Do you enjoy games as much as when you were a kid?

Do you enjoy games as much as when you were a kid?

Other urls found in this thread:

poohadventures.wikia.com/wiki/Tom_and_Jerry
poohadventures.wikia.com/wiki/Susie_Carmichael
youtube.com/watch?v=ZosjrkqYXUg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes

I hate games

>Jerry listed as villain in villains wiki

And to give a proper answer, yes. But it kinda depends on game I'm playing.

more or less but the sense of mystery in games and the feeling of a living digital world has disappeared. I find myself less and less interested in games with a serious sense of narrative. I just want games with good mechanics

>I just want games with good mechanics

Good mechanics is the immersion for me. quality

vidual fidelity and art direction is just icing.

soundtrack is the most important part of a videogame after the gameplay of course

>jerry
>not a villain
Also, I'm surprised these two haven't had a forced tie-in game in a while.

No, I have been spoiled by choice

>kid me gets one game every 1-2 years
>loves each one of them
>even the shitty ones, like Megaman & Bass

I am worse at video games now than when I was a kid.
Unless I simply only remember the times I was successful and not my constant failures.

Nah man, games used to be a thing I wasn't allowed to do much of, it was exciting, it had a ton of content to offer, I was good at it for once and it was a break from whatever else I was supposed to do for the little time I was allowed to play.

Today, I'm just a fucking handicapped guy that isn't going to do anything with his life, and while I have all the time in the world for playing games, I usually play less than once a day, because it's too tiring.
Fuck this shit. And sorry for replying.

no, piracy ruined gaming for me, the moment I started getting games for cheap/free I stopped playing shit games and just dumped them over and over for better games, eventually all games felt like shit and I just play grinding crap to not go crazy and kill myself.

no
tom and jerry kids sucked

Of course, I wouldn't play them if I didn't still love them

I don't enjoy anything as much as when I was a kid.

So is this early 90s fad of kids/babies spinoffs of cartoons the reason babyfurs exist?

This is why Digital Games suck
When you have a Physical Copy of a Game you appreciate it more(especially if it has a manual)

No. It would be a wonder if I could enjoy anything with the same sort of innocent joy anymore. Of course I still enjoy games or I wouldn't be playing them, but the appreciation is more of a slow burn now.

No.
Noways I cherry pick too much, I'm always complaining about something.
Today I finished Radiata Stories and I thought it was mediocre, but if I had finished it back when I was 12 I would've loved it.

This saddens me, I'm not a prick because I want to.

I don't feel immersed playing videogames now, both the modern ones and things I played back then. But otherwise I still have fun with vidya.

Reminder, rats and mice are pests that spread disease and do not in any way contribute positively to a human environment.

Old games? I still do. New games? No. Sometimes there's an interesting game to play but overall this generation is disappointing for me.

I've gotten better at video games than when I was a kid, but I don't enjoy them as much.

I've become much more analytical and nowadays try to look for things to dislike within games rather than looking for things to enjoy. That's not to say I don't enjoy most modern games, but I don't enjoy them as much as I potentially could because it always feels like I'm looking into them too deeply.

it's more than that
remember when there was console wars? I mean when you actually had to choose one of them and defend it, because the games were slightly different for each console?

I was a big time Idort, had both snes and genesis, gameboy and gamegear, dreamcast/xbox/ps2 etc. I saw how people always defended the console of their choice, while I was actually able to test both versions and come up and tell them if they were wrong or right, I worked hard to get my shit (as hard as a minor can anyways). So once I started getting bootlegs for $2.50 instead of $50 I was able to get pretty much whatever I wanted. From playing maybe 1 new game a month I was playing like fucking 30, fuck manuals.

Games became disposable and I had 0 alliegance to any company or franchise, before I sort of built a criteria of which games I would and would not buy, but once I could have them all or at least all the ones I was interested in, a part of me died, there was no longer much mysteries regarding which was the best game, I was able to test them all and just play the one I fetl was the best. Little by little no game was enough to keep me entertained, they all felt like a reskinned copy of a game I had already played before.

Sorry for the rant I'll stop, but I honestly wish I could go back to the time I spend weeks saving every penny I could to get a game and play it over and over because I didn't have more games, and would have arguments about why X game was superior, now I can rarely care about what anyone thinks about a game I play.

>Tom and Jerry will meet Simba and the Jungle Adventure Crew in Simba, Timon, and Pumbaa's Adventures of Tom and Jerry: The Movie according to Pooh's Adventures Wiki

poohadventures.wikia.com/wiki/Tom_and_Jerry

Would this wiki make perfect cartoon crossover game/movie ever?

Have you even seen the moments where Jerry fucks with Tom just because?

I try to. If I listen to Cred Forums it Makes Me Want To Smash Said game on soneones head. Sorry I might be mental. I try to block out negative things about a gane or criticism about something I'm trying to like otherwise I lose my mind. I miss being a kid.

I have, but pretty much majority (I guess?) still regard Jerry as the 'hero' of the show when it's obvious he's the dickhead. Tom is just doing his job for god's sake, it's like rooting for Tweety.

So pretty much the entire show?

