Game does a lot of things different

>Game does a lot of things different
>Fans hate it on release
>Time goes by and sequel gets released
>It's shit and relies purely on nostalgia and improves on virtually nothing
>People start to realize the things the previous game did right
Thanks DSIII. You're making people realize Dark Souls II was a good game after all. Maybe even the best one out of the series.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zEWXwMBex_s
youtube.com/watch?v=D8ShsHeYkeI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Also contains the sexiest armor yet.

How did das3 fix any of the das 2 glarring design issues?
Not that das3 is perfect but das 2 still is poorly designed sequel.

Das3 didn't improve on any of 2's issues. All the armor felt the same, and the spells were less powerful and completely unuseful in pvp.

ds2 + 3dlc are fuking massive game, ds3 in this point is downright short.

quality over quantity
you can count the number of good ds2 areas on 1 finger (it's shulva)

BB = DS1 > DeS > DS3 > DS2

>Cathedral fighter 5 tied for best.

das3's spells are so bad, jesus would weep if you were going to start a faith or sorcery build

It's personal preference which one of the two you prefer but whether you agree or not, they are objectively the best in the series.

Every Bloodborne level looked the same, and every boss felt the same tooo. Why do people praise it again?

>Das3 didn't improve on any of 2's issues.
It improved level design and bosses drastically and that's what souls games are all about

ds2 did alot different
doesnt mean the different is good
get off your high horse ds2 fag
movement was floaty and weird
backstabs fishing was still prevelant
ds2 pve is the worst in the series
>muh shockwaves
>muh tracking
>broken hitboxes
>muh adp

I played 200 hours and the more I played the more I realized how shit the game was

das=des>das3>BB>das2

I love Dark Souls 2. It's so full of content and experimental, a plethora of unique areas, build/weapon varieties and secrets. Yeah it's lacking in some areas but even after hundreds of hours of playing I can almost guarantee I'd find something to do or discover something new, which I can say about so few games(Including DS3 & Bloodborne).

But yeah, shit posters love writing it off as the worst thing ever. Shame really.

nice meme
every area has distinct architecture and you get out of the city early on anyway
as for bosses you might just be retarded

what did he mean by this?

>>Game does a lot of things different

a lot of bad things

>You're making people realize Dark Souls II was a good game after all. Maybe even the best one out of the series.
nice bait. Dark Souls 2 is still shit, even after SotFS and Dark Souls 3 being better

Because it has the best atmosphere, soundtrack and combat in the entire series.

>Armor prevents backstabs
>Backstab fishing still prevalent
Git Gud

It was the exact same shit with Demon Souls. I suspect Sonyggers.

Every single flaw with the game couldn't be discussed without being brigaded with "Never ever PKEKS!" comments.

Its a meme to rank BB on par with DS1 or above

>one armor piece

The worst part about this game was the terribly slow pacing and the goddamn awful movement and animations. Physics in general were fucking atrocious.

Replace the game engine for what we have in DaS3 and DaS2 would be superior to 3 in every way except maybe PvE.

I'm sure 3 was total boring trash because Miyazaki can't be bothered to give a fuck. He just shit out DaS3 to end the contract with Bandai Cunto.

Old hunters for difficulty and overall atmosphere of the game is pretty fucking good as long as you are not feed up with it. Also combat is faster then in souls so it appeals to broader audience.

All the architecture was the same gothic architecture, and the forest level outside the city is short and unmemorable.

Sony players truly are the niggers of the gaming world

But Dark Souls 3 was great.

The slow pacing was the best part, i liked having to work thru a zone.. in DS3 you just run up to mobs and R1 stun lock them GG

I don't see how the level design was improved?

It's the most linear while and lacks the most variety. Five or so cathedrals/castles and two poison swamps?

Not to mention everyone always rags on how DaS2's world doesn't make any sense. But we can leave a swamp, go through a tomb from sand land and suddenly we're in a snow city? And that's okay cause "worlds converging" seems like a lackluster excuse.

