that might get me.

The entire movie is just a build up for the ending. The reasoning behind the things that happen is pretty cool. Everything that happens in the middle of the movie is cool and all, but the entire beginning is all just for the line where the corner thing is explained. I think it's just because I prefer thrillers over horror.

It's definitely slow, but I think the world building in those first 20 minutes is really good and supports the doc film conceit. I think it is suitably boring, but I enjoy still. I think it's okay if you're bored by it but I don't think calling it "boring" does it service.

I thought the whole point was there was no witch at all. It was people going mad in the woods.

Did anyone watched the second one? (not the new one but they put out another one in the 2006 i think) it was horrible

that is not the point

Never even knew it existed until someone in this thread mentioned it.
Why is it so bad?

Is this from the makers of bloodrayne?

The Esrever stuff was neat back in the day

The first one is.

I thought it was
>Dude throws map away
>They all slowly go mental
>he decides to murder bitch who yelled at him the whole time

Kinda is though.

not at all

The point is that it is ambiguous. There is no proof that anybody threw the map away.

If there ever were a POINT to the Blair Witch it'd be something to do with Myths being based on unverifiable stories and encounters like how people in the beginning offer several explanations for the witch. The world building of the Blair Witch is completely based on local legends and mythology.

nah

There's a part where she gets stuck and loses it. Be careful, bro

They threw all the good ideas of the first movie out of the window and just made a generic horror film with terrible actors, terrible characters and an even more terrible plot.

Is it anything like Floyd's Tomb? I read that before I developed claustrophobia and I can't imagine reading it now.
Watching Miike's Box after I developed my claustrophobia was really, really tough. But I managed and it's now one of my favourites.

Kind of hard to compare it to that. It's like a 5 min sequence where she's crawling through a dug-out tunnel system that has water and roots and at one point she gets kind of stuck and exerts herself a bit but gets through eventually. Not that bad really, but it could be bad for someone like you.

How did the witch learn to use YouTube?

Dunno why would you want to play a game based on Blair Witch of all the things. That movie works only because of it's mystery and not explaining things at all.

I guess I'll watch it with a friend and see if it's too bad for me.

I get it, you watched a film theorists video on youtube.

That video is retarded.

There was definitely something supernatural going on. The whole thing being a plan to kill the bitch girl is retarded

It was uploaded by the weirdo couple, not the witch.

>new characters from this one apparently haven't see The Blair Witch Project
so it wasn't discovered then? what was the point of filming all that footage. i could handle them being killed but at least let the footage surface

So is there any witch in the game or what?

Who?

Yeah honestly, that idea makes the blair witch way more disinteresting. I don't know why you'd voluntarily believe that is the intention behind the film when the more natural conclusion (it is indeed supernatural) is much cooler and scarier.

Oh yeah, so basically The witch used her time powers to get the tape out?

I like to think that there's no conclusive ending and it's just to people speculation.
The clacking was weird as shit and definitely supernatural.
But the house part did seem a bit weird.

see
It's a pretty popular video atm

What?

>I don't know why you'd voluntarily believe that is the intention behind the film when the more natural conclusion (it is indeed supernatural) is much cooler and scarier.
because to me that boring? Watching a movie where the villain is some all powerful supernatural being that can't be stopped no matter what is a yawn fest to me.

Girl films herself in mirror -> witch puts tape in forest -> Guy uploads -> they go to forest -> Girl films herself in mirror

You sound really gay then, sorry.

How was the black guy part of the search party if he was 4 years old?

little kids can help, it's just people walking in unison through an area

So you actually enjoy watching films where you know no one can win going in? that's fun for you? To have all dramatic tension sucked from the film?

