What does Cred Forums think of the monster huntan genre?

What does Cred Forums think of the monster huntan genre?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=j679MphXJew
youtube.com/watch?v=Wl-AagsSKJs
youtube.com/watch?v=YifXp1sWMBU
siliconera.com/2013/09/25/hundred-people-worked-monster-hunter-4/
siliconera.com/2014/04/18/monster-hunter-4-developers-traveled-around-world-collect-data/
youtube.com/watch?v=_w9u4cAOIGY
youtube.com/watch?v=uRUPDwexNIs
pastebin.com/GaKfEChk
youtu.be/9HUtmlgpg0c
youtube.com/watch?v=eZgXUn2Ry7c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Its perfect and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.

The next one better be on consoles.

This.

Seriously, I'm getting sick of playing on this tiny-ass screen.

>monster huntan
>genre
what? Just because a game has clones doesn't mean it is it's own genre

it's an Action RPG

You remind me of the stupid dunces who think "Metroidvania" and "Soulsborne" are it's own genre

none of my friends will play it with me unless its on console or PC. It sucks

I like Monster Hunter and Soul Sacrifice, but nothing else I've tried has even come close to those games' different strengths.

They need to come out on consoles again like 3rd Gen. I don't care about GRAFFIX so let them do what they did with MH3U, I'm tired of playing these games on handheld

Is there any decent alternative is a PC is the only gaming machine I have?

What the fuck does "genre" even mean? Isn't it just a term to imply certain features in a product? Monster hunting is a fine genre descriptor.

They're subgenres

you can emulate the psp games with ppsspp and use several mods to make it prettier than the home console ones

it even has working netplay iirc

God Eater
>decent
I got nothing

Pretty sure the next game is going to come out on NX, considering they haven't announced it yet.

Being so precise about genres is retarded. Games like borderlands and Destiny have all the same kinds of things going on but no one is going to be happy if you suggest them to a person who just got finished playing Terranigma.

Also hunting games are fine I guess but I don't really like them. It's shitty when you have to fight a dude 40-50 times to get a piece of gear that's not even good, it's basically a 4 person MMO. And just like an MMO they're full of awful filler quests like mushroom hunting or kill 14 generic non-boss monsters. That shit puts me to sleep and makes me give up on a lot of those games before even fighting the first boss.

There's God Eater Resurrection, and God Eater 2 Rage Burst. They're faster paced and more story heavy, but they're still fun. You can freely switch between melee and gun forms, and craft bullets. Look into it, you might like it.

I love monster hunter. Tried playing Ragnarok Odyssey Ace and I like the way armor skills work but I hate how many thousands of "kill fifty mini mobs" levels there were and how you just had to run through rooms and rooms of nothing important to get to the boss

Was Ragnarok Odyssey good?

"Genres" were invented by jews to separate and commoditize art so it could be sold to morons and joiners. Please kill yourself and help end genre autism forever.

Used to be GOAT but now it's gone to shit
The ripoffs suck ass

I wish that more genres tried the fantasy hunting theme.

I really want to believe that but knowing Capcom they'll just release it on the cheapest current console (3ds) and the best we can hope for is a console port

Emulate FU. it's easily the best in the series
I think PPSSPP even does netplay now

Oh wow, Final Fantasy Explorers was so good! I can't believe there are more games in the Explorers genre!

I have never played any of these games, but I got the one for the WiiU a few months back because it was cheap as fuck.
What's their appeal? How do you play them?
I haven't touched mine, but I'm looking into it to see what the fuss is all about.

Man that game sucked
>Get RNG buffs added to all your attacks so you have 18 versions of the same skill with menial upgrades to each of them!

The appeal is you fuck monsters up with giant swords and hammers
You play them by fucking up monsters with giant swords and hammers

I wish they were more committed to putting games on console instead of 3DS, I hate the 3DS controller.

I had to quit playing because i cant deal with buying a new fucking handheld because capcom wants to swtich every sequel.

This.
Plus if you didn't buy a new 3DS in 2014 then fuck playing newer games on it

Why do you say that? I actually just went back to a 2ds from a n3ds xl because the screen makes everything look ten times shittier.

Okay Cred Forums, I play DB and SnS but I want to get into long range weapons. Which is worth investing my time in, Bow LBG or HBG?

