Same as everyone else who gets patreon

>start off enthusiastic as fuck
>need to make quality videos to sustain yourself
>start patreon
>get money regardless
>ego grows
>i can do whatever i want, still gonna get paid
>go insane

Patreon sucks. Literally EVERY ONE of the content creators i like gets it and then just stops making decent, regular content. It kills your passion when it's meant to do the opposite.

Holy shit, I completely forgot about this guy.

He has had both physical and mental health issues, so I suppose he is keeping it low for now.

>be able to make a living by sitting in front of a camera and talking about D&D or wrestling or shitty movies or videogames for a few hours a week
>fuck it up

did you get banned from Cred Forums?

I sort of made a thread like this the other day but, should people like Spoony be looked after at some point? Hasn't he done enough? How much would you contribute monthly for him to just retire now?

all he does is post on twitter and complain about trump now

mother's basements tend to all look pretty similar

>Literally EVERY ONE of the content creators i like gets it and then just stops making decent, regular content.

mr cat planet cat planet actually upped his content pretty well after getting patreon, and the viewers had to repeatedly tell him that he shouldn't hold himself to that much of a higher standard if it consists of not using a savestate on a bullshit level

Mental Illness

tell me he's not a hillary fag

spoony broke down long before his patreon

sounds like a rare case, never even heard of him

He is educated so he is automatically against Trump.

What's his excuse?

This is the part I don't understand.

all he had to do was talk about the flavor of the month "nerd culture" movie, rant about wrasslin once a month after a ppv. His fans would have eaten that up. It just seems like such minimal effort.

but he's still getting a lot of money for doing literally nothing.

Someone post the webms of him and linkara running fast and flying pls

>has to use a ventilator when he sleeps
>insurance company won't send him his pills on time
>his dick doesn't work anymore so april is getting blacked on the side
>only streams late at night yelling at his fans in the chat when they call him out
>freaks out at getting called worse than DSP in one stream and deletes all evidence of it
>has somehow become worse than when he was spending hours every day pretending to be his dog on twitter
>no game reviews since 2014
>deep in debt while his patreon bux are dropping like a stone

everything went wrong

>complain about trump now
Confirmed for having a mental illness.

>you don't know what I'm going through right now
or something along those lines

He made a joke about rape on twitter and got shit for it. Then he got fired from TGWTG/Channel Awesome and it's just been downhill since then.

>"""""""""""educated""""""""""

>playing swat 4
>i cant remember how to tell my squads to follow me and do shit
>Yellow fall in is literally space bar

It was funny in parts at least.

For the people who get into this situation but mess it up i am sure its due to having never worked a real job before. Which is ultimately due to poor parenting, if his family had ever made him work in his life he would understand how horrible the alternative is and not let this slip away. This is why doug / tgwtg has never washed out yet even though his material is garbage, he worked in a shit tier factory job for years prior to starting channel awesome. Spoony's only job ever was some programming office job for like a week, and even that experience was traumatic enough to inspire him to create a lot of content for years, but ultimately he is the type of person who knows no other way than to blindly let others provide security for him, and assume that they will. These types of people will always continue to test the boundaries of that goodwill as well, how much can they get away with, because they can't conceive that a limit actually exists.

>american education

swat 4 was one of his peaks

his FFX/XIII reviews were funny too even if i don't really agree with him on FFX

>liking ffx

it was mediocre, not the worst that FF has ever done though

The problem with Spoony has always been that he coasted on his past successes.

When he realized that his FF8 video was super popular he tried making those other FF reviews and they always just felt like he was trying too hard. E last good ing he did on his channel was his Ultima series review, and that's because he at least sounded enthusiastic about it.

Basically Spoony realized that he was never gonna make it big on the Internet so he got kinda depressed.

Fair point. Although the education model of America doesn't mean there couldn't be any proper academic institutions there.

