Nier Automata

Why do the robots need personalities anyway?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/u5xZbJDZZo4
youtube.com/watch?v=0IEbfDtDaUc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why not ?

Sounds like forced plot drama.

It wasn't intended at first. They developed it over time, just like Replicants.

I thought they needed a personality to learn how to fight.

Oh, if you mean YoRHa, then I don't know, they probably will expand on that in the game. I was thinking about Dev and Pop, since it was the OP image.

Devola and Popula are robots?

I'd like to dramatically force myself into their plot.

You haven't played Nier, have you?

I have. I don't remember them to be robots. They had some crazy wizard powers but I didn't think that they are not humans.

The theory is that the personality is there because of combat knowledge. It is unknown if the personality and knowledge are interconnected; so far, it is unknown why they must retain personalities in order to keep knowledge. This is why Taro refused to speak of the androids' gender, since a male personality may inhabit a female body, for example.

They are androids. Pascal, and the enemies of humanity, are the robots.

Bump

A2 > 2B > 9S

They are androids.
As such they need to be adapted to function efficiently in a world that was previously inhabited by humans.

When the aliens were able to take over Earth, why didn't they send some to the Moon to destroy it too?

No

>liking an attention whore that posts selfies

I want 2B to pat my head.

Just look at how adorable this little guy is, he ain't making it to the end of the game.

What are they playing?

Dude, A2 is vitrtually nude. You like that?

She is too cute for this world

She is my wife

That's why she doesn't exist.

No.

Is she going to ride that boar like the slut she is?

I think you mean that the boar should ride her.

Stop posting cute anime girls in this thread, you're using up valuable bandwidth that costs money.

I haven't bought a special edition or whatever for years but I think I will give them my money.

>being poor

Makes two of us. I need them to confirm the US release date, if there is going to be dual audio, and whatever goodies special editions will have. I want that artbook and Nier in a book

What about that demo?

You think you can cuddle with them?

>twincest doujin never

Me too, the last "special" edition I bought was the Demon's Soul one. The artbook was great.

never ever

I hope we get a nice, comfy PS4 theme.

Do they still give out themes for Platting games? I remember Bloodborne did that, even though I never got mine.

It'd be cool if we got a really nice dynamic theme for the Platinum trophy.

so i can fall in love with them

I replayed Nier and the story was so laughably bad it's not strange for people to just talk about who the cutest girl is.

More ?

Are you seriouly believing that setting is the truth? I seriously doubt there are humans or aliens anymore.

Observers probably needed them to manage the replicant communities by blending with them.

YoRHa, we don't know, but that's adressed in the stage play too and even they don't know the answer. There is also the thing that they have never seen an actual human, so the theory that some people has is that YoRHa are actually vessels for the remnant data of Project Gestalt.

youtu.be/u5xZbJDZZo4

I have no idea about the story of this game but the game play looks amazing
Which game in the series should I try first

NieR probably. Gameplay and grpahics are nothing to write about, but the OST, the story and the way to discover what the setting is about are gorgeous.

None of the other games have gameplay as good as this if that's what you're interested in.

Shadowlord is better, that 2nd part blew my mind the first time I heard it

youtube.com/watch?v=0IEbfDtDaUc

How would 2B react if she was told she's cute?

How about 9S?

If Devola and Popola are robots, why did Devola bleed during the fight in Shadowlord castle?

It is said in the interview that 9S and 2B aren't that close, they are not even close enough to be a friend, just acquintances.

What? I knew that, but how is that pertinent to my question?

They are androids to be more specific. The same goes for the Yorha.

Pardon my reading comprehension, user.

Aren't androids just robots with resemblance to human being?

They could have human tissue though, it depends on how they are made.

They probably don't need one but the development of personality could occur through evolution of their AI.

Like this.

She looks so worn out and exhausted.

Arhat doesn't mean she isn't a qt.

They want to add even more animals to ride.

Why can't I just travel with my robot?

You can do both, animal drifting is just a joke.

Why are there three different character designers?

no
9S > 2B > A2

Akihiko Yoshida and his lackeys.

2B > A2 > 9S

9S looks like a faggpt desu. 2B is supremely cuter than anyone else.

they aren't robots m9
they are androids which differ from robots. Androids are meant to act as humans. Robots are not and usually are controlled by humans or set in a extreme certain specific pattern.

Nerd.

>Pascal is going to die saving you
Even the mere thought of it makes me feel sad

The guy who did the other YoRHas is ok, but Devola and Popola look like concept art in comparison and too odd among the other characters

Thankfully their models look very different from the drawings and more in Yoshida's style

Probably going to be announced at PGW with the European release date. The North America one will be announced at PSX. Screencap this

Pascal is a dude, with Aoi Yuuki's voice? this will be awkward

Guys, new update from Nier2.

>Is there meaning in this war…
>A story to rattle your heart – 60fps action

>Powerful Staff Lineup
>Director: Yoko Taro
>Composer: Okabe Keiichi
>Game Designer: Taura Takahisa
>Character Designer: Yoshida Akihiko

>Androids VS Bio-machines

>World & Story
>A world abandoned by man…
>Ravaged by the war between aliens intent on an all-out invasion with their “Bio-machines” and mankind desperate to reclaim the planet with their “androids”, the fierce battle rages on. Civilization across the globe has fallen to ruin. Bio-machines rule each given area of the planet to being about a new world order. Tasked with eliminating the Bio-machine threat, the main character, part of the “YoRHa Squadron”, must battle to recapture the planet.

>Battle System
>60fps, high-speed battle action that both beginner and experienced gamers can enjoy.
>It feels refreshingly comfortable simply to engage in battle.

>Characters
>2B: YoRHa No2 Type B (2B)
>Voice: Ishikawa Yui

>9S: YoRHa No9 Type S (9S)
>Voice: Hanae Natsuki

>A2: YoRHa Type A No2 (A2)
>Voice: Suwa Ayaka

>In a future world of ruin, the fight to the death rages on…

>* Cover design subject to change.

>2B
>cuter than 9S

fite me faggit.

no

bruh if that's the art box then keep it but I highly doubt it will

Actually, one of they key developers said it'd be out before the end of the year

Post cute 9S

Full image where.

Looking forward

beautiful

IS THE MAIN CHARACTER OF THIS GAME FUTA OR NOT

the main character is a machine, meaning, she can be futa if you want her to. just needs some modding.

It's an android, so you could probably modify it to be one

i miss kaine