How the fuck are you supposed to hold these things...

How the fuck are you supposed to hold these things? The ball is too small to fit your whole hand around and the shaft is too short to grip vertically.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/IXP0kc9Sry8?t=143
youtube.com/watch?v=GxgV1uRnWbE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

you're supposed to use your index finger to cup the top of the stick, your middle finger curls underneath the stick, your thumb curls opposite your index finger, and your ring and little fingers rest on the cabinet.

like the pacha meme

Hell if I know. I use a bat top because I'm a dirty American.

Here's a tutorial from PogChamp himself

youtu.be/IXP0kc9Sry8?t=143

L2Wineglass

What kind of idiot can't wrap their head around holding something?

Like a wine glass

Just slide it between whatever fingers are most comfortable and close your hand around the ball

I hold like daigo.

Dude I don't think you should be using a stick if you're getting stumped over how to hold the stick. I don't think you should be playing fighting games at all. You also probably shouldn't be allowed to drive, vote nor reproduce. I mean, fuck...

Like a regular controller? Just put your thumb on top of it...

wineglass is a meme

nothing wrong with holding it from the top with 3 or 4 fingers

This is the most autistic thread I've ever seen.

A normally functioning human being doesn't need instructions on how to grasp an object with one's hand. This is literally one of the instincts that humans have as babies.

that's really fucking stupid, dropped

I'm pretty sure wineglass grip is super unergonomic and very bad for your wrists and tendons.

has anyone bought a bat top?

looks like it would be easier to grip than a ball

Isn't it easier to just use a controller?

You are fucking stupid.

People grab things instinctvely and can grab and use them wrong.

Just like typing on a keyboard, there's a method to learn. Dumbshit

They're called teardrops and they're what we used in the arcades in the States. I can use either but personally prefer the American style for obvious reasons.

But millennials need to be told everything. The more sad thing is since there are no more arcades most of them have never held a joystick

There's literally no reason to use a stick unless you actually grew up playing fighting games in the arcade and have the muscle memory ingrained. If you grew up using controllers, use a controller.

hoy
I find bat tops easier to hold, and I grew up with them because I mostly played American beat em up arcade games when I was young. That's also why I'm on the lookout for good concave buttons.

easier to fit in your ass?

do you have to buy an entirely new joystick thing for the top? I have a sanwa with ball top already

honestly I think using your thumb is better than an arcade stick but the buttons on an arcade stick are way nicer and easier to press in different combinations

>most of them have never held a joystick
So? That's like me making a big deal of you having never used a rotary telephone.

I don't play fighting games but people on this board swear that a stick is required for competitive play in any decent game. I'm guessing it's because you have more control if you dedicate a whole hand to the stick rather than using your thumb.

Thumb sticks are awful for almost everything, actually.

Same goes for buttons. You can use your whole hand for the buttons if you use a fighting stick. With a gamepad, you're using most of your fingers just to hold the gamepad, and the buttons are controlled only with a single thumb and another finger for the trigger which probably doesn't do anything important.

They make bat tops for sanwa/seimitsu sticks.

I think you'll find my balls and shaft quite adequate for your hands, user.

A stick is more ergonomic.

You can buy the tops that just screw on in place of the ball but it's not quite the same.

I fucking remember you. Are you that guy who always sticks fight sticks up his ass again??

>The ball is too small to fit your whole hand around and the shaft is too short to grip vertically.
I know the feeling

You missed out on arcades it really is sad. Joysticks are still relevant unlike rotary phones. Smups,bmups, fighting games, 2d platformers are all better

They move around so fun and bumpy like inside

The strict/fast timing required for button presses in fighting games necessitates piano style. One thumb can't compare to what your entire right hand can do.

You're stupid. The way I'd instinctively grasp an object of that size is the correct way: Even if that's not the correct way, it's better than OP's retarded ideas. He actually thinks he needs to use his whole palm.

Stick is comfier, my hands get sore if I play fightan on a gamepad

This is only true of 3D fighting games and, to a much lesser extent, KOF games. Street Fighter games can be played just as easily with a pad as they can a stick. It's literally just preference for SF.

Luffy won EVO using a PS1 controller.

SnakeEyez, Smug, and Nuckledu all use pads as well. It's not absolutely necessary at all, but some do prefer it.

>The ball is too small to fit your whole hand around and the shaft is too short to grip vertically.
Tell that to tekken players

>rotary telephone.

I still remember the first time I saw a rotary telephone as a kid, I had no idea how to use it because the idea of having to wait so long was inconceivable to me, it just seems like such a shitty design.

360s, DPs, and charges are easier with a d-pad, you can't deny this.

I thought you would be used to handling short shafts by now user.

DPs yes. Everything else, no.

mild kek

It's more about the buttons than the stick
Having all fingers dedicated to 6/8 buttons as opposed to the thumb on four and the pointer fingers on 2

I find DPs to be much easier with a stick as long as it's a square gate.
Charges are obligatory stick

>ball
>shaft
>fit your whole hand around
thanks for the erection

rotary telephones are pretty easy to use.

just like a joystick.

don't be a fucking retard like OP, and you'll be fine.

