twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>the protagonist dies
>he respawns

>in the sequel, you have to fight the prequel's protagonists

>you were working for the villain protagonist

>Antagonist is god

what game

>you get to choose if you are the protagonist or the antagonist

Name just one-hundred and one (101) games that do this.

Name 12.6 games that do this

name 100,000 games where this happens

>people not understanding that protagonist/antagonist are different from hero/villain

No if you're the player character you are the protagonist no matter what, at best you could choose whether to be both or just the protagonist you FUCK

>the final boss of the last game is the final final boss of the sequel

>protagonist is actually the antagonist

>Antagonist is a jobber

> Playing Civ V for the first time
> Underestimated Hiawatha and he's completely overrun most of the continent I'm on
> Darius is about to win a Science Victory
> Absolutely desperate to stop Darius from progressing, so I declare a surprise war against Hiawatha and a bunch of weaker nations between me and Darius' capital
> My tanks leave a trail of ash, smoke, and corpses through neutral countries in a desperate rush to stop Darius

Still wasn't enough.

Maybe I shouldn't have been a dick to my neighbors in the early game, so I'd have possible allies to keep Hiawatha and Darius in check.

You stupid nigger

>the final boss of the first game is playable in the last

>start next game after spending 30 hours with previous protag

>two seconds clip "he was killed by something" then intro to new protag and then brushed away under the lore rug

> Beat the Spider-man film game on the PS2
> Unlock the "Green Goblin campaign"
> It's just the same levels with new voice overs, but trivially easy because your machine guns chew through everyone

Name one game that does this

oh fuck I had that game, but it was German
>playing the Shocker levels
>in that train section, you know the one
>DIE SHOCKER IST HERE
>wtf
>get assblasted by a shock wave
what a fun game.

GTA V Johnny

Infamous Second Son fucking faggot

Dragon Age II

Prototype II

Silent Hill 2

Cole dies in the ending they went with in Infamous 2
The warden is still alive by the events of Inquisition, only canonically dead if he/she died to the archdemon

Using GTA as an example is cheating, user. All those people are criminals or otherwise horrible human beings.

If fact, I would wager most of them died soon after or at least before the next game in the series due to the weight of their actions.

You couldn't honestly expect a happy ending for such individuals, could you?

>protagonist dies
>gets resurrected in the next game by the antagonist

rip in piss

the sequel wasn't canon though

Golden Sun 1? FFTA?

>The protagonist is the same guy who killed the protagonist from the first game

Name 1000000 games that do this

Well it wasn't really a sequel so much as a spin-off.

I'm not surprised they didn't make an OTR of DR3, considering OTR is more popular and overall more enjoyable than DR2.

>protagonist was a villian the whole time
>all those people and bosses you killed were doing the right thing by trying to stop you the whole time

Who is Handsome Jack?

One of the first times I ran into that situation.
youtube.com/watch?v=3AEAZeVSKqI

>the protagonist is the antagonist
>after you kill him you become the antagonist
>and a menber of your party becomes you

GTAV confirmed Nico was still alive and turned away from crime. Not sure about the rest

SP wanted inFAMOUS 2's ending to be up to the player. It was either Cole died but got rid of conduits, or he lived and ended humanity in favor of a conduit world. The former describes as everybody thanking Cole for sacrificing himself in favor of humanity and they even held a grand funeral for him. Second Son shits on Cole's good ending by portraying him as a literal who that people either forgot about or hated him and still thought he was a monster despite what the good ending laid out.