I'm not sure, it seems mostly focused on horsefucker shit and Thomas the Tank Engine. Just hitting the random button repeatedly is a fucking ride, though.

poohadventures.wikia.com/wiki/Susie_Carmichael
>Susie will guest star in Winnie the Pooh Meets Spider-Man 2.

_ ____ __ ____ ____ ___

Remember when Tom go to hell because Jerry was being an asshole to him?
Or when he got beheaded?

My enjoyment is about the same as it was when I was a kid.

Not very much but I don't have anything else going for me.

I think I enjoy them even more now.
I guess as a kid I felt I needed to play games that I didn't enjoy as much for longer, as I didn't have access to as many games as I do now. Now I can try many games to find ones I do enjoy.

I do. But sites like this, among others, have given me a hatred of other people who play games. Back then, I barely ever got to talk to other people who play games. Nowadays, I regret going on video game discussion forums, yet I can't stop because it's some kind of weird addiction now.

Pretty much only the early ones had Tom as a pure villain. Jerry was just an asshole that deserved to be eaten in the later ones. youtube.com/watch?v=ZosjrkqYXUg

no because all my friends "grew out of it" and now I have no one to play with.

Not sure. Probably not.

me too.

I enjoy them far more now. The amount of imagination and unashamed autism I'm able to channel into RPGs and GSGs now completely dwarfs anything I could manage as a small child.

I enjoy them far more now. Life going to shit, but vidya always there for me.

I definitely enjoyed games most the ps2 era. I'm now stuck in a shitty limbo where there are all these beautiful games of today that have underwhelming gameplay, and all I want to do is play ps2 era games but graphixxx sadly do matter to me and it is tough at times to go back.
I've also overplayed all the games that I love which sucks. I want to play timesplitters 2, super mario world or morrowind for the first time again :((((((((((((

Nope. I used to fucking love video games. Used to love all different kinds of genres too. Nowadays I only enjoy one or two genres and even then it's slim picking because video games have become shit and the industry itself has become shit.

Happiness isn't something one feels. It's a place in time. A place you can't go back to. No matter how hard you try.

speak for yourself

I enjoyed playing with tits more as a kid

i enjoy generally everything less
even aimlessly browsing the internet feels empty

fuck off faggot

You're not supposed to enjoy the same media as much as when you were a kid. Your body is at it's highest perceptive levels during youth so everything that was good as GREAT. Unless you use drugs--closest thing you will get to that experience again.

kill yourself already unhappy boy

this is literally why i use drugs

no, we want budget going into creativity and technology, we get budget going into advertising and generic formula that appeal to the dumb fucks audience that buys same game every year or pay money to change a few numbers in game

Holy shit I totally forgot about that show

weed and acid

never done acid, just weed. Haven't smoked in a while though. Once I get a new job ima celebrate by getting stoned as fug
DUDE
WEED
LMAO

God no. I was able to have fun just playing a game when I was a kid. Do you know how much time I spent playing Ultima 6 just collecting food and "Living" in houses? A hell of a lot. I never actually beat the game, I just went on random exploration adventures with my pals and then we went back home. I'm incapable of doing that now, which is probably why young shits love Fallout 4 and playing it makes me want to die.

No. That doesn't mean there isn't fun stuff to play out there. It's just that I don't care as much.

No, but how could anyone else either, considering how vidya died in 2007?

Moreso. I absolutely sucked at games when I was a kid. I suck somewhat less now.

I recently installed a PS2 emulator to play all the games I never got to play and they're all terrible by today's standards. The camera is bad, the controls are bad, the audio is bad, etc.

Okami is the only decent game I've played so far, but drawing mechanic doesn't always work.

Childhood is when you root for Jerry and Tweety
Adulthood is when you sympathize with the cats

deep

No, I didn't have suicidal tendencies when I was little.

i havent smoked in a while either. yesterday i tried scraping for the fourth time and somehow i manage to scrape just enough for a buzz, but this was the last time cause i got a shitty buzz. i masturbate way too much when im alone and high so that sucks. i cold have played so many games

>i masturbate way too much when im alone and high so that sucks
Heh. yeah. I'm in oregon though so I can easily buy really fucking high (heh) quality weed for cheap and completely legally. Working on a playlist for it now too.

well yeah i always get the loud pack

what?

loud pack means strong smelling weed high quality

I guess. Didn't have to be a fag about it. jk enjoy my man

You need to be 18 or older to post here

so get off

thanks

source?

When they're good, yeah. But games kinda suck right now.

As a child, I played because I wanted to play games.
Now, I play games to experience the setting and story given to me.

If anything, I appreciate games more now than I did when I was a kid.

If you didn't appreciate games more as a kid, you deserve to be shot.

why did he fuck tom

You sound angsty as an adult.

I honestly enjoy video games more than when I was a kid.
I'm far more critical of games and I'm not able to spend all day playing any piece of shit like when I was a kid but I'm far more engaged when I'm playing video games and can appreciate the mechanics more.
Plus, these days I can play video games for fun whenever I want instead of having to play video games as a distraction from the domestic violence and physical abuse.

I enjoy them the problem is trying to find time for them anymore.

me three

No, I hate that I always get teamed up with shitter and there's not enough engaging single player games out there, not until FFXV comes out.