Underage pls go and stay go, rotary phones are fantastic

youtube.com/watch?v=GxgV1uRnWbE

Test

bat tops are just as good as ball tops.

but i feel that ball tops are better for fightan games because of inputs.

>Fancy shifter
>Automatic
WTF are you doing man?

d-pads are arguably better than sticks.

there are a lot of high level players using controllers.

it's all down to preference.

so is typing on a keyboard
we'll all die eventually.

I'll dry my tears when I'm still alive in 2050.

Not like most millennials haven't played with joysticks though. Arcade culture is dead, but we have shitposting instead, so it evens out.

There's less tendon strain than an overhand grip.

Not that it matters. Hold it however you feel comfortable. You're not going to injure yourself.

Assuming you're not too retarded to figure out how to hold an object designed to fit in your hand, I'm going to wager that you bought the cheapest fight stick you could find like a Hori miniature fightstick, and it's actually too small for your mongoloid shovel hands.

It that's the case:

A. You should research and look for consumer advice before buying something that's not going to work for you, not after.

B. You should get a refund if you can and save up for a decent full-sized fightstick.

Ignore.

Fighting games are for gays.

I like this guy's hairy arms.

Jesus, they move exactly the same as they did on the PS1. Has this series made no progress whatsoever?

that thing can totally stump people today if they don't look it up.

>that dropped combo

5 was actually codeveloped with AM2 (VF series) but it really just got more ridiculous. All the female and ninja characters are overpowered as hell and the only way to enjoy the game is by using bottom tiers. Still it's better than nothing.

So are Cred Forums passes :^)

>having the poor man's stick

>The telephone has come on a bit. It's now so sophisticated, it can be used to write to people.

It's entirely preference
There are people that are gods with a controller or fight pad and some who are gods with a stick, it's just another way of holding your controller honestly, just go with what you're comfortable with

I know there are successful competitive players that use a pad, but are any of them known as being especially good at execution?

In SF? It really makes no difference. Especially since you can bind shortcuts to shoulder buttons.

>Cred Forums pass

once you mod it it's pretty godtier

You don't need your whole hand. Just hold it with your thumb, index and middle finger like you would a 4-seam fastball.
That's how I've always held it.

>Cred Forums pass
kill yourself

im considering it since i dislike the captchas

If those were concave buttons, that would be pretty legit.

>Will other people know I'm using a Pass?

No. Unless you enter since4pass in the Options field, there will be no indication that you are using a Pass to other users, and your posts will display exactly the same as any other. The since4pass Options command allows you to publicly display since when you have been using a Cred Forums Pass.

>They're called teardrops and they're what we used in the arcades in the States.
Not in the 80's you didn't.

You can easily swap them out for any buttons that you want, as the holes are just standard 30mm

obvious reasons being that you hamfist everything you touch, because your fingertips are like entire sticks of butter

Leave me out of your weird hentai fantasies.

Are we posting arcade cab-themed sticks?

Faggot Americans and their need to make everything a penis to satisfy their homolust.

The ball and stick represents the circumcised penis and how the rest of the world hungers for one

Dude, that is so awesome, where did you get the rap4 plexiglass?

Feminist pls go

>he uses a stick
>he doesn't use a keyboard
explain yourself right now

I have that stick, I modded it instantly with sanwa parts.

My problem with bat tops is how stiff they are. They feel harder to move but also more springy when you release so they're less precise, and can register unwanted motions while flicking back. It's like they expect you to ride the gate the whole time and have a constant iron grip. In comparison ball tops are easy to move but still have a satisfying click and feel much higher quality. To me it's like comparing membrane and mechanical keyboards.

The plexi came from tek-innovations. Horis are bad for art modding though, the plexi has to be a real thin flimsy layer (you can see it buckling on the top screw) because it just sits on top instead of replacing a front panel like it does on Qanbas and MadCatz sticks.

If you want to do art mods, I really wouldn't recommend getting a Hori

Cred Forums pls go

i want you to note the bull dominating ur sheep ass

Fuck off Cred Forums

Hey friendos, what is a good stick I can get around $50 (US). I always wanted to get one but I don't what to splurge $150 on something that I am occasionally going to use ( and manly for shmups).

Mods couldn't ban me even if they tried. I am an immune share holder, one wrong move and it is bye bye to your favorite wittle website. I have political leverage, I run this website with an elite group of insiders. I am the ringleader and the mods? They are my little puppets. I am the puppet master. They answer to me, not you. If I wanted to I could merge Cred Forums into Cred Forums, not the other way around, because we are bigger than the rest of the site put together. But I don't want your Reddit cancer and you are lucky I find you more infectious or I would be tempted to ruin your fucking life. Don't respond to me, don't even bother, or I will 404 this entire website, I will destroy the infrastructure inside out then create a true alternative just to have you flock like a sheep to the next blade of grass, only to light it and burn it back down crushing you twice as hard. Watch who you mess with.

>2D platformers

I'm going to have to disagree, at least for myself. I much prefer a D-pad to sticks fir platformers.

Fuck off Cred Forums

I didn't think there were white bois in the fgc

Ha, too late now.

But there's no homolust in grabbing balls right?

>Ryan has more name recognition as PogChamp than Gootecks

They really are afraid they'll have to go back to chimpouts, aren't they?

This desu