Every level was the same cathedral and forest with a slight variation to the time of day and amount of fog.

>babby's first souls

plus it was a large ass tomb and always gave a sense of progression.

Plus it's still better than Riding the Elevator to in a Windmill up to a lava castle. And no sign of the Lava Castle being there

>>babby's first souls
not him but DaS3 was my 5th Souls like game

Reminder no matter what, Des is the worst and has the shittiest braindead 2 move bosses

Don't bother man, bloodborne niggers aren't that bright.

After i beat it i was pretty let down, it was just so easy, i never understood the praise, then i realized the whole game is a meme.

>All the architecture was the same gothic architecture

if you're retarded, sure. Old yharnam is nothing like central yharnam or cathedral ward

>and the forest level outside the city is short and unmemorable.

hemwick is short but not unmemorable and forbidden woods is one of the longest areas in the series, bait harder. there are plenty other areas too. something tells me you played for 3 hours then quit

There's 1 cathedral and 1 forest in the base game.

Damn it must be hard being stupid enough to like no build variety linear DS3

>Stop liking what I don't like
Fucking hell you autists are getting worse by the day

The only thing I think DS2 did well was making dual wielding systematized rather than limiting it to specific items.

Other than that pretty much every other change was for the worse.

it had some build variety. Sure, I didn't like there was no poise but the I Frames were not fucked with in DaS3 (unlike in DaS2 which was "hold L1, the game") so I was able to dodge roll everywhere.

The elevator actually goes underground. There's two structures in the elevator, so while the elevator structure goes down the decorative structure goes up twice the speed giving the appearance you're going up at normal speed.

This is done so people entering the lava kingdom will think they are entering another worldly area not part of their world, and praise allegiance to the iron king. Also keep in mind, Iron and lava is underground not above ground

Nope, dark souls 2 is still comparatively shit.

at least it hasn't 4cucks in it.

Where does SotFS come in to this?

Yeah the fact you could roll 12 times with max stam vs the old 4, just killed the game, roll spam is not skill and is not hard.

>Some build variety
not really, 300 hours in the game i tested most builds, you are VERY VERY limited

yeah but dark souls III is worse

>The elevator actually goes underground.

except when calling the elevator in the Iron Keep, the elevator come up from under the ground.

I know DaS2 fags make up shit to defend their crappy game and lack of any lore but at least try to say less stupid statements

higher than DS2 but still below DS3

>

Daily reminder that Lords of the Fallen is infinitely better than Soulsborne. Nioh will also be better than the Souls games.

Enjoy your shitty, gay ass weapon and armour design. Fags.

at least DaS3 did something to counter no poise.

DaS2 did fuck all with countering no I Frames

It's still shit, shit doesn't age like wine it remains to be shot, I go back to das 1 occasionally because it's far better than both das2 and das3

Disregard this mans opinion, ranking DS3 above DS2 just shows how little he likes souls style games.

People actually shill Lords of The Fallen? Ironically or not that's some commitment.

>Also combat is faster then in souls so it appeals to broader audience.
Its also significantly less casual than Turtle Souls

>I don't see how the level design was improved?
In actual levels, you know they are no longer just fucking corridors with enemies in them, they actually have alternative ways of progression through them

>It's the most linear
It's linear in the sense that the content is presented in order you should approach it, but nothing stopping you to skip cursed greatwood and go straight to farron keep or kill the dancer early.
When it goes to variety i won't agree, it's true that das2 is huge but compared to other games in the series, das 3 is standard. Das2 is huge but the locations itself are bland and uninteresting, most of them are just straight corridors with few exceptions

(you)

it's better than DaS2

(You)*

I like good games.

DaS2 was not a good game and a disappointing sequel

no iframes.. did you even play DS2? did you level adaptability up to 25 for more frames?

You had to time your rolls, you only had Iframes at the start of the roll. you couldn't just dodge spam like a retard in DS3.

