Only ever played grand strategy like Civ, interested in more tactical strategy. Which Total War game should I try first?

Only ever played grand strategy like Civ, interested in more tactical strategy. Which Total War game should I try first?

MTW is best total war game.

Shogun 2 is the most polished and is very easy to get into.

>Only ever played grand strategy like Civ
Civilization isn't Grand strategy you fucking child.

Its a 4X TBS.

Shogun 2 is best one. Play some vanilla and then play some of Fall of the Samurai, only exp worth getting, but def worth.

Are you only interested in historical accuracy? If not, get Total War: Warhammer.

Its one of the better Total War's in terms of features, polish and unique factions.

I'd say get Medieval Total War 2 or the Original Rome Total War. Cheap and your PC can run it even if its a potato

>Civ
>Grand Strategy

if you come from grand strategy games, especially paradox games, the diplomatic AI in both those games is guaranteed to piss you off

especially in M2, at the start of the game consider yourself for all intends and purposes in a permanent state of war with all your neighbors

Shogun 2 is great and should be pretty cheap to get on sale. Warhammer total war is also pretty good

I still think that the diplomacy in the newer Total War games is shitty. It didn't really matter though because building armies to conquer the world was what it fun for me atleast

yeh its pretty shitty but M2 takes the god damn retard cake
occupying a city due to a bug causes everyone in the world to hate you forever and due to another bug its impossible to increase your relationship with a nation that's not already an ally and due to another bug nations NEVER sign peace with you unless they're at least at neutral relation

so in essence the minute someone declares war on you you're at war forever, the minute you take a single city someone else will declare war on you, even if its retaking a city your enemy took from you

+1 for Shogun 2, it's the best gateway into the series.

wow didn't know about that bug

TW Arena beta was really fun

Attila is by far my favorite, but I would recommend you play Shogun 2 fist, it's the best intro to the series.

Shogun 2 but I like Rome 2's setting the best.

Is Total War Warhammer any good?

mount & blade warband

yeah, if it keeps going as it is its gonna end up like the best.

Base game is eggscellent.

Get the DLC if you think you're going to become dedicated to the game, it's pretty much all or nothing.

Warhammer

Holy shit the blood DC is crazy. Gonna have to shekel it out. I thought I wasn't missing out on anything but I am.

Now it actually looks like Warhammer.

>Grand strategy
>Civ

Jesus fuck kiddo, play Crusader Kings II

Rome 1 or Medieval 2

The diplomacy is worse in the newer ones. At least the nations in the old ones wouldn't declare war on you unless you were near them. I've had multiple situations in Attila where some POS nation all the way across the map declares war on me for no reason and sails their entire population over to kill me.

>family/dynasty simulator

Yeah no, surely you meant Hearts of Iron or atleast Vicky?

if you're literally playing Western Rome Empire then that's just going to happen

Attila is decent for a post-Shogun 2 Total War

Sadly Charlemagne sucked

Does it have lizardmen?

no, it doesn't even have elves or tomb kangs

>grand strategy like Civ
>grand strategy
>civ