How is Amazon not loosing a whole bunch of money?

How is Amazon not loosing a whole bunch of money?

why would they be losing money? This seems like a thing that would draw in more customers.

They are giving $5 to twitch channels for subscriptions. So Twitch is eating that loss?

why would they be losing money?

People with the sub button only get half of the subscription fee. The more subs a person has, the more money they get, so people with 2-4k subs get like $3.5 of the $5.

well amazon owns twitch, so I'm guessing they were getting a cut of that money in the first place.

Dosen't Amazon own Twitch now? And this promotion is a good way to market this deal to consumers.

What

OP here I didnt know Amazon bought Twitch. Sorry.

no worries dude. Hope that explains things a bit for you.

lol they have billions they prolly give up a million or 2 at best a year from this

So ummm who did you all subscribe to huh? (pic better be related)

maybe you should do your research instead of just shitposting, faggot.

choke on a dick faggot. they are still losing money

So can someone explain how This even works

Not that user but companies do shit like this all the time. Give away something for free in order to gain customers or sell you on features later. If anything this deal is enticing more gamers to subscribe to Prime so they can get their free monthly sub and their Funko Pop figures in two days with free shipping, so Amazon will still come out ahead in the long run.

Can't believe the multi billion dollar ecommerce giant Amazon would make such a huge oversight. They should hire you as a financial advisor.

Amazon owns everything, or is en route to owning everything.

It's going to be them and Google that decide the landscape of next decade's internet.

how much money are they losing? you seem to know a lot about this.

Amazon and Walmart are gonna own the world.

>tfw favorite streamer is non-partnered and can't give them a free sub

What is this month's gamer loot?

>not subbing to mega64

Wal-Mart is losing money badly, right? Didn't they get did of 100s of thousands of jobs?

they invested a lot of money in a thing called a dictionary and learned how to spell simple words like 'lose' and losing'

They are not giving away $5, they are giving away $2.5 with each sub
Prime is a service with barely any maintenance cost, they are basically getting money for free with each Amazon Prime. They also get money for free with each sub, since whatever sub icons and emojis streamers make will not make a dent in server costs.

love mega 64 but i hate derrick's attitude so i'm not using my free sub on them

same. derrick doesnt like a thing i like. fuck him

I actually like a lot of the same things Derrick likes. I was on demon mythology literature binge the same time as he was which weirded me out, I just don't like his attitude.

Twitch Prime is going to turn around any potential money draining that Twitch holds over Amazon.

>If you sign up to Amazon Prime you get limited time exclusive cosmetics in various games every month
>Able to subscribe to a streamer once per month for free, the streamer still gets paid

Three of the four games they chose for this month are popular free to play titles, Hearthstone, Smite and Paladins.

I gave it to a buddy of mine who is pretty small-time.

Kaceytron

>loosing

t. Petty

Papa Mang0

How many people here have actually subscribed to Amazon Prime since the announcement of Twitch Prime?

That's literally why he made the thread you self-hating faggot. People can't ask questions or try to get informed here? Do you just want anger and shit throwing? Moron.

I was in the middle of my free month that I used to get dragon quest 7 faster. I already canceled my subscription, but I still got the hearthstone skin.

user YOU'RE LOOSING IT CALM DOWN!

He's the funniest one in the MEGA64 crew

>Sorry! Twitch Prime isn’t available in your country.

Saddler?

only correct answer of course

reveangence, sunshine and spoopy october is comfy af