Also less strategic, wouldn't call any of the souls games casual exactly, but if you want to be an asshole then be my guest.

No you don't, DS3 is bad. you are just stupid. but its okay, some people are.

>no iframes.. did you even play DS2?
Yes. I have the Platinum

>did you level adaptability up to 25 for more frames?
I did not because it looked like a useless stat. Like Resistance from the 1st game or Luck in the 3rd game

Dude don't make yourself look retarded, BB is very easy, my wife who has never played a souls game beat it in 3 days.

>Dark Souls 3
>shortest game in the series
>bonfires out the ass
>filled to the brim with shitty references
>On-disc cut content that will be sold as DLC
>no dynamic lighting system when even basic indie games have them
>rehashed areas
>rehashed NPCs
>rehashed animations
>fails to innovate
>invasions sucks
>Heavy armor sucks
>armor sets don't even fit properly
>brown and grey
>shit AI
>Armor variety is less than DS2 BASE game, despite copypasting a 3rd of the armors from previous games
>Magic needs 2-3 ring slots just to dish out melee level damage
>Magic itself does reduced damage for PvP
>awful scaling balance
>FP is the most awful casting management system introduced yet (worse than DeS mana, which had better regen options and more efficient)
>FP horribly ineffiecent with damage, ends up causing everyone to use 1 or 2 FP efficient spell like Great Heavy Soul Arrow
>Miracles awful, best and most viable one locked behind the final boss
>bland NG+
>awful covenants
>no blue eye orb
>blue sentinels and darkmoons the exact same
>left hand weapons no longer have full movesets
>dual wield weapons are gimmicks
>Straight Swords and Curved Sword are as fast as daggers
>Great Weapons are slower than previous games, and costs more stamina, while barely doing more damage
>1-2 Weapons ALWAYS the best in class, no redeeming qualitys for special weapons resulting in less weapon variety than BB
>very little moveset variation
>existence of Carthus Rouge
>WA are mostly shit or copypasted powerstance moves
>no tech
>No animation canceling
>No backstep i-frame
>rolls have too much i-frames and cost too little stamina
>bloodborne enemies catered to R1 spam from ss and cs
>hexes gone and dark magic is shit
>shittiest dragon form
>no dragon covenant
>refined/hollow completely dominates
>pyromancy is the quality of casters
>19 bosses, a good chunk being gimmicks
>linear level design, less branching options than DeS, DS2, and even BB

>the DLC won't save it

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
Adaptability is the most retarded idea in soulsborne series, and yes if you level that shit enough you are basically immortal

Its not a useless stat if it gives you more Iframes and makes you drink estus faster (which i did just to piss off honorfags after we both bowed)

You need to replay DS2 Sotfs, i feel like you've miss a lot of it from just not knowing.

Bloodborne has strategy of its own, its all about staying quick and getting your hits in without being too greedy since enemies are always prepared to counter if you keep button mashing. It plays alot faster since your only option to avoid damage is to get the hell out of the way, not cling to a shield.

>liking dudes in armor bosses

>a sudden influx of ds2 apologists

Where are they coming from?

>DS3 is bad.

and DS2 is worse

>Its not a useless stat if it gives you more Iframes and makes you drink estus faster
game didn't mention either of these.

>You need to replay DS2 Sotfs
I played base Dark Souls 2 and I am not buying a re-release of a game I did not like.

probably reddit.

DaS3 makes a lot of aspects of 2 look better in comparison.

>DaS3 makes a lot of aspects of 2 look better in comparison.

what aspects?

Just because you're simple and didn't do some research its not the games fault

DS3 is bad get over it buddy, its the worst souls game.

It's not an influx the ones we have are just getting more vocal.

Every time there is a strawpoll the DS2 apologist percentage stays roughly the same.

I like that one where you roll.

You didn't understand, by strategy i meant different types of playstyles which bloodborne simply lacks. It's focused on what you told and that's all well and good but ultimately it strips the game of some of it's replayability. Ultimately it's the matter of personal preference.

