R-R-REMEMBER ME GUYSS?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/RBWME29HMNVYVbICiWRzsg/
youtu.be/jy7kJsEdkNA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Everything.

A lot of gameplay decisions
Should have been more of a one to one copy of pokemon. Battling wild pokemon for experience and the usual battle style
Oh and they got rid of footprint tracking

gacha for americans

No content. It's basically an alpha build.

People only gave it the time of day because of the concept.

niantic fucked it over

Whirlwind Attacks

Nintendo cucked Niantic and didn't give any of the rights to anything that would make the game resonate with their coveted mainline pokefandom, I.e the battle system and trading system. In the end Nintendo and Gamefreak won epic publicity and Niantic lost their gambit.

It eats too much battery and data.

Nothing, I go to a lot of different sites because of work and I still see people playing it daily, from adults in offices to kids in fast food joints, but you would need to go outside to notice this.

Nothing really. You were never supposed to last very long.

>3 months later
>still added absolutely fucking nothing

I still play, but fuck all has been added and it gets boring and more frustrating the higher you level

Normies are a fickle lot and will go from one flavor of the month to the next. They are not someone you rely on for brand loyalty.

Fucking Australia

>What went wrong?

Nothing, it's dead and good riddance.

Buddy Pokemon but that's next to fucking useless unless you walk everywhere

Nothing, people still play it. Go shill somewhere else.

Updates that add more content to the game would be nice. I'm level 24 now and I'm just kind of running out of major incentives to play.

Also some pokemon have chances for really goddamn awful movesets and there's not one goddamn thing you can do about it. Ever since launch I've been collecting magikarp and just this week I hit 400 candies... only to be 'rewarded' with a Gyarados that knows Bite and Twister. Twister being an attack that fucking Pidgey gets.

And then I evolved my Arcanine and got Fire Fang and Bulldoze.

What the fuck is wrong with Niantic?

>put effort into taking down gym
>nothing to prevent someone else from sniping you and putting their pokemon in the gym afterwards

So incredibly retarded

IWTFTF

>tfw Poliwrath with mud shot and submission

Also fuck having some fully evolved Pokemon be outright useless and cap at a thousand something. Alakazam doesn't deserve that shit.

>mobile game
It was doomed from the start.

I have fun with that "mechanic" sometimes. It's pretty much the kind of trolling they should be against, but them being so incompetent it's the closest thing you have to actually battling someone else.

Niantic was a mistake

Also releasing the game months before it was even finished. We should be having scheduled and random events for rare pokemon and new gens by now.

Things they could've implemented if they actually cared:

>Team turfs, divide the city in sections determined by pokestops. Each team can compete for control of a turf and if you are of the same team in control, you can receive benefits like more exp, higher chance of finding rare pokemon. Turfs are claimed by members of a team going to the pokestop and capturing it, the more members of a team there are the faster it becomes theirs, they could also be contested through pokemon battles with other teams. Meaning pokestops can become areas where pokemon trainers can socialize and battle.

>Pokemon battles turned based. Like the game. Pretty much just port the mechanics from the main games into pokemon go. Minus the HM moves.

>Limit of 6 pokemon in your party, with the others you capture either going into an app you can dowload for your desktop computer or able to access in specially designed areas, allowing for things like pokemon centers to exist.

>Gyms should be NPC controlled. And based around pokemon levels. Players can come in and put a "copy" of their pokemon team as a trainer to challenge other players, and if they last long they can receive rewards. All pokemon levels will be lowered to match the Gym level.

>Gyms also control the levels of the pokemon that appear in the area, with only one level 100 gym in each city, and pokemon as strong as level 80 appearing in that area.

>Gyms under a team's turf can be customized to be a certain type, for example maybe Mystic team would like their gyms to be ice type. With a limited number of gym types per city.

>Pokemon appear randomly as you walk instead of you having to track them, maybe designate some areas with "tall grass" so people know they can go there to look for pokemon instead of having to look all over the city.

>Let pokemon that appear be influenced by time of day, height, temperature and presence of other players in the area.

and so much more.

launched a broken game just like everyone else

It's a dead game and not worthy of keeping. Now reccommend me some good mobile games. I there has to be SOMETHING good out there.

