I can't fucking wait anymore

I can't fucking wait anymore.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/f9HCYCP
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just play any of the other games? Same thing and can probably get one if them for a few bucks.

Same, I need to kill some fucking baddies

Actually, I can wait for the crack

I own all the games but I really just want to try the new Gears, I want to stamp my nuts on everyone online. really looking forward to trying out the ranking system.

>gears1 online is great
>gears2 online is bad
>gears3 online is great
>gearsJ online is bad

Will Gears4 follow the pattern?

>everywhere says it comes out on the 11th
>preordered on xbox store
>game unlocks on the 10th at 10pm

Normally i go physical everything but i guess digital does have its perks, especially on xbox

>gears 2
>bad
lmaoing at u rn

Hope I spark your hype train a little more but if you got UE it unlocks the 7th.

>Hope I spark your hype train a little more but if you got UE it unlocks the 7th.
Not him, but man, mine is of the utmost hype. Got the 1TB console downpat. Can't wait.

It's only on windows 10 Microsoft store, goo luck with that, piratefag.

It's cheaper to buy physical though, so you're paying an extra 10 bucks to play 2 hours before anyone else who buys the regular edition.a Also aople who buy the super duper deluxe hardcore edition will be playing on Saturday.

>Gears of War: Diversity Feminist Edition
>343 all over again
JUST

I've been getting my shit pushed in by Brazilians in UE to pass the time

it hasn't been that fun

does anyone else get games through Gamefly?

Will new games ship on the 10th if i already have it in cart?

JOIN THE GEARS OF WAR Cred Forums DISCORD!

Xbox and PC players all welcome.

discord.gg/f9HCYCP

>no scorcher
>no mortar
>no gorgon

No thanks.

It's going to be DoA on the PC, isn't it?

has it been confirmed that the scorcher is out?

Probably. It hasn't been seen anywhere. There's also no boomshield or mortar which is just fucking retarded.

They brought back that shitty rifle from Judgment but not the scorcher?

Fuck that.

2's multiplayer was broken on release and never got much better. Split screen or lab horde was neat though.

I doubt it, part of the reason UE was DOA on PC was because they released the news through there twitter at midnight and that was it. They had no commercials for PC prior or any posts on FB, they just said here it is and then fucked off.

Now they are taking it seriously and have advertised the game every way possible and it seems they actually made a great PC version. They "claim" it isn't a port.

>No Gorgon

Oh you mean that gun literally nobody ever used? Yeah I don't think many people are bothered by this, especially since we have a new and similar weapon witn the SMG now, which looks like a none shit version of the Gorgon anyway. In fact it looks borderline OP from the videos I've been seeing.

Ok, but where's the mortar and scorcher? Both of these were really unique and its fucking shit that they got left out.

Gorgon was only good in Gears 2. Boomshield with active Gorgon was retarded in all honesty.

>astroturfing shill

we have had this thread every day for a week now.

>literally no hype for the campaign
I've been playing gears since it came out and I feel like i've grown with Marcus and the gang.
>Not crying when Dom died
>for once in the entire series Marcus wasn't a badass killer
>Still have feels for them
But really is nobody ready for THE COLE TRAIN "woo woo"

Who gives a shit? There will be new, gimmicky weapons, I'm sure.

These are the weapons so far that are confirmed according to the wiki.

Blow Torch
Bolo Grenades
Boltok Pistol
Boomshot Grenade Launcher
Buzzkill (First appearance)
Combat Knife
Dropshot (First appearance)
EMBAR (First appearance)
Enforcer (First appearance)
Gnasher Shotgun
Hammerburst II
Hammer of Dawn
Longshot Sniper Rifle
Mark 1 Lancer Assault Rifle
Mark 2 Lancer Assault Rifle (Appears in flashback(s))
Mark 3 Lancer Assault Rifle (First appearance)
Chainsaw Bayonet
Mark 1 Markza Sniper Rifle (First appearance)
Mortar
Mulcher
Overkill (First appearance)
Salvo Rocket Launcher (First appearance)
Shock Grenades (First appearance)
Smoke Grenades
Snub Pistol
Torque Bow
Tri-Shot (First appearance)

Looks like Mortar is there.

>70 gigs

>game is a couple days away from release
>people post it on Cred Forums to discuss with gears fans who are hyped for it since a proper gears hasn't existed since 2011
>must be a shill

How about you fuck off back to the days whenever the souls games or MGS was coming out and the entire board had about 15 to 20 threads of just that 1 game on it.

Gears 2 multiplayer was better than the first and the online got fixed after a title update.

>mfw soloing the lamber zerker on insane in 3
If you got hit by anything you died

The scorcher was alright, but I mainly remember using it on Anex and only Anex since it provided a great way to flush out points. All the mainstay weapons are back.