DaS3 is bad and certainly DaS2 did some things way better than DaS3 but DaS2 is nowhere near the atmosphere, bossfights and gameplay level of DaS3

>the best out of the series
What is with all these DS2 apologists and shitposters flaring up recently? DS2 was a massive disappointment. Every improvement it made over DS1 it did something 2 times as retarded such as soul memory or fucking up covenants. Does DS3 have it's faults? Yes, but at no point will it ever be as disappointing and bland as DS2

Honestly making the primary dodge maneuver a roll was a mistake, should have always been a quick hop.

Maybe people are just let down with how bad DS3 turned out to be.

No builds the game, no challenge. PvP was trash.

>softs
agreed that it improves on das 2 but sometimes it gets completely retarded and sometimes there is nothing it can do.
>polished shit

>game didn't mention either of these.

>Adaptability: Raises various attributes to ensure one's survival
>Agility: Boosts ease of evasion and other actions.

You're retarded.

Ah, I get you.

Atmosphere is pretty VERY weak, DS1 pulled it off far better. most the bosses were annoying beast bosses. and staying near a boss as it jumps around every 4s isn't hard, just tedious.

DS3 was just a game made for the sake of pumping a little more money out, you could tell no one really cared.

PvP
Build Variety
How Linear it is in comparison to 2.

DaS2 had a lot of issues but pretty silly of From to not take any of the good things from it.

I don't even mind it being a roll, the fact that you have to use invincibility frames instead of avoiding the pixels of the enemies' weapons makes it almost brain-dead.

>dodging is only based on timing
>deep combat
>w
>e
>w

Sure thing
youtube.com/watch?v=zEWXwMBex_s

Build variety is pretty irrelevant since I always go quality mace/longsword.

If that were the case you'd see an increase in the number of Dark Souls 2 apologist rather than the number plateauing like it has.

The number of threads has increased but the number of apologists themselves haa stayed the same. If anything all it says is Dark Souls 2 apologists are really the only group annoyed by Dark Souls 3.

I was going to tell OP what a faggot he is for liking DaS2 but you guys posted what is indeed the sexiest armor in all of souls games. Also the only souls game where you can make cute waifus.

How nice for you. Many others would like to not use a qaulity build or longsword cause it's boring.

>Just because you're simple and didn't do some research its not the games fault

my first runs of Souls games are blind

>PvP
and post disregarded

DaS2 is objectively the best game in the series. Anybody who says otherwise never actually liked or played any of these games, and is just memeing to fit in.

i know a few people who disliked DS2 and hated DS3 even more. but loved DS1. DS3 is just bad if you like souls games.

It's the way these games are meant to be played.

And the only really well-designed area (verticality, useful shortcuts built around the appropriate number of bonfires, secrets and optional challenges) in DaS3 is The Cathedral of The Deep.

>Anybody who says otherwise never actually liked or played any of these games, and is just memeing to fit in.

I have a Platinum on all the souls games + Bloodborne and DaS2 is the worst of the bunch

I'm so glad your subjective experience and opinion is so empowering user. Suddenly I've lost all opinions of my own.

BB>ds3>ds1>des>ds2

Take off the nostalgia goggles,
Dancer and pontiff were better bosses than anything in ds1 (except maybe biggy and smalls). ds3 has better bosses and gameplay, and atmosphere. don't hate me just because i'm right

It's really not. Every complaint you can make about Dark Souls 2 from shitty level/enemy/boss design to hitboxes, you can make about Lords of the Fallen. It's also a lot smaller(like 5 hours) and glitchy as hell.

I tend to have that effect on people. Glad I could help.

LotF is not a disappointing sequel o a good game so it's better than DaS2

I sure enjoyed the very complex areas like the 5 minutes long profaned capital, Consumed garden, Catacombs, Arno Londo and Boreal Valley being a fucking straight line,

It is the shortest game of the series. Literally the only level done right in the game is Undead settlement.

