Is Kingdom Hearts the most pretentious non-David Cage game series of all time?

Is Kingdom Hearts the most pretentious non-David Cage game series of all time?

Kingdom Hearts II had a scene where Mickey Mouse got pissed off because he thought Goofy died.

Pretentious doesn't mean "I didn't get it". It has a shitty convoluted story but it's not pretentious.

Ivalice games (FFT, FFXII, Vagrant Story) are the most pretentious piles of shit ever made.

Fuck these games and fuck their obnoxious fanbase.

No, FFXIII is.

This. The story is anything but pretentious. It is merely weird due to the many additions since the first title, and because of vague terminology like "heart" and "soul."

Kingdom Hearts II had a magical mermaid musical minigame.

I don't think you know what pretentious means.

This guy is right - in what way is Kingdom Hearts pretentious?

David Cage is fucking pretentious because he says shit like "game over is a failure of the designer" and he thinks he's so clever when he shows up to Ellen Page's house with a shitload of her baby pictures and does weird nude scenes to make gamers uncomfortable when really he's just a pervert

i still love his games tho

>disney x final fantasy
it is like a shittier tails gets trolled. bring back billy zane.

without googling, i want you to define pretentious for me

Well for starters theres quotes like "Kingdom Hearts is light" "Where there's Darkness there is light" "You can't have light without darkness" Blah blah blah blah blah ...

I will say its not the MOST pretentious outside of David Cage, that honor goes to The Witness and its philosophical nonsense thrown all over the game that doesn't weave into the gameplay at all.

Pretentious? Name one thing that's pretentious about KH. Ironically it's you who's being pretentious.

>mfw someone told me that CoM was good near me

Death is all I want.
It's all I need.
It's all I have.

Wew, this thread brought out all the KH defeners.

Maybe it's not the most pretentious series, but it's certainly up there, what with its convoluted plot that strives to be meaningful and 2deep4u platitudes about darkness and light.
is right.

A lot (not all) of the audio logs in The Witness directly correlated with either the puzzles around them or the general themes of the game. I'm not going to say it was brilliant or anything but he didn't just throw random shit in to look smart.

For a game that has Donald, Goofy and a bunch of other Disney characters, it sure is more complicated and convoluted than it should be

Or, you know, people don't think it's pretentious? That's also a possibility.

No that title goes to the souls/BB franchise

I beg to differ

>game is shit lel xd
>actually it's pretty good
>whoa there didn't meant to rattle the defense crew guess y'all are real sensitive lmao

>KH defender
>asking a simple question
I'm just confused by the criticism. Convoluted (for the later titles at least), yes. Nostalgia baiting, yes. Pretentious? How?

The light and dark speech is too simple to be pretentious imo. May as well say the idea of the dark side is pretentious.

>(not all)

I think "fucking retarded" are better words to describe it.

Don't know what you're talking about OP but I really enjoyed the first kingdom hearts, the second one felt kinda lame.

Best writingin the series

Daily reminder that KH1FM, KH2FM, RE:Coded and COM are the only good games in the series.
The rest goes from okay to trash.

>light and darkness speech is pretentious now
What the fuck? They're talking about literal darkness here, none of this "the evil in all men," bullshit.

>cringe everywhere
>gameplay is 10/10 on"Hard" Mode or above

Well shit. At least the music is good too.