>Gnasher?
>Lancer/Chainsaw? Yup
>Hammer of Dawn
>Frag grenades
>Boomshot
>Longshot
>Boltok

What's the issue? I mean yeah if they got rid of the Gnasher or Lancer I could see people being really pissed about it, but a flamethrower? Nah.

Their better be a scorcher or dropped.

>people post it on Cred Forums to discuss with gears fans
>gears fans
>Cred Forums

That's how I know you are a shill, shill.

>Boltok

Who even uses that piece of turd

>Can two shot in the head
>Piece of turd

It's a Windows Store exclusive, is an automatic flop.

>it seems they actually made a great PC version. They "claim" it isn't a port.
Considering every single Xbone exclusive port has been trash, there's no reason to trust them.

WE HAVE A GENERAL ON /VG/!
I REPEAT! GEARS GENERAL ON /VG/

>
>
>>

>He never got gud with the Boltok

Nigga you could 2 shot people with it from a significant distance. It was a strong weapon if you learned to put up with the ridiculous recoil.

The time has come then...

So, it seems like this is going to get shilled as hard as Forza Horizon 3.

Hope it does really badly on PC.

My friend and I played chicken on insane during that section. We'd line up next to each other and see which one of us would move. We both died many times together because we wanted to prove we were hard asses and just let the berserker run over us.

Hey wow, imagine that? Your fantasy of Cred Forums only liking Japanese games isn't true after all.

Nigga boltok was god-tier in every gears except 1.

Well I'm just keeping my hopes high because every PC outlet popular or not has reported the pc version to run really well and looks great. Not to mention the fuck load of options you can tweak.

Cool, this makes me happy because I've tried multiple times to start one and never got a single reply.

>t. Cred Forums expert of hating games
What makes you want to see games fail so badly

It's about fucking time

The fact that they are exclusives to a terrible fucking store, worse than Uplay and Origin ever were, and that they are all shitty ports.

>step on a drop of immulsion
>die instantly

fuk this gam

That general is going to die in the matter of hours.

Wait, we have a /vg/ board now?

>tfw Gears culture on /vg/ soon

>bought a 256gb ssd
>fuck yea all the games lighting fast
>gow4 preload
>74gb

just fuck my shit up

>tfw Gears culture on /vg/ soon
Yeah, it's totally not going to last as much as the Forza general.

Literally joist bought a xbone for it.
Guess it's time to dust off that live accout.

Are the pre-order skins exclusives yet again or can I earn them in game?

>
Optimal settings for sub 20s framerate

Literally no one is waiting for this crappie game.

Recore and Killer Instinct were great. Hell, even Rise of the Tomb Raider and gears UE are completely fixed now, the only thing that's still completely shit is Quantum Break. I don't think that will ever be fixed unfortunately since Remedy abandoned the game to flock to Steam.

you know it's coming out for PC right?
dumb niggers I tell ya

Rise of the Tomb Raider was fixed, but Microsoft didn't do the port.
The UE still runs like shit, and Quantum Break got a massive performance improvement just by changing to DirectX 11.

just pre ordered, wasn't going to get it before, but now that horde is back and co op campaign is confirmed plus crossplay with xbone/pc convinced my mate to buy it together.

Lol the same goddamn posts from the FH3 shilling threads.

The Breechshot is literally the one thing Judgement did right

>im a sonygger or a hipster

Gotta agree, the Breechshot is a great weapon.

>The UE still runs like shit
I maxed it out at 1080p/60 with my 960 except for shadows and textures (which required higher VRAM). And ReCore is encouraging because as many technical issues as it had on launch the PC version was still dramatically better than the Xbone version ironically enough. Plus literally every PC site is hyping up Gears 4, so much that Gears 4 is actually bundled with Nvidia cards. While it's still possible for the launch to be fucked typically you wouldn't hype it up so much if you knew the port was bad. (Exception being Arkham Knight of course.)

>i'm a hipster for not wanting to use the fucking horrible Windows Store

Oh yeah, because we all know the majority uses the Windows Store, those stats that show that only 3% of the PC versions of Rise of the Tomb Raider were on the Windows Store are just a very specific case.
The fact that Phil Spencer outright said that all the games aside from Forza Apex (the free one) flopped on PC have nothing to do with it either.

>Plus literally every PC site is hyping up Gears 4, so much that Gears 4 is actually bundled with Nvidia cards.
So?

There's no reason to trust that this will be a good port, in fact, there's only reasons to think it's going to be bad, like all these Microsoft games have been.

>unironically using that piece of shit that can't even download games without the download breaking and having to start again

That Store is DoA, and even Spencer said they would release games on Steam.
Have FH3 and GoW4 flop hard on it, and it'll happen.