>this dumb shit
lol

Banner Saga isn't a bad mobile port

Not on Windows Phone

I enjoyed shadowverse for like a week.

Really though unless your emulating a handheld device or playing a port it's probably trash

well, fuck you too

This so much, nerds playing pokemon are so stupid. BRB must post selfies on instagram :p

Another fad

>Mail 3450

I liked Riptide GP2, for most of the time I just use emulators to play older games though.
>playing Forbidden Memories on the go

What can I say I'm a popular guy

FGO :^)

>Normies got tired of Pokemon Go
>The ending of the anime was so shit they had to pull a reboot and ripoff Yokai Watch
>/vp/ is getting deleted
>Sun and Moon all but confirmed to be shit

Is this the end for Pokefags?

Spammers aren't your friends, buddy :^)

Soda Dungeon
Extreme jobs' knight's assistant

What the fuck is up with Alakazam? I have like 20 abra candies because I never see the fucker but everyone says he's ass.

Meanwhile pokemon that you don't usually associate with being strong are top fucking tier: Lapras, Exeggcutor, Golduck, Vaporeon, Exeggcutor, Tentacruel, and Exeggcutor. The fact that those pokemon are, comparatively, easy to get makes it even more bullshit. You have to work your ass off to get candies for Magikarp, Abra, Geodude, Clefairy, and then they're worthless as fuck.

NOT TO MENTION the severe anti-electric type bias. Have you fucking seen the caps on electric types?

Nothing. It was never supposed to be sucessful. The only reason we are talking about it is because it's one of those games that becomes a meme and that everyone bandwagons on.

>anime ending

what is this

no trading

no battling

last time i booted up they had removed footprints which defeated the entire gameplay element of hunting pokemon, which was the only actually "gameplay" left.

pretty simple.

>Sun and Moon all but confirmed to be shit
Epic meme bro!

you cant track them anymore

it was kinda fun to pin point them while searching them
also no content

boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/RBWME29HMNVYVbICiWRzsg/

Nothing. They don't have to satisfy their customers. They don't even have to satisfy 10% of them. They don't have to try to satisfy basically any of them.

Almost all mobile game revenue comes from whales, players that burn entirely too much money. Just by having a game with microtransactions, they are going to attract whales with absolutely no standards who are going to wave around their wallets as though it's really something to be proud of.

The main point is that mobile games make their investment back and start making huge profits within weeks or even days.

>I still play
Kill yourself.

I don't see how you could have ever maintained an attitude that it would actually sustain it's popularity

>I-It will be good, I swear!
>I-It only LOOKS shit!

WHAT
HOW IS THAT A THING THAT WOULD HAPPEN

Ash and his Greninja jobbed the hardest possible

Lvl 34 botting master race here

2010's kids will remember this

Yeah, I have, electric is dogshit. Though I will say a Jolteon with good IVs and high CP can wreck shit 600 or more CP if you're good at dodging. Still garbage that the only electric type that isn't trash-tier is a legendary that no one has yet (god forbid it actually happens, the gyms will be even more of a pain when they're stacked with MewTwo and Moltres instead of just Snorlax and Dragonite).

The game itself was garbage ensuring it'd never be more than a month long fad.

You have yet to say why it looks like shit.

Should have put "cuck" in that post somewhere.

Wow. This picture really made me think...

Just the usual, the XY season ended with Ash getting second place in the Kalos League Tournament.

Worf would be proud.

nothing

What went wrong was everyone on Cred Forums not buying stocks in Nintendo then immediately cashinhg out

Shills repeated post on all the social media sites:

>What went wrong?
>REMEMBER ME?
>Why doesnt anyone play this anymore?
>This is just so outdated now...

When its still the most popular app on all the app stores.

I dont remember what kind of logical fallacy it is, but you are really trying to kill/phase this app out by trying to manipulate popular opinion into dislike for it by downplaying its popularity and widespread-ness.

Its really fucking obvious, guys.

The game is shallow and lacks proper incentives to keep playing it, but at least it gave us Candela so it's not all bad.

