MUH

MUH

HAPPINESS

so what happened to this game? is it stuck in early access hell because of shit devs, or is it actually finished but its just shit?

I wouldn't be surprised if it fails to deliver. Just hope the setting can be reused because it's interesting enough.

stuck in early access, the devs decided to make it another generic open world survival game instead of the interesting adventure game it should have been.

So both.

Their stated plan was to be done after a year or so of early access.

I don't think there's been a significant update since it came out though.

LOOK A DOWNY

Its setting interests me because Im a huge slut for dystopias
But at the same time I realize its just 1984 with a really watered down version of Brave New World

Its just 1984 with soma
Thats it

>take the pill
>game over

I hate games with the illusion of choice.

They're listening to the criticism from people who played Early Access. They're redoing a lot of things to fix the things stuff that people didn't like.

>open word survival
>downers are just zombies

I fucking hate video games.

>But at the same time I realize its just 1984
If you think any of that shit is 1984 then you clearly haven't read 1984. Because this shit is a lot of things, Brave New World first and Farenheit 451 second and Barefoot in the Head, but it has absolutely nothing apparently in common with 1984 except for being set in England.

>downers are just zombies
You PLAY as a downer, moron.

>thought it was going to be Brave New World: The Game
>get some shitty open world Bioshock wannabe

This.

Isnt this game proceduraly generated?

>first scenes in the book are describing a center full of naked children running around fucking eachother

Oh yeah, that would've gotten through the boards.

Welp, wake me up in 2017.

They made vague promises of being able to play as a normal drug-taking guy, which is presumably where taking the pill is supposed to leave. But of course, with early access nonsense it's just empty promises.

Funny, because so many other guys are complaining that it's not like Bioshock enough.

The comparisons with Bioshock are stupid anyways. So they have similar art styles due to both using the Unreal engine. That's literally it as far as similarities go.

When this was first revealed, i thought it to be just some story game with decision making, multiple paths and all that shit.

But it ended up being a survival minecraft. Somehow even more disappointing. Good thing i had no interest either way.

>get some shitty open world Bioshock wannabe
God I wish I could shoot people like you.

>Small Mommy wants silent protagonist to take pill
>dont
BIG DADDYS GONNA FREAK

I guess you are right in terms of 1984, considering how the only reason I really got to that was 'secret police that do bad things to people', when I suppose that they don't deploy surveillance on a massive scale and try to censor out entire concepts of thinking. I would suppose you're right in it being more Fahrenheit

But honestly this setting is really Brave New World-lite. Its got the cheery subliminal slogans, pseudo-soma, and charismatic overseer, but that's really it. I mean its a society about people being happy, but in this their soma will turn you into a violent zombie, not to mention it lacks almost all the parts involving the ingraining behavior from birth, and lacks all the elements involving sex as a means of oppression, which for the latter I suppose is understandable.

But their entire setting is 'Here take this hallucinogen and make it a major societal taboo. Also, isn't our Supreme Dictator a swell guy?'

Honestly this could all be summarized in minus the comparisons to Bioshock

if you take the pill they should make it like a loop where you keep living your boring joy-induced life, and every time you're supposed to take joy it gives you a choice, and when you decide not to the actual game starts. No point making a whole story to a choice most people won't take.

>No point making a whole story to a choice most people won't take.
Then don't have choice. Just have the guy not take the pill.

I'd actually rather have it be a Bioshock clone than a shitty survival game like 99% of early access trash on Steam.

People thought it was something else, and when it turned out it was yet another shitty survival/crafting game, everyone stopped caring

But you only have seven days to die

EDGY

Same. Plus it has procedural generation involved. Either one of those aspects is enough to make me not want to even touch that game.

It was another NMS. Shitty indie game that sucked (cause it was in playable EA even before it was picked up by a big publisher) and then they spruced it up with bullshit cutscenes and a "campaign" and other shit tacked on EXCEPT the core game was still shit so people stopped giving a fuck.