Why haven't you made a game, user?

Why haven't you made a game, user?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCEIxlUm43rZpA_UxGXB2PAA
kickstarter.com/projects/1649966326/antraxx-multiplayer-arcade-mech-shooter
newgrounds.com/portal/view/665676
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Well I'm trying but I've since committed myself to other things and don't have as much time to work on it anymore, in fact I haven't worked on it at all these past few weeks. I must be some kind of masochist to keep torturing myself like this.

I like playing games and have never wanted to make one

I'm more of a story and idea kind of guy.

Because programming is fucking retarded

>tfw too smart to program

Because I'm a banker, not a video game developer.

naomi watts is cuter

I honestly don't care about making games, just playing them.

Because one person alone can't develop a game worth playing and I don't care about video games enough to risk starting up a development team and working for years to get the money and manpower to make something decent.

Huh.

>manlet
>tfw no tall amazonian girl to fuck
I have no idea why all fags want to bang midgets these days, no one tries with tall girls anymore.

I make pixel art, I don't make the game itself

My nigga. You been meeting your moral hazard quotas to fuck up the lives of the commoners?

too hard not smart enough and i dont have the motivation to play video games let alone make them

but i already made a game

Hey Phil

Because webdev is where the money is.

Who?
I'm just some user you silly

i can't think of a story for one

I did back in highschool.

Nearly ten years ago

>pixelshit
Proves my point.

I like playing games, having to make one would take all the fun out of it

>like movies
>why havent you made a film
>like reading
>why havent you written a book
>like travelling
>why havent you built an aeroplane

still in process

>webdev is where the money is
fucking
kek

what's it like knowing pajeet can do your job better than you can?

I work in at a community bank, you fuck. We've only had to do three foreclosures in the bank's ten year existence.

Phil Fish. Y'know, "developer" of Fez? Didn't do any of the actual coding himself, just did all of the pixel art.

It's a good game.

he's not wrong though
webdev is a fucking mess but it's easy to make money in
the fact that a pajeet with an IQ of 80 can work in it AND make money should tell you everything about the field

It's really fucking hard and time consuming and I can't produce music or create 3D models and I have no sense of general visual style at all. I have programming experience but that only really gets me as far as making a fucking text-based adventure game since I can't create worthwhile visual assets.

I did. With RPG Maker 2000. It was horrible, horrible, horrible. Basically it was "The dankest memes of 2005" - The Game PLUS even more popular culture references. The game's story was Hitler's rise to power, as he formed a rag-tag band of outcasts to seize power in Berlin.
It had a moral that said nazis are bad, mkay?

im making a meme games because i want autismbux

not him, but the art and level design are 80% of the value of the game. a game with the same engine and shit design would be shit, while a game by Phil with a simple platforming engine would be 80% as good.

Started using UE4 recently. Figured it would be really easy to make a lot of actions for the player so that at least there will be enough stuff to experiment with. Then I found out that to make anything new you have to actually know how to program shit and know how the base engine works. I'm disappointed but I'll keep going because what I was able to do I did enjoy.

oh shit, forgot about that fucker
his pixel art is mediocre anyways

yes, it does
it tells me that it's an extremely insecure job that might pay well but probably won't last long either

Well user, what's your fucking excuse?

I'll have time to make vidya once hiro shuts down Cred Forums

Well?
Why haven't you?

So you wanted to make crysis

>Can't code for shit
>Can't pixel art for shit
>Can't music for shit
>Not even good ideas(?)

But I don't really care about game making tho, I just wanna play the god damn games.

All my game ideas are far too ambitious or use IPs I'll never have enough money to work with. I'm not one of those faggots that's content with making some simple pixel art puzzle game. I have grandiose visions that I'll never realize. Even two of my more grounded ideas are still years of solo work just to get the groundwork running.

I'm a victim of my own grand perfectionist visions. Even if I were to head development of a game and it was made 100% as I imagine I'd likely still be disappointed with it.

Like a lot of things, I'm afraid of commitment.

...so the kinda guy who'd you expect to be making games?

Time to get into marketing!

>baww it's hard

The fuck?

Forget worrying about making something worthwhile and just make stuff, developing games is quite possibly the most fulfilling pursuit you could have in life, the sheer amount of incredible stuff you get to study, experiment and explore along the way.

ugh yeah but it's a lot of work I'd rather not bother

I wanna compose the music for a video game some day. I left the piano three years ago and only recently been retaking it, so maybe in a year or two I'll be able to compose for a shitty low-budget video game, and I think that that is pretty cool!

My standards for what is a good indie game exceed my capabilities as a programmer.

Some people don't care about it as much as you do and they have the same amounts of interest in other areas.

WarioWare D.I.Y keep the game making itch away just right.

>once hiro shuts down Cred Forums

huh?

How easy is it?

I am OK - g-gosh! ;_;

this. I'm working on one now, and gone through dozens of iterations of planning a feature at least as good as the best current implementation among indie games, then nearly scrapped it because it seemed not good enough.

the issue is, working on one game for too long is like playing one game too many times repeatedly: it gets boring and predictable as fuck, and makes it hard to evaluate how fun/good any aspect is. the only way to avoid this is to keep working on different parts and not get hung up over any one for too long.

I would fucking love to smell her feet while she rides my cock

Man have you ever seen the kind of code Pajeets shit out?