>add 10+ new ammo types
>have no documentation on any of them even in the Hunter's Notes
cool game

Pokemon Go

Pokemon is the best hunting game not even lying.

I picked up Bow for Gen and found it pretty easy to get into. It introduces ammo management with coatings and lets you free aim but doesn't make you useless if you do it poorly. The bow is also significantly more mobile than LBG and HBG making it an easy transition for BMs who don't like sitting around.

Also Adept Bow is easy mode. As long as you don't get stuck in an animation you can dodge out of literally anything.

MonHun is the only good one

How in depth is character creation?

I want to make a thicc brown amazoness character, but I won't bother with the games if the characters are Oblivion-tier uggo

literally full of inferiros to the orignal.
Seriously is not that ahrd to undertand i find hard to belive people suck so much at making good clones out of it.

I would like to change my direction mid-combo

i think player 4 has the best taste

The point is to mutate the mutations until you have one version of the attack with fifty thousand effects on it. It's not the game's fault you're too stupid to think.

Also can we do away with the whole "FFE is a monster hunter clone" meme when it's clearly a phantasy star clone?

MH itself is pretty great

I haven't played Soul Sacrifice Delta in a good while but it was good for what it was

Almost completely forgot about my vanilla Toukiden experience

Wasn't big on Freedom Wars

>have to get that crystal power up in order to level up a skill
>it MIGHT level up
>some had caps
>game did fuck all in telling you what capped when
>you might be thinking you just aren't winning the RNG lottery
>Oh, but make sure it was the appropriate crystal power up, because it might have a shitty skill, now go menu fish the right one
>enemies power up based on number of players
>shit will one shot you
>no dodge feature, only block on 2 classes
Man, fuck that game, and fuck aberrant Fenrirs. Holy shit, did anyone play test that fight?

you can change your
hair
hair color
skin color
and you probably will never even see that because of helmets and armor

you can change your eye color, a facial feature and your voice
but you will never be able to see your eye color or facial feature

>I think PPSSPP even does netplay now
For over 2 years at least

WHERE MAH LANCE BROS @?

Character creation in Monster Hunter is basic as shit, though the series has progressively added to it don't get too worked up about it when you're viewing the game on a tiny as fuck resolution. Males and females get different armor meshes.

For male characters especially, a lot of it is made irrelevant when they get a lot of full-faced helmets. Exception would be some of the earring/feather gear for the head practically being endgame staples in some games.

Female characters by contrast have a lot more open-faced helmets and a ton of their armor is slutwear that mixes with each other better than their male counterparts. And yes, you can get your delicious brown.

I'm starting out and considering going through most of MH3U with mostly Lance and Hammer.

>tfw HD monhun on NX

Perfect type of loot game you want, high difficulty possibility and great co-op.

but also

I started playing the Toukiden Kiwami demo and I love it.

never liked MH itself
did pick up God Eater Burst on a whim (on the PSP) and found it fun though

Best game isnt on console or pc

It's nice to have those options though.

It's alright

I love the genre, but am severely upset by the fact that almost every game in it is/was on a console I didn't own or was never translated.

If they made a PC version or an MMO that was in English, they'd have a customer for life in me, and probably a dedicated fanbase of several others. Instead, Capcom is content to release a bunch of titles on handhelds, make it's MMO Chinese and full of malware, and spend all their time making shitty DLC for Street Fighter. Then they wonder why their business is circling the drain.

>preferring GE over MH
Pleb as fuck

>RPG
no, it's an action hack and slash
>role playing
>no story at all
>stats don't matter it's all skill
>game revolves around grinding and getting good
sometimes people on this site just say the dumbest shit I swear

is there any chance these games ever make to console?

3U was on consoles

Yeah there is. Monster Hunter is releasing a Hollywood movie so there's a very high chance there will be a PS4/Xbone game to follow along.

God Eater is better and nintendogaf will disagree with me

I like the Monster Hunter games, don't like Generations that much, hope MH5 is more like 3 and 4. Can't stand God Eater or Soul Sacrifice, not sure what people see in them that's similar to monster hunter other than being a 3rd person action rpg. They put some items in the game to try to be like Monster Hunter but they play completely differently and the combat doesn't feel as interesting to me.

>Anyone who disagrees with me is a nintendrone
Okay, user.

