Opinion Thread

Why this game was bad?

Why this game was good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=houDtgBNPCA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Why this game was bad?
Because it was fucking garbage, why does this need to be explained?
>Why this game was good?
Don't know, never played it.

The gameplay's fun. It controls very well, it plays very smooth.

The story's fucking retarded though. I want to go back to it, but the story is so garbage, it makes me vomit just thinking about it.

>bad
Story was, well, it was something
>good
Gameplay was pretty fun

bad:
>story was hard to follow and filled with convuluted plot twists for no reason ie: KOJIMA

good:
>polished gameplay and superior ai to the previous games.
>spinoff coming out
>pitting people against each other online to make an actual war environment is neat.

Literally Cred Forums the post

Bad in the sense that the thematic elements of the story are kept as subtle as possible.
Good in how it takes us in a retrospective of Big Boss' legacy outside of Big Boss' point of View
Good in the gameplay though I wish guards reacted way faster.
Good in how it shows Naked Snake's corruption in the most subtle way possible with him re-enacting the betrayal of the Boss that led to his desire to protect soldiers in the first place

youtube.com/watch?v=houDtgBNPCA
This video sums up my opinion on it very well.

>some people unironically loved the jeep scene

I like the settings, love the gameplay and the fact that you'll always be presented with new excuses to continue playing and replaying content (first you just wanna complete the story, next you want to find some better soldiers to level up your teams, next you wanna collect tons of containers to upgrade shit etc etc.) but the story is objectively absolutely ass. The game's focus is on everything and anything else rather than the story.

Good:
Excellent gameplay
Fantastic Music
Great presentation
Just polished in general.

Bad:
Shitty bossfights
Open World and non-linear structure hurts the story

Pretty sure thats the joke friendo

>Why this game was bad?
The Second Chapter
>Why this game was good?
The first chapter

good
>a metal gear game with cowadoody gameplay
>sandbox fun with explosives and teleporters
>kojima's bullshit tech is so extra and useless i love it. who would ever use the box as a sled lmao?

bad
>like 10 minutes in the story just ended
>skullface wore a mask like he was going to a masquerade ball
>parasites, which made less sense than nanomachines and werent nearly as cool as bioshock slugs
>the same 2 missions over and over in the same 2 maps
>ocelot wasnt homoerotic whatsoever, miller was off the chain, quiet was just that

I just started playing it last week. On mission 19. I can't stop playing this game. I haven't been addicted to a game like this in a long time. The skulls/zombies are kind of retarded but that's my only complaint so far.

>Bad
Story tried to do too much shit that ended up being irrelevant. Also did not have a real conclusion to the main storyline. The story also really fucking sucked, and the campiness of the story REALLY shined through since it was trying to present itself as a realistic movie-like story, unlike other MGS games. It could have told exactly what it meant to tell much better without using the nonlinear story.

The trailers hyped me and everyone else up too much and we ended up getting blueballed by this mumblefuck of a story.
>Good
The stealth gameplay was some of the best in the series, in my opinion, and the gunplay and movement felt really nice.

Bad:
>More story shown in the trailers than actually in the game
>Miller was the only interesting character, all others were boring as shit
>Parasites are an even more retarded mcguffin than nanomachines
>Skull Face is a letdown
>Chapter 2 is a grindfest just to get a dumb twist
>Open world is mostly empty
>Mobile game wait times on R&D
>Nothing to do in Mother Base
>Tapes are a bad replacement for codec
>Lackluster soundtrack

Good:
>Core stealth gameplay is very refined
>Buttery smooth controls
>Tranq pistol is somewhat balanced this time
>Graphics
>Well optimized
>Import your own music

>The second chapter is bad meme.

How to spot a pleb.

It's absolutely necessary to the "Phantom Pain" theme of the story.

Bad
>story's purpose is to show zero dindu nuffin and that there were 2 big bosses
>repetitive missions
>few boss fights
>snake doesnt talk much and is the most boring iteration of him in the series
>no readon to do missions in daytime
>quiet is OP

Good
>many ways to solve most missions
>good gameplay
>quiet is interesting
>upgradeable gadgets

This.

Gameplay was amazing, mgs4+peace walker perfected, Story was disappointing, we were promised "why big boss became the villain" it was "how some poor guy had his life ruined"

I'd improve it with a dozen of boss fights, a skullface boss fight, new comrades, a hard mode that means something, a final chapter when you met competitors who does horrible things and try to stop them before discovering it's big boss himself and you have to bail out and close diamond dogs

>how to spot a Kojima apologist
Just because a certain part of the game sucks ass doesn't necessarily mean Kojima wanted it to suck ass.

>they made the game shitty because it fit the theme
whatever you say mang

>meme

>BOSS GO DO THE SAME FOUR MISSIONS OVER AND OVER IN AFRICA

OH YEAH QUIET LEAVES LOL HAVE FUN WITHOUT YOUR BUDDY
OH YEAH LOL THE KIDS TOOK THE METAL GEAR
WE'RE NOT GOING TO TALK ABOUT THAT EVER AGAIN THOUGH

OH YEAH LOL YOURE NOT BIG BOSS HAHA

Nothing about Chapter 2 sucks ass.

It shows the hollow aftermath of revenge perfectly.

>bad
Story was meh compared to other MGS games

>good
Some of the best stealth gameplay of all time

>It shows the hollow aftermath of revenge perfectly.

Chapter 2 is an unfun grind and you know it, all it did was add more loose ends. inb4 "it was supposed to bad and unfinished so you felt muh phantum payne"

>Because I wasn't in it

>people steal and post pics I post

Bad because of Quiet

Yeah, the aftermath of revenge is perfectly represented by going back in time and doing the same shit over with higher difficulty. I mean, the fuck man, they could've at least cut out the fucking cutscenes in [EXTREME] Metallic Archaea, it's just so god damned lazy. Why can't I play any story mission I want in extreme or subsistence mode?

Good because of Quiet

>hated for being somber drama rather than a spectacle
>hated for arbitrary autistic reasons like ooc and casting
>hated for what it isnt rather than what it is

MGSV is literally the BvS of video games

Why the fuck do faggots on Cred Forums defend BvS? It's badly written, and shits all over source material. Nobody cares that it's dark, people loved Nolan Batman.

And there's tons of reasons MGSV gets shit outside of ooc and casting which wasn't even bad imo, just scroll up and read.

This

mgs6 when?

have sex