The bosses were meh. Less generic than DS2 design wise, but mechanically all were very barebones straight forward fights. DS2 at least tried to throw different mechanics, like arenas being changed depending on what you did on the level (Lost sinner, the medusa, Dragon Rider), different elements and effects (durability acid, item unequipping), Massive defenses that forces you to use the elemental resistence rock scissor paper, etc.

DS3 literally didnt improve ANYTHING on DS2.

Eh, I think we are all just waiting for the meme to die. I see threads lauding the good things about 2 multiple times a day, but the discussion is always snuffed out by meme shitters bitching about adaptability or "human bosses". It really is not fun to participate in Das2 discussion, which is a shame because it is my favorite in the series. I have been a fan since it came out and am just waiting for the memes to die so I can have a good thread

That's a stupid way to view something.

You're really stupid.

DaS2 is a sequel so it's judged as a Sequel.

LotF is not a sequel and made by Sweedish people. I went in expecting a so-so Souls knockoff and that is what I ended up getting

This shit the the laziest argument. The people who like Dark Souls II still talk about it, the people who don't(the majority, by most metrics) have moved on. A few people may have changed their opinions along the way, but at the end of the day most discussion about the game is going to be positive now because the people who didn't like it aren't playing it or thinking about it anymore.

Same with any other sequel situation where at least a portion of the community liked a game.

Swedish people? You're an uninformed retard. Holy fuck are you stupid. Sober up and get your facts straight.

Also I don't mind DaS3. I am waiting for the dlc to take it all in, but so far it is fine. Definitely worth a playthrough

>all this jealousy

DS2 is still the worst in the series. I understand it was your first but that doesn't make it good.

Good changes DaS2 made that FROM removed in 3
>Ascetics to respawn bosses
>Able to use a weapons full moveset in the left hand
>Powerstance
>Upgrading shields improved their stats, not just the stability
>Depleting your stamina caused your character to breathe heavily
>You didn't lose your momentum from falling down 2 feet
>Poise wasn't as retarded as in 1 or as useless as in 3
>Fun NPC invaders that didn't act like just another enemy
>Interacting with the environment unlocked secrets, like lighting all the scones in The Gutter
>Other secrets like the pig and pickaxe
>Lockstones and Fragrant Branches manipulated the environment
>Getting wet reduced your characters lightning RES while boosting your fire RES
>NG+ added new enemies and items
>rolling in poison made your poison build up continue even on dry land because you were still covered in it
>rolling in snow/poison/water covered you in it and it slowly disappeared
>You could activate several pools of blood at once, resulting in hilarity
>You could be invaded even while hollow and if the boss was dead, but at a lower chance
>You could burn an effigy to block invaders, but you blocked summons as well
>Poison builds were not only viable, they were useful
>You could roll in more directions when locked on
>Backstep had i-frames.
>Hexes were fleshed out
>White phantoms couldn't Estus with an invader in the world
>Small soapstones if you wanted help with the area before a boss, without having to BC to solo the boss
>Drinking Estus in a fight was a gamble thanks to the slow speed
>Twinblades
>Lances
>Fists were viable
>Corrosive urns, so you didn't need pyro to break equipment
>Broken armor and weapons got a broken texture
>Chests could be broken, making hitting them to see if it's a mimic risky
>Trapped chests
>Attacking with no stamina made the swing slow, making stamina management more important

Now watch and see how "BEE TEEM" memers deny that these were good things that should've been included/expanded upon in 3

>I judge games on how they live up to my expectations

You can't be serious. How many 2 threads do you take part in? It is basically against v rules to say something nice about 2

Poise was perfect in 1.

>DS2 had the worst enemy placement (yes worse than the taurus and capra demons in demon ruins)
>worst balance due to practically any dual-wielding pair of weapons having a semi-infinite stunlock and dark magic doing twice as much damage as other spell types while being easier to hit with
>worst level designs
>worst movement
>worst bosses balanced out by some high-tier bosses
>gower's ring, jester chest, bat staff, etc.