Well you can easily emulate the psp ones and play with friends online.

>monster starts drooling
>parts start breaking
>it starts limping
das it mane

What are the odds that Capcom realizes how much of a shitfest MH4 was and moves back to the 2nd and 3rd gen style of play?
>Game looks like hot garbage even though 3U was great looking on the 3ds
>fucking ledges everywhere
>EVERYWHERE
>All the jumping and shit adds nothing to the gameplay, mounting is just a very slow ineffective way of knocking a monster out, you can do the same with a trap or flashbomb
>retarded story filled with shitty memes for the localization
>Every single new monster is a pain in the ass to fight, They jump around too much, plus they have way too many sniping moves
>shitty framerate
>Areas are just getting worse and worse with every game
>FUCKING LEDGES EVERYWHERE

Someone tell me about Toukiden Kiwami since my Vita has gotten a bit lonely

Is it practically like a G-Rank re-release or more of an overhaul like SSD

Ledges were good you fucking faggot, I loved the fucking jumping attacks. 3U Water is dogshit. Mounting is fun as fuck too.

>tfw monster hunter online will never have an english release

G rank re-release. Anyway Toukiden 2 is getting localized.

>Monster Hunter is releasing a Hollywood movie

Am I the only one still baffled by this? Seriously where did this come from?

>wanting monster hunter online in the first place

but user the 2017 one is already out

ill take anything as long as its not on a fucking handheld

Marketing. They want to sell the games to Chad and Thad.

Oh, neat. Its more open-world approach seems like a better fit for the PS4 than the Vita though, I'd imagine it would struggle or have to make many compromises on the latter.

Is Kiwami still worth my time?

>implying capcom wont find the easiest and cheapest way out
Watch MH5 be n3ds only with a minor graphics boost
Water is shit, but at least you only had to deal with it for certain monsters and then you move on with your life.
Every single fucking monster wants you to climb up and down chasing them. It's such a fucking drag when you're used to the fast paced action of FU or 3U.
Mounting is retarded after low rank. All the novelty wears off and you realize it's just a shitty button mashing mini-game with some timing elements.
Same with the jumping attacks. The time it takes you to get on a ledge, jump off and land a hit you could have pulled off a whole combo.
They just made the game slower while giving the illusion of a dynamic fight.
It's fucking shit

Are you fucking kidding me?
Thank fuck for PPSSPP keeping FU alive, MH is dead.
Every single series I love is either rotting or dead.
Where did it all go so wrong?

MHFU was one of the comfiest games I had ever played and I fully expected to think nothing of it. But if was the first and last MH game to come to a Sony handheld and I wasn't about to buy a Nintendo just to play another one.

Tried other clones like Toukiden and God Eater but those games just bastardized the style by making the whole thing about multiplayer boss battles.

But in the end, it's fine. MHFU was probably the best one they've made anyway and certainly had the best OST.

I wish there was another alternative to a polished PSO type of game. If the best elements of PSO, MH and SMT: Imagine could be combined into one game that would be everything I need

P3rd > FU

Wow, like all those other Hollywood video game movies? Tell me again how that Gears of war movie is coming along. Or Halo. Or Metal Gear Solid.

>MH is dead

lolwut

Starting MHGen with a great sword. Any early game armor or weapon tree recommendations? I'm just starting 4-star village quests.

Probably no need to bother with Kiwami, or depends on when 2 is getting localized. I only played the demo but it looks like a straight up upgrade but without Kiwami rank of course. Unless you care for the characters and story from the first one. Also don't bother with Vita version.

>implying capcom wont find the easiest and cheapest way out
>makes a hollywood movie
Yeah Capcom are cheapskates alright.

Haven't dabbed in getting something like a PS4, but I'll see what happens. At least that's one extra incentive, I guess.

I just wish more people learned from monster hunter's combat system and made games more about mitigating and avoiding damage then just brute forcing your way through.

Sadly sega is retarded, so we'll never get a game in the style of PSO ever again, and if they somehow make one they'll never localize it
You can play through the story of PS0, and blue burst still has active servers
MH is alive in the same way Spyro is alive

I've never played Monster Hunter but it looks fun

>But if was the first and last MH game to come to a Sony handheld and I wasn't about to buy a Nintendo just to play another one.