Going into Blair Witch you know that they're all dead. That was like the whole point behind the idea that it was REAL found footage.

and yeah, I do enjoy stories where heroes get defeated because I'm not trained by Hollywood to get upset when my empathy with characters is invalidated when heroes die.

tfw when the blair witch fiasco took place in my home town, Burkittsvile, Maryland

Did anyone else think the movie was going to go full ayy lmao when outside the attic started glowing? Then nothing happened

>Heroes
Ah now I see. You have a very small mind.

to add, the idea that drama only lives within the possibility of people living or dying is a really shallow way to look at drama. This is something that shows like Game of Thrones teach people, where the only thing people get shocked by is character death instead of other tensions and anxieties which Blair Witch is full of in hues.

If you don't understand how that term is being used here, you're probably not familiar with plot and drama in general.

>where you know no one can win going in

But user, the witch won

the witch is not something this person can sympathize with and so the witch's victory is not something he can appreciate.

Imagine if they made a large scale horror where they all get trapped?

i can appreciate it

How can I sympathize with something that may not exist/never see or hear?

>the witch is not something this person can sympathize with

I don't know, she was falsely accused, strung up outside of town and stretched out with weights. I can totally sympathize with her.

me too user. it's a testament to the danger that the witch encompasses - and with not even seeing it once too! scary.

You don't need to sympathize with anything: that's mainstream media's influence on you that you feel cheated or disconnected just because you know that the only thing you CAN sympathize with is going to lose and that you cannot enjoy that because it is an affront to the voyeuristic adventure that mainstream film serve in large portions to the public.

>she was falsely accused
Well if she can still kill people like many many years later I'd say they were on the money with that accusation.

lmao

So I should feel nothing from watching this movie? thanks. I did feel nothing. Was scared wasn't entertained and wasn't even bored. The most there movie I have seen.

I don't know how movies can be so complex for you.

Well

Shit

?

cant be, i havent ever heard these kind of things exist

stop shitposting already

?

Gameplay looks aight on youtube, link to these?

this is the correct answer, they fucking blew it with the shit jump scares and BAM LOUD NOISES!!!!!!!! shit was NOT scary, only "good" part is the house at the end and the tunnel.
Pass and don't waste your time

Also really mad cause I really like the writers/director of this and I know they can do better

Stop acting like a sissy faggot queer woman and bringing your feeling into everything.

Is their a connection?

ahs is so lame

I only watched a couple of episodes of the first season and I thought it was boring. Does it get any better?

first season is the best season. it just gets waaaaaaaaaay worse from then on.

First one is alright.

Pretty sad that it gets even worse. Bummer.

?

Yeah the first season was actually pretty good. All the other ones were shit.

>first season is the best season.

Asylum is the only good one

Don't agree.

Only watch the Second Season. It's about Nazi aliens.

I guess this is a good thread to ask about it:
I'm a huge fan of asian horror movies, like Shutter, A tale of two sisters, Ju-On, Dark Water and so on.
Are there, besides Fatal Frame, any other games that capture the same feeling asian horror movies do?

based From Software made Kuon

That theory is old as shit and is the entire basis of Blair Witch 2, ya newfag.

Gayme theory isn't as influential as y'all think

That looks pretty good. Thanks!

Not really. First one was very atmospheric, but the fucking Nocturne gameplay model eats dick, and the games generally ran like shit on relevant hardware.

I didn't play the other two.

Also check out the Forbidden Siren series and Siren Blood Curse for the ps3.

Elle might not be the witch. It's hinted that those woods have been fucked up a lot longer than a few hundred years.

Oh, I almost forgot about that one. A friend actually wanted to play through them with me.

Fair warning that the first Siren game is unforgivably difficult

Its basically the thing from the end of REC

I don't think its that out there. The witch does kill people indirectly through that serial killer in the 40s. It could probably have got the one guy who disappears first to lose his shit, cut off his ear, and kill the other two.

>that ghoul thing, not the witch but everyone though it was

How could it be anything but the Witch?

>TFW you'll never crack open an ice cold grill

>Then nothing happend
This sentence can be used to describe the whole sequel. First we got the moving wound, with was forgoten conpletley after its reveal. Glowing lights too led to nothing. So does the reapeating footage.
This movie was so dissapointing, holy fuck.

It cant, the director just doesnt want to be lynched so he lies.