Most of those things revolve around combat. A shame that the combat in Souls 2 is so damn clunky.

Close enough, Poland is across the Baltic Sea fro Sweeden.

I also just sequels based off their prequels.

and by this thread:
>worst fanbase

Must be nice to be part of the hivemind.

Okay, I'll say it.
The only thing I liked about DSII, over DSI was the multiplayer. Everything else is shit.
At least DSIII made for an interesting story, even though it was playing on nostolgia the entire time.

>ascetics were only put in place due to the enemies despawning
good change
>powerstance made so many weapon combos broken due to stunlocks
good change
neutral change
neutral change
good change
good change
neutral change
>pig and pickaxe aka nobody would ever fucking think to do this
>basically just the equivalent of keys for progression
silly change
>also made enemy placement worse
awful mechanic
neutral change
neutral change
pointless change
>offline mode but with bloodstains and messages
>bat staff made poison broken
>also had clunkier movement when changing direction or doing anything that wasn't sidestepping
>backstepping iframes were incredibly impractical and had no reason to exist
>hexes are the most powerful magic type by far
>except estus healed your whites as a host
>small soaps were pointless and you could just black crystal them out
>estus sipping was still just as strong and could only be punished with a hornet backstab
>twinblades were lame
>dual-wield greatlance was the biggest cheese build
good change except they relied on stunlocking
neutral change
neutral change
>only happened if you hit them more than once which is all it takes to check for a mimic
bad change
good change

I really liked the design and the graphics of the LotF world. Shame about the low quality of the content which never even comes close to the shittiest Souls game (DS2, if you were wondering) while also having one of the worst DLCs I've ever witnessed. 6/10 game. DS2 is 7/10 for comparison.

Dark Souls II had good multiplayer but garbage singleplayer and the singleplayer aspect is more important. It also had shitty stat mechanics and Soul Memory was garbage.

Shut the fuck up with this meme already.

>and the singleplayer aspect is more important
fucking thank you, I'm spending 60 bucks to play a fucking RPG with a reasonably good SP not play some laggy MP with people that treat it like it's a fucking super skilled fighting game

To each his own but I had the most fun with 2's single player. I don't like multi player but I enjoy all of the games' single player campaigns, and 2 is the top for me

>It improved level design and bosses drastically
>and that's what souls games are all about
Do you even like Souls games?

ADP is the biggest reason why DS2 is the weakest in the series

I get that they wanted to nerf rolling but making the game unplayable until you get 30 ADP and forcing me to run around naked is shit

DaS2 is the worst in the series in every possible way, even basic shit like player movement was made infinitely shittier which blows my mind since its not like they couldn't have just taken the movement from the the first game.

>having an opinion is a meme

What a sad life you live.

Saying Dark Souls II is good after III's release and implying it caused an awakening or some shit is just being a contrarian, though.

People who actually played Dark Souls 2 for more than 30 minutes

>72 hours on steam

DS2 is the weakest in the series

Boreal Valley is really well done, imo.
Even has the Archdragon Peak entrance there.

30 ADP is overkill. Even with minimum attunement, you only need 16 ADP.

The design of some of the stuff in LotF was awesome, but the game is so slow paced it hurts. It feels so unresponsive, and you're so locked into your animations with little in the way of cancelling them, so it doesn't feel good.

Shrine of Amana, Dragon Aerie, Dragon Shrine, Lost Bastille, all of the DLC areas aside from Frozen Outskirts and Iron Passage, etc. While the level design in 2 is probably the weakest in the series let's not pretend it didn't have some good areas.

Casual.

>any of those
>good

lol

I've always liked DaSII, more than DaSI even.
I don't even bother in these types of threads because words always fall deaf on the hivemind's ears

how do you read this?

