Which FE game has your favorite gameplay, and why?

Which FE game has your favorite gameplay, and why?

I love 4's maps. Felt like you were actually waging war rather than going through a few small battles.

PoR/Radiant Dawn. I liked the maps, objectives, and unit selection.

so, will we continue to get Conquest-style games, or have the casuals doomed the series?

We don't know yet. We probably won't know until the next mainline game is announced. I'm not sure how to take the mobile announcement.

I'm bummed that kids and avatar characters have been stated to be series staples from now on, but I can take it as long as the games are good

at least they tried to fix pair up

not sure how to feel about the new weapon triangle though

4's maps are love/hate. It's great how large they are because it adds to the scope of the war that you're waging, but holy shit is it a fucking slog to get your entire army together to engage another army or prepare for the next phase of a map after seizing a castle. I really do love how Genealogy gives you some characters that are overpowered. Half the fun the fun of the game is watching a character like Larcei or Ced curbstomp everyone who gets in their range.

radiant dawn, but I hate everything to do with micaiah.

>not sure how to feel about the new weapon triangle though
I'm okay with it but I'm upset that magic has been nerfed to hell and back and is less diversified. And you mean to tell me with all of the light/dark iconography in Fates, they could have given Hoshido Light magic?

I'm playing though FE4 right now, and it really is a love/hate relationship. It takes forever for enemy turns as well, so if you screw up and reload a save, you've just wasted a shitload of time

which game would you say has the best characters?

Thracia 776. I felt it had some of the best game play, a very complex and fun gameplay system (many of these features would go on to be staples in the series). There was also the ability to capture enemies, rescue allies, dismount from your horse, the ability to escape from battles, and even bonus chapters.

This game was the best one.

Would Beowulf still look so smug if he knew that he is no longer Raquesis' canon husband because of Finnfags?

full translation when?

a bit early, eh Nigger?

I just woke up, and I'm just a little bit hung over. Besides, who says I can't browse Cred Forums before making my threads?

Is he "our guy"?

Did you finish Chapter 1 Endgame? I fell asleep not long after you started the third attempt when Micky got rekt.

Sacred Stones

Good maps
Brought in two choice promotions
Decent characters and supports
Great boss theme
Branching paths; for the price of one game!
Can grind to my leisure if I want
Did a far better job explaining the mechanics of Fire Emblem 7 did in two minutes than FE7's 10 mission tutorial.

Only gripes are that it's a bit too easy even without grinding and too short.

yeah, but I didn't go over the entire post-battle stuff since people wanted me to play soulstorm.

I lost volug and Ilyana

Ephraim is savage and his prf spear is great even in the final chapter.

So the waifu holocaust 2.0 has begun.

SS has some bretty gud characters

you are now in charge of making the next 3ds FE game

what elements do you keep from Fates, what do you take from the rest of the series, and what will the story be like?

>Myrm who isn't edgy
>Flirts with girls like Lewyn before 2nd gen
>that battle quote against Caellach in Eikira's route

Joshua is great.

Keep defensive formation and attack formation.

Introduce abilities that can split up or disposition units like Lunge or Shove.

Bring back light magic and the magic triangle.

Make AI not completely retarded.

Make story not a clichéd moe anime tropefest. I couldn't tell if I was fighting a war or if I had to run to school with toast in my mouth the last 2 FE games.

The turn based one with the grid pattern.

Are you the janitor?