Honestly, why do people find this guy so hard?

Honestly, why do people find this guy so hard?

>predictable moveset
>slow as fuck
>easy to dodge

Is it just a meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HQsMPf3FK4o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No.
People only thought Fume Knight was hard when DS2 first came out, and nobody realized that Agility was tied to iframes

youtube.com/watch?v=HQsMPf3FK4o
He's insanely hard, just watch

>When DS2 first came out
>Crown of the Old Iron King

>people thought a DLC boss was hard when the game first came out

SotFS

>Those guys who study youtube videos and wiki walkthroughs, summon for help and then go "why do people find this hard?"

DaS2 fags never played Bloodborne

>bloodborne
>hard

It's because of the dissonance between his hitboxes and iframes and the animations, and accentuated by the fact that almost all of his moves deal very high damage per hit.

Still a great boss.

SotFS was not "when DaS2 first came out."
People were very familiar with the mechanics by then.

>doing it the hard way

You can just parry him for a visceral, and then do a charged attack for a backstab visceral when he's standing back up

>Not playing blind for the first time.
Wiki faggots please leave.

>parry

He's Circle Left: The Boss, but if he hits you, you fucking die.

DS2's DLCs were too good. If the developers added them into the original base game and cut off the horrible areas like No Man's Wharf and Harvest Valley, the game wouldn't receive the shit that it constantly gets as contender for the worst Souls entry.

Dual wield rapiers + Leo ring.

If you ever heard of the term "phantom range", he is the epitome of that. As other anons have pointed out, you can just circle left and dodge his easily telegraphed attacks. But for some fucking reason that greatsword can smack your shit in from across the room.

I don't care if you do it with your gun, it's still a parry

you forgot tic damage if you block

they probably deliberately made him a "dodge only" boss when it came to his attacks

That's an enemy from the fourth level.

Because he's surprisingly kinda good. It throws people off. His animations make sense, they don't have dumb delays to trip up your dodge timing (The shortsword is reliably fast, the 1-handed greatsword has a reliable delay because it's heavy). He doesn't do a lot of the dumb "charged" attacks that Alonne has, he's just a good fair fight.

I had trouble with him, but he pretty predictable

I've never beaten him

It's that AoE explosion that I just find impossible to dodge. And I've only cared enough about DaS2 to get that far with one character.

>A good boss constitutes for a good DLC

Nope, even if you did include all the DLC in the base game it'd still have the absolute worst aesthetics, mediocre soundtrack, and worst level design.

Shooting something to stagger it (what the game itself calls the action) is not the same thing as parrying, you uneducated, underclass animal.

You don't know what a meme is fuck off you cunt.

>he does that slow ass dark fire greatsword sweep
>circle counterclockwise, then roll to the other side through the sword
>fine
>decide to roll back instead, just out of range
>hit for 3/4 your HP and flung across the room
FROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Scrub can't even avoid the shockwaves.

Are you redditarded and think everything is a meme?

Nigga what the fuck are you talking about

Most people had finished DaS2 before the DLCs were even announced. They had done their blind playthrough before they even knew Fume Knight was a thing that existed. Also, not knowing basic game mechanics and what stats do is not what a blind playthrough is for. Most people's experience would probably have been improved if someone told them about Adaptability before playing DaS2, or Poise before DaS3.

>His body becomes a hitbox

That's some fucking dank game design

The dlc doesn't even have good bosses. It has 3 swordguys with similar movesets, a shitty knockoff kalameet that spends more time flying around like an asshole, a gank squad and lmao 2cat.

I can't even remember the rest

TRIPLE A
R
I
P
L
E

A

>Most people had finished DaS2 before the DLCs were even announced.

I don't think so.
I think a lot of people heard that DaS2 was hot garbage, so they waited and played SotFS in hopes that some of the problems were fixed.

Say what you want about ds2. No other souls game has ever let me be as powerful of a fist wizard

as I recall he had billion HP and killed you in two hits. The fight was simply an endurance challenge as you had to consistently mash that roll button for 15 minutes straight with barely any room for mistakes

>shows a random enemy at an early stage in the game.

You sure showed him

DS2 had so many hitbox issues it was fucking unreal. Almost every enemy could still hurt you even when they're not attacking, such as during their recovery animations, or just from touching their body while their weapon is swinging.

The most annoying were the ogres with their lethal asses, and those faggot ass lion knights who could ever so gently brush you to death.

Fume Knight isn't hard because of his moveset.

He just graduated from the Ancient Dragon School of Boss Battles, so he can just one shot you if he actually does hit you and he has a fuck load of health which makes replaying him after getting one shotted very tedious

Everyone seems to say to 'circle left' for a lot of bosses in this series, but I've got by most of the time by going right. What is the difference?