It is, but it's also the best horror in the series.

Play the original with a walkthrough before Blood Curse. BC uses all the same scenes and twists but not as well as the original.

They could've made a stealth sequel that would've been way better and still bring in that profit margin Hollywood loves.

>Guy goes to make nature documentary
>Gets lost
>Surprise its the Black Hills!

No time travel, no loud noise shit, no dumb slenderwitch. just keep that shit simple.

youtube.com/watch?v=b6ycnnA2R6s

They were sort of trying that, but no one was interested until they revealed that it was a Blair Witch sequel.

Were they? I know they were screening it under a different name but it was apparently really clear it was the Blair Witch.

Does it look anything like the McFarlane figure?

Long limbed naked woman

Here I went and got this shit from Cred Forums for you

Does anyone remember Freakylinks? Fox was shilling it hardcore as THE NEW NAME IN GEN X INTERNET HORROR FROM THE BLAIR WITCH CREATORS, but like all things that weren't Malcolm in the Middle that came after The Simpsons, no one gave a shit, and it ended after one season

looks pretty spoop. thanks user. I might download this and give it a watch if a decent copy gets uploaded soon.

The fuck is that? From The Strain?

I will never give any money to the franchise that sparked the bullshit of "found footage" movies.

There are literally - LITERALLY - no good "found footage" movies.

Why don't they just fuck the witch, and mindbreak her? That worked in the doujins I read

Reminds me of this youtube.com/watch?v=-rkTpRbfjqg

Nah, REC is cool

>There are literally - LITERALLY - no good "found footage" movies

but OG Blair Witch and REC are great.

which ones? would you care to share?

I really liked Noroi too.

Just when I sent the post I remembered Troll Hunter, which was a little trashy but certainly enjoyable, and V/H/S. I also heard good things about As above, so below but I haven't watched that one yet.

OK can someone please explain what the original Blair Witch project was about? And the recent one? I saw the original when I was really young and all I remember is
>weird noises outside tent
>trio start getting angry at each other
>One dude "throws away the map" (he didn't?A)
>They find guy kind of standing in the corner in the basement of some abandoned home?

My understanding is minimal of these movies. By all means use spoiler tags if you need to.

V/H/S's first segment was pretty damned good.

And Lily was qt as fuck

exhentai.org/g/732835/dcf01777b0/

Its about how to make a shit load of money off of a movie filmed with camcorders.

Honestly though just rewatch the first movie and read the shit they put online around when the movie came out about the lore surrounding the witch and the serial killer.

The original was a supposed video tape found out in the woods after a few college kids go missing while traveling to Burkettsville, MD for a project on some legend of a child murdering witch, and the footage depicts them getting lost in the woods and slowly going nuts and encountered spooky shit. That kid standing in the corner was actually one of them, he ran off in the middle of the night earlier in the film. The whole thing with standing in the corner was supposedly how the Witch murdered the kids. she'd kill one and make the others stand in the corner while she did it. When you see the guy standing in the corner, it's a stinger that the girl with the cameras about to get rekt.

Whats a good horror game I can play on PC or emulate.

>qt
stop trying to trick me user

The first one is like Resident Evil but it with a bit of those old point and click graphic adventures.

Didnt play the others.

No the corner shit was was Rustin Parr did.

oh I see. Is there like a wiki to read up on this blair witch? googling gives me the damned movie.

reminds me of the REC "little girl" lmao

man I don't remember that name or anything. I'll have to give it another watch this month.

He was the killer from the 40s, the one that killed the kids.

I might be wrong, but most of the Blair Witch lore was not her killing people directly but using other people to do it.

>New movie out for the past couple weeks.
>Realize I have Rustin Parr sitting on my shelf.
>Post about the game in a "Games no one played" thread this morning.
>This thread pops up later in the day.

That can't be a coincidence, right?

Anyways, Rustin Parr was okay. The other two I heard were mediocre, but not necessarily bad. Atleast, not Pumpkinhead: Bloodwings levels of bad.