>Tfw my Zelda clone is actually going places
You rack disciprine

>*breath in*
>boi

>I have made a full film with buddies
>I have written a book
>I am currently making a vidya game

Is this girl making a game in itunes?

Stop talking like a 12 year old, you're making me want this place to die.

was it fun?

B-but its our culture!

Well memed fag

Actually no. A first person cuhrayzee was the idea.

>stop talking like i dont talk

>facebook memes
Fuck it. Shut her down, Hiro. Nothing left here.

don't give up. got a blog/itch page to follow?
i love cuhrayzee

I'm coding right the fuck now.
If all goes smoothly I'll have made a 3d game engine from scratch.

The formulas are so simple that I suspect it either won't work or it would take a normal human 3 minutes to make, while it's taking me so long only because I hate maths and maths hates me.

You can try my youtube channel. If it ever comes to something that I feel could be released publically I'll probably post a video about it. That could take months, so don't hold your breath. I need to do a lot of tutorials on the engine and how to create new moves and give them properties like I-frames, cancels, etc. before I'm able to actually start on the project. The current plan is to just make as much moves as I can think of with each a different function, and make a bloody palace type thing. If it turns out well enough I'll think about designing a game around it.

youtube.com/channel/UCEIxlUm43rZpA_UxGXB2PAA

I started on Friday. It's a really, really bad 2D platformer so far, but I'm only making it as an in-joke between my friends and I, so I'm not really going for top quality.

I also posted the wrong webm. Here's the correct one.

I want to make a Fallout 2-esque sci-fi RPG. It's set in the future where brain re-programming tech is all over. Initially it was used to treat mental illness, then the government started using it on criminals as an alternative to jail time by putting "blocks" on convicts' behavior. Then it was released to public so people could pay to get more intelligent, more confident, better memory, etc.

Combat would be on a bit of a larger scale, kind of halfway between Fallout and Fire Emblem. You'd have up to 4 companions with you at a time, some geared toward engaging groups and others toward picking off the enemy one by one. Instead of taking turns one-by-one like in FO you do your entire team's turn at once.

The main character is a freelance merc who got set up on a job and is looking for the person who hired him/her. In character gen you pick what job you were doing, and that gives you one of six handicaps based on the personality block you get. For example, if your crime was fraud your block prevents you from lying, so you need more information to be able to do some speech checks so you can do it without violating your programming.

Some party members include:
>A bounty hunter who was falsely accused of rape in college and now has a block that suppresses his sexuality and a pathological distrust of women
>A woman whose brain rejected her programming and made her an unstable berserker
>A government sleeper agent with the alternate personality of an innocent college student in her head, who takes over when she's off duty
>A "reset" whose entire personality was blocked because of his crimes, making him basically a robot (you can restore his personality in a quest)

the whole process of making a movie from start to finish was pretty fun
although I never want to do that with teenagers ever again. they fool around too much.

making a book was not that fun. the whole having to write a shitload is pretty hard. but having your own world come to life is pretty satisfying.

when I started to dabble in video game making, I get so disillusioned about vidyia that I couldn't play anything for quite some while.

right on. Another user is working on a thps/cuhrayzee game using unreal engine you might want to check out called mayhem league. I'll track your channel. good luck

so basically XCom Ufo Defence with a different story?

I think I've seen that in the /cgg/ threads. I'll hit him up. he might be able to help out since he most likely has the knowledge already.

I want to work on simple to use and pretty web frameworks to leave free lancers webdevs on the streets

This is my purpose in life

I've never played Xcom so I dunno

When you work as a programmer the last thing you want to do when you get home is more programming.

That said I really should finish my ray casting game engine.

>extremely insecure job
wut. If anything theres a huge shortage of web devs. Took me 2 weeks to get a decent paying job.

i have, its on kickstarter right now

kickstarter.com/projects/1649966326/antraxx-multiplayer-arcade-mech-shooter

and greenlight

>pic related

who is that female in the pic OP?

Use blueprints. Look up Lost Soul Aside, the dev stated that he made it purely using blueprints because he mainly is an artist. Shows you how far you can get without knowing how to program I guess.

looks nice, it'll probably be dead quick, tho

depends how much effort they put into community management

multiplayer may die out, hopefully not with correct management and traffic acquisition - as well as giving incentive for players to come back

we also want to do a singleplayer campaign, but that will cost quite a bit to produce

Because I'm busy filming transformers 5

But I have made a game, it is called Platform Masters, you might have heard of it. I am currently expecting to release it to the public in a couple of months after taking a long hiatus.

never heard of it m8 0/10

I am making a prototype for my eyedeas, but I put school above that for now so I've been busy with that for today.

Did make some progress yesterday though and I have another day off tomorrow so I intend to use that day to work on it a lot more and also to watch 1-2 episodes of Game of Thrones with my Mom.

but I have
>newgrounds.com/portal/view/665676

Working on more stuff, but on a slow pace currently....

Wasn't that pure automatic combos? Still it might be interesting regardless and it proves that a lot is possible with just blueprints. Thanks for the info. It is motivating.

I used to want to make games but then I found out becoming a web developer and landing a job working for a soulless corporation I don't give a damn about is allot easier and far more profitable.

Cuz I'm not a programmer. I just play them.

3d Madness?!

I am working on a game! I took a big break but I've been back a while working on implementing major features and the UI. I made most of the hat menu today.