What went right?

What went right?

Other urls found in this thread:

teamliquid.net/forum/starcraft-2/128252-a-short-history-of-activision-blizzard-or-how
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's the 3rd biggest game in it's genre

Fuck off megan, that game sucks

>dead as fuck
>not even Blizzcucks play it

lmao

Absolutely nothing. Complete failure.
More like 4th, and that's still last place in the MOBA race.

Nothing at all.

Shorter rounds
Lack of autistic stat increases that ultimately mean nothing
Better than DOTA and LoL

Seriously what went wrong?

>still no Kel'Thuzad

When will they add the good heroes?

It´s fun if you are new to the genre but feels like a step backwards if you already invested years into other moba games.

>still no Mephisto

Absolutely nothing

>the phrase "stat increase" meaning nothing
>anime picture

this game really is for you.

Worst moba i have ever played, the game is just utterly boring. Its exactly because of all the shared exp etc the game has absolutely no individuality, it feels as if you are just there mashing buttons the entire match. Killing and succeeding does not feel rewarding and dying does not frustrate you at all, you dont even care.

I mean, when there's no build variety you should be able to play whatever you want but god no everything is behind paywall

I thought Smite had 2% of the market share, while HotS had like 7%. What's the 3rd? Bloodline Champions?

Pretty much this. Game's fun but ultimately shallow as a puddle, which is exactly what Blizzard was going for. If you play other mobas it's a downgrade but if you just play this it's alright.

It has a few cool ideas like varied game types/objectives and heroes like Abathur, but they don't really help when the game they're in is so shallow.

absolutely this
i played it and it was like whoever killed those bots they were wining game

isnt this outdated since Inifnite Crisis shut down over a year ago?

it says in 2016, but who knows. I doubt it's accurate since there's no fucking way LoL has that much over Dota 2, the game that had the biggest esports prize pool of all time.

The entirety of DotA 2's prize pool came from the community buying stuff off the marketplace.

Riot's prize pools are typically right out if their own pockets. They don't segregate their revenue sources towards just a single thing.

>The entirety of DotA 2's prize pool came from the community buying stuff off the marketplace.
Which is also right out of their own pockets, because the money comes from selling goods.

You underestimate how big League's playerbase is and how many skins they buy. Dota's big but League has tens of millions of players a day. Also prize pools != market share. In terms of what people are spending money on, it's League. They're apparently going to do their own version of the compendium soon too, finally.

>No Kel'Thuzad
>No Mephisto
>No Baal
>No Prince Aidan/Dark Wanderer
>No Duran
Shit roster/10

>The entirety of DotA 2's prize pool came from the community buying stuff off the marketplace.

Thats not entirely true, pretty sure Valve put up like 2 mil up front and the rest was a percentage from the compendium. The fact that the prize pool got so high does kinda show how big the community is though imo.

How big is their roster anyway?

>Dota fans are this fucking stupid

56, counting Cho'gall as one.

Damn, that's fucking tiny. The game's been out for years; they should have more at this point.

They waste time by giving them all trailers and home screens.

It's been out for a little over a year.

And the best

Also DAY ONE FUCKING SKINS.

No farming.

What is better?
100 heroes with only 20 viable?
or 56 heroes with 50 viable?

Considering "viable" is a fucking meme I'd rather have 100 of something than 56.

>100 heroes with only 20 viable?
Every hero in Dota 2 is viable.

The only place where dota has more players than League is Russia.

Also there was a recent article saying that League has more than 100 million active accounts per month.

The prizepool thing is because Riot are jews. If they were to put out a skin bundle for a bunch of popular champs and add 50% of the revenue from those to the Worlds pool it would easily equal 20m.

upvoted

>easy to learn, difficult to master game mechanics
>short game times 30 mins tops
>great roster of heros from great franchises and imaginative spells for each one
>good ost
>new heroes
>satisfying ragdolls effects and destruction of arena
>doesnt take itself seriously, top bants
>good selection of maps

negative:

-sc2 engine which runs worse than mankind divided on my 1070
-potato teammates more often then not, really need to VOIP with someone you know or a whole team if you can get them because the average player age of this appears to be 8 years old
-heroes and costumes are crazy expensive but you can buy the former with gold you accumulate
-cant communicate with opposite team to call them a bunch of faggots during or after game

>Also there was a recent article saying that League has more than 100 million active accounts per month.
Nobody actually believes that do they? People lie all the time to save face, and since they don't have to prove it their fanboys will do the defending for them. Pic related.

elimination of the boring laning phase. too bad most of the maps suck and the heroes are either too good, or not good enough.