Just going to be that guy and say it was neither the first nor the last MH on a Sony portable.

I take it you want to get started?

Kiwami is fine on Vita. Rather, Toukiden in general is but the story in Kiwami was just the biggest asspull ever. Japanese writing tends to do it quite a bit but this wasn't even remotely interesting.

I want a full sized game with good graphics on my PC. I really liked it on 3ds, but I don't like playing on a hand held, and I figure online would be way better.

>MH is alive in the same way Spyro is alive

That doesn't mean anything

I don't like the grind.

I'm sorry you're too dense for metaphors user

I would enjoy it a lot more on a tv screen or something other than a fucking handheld. Fucking nips

Did one come to the Vita that I'm not aware of?

Portable 3rd on the PSP/PS3 you nignog

Also, Frontier is technically on the Vita

He's talking about MH Portable 3rd. Best selling MH ever. And funnily Capcom said P3rd is best played on Vita.
youtube.com/watch?v=j679MphXJew

if you have a hacked 3ds you can redirect the output to a tv

Man, that P3rd edition PSP looked baller as hell.

P3rd is still the most polished MH to date
If it had more monsters and a G-Rank it would be the best MH
Ditching that engine was the 1st major mistake the devs made

Yeah it's actually not just a cover change. It has concave analog, different speaker holes and 9 hours of battery. Rumor has it that in exchange for this PSP Capcom will have to make a PS3 MH, but they cop out with the shoddy P3rd HD instead that's a straight port.

Is this on the PS Store? I might check it out tonight

I really only enjoy Monster Hunter, so as an entire genre I can't say.

Regarding MH though I think it's a fantastic series with an insane amount of depth. For someone like me who enjoys a bit of grind in vidya as well as character action combat depth it's fucking brilliant. Add to it lots of charm, a great atmosphere, and a great community even on Cred Forums and it's one of the most consistently good series out there right now.

I do dislike it being on the 3DS though. I know Japan likes their mobile systems, and I know that's clearly the main audience for it. But I really wish we could get the series back on a console or even the PC. Imagining the series at a higher framerate, a good resolution, and with a controller/keyboard that can handle lots of shortcuts for items and abilities makes me drool. Hell, I'd even take it being on the Vita. At least then it'd have a better resolution. I really feel like the series is held back by its portable nature lately. They do a fantastic job of fitting everything on the 3DS, but you can tell it's barely managing. Textures look like garbage, the pre set shortcuts on the bottom screen are restrictive, there aren't enough buttons for everything you need, and generally it feels like the game could really open up some cool features with better hardware. But what can you do, my complaint isn't anything new.

I like hunting games and the grind. It's not for everyone, but they are way more fun than the core gameplay loop may hint at.

>that's a straight port
Meant to say that P3rd HD is emulated P3rd using built in PSP emulator in PS3.

Only on JP PSN. P3rd HD is easily emulateable on PPSSPP though.

It was the absolute tits when I first found out about it, but I'm seriously burnt out now. I might try the god eaters soon though.

Imagine the resell value on that

I had a lot of fun playing Phantasy Star Online with my bros, but have never gotten a group of friends interested in that kind of game again.

Mix regios and Mosgharl armors for fastcharge and critdraw

>Every single new monster is a pain in the ass to fight, They jump around too much, plus they have way too many sniping moves
this isn't a valid complaint when the raths have existed this whole time

Nintendo killed it by buying exclusivity and chaining it to their pissweak handheld whilst shitting out g versions faster than ever and now are shitting out a turn based JRPG no one asked for. We can only hope it back to console where it fucking started and belongs and we can stream it to the Vita/NX handheld if we want it mobile. BTW people should check out Toukiden 2 (not Kiwami) it's fantastic and MHX is a copy of it.

Toukiden's monster design is garbage

Well, if Capcom can make DD into an F2P MMO, then morphing MH into a movie franchise is a trivial matter for them.

Even if it was on PC I don't think I'd play KBM regardless of how good the default mappings ended up being
Feels wrong

I WISH it was a genre

I fapped to two Toukiden monsters, can't complain and imo the combat is way more fun than MH especialy with dual blades

How goes your progress on Monster Hunter Go, friendo? I almost got the rath plate I needed to finish my armor set but I ran out of durability reloads and didn't have enough wyporium points for any whetstones.