I'm convinced the people who think DaS2 is the worst in the series don't even know why they disliked it. They play it for some hours, then they feel disappointed and go online and post the same meaningless arguments and "shit hitbox" webm's that everyone's seen a hundred times before. Soul memory and ADP aren't things that'll make people quit, it's what the people who quit likes to complain about. How the fuck is ADP a bad thing? If you don't need the invincibility frames because you're a mage/shield-user/have good reaction time or whatever, you can put points elsewhere. DaS2 was a god-tier RPG, and 3 was boring shit with the worst PvP in the series. 1 was a fun experience, but there's no way I'll ever bother playing it again.

How are they not good?

Objective fact incoming, if you disagree you are a low IQ subhuman retard that should be tortured to death in real life:

DaS3 > BB > DaS > DeS > DaS2 (Abomination that shouldn't have happened, not a real game since based Miyazaki didn't work on it).

Will rank the games including DLC after 1 year when we have both DaS3 dlc's.

You have to be 18 to post here.

I normally think people who rate DaS3 above anything are just brain-damaged, but since you put it above everything else I know this is just bait

Its the memetic circle. If there ever is another Dark Souls people will hate it and claim it's a shit game 3/10, and then DS3 gets bumped up to the second best game in the franchise and so on and on.

Keep in mind that DS3 was the most popular Dark Souls so that's extra reason for contrarian neckbeards here to say it's bad.

DS3>DS1>DS2

>DaS3 > BB

wrong in every way

I am 25, die from aids nigger.

DaS3 base game is superior to every other Souls game base game.

DaS is a joke without Artorias DLC, DaS2 is literal pile of shit. Bloodborne is good, but base game is lackluster.

The DLC of DaS3 will only make it better and the game already has best/second best base game, only rivaled by BB.

Facts, stay salty g00k.

They are very close but I have to rate DaS3 above BB because of the following facts:

-DaS3 has superior/harder boss fights/experience than BB.
-DaS3 has superior healing system, estus flask > blood fials.
-Rally system makes the game too easy and scrub friendly.

If Bloodborne had estus flask systema nd rallying didn't exist, it would be above DaS3, but alas, it is what it is.

DaS > BB > DS3 > DeS > DS2

DS2 had a few really neat ideas, but fundamentally the game was pretty bad

It had the worst level design and bossfights in the series by a pretty wide margin. And Soul Memory and limited red eye orbs put a time limit on PVP and co-op, which was pretty lame. The only worthwhile part of the game were the DLC areas. Otherwise, it mostly felt like a cheap Souls knockoff.

DS3 was a wonderful return to form. It brought back the persistent world. The levels felt organic, with an excellent use of vertical space and sense of scale. The bossfights felt much more unique and personal, The multiple phases gave every boss a distinct gimmick, and kept fights from feeling like filler.

>This shitty pasta again

>25

>still on Cred Forums

Nope. I played DS1 first. I played every game except for Demon Souls. But throughout all this, I would have to say DS2 was the most fun I had

Lotrhic Castle (high wall + castle + archives), Archdragon Peak, Undead Settlement, Cathedral of the Deep and Irythyll were all loads better than anything we got in vanilla DS2.

DS2 was just hallways and box-shaped rooms. Honestly, it felt more like a DMC game than it did a Souls game. The only level that stood out was Lost Bastille, which was clearly designed separate from the rest of the game.

every single day

Honestly, if you can't enjoy the bossfights in DS3 I have to assume that you're just burned out on the series.

It had epic 1-on-1s
It had fun gimmicks
It had fights with feels
I honestly can't think of a single fight that felt like a throaway, and we haven't even gotten the DLC yet.

I understand that my experience doesn't apply to everybody, but I just feel bad for the people who didn't enjoy it.

Come end of the month this will be sucking ds3 dlc

Half that shit was added in SotfS

You're begin intellectually dishonest if you're comparing vanilla DS3 to a game that had an entire year's worth of dlc lumped onto it.