Are you retarded? Typically if a PC port is bad they don't do PC demos or wait until the last minute, while there have been tons of poeple allowed to play the PC version of Gears 4, even on m+kb.

Retro weapons ruined the online aspect. No thanks.

I wonder how many of them didn't play it on a GTX 1080 SLI.

>even on m+kb
Don't know why you needed to point that out.

You mean mk+b?

>unironically wanting games to flop just so Steam can continue their monopoly
I fucking hate Valveniggers, how the fuck has Valve actually contributed to PC gaming besides making it known as the shovelware capital of gaming? Ironically Microsoft actually fixed a lot of the problems with their shitty store and are still working on it, while Steam has issues for months or even years before anything changes.

>gnasher babby got his shit kicked in

As long as that atrocious piece of poopoo the retro lancer is in it I won't be playing it.

mousekey+board?
I pointed it out because most PC demos of console ports are on gamepad.

The games on the store are so insanely expensive too, especially outside US. Everything about the store is so bad it's like they want it to fail so they can say PC gaming is dead again.

>babby couldn't gitgud and counter gnashers so he needed an OP weapon to coddle him

It's not a primary anymore it's a pickup

Steam is going to continue it's monopoly because it's rivals are pieces of shit like the Windows Store.

>Ironically Microsoft actually fixed a lot of the problems with their shitty store and are still working on it
Not hard enough.
Microsoft has never had any idea of how to manage this stuff.

Also, games on the Windows Store literally never go on sale.

I don't want to use a new Store just for a handful of games, even less when that Store has even less functionality than Uplay.

Boltok is still great especially in one because retards wouldn't bother picking it up and abusing it was easy

I don't give a fuck about that monopoly.
If Microsoft wants their shit to take off, then make it not shit.
Also, making decent PC ports instead of the pieces of shit that GoW UE and Quantum Break were, probably it would help.

>how the fuck has Valve actually contributed to PC gaming besides making it known as the shovelware capital of gaming?
Steam saved PC gaming.

Do I need to remind you that the thing before this Store that Microsoft tried to force was GFWL?
And that they even planned on introducing paid online on PC?

Valve stopped making games, but Microsoft is really the one that has never brought anything good to PC.

UE runs on high settings for me at a constant 60 and I'm on an i5 and 780

Oh, neat. Reminds me of Serious Sam's graphics menus.

Hey, for anyone who did the graffics card trick to get Gears 4 for free, was your license revoked? I haven't connected my Xbone cuz I just moved so I can't check ATM.

I'm going through the entire gears series for the first time in preparation for gears 4 and I'm pleasantly surprised. I did the same with the god of war series in the summer I thoroughly enjoyed that as well. What is it with people shitting on these two franchises all of the time? I'm really getting sick of most western games getting unfairly judged while most jap games aren't.

Cred Forums is mostly sony fans and pc. xbox doesn't get received well here most of the time no matter how good a game is.

Digital is actually cheaper since theres no tax. Its $60 straight up intead of $64 or whatever

Not for me, senpai. £49.99 for the standard version on the Xbone store, and only £41.99 if I buy it physical from Argos.

Well its different then for california united states compared to europoors

More like tears of war

>What is it with people shitting on these two franchises all of the time?
A lot of people here view them as responsible for 'casualizing' third person games.

worse than uplay? Jesus you must be memeing

The delay between sprint/shoot and roll/shoot they added between gears 1 and 2 killed mp for me, totally fucked the shotgun meta. I couldnt stand gears 2

no mortar...are you for real. tat thing was so badass in horde, just raining down hell with an active. what the fuck man

See

>mulcher
>Tri-shot

Why have two miniguns

>those shitty new robot guns

Fuck that.

yes windows store is worse than uplay, WAY worse. Uplay was never as bad as people make it out to be, and at least you can get cheap uplay keys

but how else are you gonna have a cinematic silky smooth 15 fps experience? At least I hopo this port will be decent on PC

not even fucking close faggot. steam > origin > windows > uplay

uplay is so fucking intrusive and shitty. even on consoles you cant escape that shit, you need a fucking uplay account to play ubisoft games on console. fuck ubisoft

>consoles
opinion discarded.
Seriously there's nothing wrong with uplay, fuck off faggot.

youre in a thread about a console series, you need to fuck off faggot ass ubishill. no one cares about assassins creed or far cry

>Seriously there's nothing wrong with uplay

I love Queen Myrrah!!

How did she give birth to all those Locusts!?!?!?!

That's crazy!!!

nice argument, still want to know what's wrong with uplay, apart from "I have to log in in my cucksole"
thing is if you bought a xbone you are fucking retarded and should not talk

Berserkers are the ones who birthed the Locusts.