I never thought about it, but a vast majority of Cred Forums threads are little more than clickbait.
>TOP TEN REASONS THIS ARTICLE *REALLY* MAKES YOU THINK
>When you see what this literallywho posted on twitter, you'll think they're based!

It's cute, really. Cred Forums literally thinks that these cheaply made, almost purely profit generating mobile games operate by the same rules as their AA, indie, or AAA games.

It's yet another rehash, but this time you can see your character in battle!

Oh, and there's boss battles! something that was in every single RPG, ever! Something that even Digimon did! WOW!

The designs are worse than they've ever been, but get defended because the le gen 1 meme.

That piece of shit fangame Nintendo took down had way more new shit than Game Freak would ever dare to include.

The game is somehow being dumbed down even further with a Navi like companion, and the ability to know which moves you should use in every battle, we're a step away from the game playing itself.

There's no endgame. The only thing to do once you hit level 20 is to a.) capture a gym that'll be taken within 30 minutes unless you have a botted CP 3000 something Dragonite or b.) capture a bunch of Pidgey to evolve and throw away with a lucky egg just so you can level up. Capturing gyms gets tiring especially if you're one of those guys who doesn't bot and have to sacrifice a small goat to get a CP1500 shitter (or Vaporeon) to catch a meaningless gym.

What went wrong is that even after getting so much fucking money they still haven't made a major update on the game to keep people in.

You just need to find out of the way gyms around level 5 to 9. Then you need to worry about them getting to level 10 and assholes using alt accounts with other teams to kill the first couple of mons to put theirs in.

>Pokemon battles turned based. Like the game. Pretty much just port the mechanics from the main games into pokemon go.
They'd never do this because otherwise there would be no reason to buy the mainline games

They actually can't make Pokemon Go worth playing without seriously damaging sales of mainline handheld games, and since Pokemon is one of the few reasons people buy nintendo handhelds, there's no way Nintendo would ever let Niantic do that.

>Shit freemium game
>Niantic's incompetence
>Hypetrainwreck
>"Pokemon go to the polls"

>Made fucktons of money. Not just off of freemium sales, but from selling the information you gave to them
>Niantic is now a name people know
>More people than ever are really interested in the next Pokemon game

This game may have been utter shit, but it accomplished everything it set out to do.

it didn't happen you fucking retard

>Make a cool furbait servant that is a reason why there aren't much modern servants
>Get shitted on cause he isn't Shuten Douji or a flavor of the month moebait servant
Where's the Sacchin route you fucking hack?

>there would be no reason to buy the mainline games

considering the success they experienced with pokemon go, they really should just can the main games and focus on releasing full games for mobile.

the main games are getting too dumb at this point

I don't get why they didn't just give every end form pokemon the same stat cap and just let you pump candy and stardust into the ones you like. There would be some actual variety in gyms that way.

>Pure Retardation: The Post

Neck Yourself

>Caught a literally perfect Dratini today, in an area that normally has just Rattata and Pidgey
>Will never get enough candy to evolve

Soccer Spirits AKA Soccer Sluts

NO
MORE EXEGGCUTES
MORE LAPRAS
MORE ARCANINE

YOU LIKE STEEL TYPES?
YOU LIKE ELECTRIC TYPES?
YOU LIKE FAIRY TYPES?
YOU LIKE GENGAR?
YOU LIKE ALAKAZAM?
YOU LIKE BASIC POKEMON WHO DO NOT EVOLVE THAT ARE NOT LAPRAS OR SNORLAX?

FUKK U

>Pokemon Go first comes out
>See a thread about it on Cred Forums, someone says the game won't last
>All the Nitenyearolds start whining saying it will last and it's not just a trend
>Fast forward a few months
>Dead as can be
Toplel

Not counting Speed
Not giving us trade system and battle system from the GB games
I am ok with everything else

Nintendo would never do this because it would hurt their handheld hardware sales significantly. Nintendo is really between a rock and a hard place. Their hardware shit and only purchased begrudgingly. Their original fanbase is gone and now they have to awkwardly transition to the changing markets and they are not doing so well.

youtu.be/jy7kJsEdkNA
>that trailer
Haha I'll be sure to check it out. Thanks user

>rehash
goddamn it Cred Forums

>mainstream media so fucking desperate they use pokemon to try and convince people to vote for hillary
if she gets schlonged she will fucking kill herself, I guarantee it

Nothing. I am finding some amazing places in my town!

normies reee

Niantic happened. You could argue the game was doomed from the start since it's mobile shit, but they more or less jumped the shark once they took away pokemon tracking and gimped the capture rates.