>falling into the trap of only comparing ff games to ff games

can't say I disagree with any of what he says about ff games though. real lack of substance and thought put into the storytelling and setting

I think he's on drugs

what a miserable sack of shit

I'm also a Patreon creator, and this shit makes me furious.

Look, deadlines are hard to meet. Shit happens. But come the fuck on -- $5k a month is not a momentum you let slide.

I have manic depression and a good bit of student loan debt. Nothing crippling, but nothing that I want around longer than usual. Suck it the fuck up.

Being able to do this shit is winning the life lottery. We do this so we don't have to work normie jobs, not so we can fail and then be forced into them.

Spoony has always struggled with mental illness and depression, and that's the main reason he doesn't make content like he used to. He is talented and funny, he had a good thing going for a long time, but it caught up with him mainly do to two things:

1. As says, he became very isolated from what was once his peer group when the SJW pantywaists at TGWTG kicked him from the clique.

2. His fanbase are a bunch of dickheads. People act like he owes them videos or something. Also, the way they treat people he collaborates with like shit. That must be pretty demoralizing, to not even like or feel appreciated by the people you're making content for.

Pretty easy to see why he burned out when you see it from his perspective:
>my "friends" want nothing to do with me and my fans suck, fuck this

Compare with Phelous who also got ousted from Channel Awesome over petty drama. Phelous is pretty much doing the exact same thing as always, with no decline in quality or quantity (in fact he's gotten better imo), probably because he's more mentally stable and his fans are considerably more chill.

Damn I used to love Spoony. I still regard his Phantasmagoria 2 LP as some of the best entertainment on the net and I followed him pretty consistently up through the Ultima Retrospective. I even got some enjoyment from a lot of his pro wrestling videos.

I think he needs to just get the fuck off twitter. I haven't checked out what he's doing there in at least 2-3 years but I remember scrolling through hours and hours and hours worth of tweets of him just behaving like a complete tool. He took (what I presume to be) his first breakup very poorly and I think his downward spiral started there. The mental/physical health issues touched on in this thread I can't comment on but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if it turns out he's got some manic-depressive thing going on.

Ashes to ashes and all that, I genuinely enjoyed him for a good long time, but there's better personalities out there now if that's your thing. I'll still look back fondly at him grumbling about playing roshambo with the enemies from Bayou Billy.

>Phelous who also got ousted from Channel Awesome
Missed that what happened? I love hearing all the drama from that website.

>His fanbase are a bunch of dickheads

were a lot of people mad about all the wrestling videos

(cont.) I just scrolled through some of his twitter. It's bad. The same old shit. Just step away from the keyboard Noah, I PROMISE you you'll find better and more constructive things to do.

I'm a little sketchy on the exact details, but IIRC he got screwed over on pay for SFX work he did for To Boldly Flee. That, in addition to other background conflicts between him, Allison (his girlfriend, AKA Obscurus Lupa) and CA management caused both of them to be quietly kicked out and erased from the site like they never existed, Stalin-style. It's screwed up, especially after all Phelous contributed to the operation. He even created the satellite logo they're still using. Fuckers.

I remember him streaming vidya at some point, does he still do that?

Nu-Spoony is so depressing...I used to unironically love his videos. I guess we'll always have Swat 4 and Phantasmagoria r...right?

>all he has to fucking do is ramble in front of a camera about a recent movie/game and most of his fans would be happy

I miss his movie reviews with Miles.

Unless he streams outside of youtube, no. Im still subbed to him for some reason.

(I HEARD that Curtis)

I'm gonna get heat for this, but lackatracy and yms got consistent content after they went patreon

Nico's ass looks nice.

Holy shit what bastards. I hope they can live with themselves after screwing over people so many times.

>People act like he owes them videos or something.

yeah it's not like he was getting paid several thousand dollars a month for this shit or something...

>YMS
>last YMS is almost 3 months old
kek, fuck Spoony and that faggot.

Oh shit, politics!