I'd like to find it too. That was one of the earliest internet viral marketing campaigns ever. I remember people I knew actually thought the footage was real when it came out and were pissed when they found out it wasn't.

New movie feels like a retread of the first with more supernatural stuff.
Which I mean isn't as bad as 2 or anything, but just didn't surprise me at any point.

But the final scene where they're both in the corner was great. How the dude thinks he's talking to his sister so he's tricked into looking, then the girl gets tricked into thinking he's still alive.

Though I wanted to be like a theater black guy and shout "bitch just close your fucking eyes" the whole time.

Same thing happened with the american remake of The Ring.

As a result, in my country, even today, people who grew up with that or were in their twenties when it came out are still extremely superstitious about this thing. Me included.

I even have a friend who's been traumatized because the vdv player glitched when we put the movie in it. That was a decade ago and she still refuses to watch any movie with a semblance of horror in it.

Shit was crazy.

I'm still not really sure what was going on with the footage at the end being the clip that got them started with the investigation. The time distortion stuff was kind of interesting, though, and the main girl was pretty cute.

>The time distortion stuff was kind of interesting
NANI?

I think people were putting that clip from The Ring on blank VHS tapes and returning them to blockbuster or libraries as other things.

noice

Is the scene where the chick gets snapped in half online?

Fuck, I never even heard about that. Might be because in my country vhs tapes fazed out a few years before the film release.

Did it come out later there? I definitely still remember VHS tapes back in 2002

It came out in 2003 where I live, yeah. I remember a crushing majority of stores in my city rented/sold dvds only, in a few of them there were still like a small shelf for vhs tapes but nobody used them anymore anyway, everything was getting a dvd release except for the most obscure movies.

YEEESSSS I FUCKING DID THAT HEAPS

man I miss being a kid and going and renting old horror movies on VHS.

>tfw you get home and the dickhead who had it last didn't rewind it

Hmm. Would be a neat twist if it's actually Heather.

Please kill yourself.

What happened to the horror genre man? I know its always been low brow shit but I'm tired of the same boring found footage films and youtube click bait games.

Him standing in the costume was actually supposed to be filmed and be the witch, but they fucked up, right? That's what I heard.

Christ, that looks like fucking garbage.

why

>neat twist

Yeah, it sure would be a "neat twist" if this new movie ruined one of the originals strengths by removing all ambiguity.

What ambiguity? Heather either died, or was used as a tool by the witch. How is that ambiguous? It's not fucking Pre-Director's Cut Blade Runner that we're talking about. It's Blair Witch Project. They either all died, all went insane, or Mike and Josh killed Heather.

Or some townfolks followed them and killed them

no body on camera died, it was all very unnatural. there's lots of ambiguity in that story, don't be a rude.

>Implying the Witch herself was physically present in the movie.

I had hope for "As Above, So Below". But then it went full retard about 30 minutes in.

>As above, so below
Imo very good atmosphere of claustrophobic hell. Watch it user. Shit was spooky as fuck for me, also mindfucks.

>Don't be a rude
Goddamn, this thread went full autismo.

I didn't say she was physically present? I said perhaps she was using Heather as a tool. As in her spirit, or if you want to be less specific, the "force" in the woods that manipulates all these events.

>is the only asshole freaking out in the thread and draws attention to the fact he is stinking the place up
hmmm...

The film theory video is terrible.

No, in the original: Josh killed the original cast, and it's not clear if it's a supernatural occurance or not.

The first one was actually pretty good for the time it came out, better than most of the survival horror shovelware being released. iirc they ran on the same engine as Nocturne meaning they had really fucking good graphics.

Second and third were worse. If you can find them though there's not really a reason to not check them out.

>No, in the original: Josh killed the original cast
HEAD CANON

>Occurrence*
It's called interpretation, my friend
What video?

>there will never be a director's cut of Blair Witch 2

I fucking hate movie studios.

Social media and teenagers. Horror movies now sell mainly on viral campaigns and they rely on general audiences (mostly teens) to get the word around. Thing is the general audience has terrible taste so tons of shitty movies get tons of attention

That movie was pretty shit though, not sure how a DC would fix it.