Also what posted is pretty accurate. These games aren't so much made to be games as they are to suck the money out of whales who pay for social status. It's not a coincidence that the game is massively popular with chinese players.

It's just a shitty mobile game. Nothing went 'wrong', just nothing really went right. Nobody can play this game for months on end, there just isn't enough meat to it.

Nothing, I still know tons of casual mobile players playing it daily. They're the target audience, so I'd say it's still going strong where it's meant to.

What's the issue?

My gf plays this game. Usually her friend picks her up to drive her around so she can catch pokemon. He's a nice guy.

Catered to the least faithful part of a mostly shit fanbase

It was a fad

Terrible gameplay

No depth

No good moderation on who cheats

Because Ingress was much better

Hah, that's hilarious. The gay bear bar I frequent is also a Pokestop, it's a little odd.

no new pokemon in my route of going out. i just go across town and see the same grass pokemon.

Where

I bet she thinks so too :)

gahhhhhh I bet some redditor literally does this IRL

Yeah she does shes always hanging out with him!

When they removed the tracking, they removed the interest.

A neat concept that had no way to make large amounts of money in the short period of time that it could hold people's attention. It then failed to evolve the concept in a meaningful way to continue to hold people's attention and to attract new players.

Furthermore they unsuccessfully informed investors of the correct company that created it and everyone mistakenly invested in Nintendo.

>mfw I saw a guy actually playing this
>in october

what the fuck was his problem?

Blocking rooted players.

Kek

>Looks like shit

>IV training so any Pokemon is competitive
>Great designs so far
>Changing the formula with no gyms
>Removing HM slaves
>Alolan forms for the gen wunners
>Z moves probably replacing Mega shit
>Looks like it might be a sequel for best boy Colress
>Team Skull

It's looking like it could be better than B/W2.

Shadowverse.

>Changing the formula with no gyms

Hol' up, what?

>>IV training so any Pokemon is competitive

Having 31s isn't going to stop shitmons from being shitmons

keked well done my friend

>Great designs so far

final fantasy record keeper

Providence RI.

The eagle?

A game that was 15% completed got shipped to the market.

Actually this. I had some fun with that for a while.

Y-yeah.

Shadowverse doesnt have too many good reviews. Is it still worth a download?

Anyone who didn't think this shit was going to die after a month was lying to themselves

>How dare a person play a game!

there was 2 nights in a row where i went out to a hotspot in my area with a bunch of friends, and everyone was playing it, hundreds. local businesses were doing discounts related to the game and such, and tracking wasnt disabled yet

dead or not (and honestly it was pretty shit in the first place), i chalk this game up to being worth it for those 2 nights alone

Since when is the eagle a bear bar ;) it's okay I won't tell anyone it's the leather fetish bar.

Little piggy. Woof

It's a general term. I usually just go to the bear nights they have once a month or so.

Not like there's anywhere better to go around there.

Where exactly are you looking that it has bad reviews?

Google Play store has it at 4 stars and the ios store has it at 5 and most of the bad reviews are from technical issues that've been since fixed or idiots thinking everything should be free (you actually get a ton of packs just for logging in during various events and completing story missions).

Friendly reminder that you don't actually enjoy the things you like doing, your brain just tricks you into thinking you enjoy them by making you feel like you're enjoying them. Everything you do makes you a sheep.

your ideas are even more incompent than niantic's devs

fair point. I'll try it. Thanks for the suggestion.

They had the whole world and lost it because they were too lazy to put out updates quick enough. Get fucked.

I lack free will, I know. I only play games because my friends do, I do not enjoy the collection or exploration aspect of Pokemon Go at all. I have not lost ten pounds since getting the app, clearly I am a diseased and pathetic MILLENNIAL.

Then it's no different than genuinely enjoying something

This is true, but worded in a way that implies society is responsible, and not the fact that people are naturally occurring machines.

