If Fallout 4 tried to render this, it would convulse wildly before shitting itself to death. Based CryEngine...

If Fallout 4 tried to render this, it would convulse wildly before shitting itself to death. Based CryEngine. Based Dambuster.

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/105789/if-cryengine-netcode-wasn-t-good-for-mmo-then-why-use-it-in-the-first-place
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

don't like 13 year old game engines user?

CryEngine is 12 years old. Which makes the shitshow that is Creation Engine all the more alarming.

>literally not one good game was ever made using it
>most of them are laughably broken and buggy

Yeah, ""based"" CryEngine.

>Fallout 4 is a terrible game
>It's still better than the latest Homefront

Because you need to pay for it.

Over 90% of all Unity games are shit but because shits free people keep making games with it and eventually some decent show up.

Star Citizen up in the house.

>most of them are laughably broken and buggy
What are these buggy and broken CryEngine games?

>Star Citizen
>Warface
>Crysis 2
>Homefront: The Revolution
>Enemy Front
>Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric

Just to name a few.

Now only if Homefront was a good game.

>>Crysis 2
Crysis 2 is great, though. There's nothing "broken" or "buggy" about it. What on earth are you talking about?
>>Homefront: The Revolution
It got fixed, though.
>>Star Citizen
It's in development. Wow, it has bugs. What a shock.
>>Enemy Front
It's not THAT buggy. It has the usual number of bugs for a Eurojank FPS title.

>Crysis 2 is great, though. There's nothing "broken" or "buggy" about it

AI is beyond retarded even preventing you from progressing in some occasions, first person animations are prone to failing (climbing, reloading mag, switching firemodes, swapping weapons), sounds tend to skip if there's too many sources playing at once, framerate being capped at 30hz on certain monitor (lucky me), ammo pool turning into a negative number which prevents you from resupplying. And don't even get me started on the absolute shitfest that was the multiplayer.

>It got fixed, though.
I'll take your word for it. I don't have any intentions of reinstalling to see for myself.

>It's in development
Still counts people are able to get their hands on it right now :^)

>It's not THAT buggy
Oh yes it was, bud. The horrible AI pathing made stealth insufferable and bullets would phase through enemies completely.

I assume you've never played Warface? Good, you really shouldn't. Legitimately the worst fucking thing I've ever forced myself to play.

An accurate summary of those shitstains.

Well done, user.

>AI is beyond retarded even preventing you from progressing in some occasions
Examples?
>first person animations are prone to failing (climbing, reloading mag, switching firemodes, swapping weapons), sounds tend to skip if there's too many sources playing at once
Never seen or heard this. Might be a hardware incompatibility. Crysis 2 is famous for how diverse and good its first person animations are.
>framerate being capped at 30hz on certain monitor
Pretty sure that only happens to people who use HDMI.
>ammo pool turning into a negative number which prevents you from resupplying.
Rare bug. Like, super rare.
>And don't even get me started on the absolute shitfest that was the multiplayer.
What was wrong with the MP?

>I assume you've never played Warface? Good, you really shouldn't. Legitimately the worst fucking thing I've ever forced myself to play.
Never played it, but Warfare has fairly good reviews and is fairly popular. It looks like it's still under active development.

>what was wrong with the MP

The Cry Engine's netcoding is just laughably bad.

forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/105789/if-cryengine-netcode-wasn-t-good-for-mmo-then-why-use-it-in-the-first-place

It's the biggest fear among Star Citizen shills.

Not the guy you're responding to btw

>The Cry Engine's netcoding is just laughably bad.
It's not, though? The netcode is fine.
>It's the biggest fear among Star Citizen shills.
The netcode wasn't intended for MMOs. It has been used for several MMOs in the past, but those of the same scale as Star Citizen.

To repeat, there's nothing actually wrong with CryEngine's netcode.

>Examples?
That one level where hoards of aliens are attacking your position and you have to fend them off with marines. Some would refused to stay within the arena which means you'll have to restart the level.
>Might be a hardware incompatibility.
Doubt my 590 should have suffered. It was a Nvidia brand game after all.
> Crysis 2 is famous for how diverse and good its first person animations are
Animations were pretty good, they did cut some corners on the reloading animations, but that's not the point. It seems to be a innate engine bug animations failing to play properly continued to be a problem in Crysis 3.

>Pretty sure that only happens to people who use HDMI.
Bugs like that shouldn't have happened at all. Crysis 1/warhead didn't have such problems form my understanding.

>Rare bug. Like, super rare.
Call me unlucky. It was a continuous problem whenever I picked up the Grendel, which was the weapon I happened to like the most.

>What was wrong with the MP?
The game locking up before/after the match, atrocious hitdetection, falling through geometry, insanely high latency, different game mods not working properly (pods not dropping in crashsite mode, not being able to pick up/capture the flag in capture the flag mode)

>It seems to be a innate engine bug animations failing to play properly continued to be a problem in Crysis 3.
Most people don't have an issue with Crysis 3's animations, either. If I had to guess, it could be some sort of sound driver issue. CryEngine is a bit fussy when it comes to hardware and drivers.

>crysis 2
>great

shit taste confirmed

>there's nothing wrong with CryEngine's netcode, i-it's just incompatible with an entire genre

Go home Crytek