Cred Forums can shit on DS2 as much as they like. This nigga on pic related is the sole reason it's my favourite ever
>muh B team
Call me when A team gets close to something like this or power stancing

Most bosses start their swing on the right, so you have a narrower window to dodge before it enters your hitbox.
For bosses that have a high start to their swing, right is easier. For bosses that have a longer swing, left is easier.

I haven't played Nioh.
Why am I supposed to be impressed by somebody killing a bunch of generic baddies?

Nigger you're spouting like, eleven different herbs and spices worth of bullshit

>I think a lot of people heard that DaS2 was hot garbage, so they waited and played SotFS in hopes that some of the problems were fixed
Are you retarded?

why are you doing this

Even though I don't favor DS2, this fucking thing is the reason I still give tribute to it.
Why the fuck there's so little games with weapon mages, I mean sword catalysts, great sword catalysts to amplify magic power, or a fucking explosive magic blast when you cast fireball though greataxe when you chop someone.
I suppose there might be some some mods for skyrim, but that's meh. DD:DA is step forward-backward shield casting but overall still basic staff casting.

I want a fucking spell-sword class in rpgs. I really hope they'll bring this back in DS3 dlc, even with magic being shit I want to be a spell-sword.

it"s dark souls 2 thread
post nioh
based sony pony
never change

>powerstance two blue blames
>mid-range crystal spear someone in pvp
>they roll through it
>L1-L1
Spellswords in DS2 are the shit

Is there some autist who has dedicated his life to fabricating fucked up Dark Souls 2 webms?

Literally nothing that happens in this will happen if you go play the game on your own right now.

that webm is old as fuck my man, where have you been?

Meme spouting bullshit, I've had slim his sword literally at my character's feet while i was drinking.

>why do people find this guy so hard?

he's easy as fuck but i took way too long to kill him.
the reason he is hard is rhythm, since he attack you BAM BAM BAM which means roll roll roll, and then he suddenly attacks BAM BAM BAAAAM which means roll roll roooolll, and it breaks your rhythm out of nowhere. and if you are like me that doesn't upgrade hp since STR, VIT, END and ADP are more important because you powerstance greatsword and dragons tooth you'll get fucked by one hit.

Avoiding Souls threads on Cred Forums like the fucking plague

i see these webms all the time and yet this shit never happened to me when i played. did they fix this shit in SotFS or was i just lucky not to encounter it?

Bloodborne is just about as easy as Dark Souls II base game. Far too many enemies in Bloodborne don't have enough health and are stunlocked by constant r1 spam. The only bosses of Bloodborne that present a challenge are Orphan, Ludwig if you're under leveled and Chalice Dungeon Amygdala(which in itself can become impossibly easy if you're not doing Chalice Dungeons in the order FROM wants you to do them but doesn't enforce which just fucking ruins the experience)

Bloodborne was my first soulsborne game too since I'm not a pcfat and my ps3 was fucking eating games around the time the original Dark Souls was released.

Paid shill.

>bosses in BB
>not enough health

Which YouTube play through did you watch?

Yes the game design behind this boss is punishing reaction rolling and diferent timings. That's why he starts with a fast sword and slow sword and in the middle of the fight he starts doing fast attacks with the slow sword.

As far as mechanics goes i think he is easily the best boss in the series and it's cool that he was made specifically to challenge the most popular playstyle developed by playerbase.

Blue smelter demon has a similar design only it works by using a previous boss fight to trick people.

What fucking boss doesn't just get demolished in BB because of its low health?

Most of the lategame bosses, the chalice dungeon and the DLC ones

There's 1cat which is decent but unremarkable.

Paid shill plz go

why stop now?

Orphan and Ludwig are the only dlc bosses that are a challenge and don't die almost instantly. Living Failures isn't a boss, Maria can be visceral'd to the moon just like every hunter enemy and Laurence is a terrible boss fight.

Most of the Chalice Dungeon bosses are moderate in difficulty and become stupidly easy if you don't touch chalice dungeons till near the end of the game, like pre-Ebrietas I guess is when I started the Chalice Dungeons and each floor completion just fucking ramped my power up so much on top of what I already had to the point that none of bosses are a problem. Mergo's wetnurse felt like the healthiest enemy in the game to me besides self healing Amelia and even then I killed it before I had a chance to learn its attack pattern. The Orphan and Ludwig feel about right when it comes to health but my first time with Ludwig was ruined how fucking over-leveled I was from just playing the game normally, BB has a terrible leveling problem, the game gives you way too many blood echoes.

Lol, it's the exact opposite, BB bosses have more health than all the souls games.

>people say circle left
>I always circle right in every single fromsoft game

Maybe next time I wont get my ass kicked so much.