DS2 let you interact with the environment and depending on what you did made some bosses a lot easier. Armor sets were cool and unique. Almost every weapon was viable to use. Lots of ways to troll other plays in pvp.

DS3 is the same single player experience as DS1 but worse, and for all of DS2's faults at least it was it tried something different which made it a lot more fun. DS3 shills are making shit From Soft shills.

>This entire post

I put around 800 hours into DaS2 because I'm a pathetic autist with no life and it is by far the worst game in the series. It's actually the only game I've ever sold as well. Zero interest in ever playing it again for any reason because of the god awful combat and trash PvP. It's not a bad game, but fuck it to hell for existing and causing me shame

>Almost every weapon was viable to use.
god you are so full of shit

>Roaring Halberd
>Not easily one of the best weapons
Fucking nigger. I spinned to win so many time with that amazing weapon I honestly can't understand how you couldn't call it broken.

spin2win is basically a free backstab

you're playing against retards

weapon was easily a plus. If someone tried to backstab me I'd just switch to one handed and swipe so they couldn't came at me from the side. Plus, I was dark magic for maximum damage output and use spells that would hurt if he came too close. There's literally no downside. Whoever made this chart doesn't know shit. Every single weapon is viable.

What's so good about the Defender Greatsword? As far as Faith weapons are concerned I'd say Dragonslayer Spear or even Heide Spear are much better than it.

>DS1: 3,101 players
>DS2 + SOTFS: 2,615 players
>DS3: 8,655 players

Ds2 is fucking trash, kill yourself

The game had fantastic comfy atmosphere. Undeniably the comfiest.
youtube.com/watch?v=D8ShsHeYkeI

I'll be here till I am dead, got a problem faggot? 1v1 me irl.

If DS3 has so many players why why am I getting more summons and invasion in DS2 than I am in DS3? Answer me that.

>pvp cancer

Your posts and opinions don't matter

Cred Forums is a hivemind. That's why they all hate DSII. Muh "Linear levels" is a meme. At least all of it's levels were memorable. I literally can't even remember the map layout of the all the swamp DS3 had. Holy fuck, that game loved it's swamps.

>He doesn't play Dark Souls PvP.
I bet you summoned two sugar daddies to cum in your ass as long as they helped you through the level. Didn't you?

>he summons/does pvp in souls games

Yes, I summoned other people so the chances of being invaded by faggot tryhards become higher. Retard.

>summon slut confirmed
>so incapable and week he summons big strong Sunbro to help him out
>they force him on his knee and take his armor off
>Again and again they plunge inside his estus flask until they pour their souls into him
>With his ahegao face he pants, and the summon bro nod
>Another summon slut reduced to his true self.

>pvp cancer can't read

Surprised you even managed to type all that

Not sure what the point of this thread is. DS2 is still the worst game in the series by far unless you're focusing solely on PVP.

U mad?

Epic, well done user, you sure got me

>Second sarcasm post
>He thinks he's clever and witty
Master poster, everyone.

>People start to realize the things the previous game did right
lol you wish. DSII was garbage.

Do you you honestly think if you try and force yourself to like DS3 that will magically become a good game?

because the majority of souls PvP is just min-maxing fags who try to abuse the most broken build/ combat mechanic they can find and DSII has the most of them.

you should learn to read, because I never said anything about 3.

>Love DeS
>Love DaS
>Hate DaS2
>Haven't played BB yet
>Love DaS3
I just don't like it.

You were implying DS3 was better though. Holy shit. You're retarded if you can't understand the implications of shit you post.

no, I wasn't. OP said DSIII would make people realize DSII was good and did a lot of things right. I'm saying that nothing DSIII did could ever make DSII look good.
stay in school, you fucking idiot.

Duel Avelyns, Santier's Spear

>i never watched more than 2 youtube videos of the game but i'll talk as if i know shit about it

Nobody asked for your ranking of the series, attention whores.