I thought it was good. Not as a horror movie, just in general.
Sometimes B movies scare the shit out of me.

it is also called your head canon, my dude

If that's Heather at the end, then that explains why she could get Josh or whatever to look at her. But how could she imitate his voice? And if she's not the witch, why does she only kill them when they look at them? Also, what's the lights that appear?

Also, how did Josh get out of the room? He was stuck in there with the witch/his sister. When he reappears, his face looks way too clean compared to the girl. My theory is that he is an allusion made by the witch to fuck with her even more.

>ctrl+f Nocturne
>all these hits
Damn, that was a gorgeous piece of shit of a game. IIRC, the readme notes on CD-ROM thank Carmack himself for supplying the cloth physics algorithm. I didn't touch anything built with that engine afterwards.

Nocturn is so fucking good

It's probably the most believable found footage supernatural horror film I've seen but I still can't believe anybody ever thought it was real when it was being screened in theatres and promoted as a commercial horror film.
Even if the marketing claimed it was true, that they were selling tickets and putting up posters and so on should have been enough to tip people off. There are always people that believe the most far-fetched shit though, I suppose. Belief in ghosts and extraterrestrial abduction and other things like that is pretty common, it seems.

The movie is actually a pretty clever commentary on the cultural phenomenon that the first movie became. Or at least it was supposed to be before the studio fucked over the director and forced him to do shit like

add a bunch of shitty goth rock to the soundtrack
Cut the film out of order Memento style for no reason when it was intended to be chronological
Add several scenes of violence because the film wasn't violent enough
Remove the most violent scene (which was actually in the original movie) because it was too violent
Try to sell it as a 'based on true events' movie yet again.
and a whole bunch of other shit.

people weren't so marketing-conscious/cynical back then towards things like that.

though of course people did know it wasn't real

>Even if the marketing claimed it was true, that they were selling tickets and putting up posters and so on should have been enough to tip people off. There are always people that believe the most far-fetched shit though, I suppose. Belief in ghosts and extraterrestrial abduction and other things like that is pretty common, it seems.

They did good PR by having the cast basically disappear from the public eye for awhile instead of promoting the film like they usually do.

I know they really tried to make tremors a horror series but it worked a lot better as a comedy, I mean the films got better and better as Bartz' arsenal grew lmao

Is there a fan edit somewhere?

The film makers even had the casts family tell people that they were killed in some documentary.

Alright, this thread has turned into a clusterfuck. I got people saying the Blair Witch is a vengeful spirit in the woods, then there are people claiming Josh and Mike killed Heater. Is there a general consensus? Or is everyone just parroting that youtube video?

And then there's this dude
Who keeps latching onto anyone who disagrees with him, like they're the same person, when he's the only one getting his panties in a wad.

Also; Aside from Rustin Parr, I have no idea what the other two were about. Anyone want to sum up the plots?

You're freaking out m8. I believe I have only replied to you once.

take a chill pill

absolute madmen

You're literally the only person who has. That was my second post in this thread. That's what I mean. I don't know who's shitposting, who's being analpained, and who's just genuinely trying to discuss the films/games.

It's all gotten so intense.

Did you throw the map in the river?...

I always thought there was actually a witch/ghost in the woods, its what I came away from the movie the first time I watched it and go back there is never any hints of it being anything else.

If Josh and Mike did kill Heather, it certainly wasn't planned like that youtube video claims. It would be more likely that they got possessed. Why would you film yourself killing your friend anyways and go through all that effort?

the general consensus is that the original film is vague enough for the viewer to reason for themselves whether they just saw a supernatural occurrence or a bunch of college kids go insane and kill each other after getting lost in the woods.

There is no fan edit I've found. Luckily it's just taking some scenes out and putting them back in order but it's still a bitch and the movie shouldn't have been fucked with in the first place.

Making movies in the 90's must have been fucking horrible.

