Fuck this artificial difficulty garbage...

Fuck this artificial difficulty garbage. Let me start off by saying that I've beaten every Souls game (arguably the most difficult and technical game series released) multiple times and on NG+. I consider myself a veteran gamer capable of meeting and conquering every challenge that I'm faced with head on.

I'm convinced the people that "play" this game are just pretending to enjoy it. There's nothing enjoyable about flexing for 10 seconds after being forced to use a healing potion because if one hit doesn't instantly kill you then you're pretty fucking close.

The combat is clunky and the weapons are slow and unresponsive. I can't cancel attack animations and it took me 45 minutes to kill this monster with the great sword because I kept fucking missing.

I thought it was just the melee weapons so I tried range and nope, it's still fucking shit but now you just die way faster! WOOOOOW! EPIC!

Fuck this weeaboo shit and fuck the weeaboos who play it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GRIcUFq4-tw?t=35s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Let me start off by saying that I've beaten every Souls game (arguably the most difficult and technical game series released) multiple times and on NG+. I consider myself a veteran gamer capable of meeting and conquering every challenge that I'm faced with head on.
Obviously not, because you've yet to GIT GUD enough to hunt monsters.
Maybe try a melee weapon other than greatsword, hmm?
If someone whose hands are shot can play through the game and solo grank shit, you should be able to do it easy.
Hit the monster and don't get hit.
And the flexing animation is so that you actually have to think about when and where you heal, rather than just chug and you're good.

So

Monster Hunter thread?

Maybe you should calm down and learn the skills to do the thing properly before you call the thing shit.

Feel free to memorise this and apply it to other challenges you face in life, as I'm sure you're the type of person who feels this way a lot.

GOODBYE BABYFAGGOT
MORE MONSTERS FOR ME TO HUNT

Gen 1 and 2 monsters are shit

Gen is boring already.

Japanese primary school children can beat this game and you can't
How does that make you feel?

Grimclaw 6-10
08-5771-3506-5352

So many people not realising it's pasta in the OP. I forget that Cred Forums is dead and it always upsets me when I get reminded.

Well user did beat Darksouls can't get anymore casual than that.

>Act like a retard
>Everyone treats you like a retard
>I was just pretending!

Or you could try posting some positive OC and not shit on the game so new players might want to experience it.

wow you must be such a cool edgelord faggot

Fuck I don't care if this is worthless bait, I still feel like responding.

>Fuck this artificial difficulty garbage
Having to think about your actions is actual difficulty, not artificial difficulty. Stuff like bloated HP is artificial difficulty.

>(arguably the most difficult and technical game series released)
R1 spamming isn't difficult or technical. Sure, it is harder than your everyday game, but it is about medium in difficulty if you actually play some hard games.

As far as the rest of your complaints, they all pretty much apply to DaS. The only difference is that they feel more important in MH. MH is far more rewarding.

It's bait you fucking retards
Someone post the picture

What are you trying to say, how is that a response or a continuation of the conversation?

I hope I never have to quest with you.

>tfw no mhgenerations on vita

hey op, so embarrassed you're telling people to kill themselves again, huh?

fucking retards can't you tell it's pasta
super kys

speciially you
it's not pretending, it's just pasta
fuck off

>embarrassed
>on an anonymous image board

>act like a retard
>everyone treats you like a retard
> I WAS JUST PRETENDING
>ok retard
>LOL GUYS SERIOUSLY I WAS JOKING OMG LOL KILLYOURSELF LOL

OK, retard, but you first.

That's the point, smarty pants. :^)

>He didn't recognize that one post from an anonymous imageboard some weeks back

KICK HIM OUT OF OUR SPECIAL CLUB

GB2REDDIT RITE GUISE!!!!

kek, this never fails

>same retarded anime-reaction-fag detected

>thinking I'm OP

end your life

Hi, I'm pretty new to the MH series, but I downloaded the demos off the Eshop and I enjoyed them quite a bit. I'll get 4U next week, so before that, any tips for a SS/LS/SA user?
Also, why are the Malfestio and Nargacuga so fucking annyoing?

>never called or suspected you OP, but now I am certain that you are

I greatly enjoyed my time with it, but I'm still hungering for more after high rank.
>at least 2 more years until we get another MH with G rank
Can't wake up.

>keep repeating same phrases
>keep picking on same posts
jesus christ kid, let it fucking go

>never called or suspected
read your own post again

now this faggot throws this nonsense out of his ass

So should I buy Monster Hunter 4 ultimate or generations? Going to get a 2ds soon and want to pick one up. Closest thing I've played is God Eater.