>New content every 3 weeks or so
>Just skins for you to blow all your shekels on.

My biggest complaint. The only effort they put into the game is finding new ways to make money.

>Free maps
Yeah

this desu
Very fun if you have 4 other friends

You are seriously understimating China's playerbase. Those guys have like 9 servers whereas every other region does fine with 1 and a high populated Region such as EU does alright with 2.

Apart from that you can take a look at the amount of ranked accounts for every region except China and there alone you encounter several million active accounts.

They keyword is 'accounts' though, I don't doubt League has 100 million active accounts but there are a good amount of people who play on more than one.

I wish I didn't spend so much time playing LoL, Dota, and HotS all the past few years and just tried out SMITE. It's the best mixture in this cancerous genre. Although I really did enjoy Doto, but holy fucking shit balls it's community is galactic terrible. Irredeemable shit-tier people that just bounce their balls sacks on the keyboards to type while screaming in spanish/russians into the mic with the sounds of a thousand foreigners. Also more baby kids play dota than CoD at this point since it's f2p.

>MOBAs need 100 maps

Stop, goyim

If it weren't for China scumbag devs like Riot and Blizzard would be dead.

Blizzard has literally done nothing wrong

The biggest thing HotS does better than LoL or Dota is average shorter game times, at around 20 minutes usually.

If a game ends at 20 in League, it was incredibly one sided and ended as an act of mercy.

different maps is like the one thing HotS has over other mobas
Sure they're unbalanced as shit but so are mobas in general, it lets the game pretend that it feels different every time

Yup, season 2 is when League took off like a rocket and that was around the time they were bought by Tencent.

I like hots because mobas are not something I'm interested in spending a lot of time on but they're a fun sometimes treat.

I can hop on hots and slam out a couple games then go back to playing a better genre. Or I could play dota constantly to keep up with the meta etc. When I want to play a competitive game I play a fighting game.

>unbalanced
Aren't they all symmetric?

teamliquid.net/forum/starcraft-2/128252-a-short-history-of-activision-blizzard-or-how

fuck you are talking about retard valve puts like 2-3 million from their pocket rest is add but community

I still buy the charactersthey're usually pretty decent looking and Sylvanas is next

Sylvanas has been a top tier ick since her release. Really good and balanced Hero

> will defend this shit to death

Blizzdrone as its finest

>Kil'jaeden and Archimonde still not in

Looks tiny now that I look at it, the game does has tons of reworks pretty often so they feel different each big patch.

The problem is this make older heroes feel even more outdated, diablo is so boring and his talents so uninteresting I rarely see him at all.

I think he meant certain selections of heroes in combination of shit MM in QM and BRONZE HL can make the maps feel pretty one sided and snowbally, not to mention it's so easy to make a come back that even if your team plays perfectly a single mistake from a retard that get carried away can actually easily make you lose the game (or win it).

>not getting her for free by clicking on a ref link
think about it when you spend those 10k gold.

Tyrande

We will have all those eventually

Disinfo the post

>Post TI5 Techies
>Viable

Almost everything, except not hard resetting MMR every season. My smurf is plat 2, but my main account is silver 5. That's a broken mmr system right there.

not nerfing everything into oblivion like LOL does

t-thicc

I got into the beta before anything but QM existed. My mmr was changing is tiny increments by the time you could get real games. I was still diamond hl and masters qm though back in the day but it was definitely frustrating.

problem is silver league are coin toss games, it's useless to communicate and teamplay. The best hero to play is nova, since she is the best solo hero, and will punish all the retards. Just can't get myself to commit to all those nova games *shutter*.

I don't play very often but I played a few games this weekend and got MVP but lost the game. Kind of reminded me of why I don't bother with mobas often.