You are now in charge of Pokemon Go

How do you redeem this game

Thanks for the Red pill you fucking roastie

Marvel Future Fight and any of the RayArk games, specially Implosion. Now fuck off.

Summoners War seems up your alley.

>Friendly reminder that you don't actually enjoy the things you like doing, your brain just tricks you into thinking you enjoy them

Oh, don't you worry. My brain doesn't do that either.

I was thinking of getting that but I just didn't really like it. I heard after Defenders of Texel got shut down a shit load of people went to Summoners.

Pic Related: Thanks for the suggestions guys

>>IV training so any Pokemon is competitive

Watch this happen to make it as tedious as possible.

>Sliver bottle caps are 100 BP a piece.
>No Blissily bases.
>Only trainer over level 60 that's refightable is the rival that's only once a day and gen 5 exp scaling means it will take forever to reach level 100.

Is contest of champions any good?

>Trading
>Remove leveling caps for pokemon so all of them can be competitive in some way and so electric types aren't completely worthless
>Make Speed stat actually do something
>Remove stupid XS and XL system so XL pokemon aren't worthless
>Remove "joke" movesets from pokemon like Gyarados and Poliwrath
>Give an incentive to use Basic pokemon that do not evolve like Magmar
>Put in evolutions for Gen1 pokemon like Golbat or Poliwhirl or whatever
>Have special "Swarm" events where unique or rare pokemon like Ditto or Mr. Mime swarm in designated locations, maybe where foot traffic won't be a nuisance
>Remove Pokestops from veteran memorials and churches
>Give Legendary pokemon out for events or special days, but in gyms cap their levels or stats

I discovered a pokestop in a blatantly obvious "cruising" park near where I live. Like an old run down bathroom with all sorts of graffiti on the walls and shit.

It's actually funny how annoying it must be for guys who cruise. Now young people idling in parks are no longer interested in fucking.

>genV ep scaling
rrreeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

So uh, do you go to the Eagle at all user?

I'm just asking.

For a friend.

The mainline games are better

That lion is pure sex.

It's just a zoid user, calm down.

It has a bigger roster and grafix than the other mobile Marvel games(except for that stacking one, maybe), but the game is pretty dull and after a while you'll be depending on even bigger RNG than an MMO.

It's generally agreed that MFF is the best one, when it comes to current Marvel games. And DC ones, too.

Who else here is buying SM day one?

I'd imagine the whole point is to reduce the amount of hacked mons at tournaments and such. They're not gonna stop hacking them in, so they might as well give similar tools to legitimate players.

You'll still probably have to breed for egg moves and natures, but at least it won't be a 30 hour grind for 1/6th of a team anymore.

I will not have the money since I'm saving for Christmas shit. I was going to buy it for my kid sister but she hasn't finished Y or Omega Ruby yet.

Nothing. Still going strong world wide.

Rice Park's fucked.

So is Taylor High.

>My hometown has like five pokestops
>4 of them are from businesses that have closed down or taken down whatever the stop was made for
>One is a mcdonalds mural
I just don't get it.

>make game aimed at casuals with a fleeting attention span
>make mad bucks for a few days
>casuals get bored and leave because they have a fleeting attention span

Nobody should have expected anything else. The game actually lasted longer than I thought it would, even.

R-R-REMEMBER ME GUYSS?
And enjoy your ban

Because it's not rural friendly. Fuck the current spawn mechanics.

Every single time this thread comes up, the answers are the same
>disabled in-game tracking
>C&D 3rd party tracking sites
>disabled playing while driving

>ban

lol did you wander off Cred Forums for the first time?

>What went wrong?

Bots and spoofers...I've seen gyms get sniped and filled with 4 pokemon with nobody around. Seriously, the gym was at the beach.

Enjoy your roasted sperm.

Solitaire or any card game really.

#NoChin

snake and tetris

>made Nintendo into billionaires within a day
>turned a no name dev into millionaires
It did its job well.

Should have been pokewalker on your phone, but it wasn't.

>3000+ emails
>plays mobile games with lots of microtransactions
>on an Iphone

not sure if bait or retarded

never go full WoW