>this mad at an entire imageboard

I hope you get mad enough to have a heart attack or aneurism

>get told
>l-lol you mad
ebin

>this salty Xd
kys

>Soulsbaby encounters an actual challenge

>try to complete HR2 and get to HR3
>everytime there is an HR1 guy that forces the lobby to help him

I just want to kill bigger monsters already

To defeat the monster, you must become the monster
Respect the monster
Observe the monster
Challenge the monster
He might have instakill moves, unfair hitboxes and much more agility. But you have your tactics and your faith. there is no counter to that

Obviously, what you're doing wrong is you're approaching it like a Souls game, when it's not. It's even harder than a Souls game, and rewards mastering it even more than a Souls game. You just need to unlearn Souls, and learn MonHun. Your dodges don't have nearly as many iframes. Get used to it. Or are you some sort of pansy that needs to be invincible the entire animation to dodge? That needs to be able to cancel attacks instead of being able to COMMIT to what they're doing?
GIT
GUD
HIT THE MONSTER, DON'T GET HIT.
THEN HIT IT IN THE FACE WITH ITS OWN FACE

any 4U rooms u- actually, after reading this thread I don't think I want to hunt with you guys

So we're all in agreement that hammer is the best weapon

Any rooms for gen or 4u

I beat both so if you need help i can

OP here, what the fuck.

what a funny way to write gunlance user

OK. So i finally surpased the normal High Rank in Generations, and activated the R series armor.
Do you guys have any suggestion for a good endgame SnS set? I'm currently using Rathalos S with some Ex Rathalos parts.

That's a weird way to write Sword and Shield.

>tfw looking forward to discussion and rooms when entering the thread
>shitposts everywhere

Instead of self-fellating about how terribly this thread started off, anyone wanna hunt some shit?

Just do it yourself

Low rank is so easy that you shouldn't need any help from randos

Yeah, its weird seeing people falling for the angry OP post when it seriously how threads are started since Unite.

If "why is big sword so slow" wasn't a dead giveaway.

Toka armor set

It has
Crit up
Crit Offender (basically 30% affinity)
Element crit

I gemed in tenderizer and use alateron star so i need no razor sharp and with affinity oil its 100% affinity

You could always use Athenas A.S.S. for mixed sets

jokes on you I'm using sns now and loving it
but I'm loyal to my GL

It's not that they're new, it's that their new and stupid.

>any help from randos

o-ok

>Neither Jho or the Tigrex have a mustache

Please.

>that pic
played today for my second time online
why the fuck do you bastards get all them potions holy shit

What game?

Just tell me and make hall

The worst part about monster hunter is the community. This thread is some pretty strong evidence.

>malfestio
Mostly its the status, although after the fighting it a lot in the demo I got used to the reversed controls.

For Longsword just try to avoid doing your attacks that have a wide range in multiplayer.

some threads need a little shitposting fuel

post room, ill help you get to bigger monsters

what game, though?

generations
but can't play right now, sorry
thanks anons

The general rule of Online MonHun is to solo Low rank and high rank, G rank can be done online if you are not that gud.

>be sns user
>hunt with a LS user and a hammer user
>they trip me like it's the end of the world
>try to reposition
>can't escape
>mfw

the general rule of online monhun is to do whatever the fuck you want once you get green sharpness and get out of beginner armour

I used SnS all through 4U. It is the best. Started picking up bow at the tail end because fuck fighting gravy, decided to keep going with it in Gen.
>captcha is drome lane

how's bow in gen? I used HBG in 4U when using ranged weapons but barely used bow, and I'm still undecided between ranged weapons in generations

sure thing scrub

Either or, really. 4U is longer, Gen is newer.
Same general principle as GE, way different approach.
Combat in MH is a lot slower and more deliberate than GE, more waiting for openings.
There are faaaar fewer quality of life things, unfortunately, but a higher variety of monsters to hunt (but the hitboxes are nowheres near as tight as in GE)
Almost all weapons need you to be sheathed to use items, with the exception of SnS

I can see why the more recent Monster Hunter threads have to put "Monster Hunter Thread" in spoilers. Maybe you guys should lurk a while first.

MHO WORLDWIDE FUCKING WHEN
ITS LIKE THEY HATE MONEY

I unironically think this game is shit because its boring. Not sure why people think its hard but it certainly is boring and reptitive. I literally have a fun-er time playing Musou's then this garbage because it actually feels challenging then artificial difficulty the game since your just fighting against the shitty controls not the actual monsters.

There is one good bow and one good bow style. And one good bow art
With them you are a machine gun of explosions. Unfortunately, it's kinda...cookie cutter.
I wish the other arts/styles were better. And that there wasn't such a blatantly overpowered bow (but ffff it makes things explode all the damn time and that's just fun)

What went wrong?

wat bow

Giving it subspecies.
Bow of Hope and Valor, Teostra's bow. High damage, blast, slots, no downsides, good shot pattern.

Hotboxes are insanely tight on monsters since 3rd gen, also there's hardly any aoe attacks compared to GE.

Also, what QoL things are there in GE besides crafting gear from boxes and ending missions early?