They were chained down and raped to reproduce.

I wish they would have given an explanation for her existence

>Also, games on the Windows Store literally never go on sale.
They had one after the Steam summer sale actually, I picked up gears UE for half off I think.

Reverse search gives nothing

that's because no one was buying that thing

test

yeah say that now kid, right before you get btfo and have no community to play gears 4 mp with. youll need to wait until they put it on steam or get an xbone, you stupid ass virgin pcuck.

Wrong again, finding people to play will never be a problem, not until I get bored of the game anyway. Also I'd rather chop my balls off than play any shooter with a controller

I was glad when dom died MAAAAAARIAAAAAAA got fucking annoying. Only cared for Baird and Cole and the Carmines.

What happened to the Berserkers? They removed them after Gears 1.

People who bitched about Dom didn't know his wife was missing for 15 years and when she went missing he didn't know about it. When he finally found her she was actual on the verge of death. So after a 15 year search within a few moments he had to kill her to put her out of her misery and then leave her body to rot in the locust caves where god only knows what creatures snatched her and ate her body.

I read all the books and know all that I just literally did not care about Dom or Marcus because they are so boring compared to the other characters. You literally have to not pay attention to one or two at all to not have that horrific missing wife story burned into your mind.

I can still preload it on Xbone and Windows so I don't think they revoked it. Will only know for sure when it launches though.

No they didn't.

>steam saved pc gaming
yes goy... keep buying those early access and steam greenlight shovelware games... allow the paid mods! keeping spending shekels in the steam market! let nothing stop steam's monopoly!

I didn't really care much at all, until the last week or so. Probably mostly due to the fact that I ordered a 4K TV that'll be showing up this week, and I want a new game to play on it. I guess I'll marathon the rest of the series until then. I never played the "Ultimate" version of Gears 1 or Judgment, and I only played 3 once, so it'll kind of be a fresh experience.

what trick?

Is there a Gears of War General?

I'm interested in the story a little, not a huge multiplayer person though. I'll probably pick it up if it goes on sale, I'm glad it looks like a good port though, just can't justify $60 just for the campaign.

Then you better buy the console version because PC multi will be dead in a month

I still don't get what her deal is. Why does she look human, or is it never explained? It's kind of sad when plot theories you brainstorm with friends are way more interesting than the story we actually got.

>Pre-GoW 2 theory:
The inhabitants of Sera are actually the descendants of colonists from Earth, who have been there so long, that they eventually lost that part of their history. The Locusts are actually the original inhabitants of the planet, and were decimated by the colonists and forced underground. They spent countless generations replenishing their numbers, building their forces, developing technology, and waiting for their chance to retake the surface.

>Post-GoW2 theory:
Adam Fenix and Myrrah (possibly Marcus' mother) genetically engineered the Locust as a way of mass producing soldiers to fight in the Pendulum Wars, the supply of able bodied human soldiers growing lower by the year. Either becoming corrupted in some way, or just deciding "fuck humanity", Myrrah takes her research, goes into hiding underground, and mass produces a Locust army as a way of ending the Pendulum War and maybe humanity as a whole. The Sires were the early prototypes for the Locust.

says who?

Your mom will be dead in a month.

I just said I wasn't interested in the multi, I just want to play through the story.

>Windows 10

lol

One day I won't have a choice in the matter and have to upgrade if I want to continue playing vidya but when that day comes, I'll still have a laptop with Windows 7 and an SSD for my personal information, docs, business, pr0n, etc.

>carmine still not confirmed

>anti-aliasing setting
>low, medium, high, ultra

There's literally a million other settings that are customization and this triggers you?

yes it triggers me because it doesnt tell me shit.

what kind of AA is medium? what kind is high?

Well I will put in a word to TC if I can make contact and see if I can make it get patched.

Is Griffin a playable character? I need to know so I can play as shitposting: the character.

I think the problem is that we don't know if it's FXAA or MSAA. Unfortunately SweetFX doesn't work in DX12 so no SMAA, but TXAA is close enough I suppose.

Also if you don't want any blurriness downsampling works in Windows Store games.

We need help in the Gears General on /vg/.
Any help is appreciated. If we can last the night, we will have a real community sustaining itself.
I'll be giving out some zombie JD skins after I make another run to Walmart tomorrow.

Carminebros what's your panic level at right now?

Don't worry lads you can play as E-day Cog gear and pretend to be carmine

IT'S NOT THE SAME

>anti-aliasing quality: ultra

>terrible fucking store, worse than Uplay and Origin ever were
the store is literally built into Windows 10 you don't even need to download it. Uplay and Origin have no reason to exist, the Windows store isn't a social platform like those though