I don't think it is at all close to the general consensus and ever has been that there was anything other than supernatural shit going on in the Blair Witch

So she became what the stick dolls are crafted in reference to?

blairwitch.com/project/mythology.html

Honestly these old websites are creepier than the movie.

Where'd you find it on tv? I can't find the thread.

Magic doesn't exist

Is that the one with the guy from Burn Notice?

Aren't they supposed to be the girl hung on the tree?

Archive

Oh, fuck. I wanted to discuss the movie since no one here replied to anything I said.

so was the new one shit or what? I always kind of enjoyed the original. it was effective as you could get for a movie filmed with a handheld camera on a few thousand dollar budget.

What did you say?

I have some (You)'s I can share

See

That thing isn't Heather at the end. The director is full of shit.

What about Josh being an illusion?

>October 16th, 1995 - Students from the University of Maryland's Anthropology Department discover a duffel bag containing film cans, DAT tapes, video-cassettes, a Hi-8 video camera, Heather's journal and a CP-16 film camera buried under the foundation of a 100 year-old cabin. When the evidence is examined, Burkittsville Sheriff Ron Cravens announced that the 11 rolls of black and white film and 10 HI8 video tapes are indeed the property of Heather Donahue and her crew.

Sooo... They found the cabin, and got away alive with the evidence. So why does this new movie exist, if they've proven that you can make it to the cabin and back without dying?

But he does hurt people in the erased time, at several points. God, I hate shit like this, because it's just smug people, who don't think it though.

What is confusing about King Crimson, is NOT the general power itself. If you're not a retard, you can understand how the general premise works easily. The problem is the "Rules" of it, which seem downright contradictory at some points.Namely the fact that bullets pass through him, and most of the time he can't hurt other people, and yet at other points he does hurt other people during the erased time.

Dont worry user, asylum was my favorite season too. I thought the characters in the first season were too annoying to like

I only played (and loved) the first one. I highly recommend it if you loved the early resident evil games.

In fact I'm getting the torrent right now, I have to play this shit again.

Got a link?

>Another problem is the length of the game. It is very short and should take only about ten hours to finish. As interesting as the puzzles are, they're a snap to solve and don't take an overly long time to solve. For example, one puzzle requires you to decode a ghostly voice, similar to the film The Sixth Sense. If you've seen that movie, then solving the puzzle will be easy.

>Very short.
>Ten hours to finish.

Jesus christ, I miss the good ol' days.

Man I thought the first movie sucked. The new one must be a real pile of shit.

I loved the lightning of the first game.

you control a lady in a period dress wielding a shotgun with a mounted flashlight and laser-sight.

That with dynamic lightning a pre-rendered backgrounds make this a really comfy little gem, fucking get it now.

Can't speak for the other ones but I heard they are pretty shit.

The taking of Deborah Logan wasn't bad.

That's not a bad length, even compared to similar games back then. Whoever wrote that must have been an RPG fag who expects everything to be 60+ hours.

To make money.

Although maybe the Witch has a plan, although before this it seemed like she attacked mostly children

No, that's what I mean. Back then, 10 hours was SHORT. These days, the only time critics call a game out on being short, it has to be sub-2 hours. I'm impressed they made a game that length.

I mean for fuck sake, GOTY two years back was a fucking 2 hour long walking simulator.

theisozone.com/downloads/pc/windows-games/blair-witch-volume-i-rustin-parr/

This is where I'm downloading it from. Heard there are very few compatibility errors, too.

thanks man, couldnt find any torrent worth a damn.

You have to stay the night.

>Hiro put this shit in knowing that little symbol would always get angry (You)'s

s4s is probably filled with people putting "Cred Forums pass user since 2003" in their posts.

Back in the day I was amazed my computer could run a game with dynamic shadows on 32MB of integrated VRAM.

Guess who didn't get laid in high school :D

All of us.

Familliar.

Give me games about spooky woods and stuff.

>>Allegedly
Did you not see the horrible ending 2 had? It screamed hollywood

>that tunnel crawl scene