GE you can duck under attacks despite having 0 iframes, just because the model fits under the enemy's attack model.
And shit like being able to refine lowrank mats into higher rank ones and vice versa (if you've gotten it before), just getting all your carves at once (because no shit you're going to want to get all of them), having a system like the VE tickets that works for ANY item and from your box, not making you combine for your megapotion equivalent once it becomes reasonable to be using them (you can just buy the damn things), letting items stack beyond 99 in the box so you never really have to worry about item management, the charm equivalents being given out 3x every mission instead of gathered (and the melding equivalent being just something done in menu at the box instead of WAIT A MISSION and possibly needing various items)

The ducking thing applies to mh too, prowlers and hunters crouching can often avoid high swiping attacks from enemies.

Forgot one of the ones I really miss when playing MH.
The fact that it just TELLS YOU when something's broken. Especially since some of the breaks in MH aren't the biggest change, or you need multiple breaks to count as Broken for rewards purposes, and don't always manage to notice the breaking animation for various reasons.

Did Seltas Queen have that water absorbing effect in 4U?

Note: zero iframes.
I enjoy both games, for different reasons. I just wish MonHun would up its game in regards to QoL stuff

One of the very satisfying things about MH is breaking all of a monster's parts. The noise combined with the flinch is usually a tell, and if you're breaking a specific part then you should be paying enough attention to notice the change in appearance.

Not to say that it wouldn't be useful, but so would seeing a monster's health, and that's something I would never want to see in an MH game.

What's the most satisfying monster part to break? My vote would probably go to Barroth Scalp or maybe Uragaan Jaw

>get around to making Gendrome SnS
>tfw at least three paralysis and two KOs every hunt
This shit's retarded.

I sincerely hope people are ironically pretending to have been baited

Honestly?
Gypceros' crest. Just because of what happens afterwards.
Never gets old.

I see you've never fought a Purple Gypceros.

It helps me to relieve stress.

didn't they remove paralysis options from dual blades because they were just like that in 4?
now that shit's retarded

I have though, what makes you think otherwise?

I legitimately cannot remember anything different about purple gypceros because I've never had any reason to hunt the thing more than maybe twice and it dies quickly

Does it do the thing that G rank gypceros did in FU when you broke the crest?

Because ordinarily Gypceros will just attempt to flash and nothing will happen and it'll just look retarded. Purple Gypceros will instead release a huge cloud of deadly poison.

And what I was talking about was the 'attempt to flash and look retarded' thing
It's amusing watching it make a big production and then...nothing.

Yeah I figured. That said while I like the old swamp music I don't miss Purple Gypceros, he was one of the weaker recolors.

Note: zero i-frames.
In Gen 2.

youtu.be/GRIcUFq4-tw?t=35s

Hey cat user, are you enjoying generations?
How's your progress?

>great sword
theres your problem, its fucking shit

finished village quests, and HR2 online
I wish it was harder
but it's fun

Was MHFU the hardest? maybe because it was my first monhun but it kicked my ass all day, fucking Plesioth.

Unforgiving hitboxes, clunkier controls, and less helpful mechanics like exhaust mode alongside a G-rank does make it feel harder than some of the more recent entries.

LS user I can kind of understand, but there's no fucking excuse for a hammer user to be tripping, especially in generations

>scrub
Solo monster hunter is both easymode and fucking boring

it's like playing PSO by yourself FFS

I know this is old kopipe but AT LEAST have the decency to post a pic of Freedom Unite, instead of that lockon casualfest u got there.

>being this anal flustered at being flushed out

don't you have a Cred Forums pass to show off?

Holy fuck the newfaggotry

I don't want to stay here anymore

bye

bye

Are any of the newer games playable on emulators yet, or will I have to stick with portable 3rd still?

>(arguably the most difficult and technical game series released)
retard

Trying to rank up guild quests in 4u is suffering. Either its god damn third worlders or some random HR 999 shmuck who is juicing low combat

>HR 999 players who purposely join groups with really low HR players and act like they're above it all
>Constantly tell everyone what to do, even if we were faring just fine before their arrival
>Basically try to carry everyone in the room with their super ultra mega G-rank armor and weapons with a dozen armor skills, leaving no room for trial and error or any semblance of a learning curve against the monsters we've been fighting

I hate this shit.

>Not solo hunting at all times

dddd

I do solo in 3U almost ritualistically, but when I go online, sometimes I just run into people with massive egos. I don't like playing MH on handhelds because of the tiny screen.

In fact, I went into a room once where some high HR cunt kept talking shit about the armor of the room host while they were trying to hunt Ivory Lagiacrus, and she wouldn't fuck off about it.

The room host didn't even play badly, and I don't recall him carting a single time in those dozen or so quests I had with him despite having supposedly "shit armor".

>he isn't a solo hunter

I am though, for the most part.