>two monsters

Not enough competition. There's basically monster hunter, and button mashan trash that usually leans heavily toward the being anime as fuck.

Naturally, it is only the garbage that is available outside portables.

But despite that, anything Monster Hunter doesn't do 'right' simply isn't being challenged sufficiently to get some good progress in the genre.

And maybe that will never happen, but damn, when Toukiden is the best competition can do when it's practically a straight up rip off.. yeah, the genre isn't going anywhere. I'm not entirely complaining since Monster Hunter is so good, but dammit it wouldn't hurt to get the thing on PC

>The USJ stuff was foreshadowing an MH movie by Universal Studios all these time
who would've thunk?

I fucking loved playing around with the pigment feature on the Regios X armor

Universal Studios Japan is only a theme park.

Your mom is a theme park.

Does that make me a theme park baby?

is this from some hot shit i can fap to

It appeals to me in every way but I hate the gameplay
So strange

please get off Cred Forums it is not a place for normies such as yourself :^)

More like a rollercoaster accident.

>yfw your future self scares you

Loved them on PS2, PSP, Wii but stopped because the 3ds screen is shitty. I am hoping those rumors of a new MH for PS4 are true. Or was it the new rumored Vita?

That one isn't porn

There's two other Mizutsune ones that are though, both of them ship male Zinogre. Don't expect to see the MxM one around any time soon.

It's kinda dumb and repetitive.

love it one of my favorite time sinks. though generations left a really really shitty taste in my mouth

>Cred Forums shits on korean online games
>love monster hunter which plays exactly like a korean grindfest

Explain because I do not see the differences. Kill the same monsters in the same looking areas over and over again for items with 1% chance of dropping just to craft better items and repeat the process.

There is no story or variety in gameplay.

Why is generations bad?

How long until Citra is able to emulate MH4U and Gen?

This. The wii version was the best for this exact reason. even with all its failings.

tl;dr, good idea and concept, poor execution and enabling fanbase that defends the poor design decisions made by the underfunded teams that make these. monhun is like a poorly realized Phantasy star online, with worse controls.
I think this fanbase is possibly MORE retarded then bethdrones or the faggots that come here to shill rockstar or capcom games thinkin we dont know they're paid to be here. I hate talking shit about my own fanbase but seriously you faggots are on some next level cancer surpassing even souls fags. This fanbase defends bad control mechanics, and bad monster design under the pretense that it's a learning curve when it's anything but. This is only acceptable in the modern industry where standards of design have fallen to the point where this gets past testing.

I love the idea of these games because I like armor/weapon progression systems that you have to EARN, which hits my grind autism in the right spot. But from a design aspect, it's complete garbage. There's a reason it's a niche, and it's not because it's not COD TRIPLE A SHIT for the ADHD kids, it's because it's genuinely bad in a lot of aspects.

Learning curves should not be designed around GENUINELY bad mechanics. That's bad and very lazy game design. it should be around the players skill at adapting, monhun is trial and error until you learn all situations with your weapon while a gigantic very fast mobile hitbox rampages around then flies or runs or (used to be) swims away like a faggot. You'll deflect and tell me to git gud anyway because you're brainless drones who think they're special snowflakes for learning bad game design.

For your info, I already "got gud" so your deflection wont work here because i'm speaking from a lot of hours of experience. It doesnt matter if theres more openings than the average scrub doesnt see, it doesnt matter if you can abuse your surroundings, it doesnt matter if dif weapons have dif use if the general overall design is still bad.

Repetitive garbage that only retards like.

Not that user, but mostly because of having one of the worst monster rosters since 1st generation.

Otherwise, Hunter Arts/Styles can really detract from the game in the wrong ways. They're fun, but not fun in the sense most of the audience came to appreciate monster hunter for. Instead they often tend to near trivialize some encounters.

That said, I don't think Gens is bad. It is simply the weakest monster hunter since 2nd generation.

The weapon and armor design is so damn good.

What's wrong with the mechanics?

3000+ hour player since Freedom and now Generations here btw.

Used to be so obsessed with MH. Went G-Rank and did basically everything for MHF/2 and Unite. Just gave up on the series after trying one of the 3DS titles. The 3DS controls are just abysmal, and the lock-on is just stupid.

MH is nowhere near dead, it just sucks that its dead for me.

Not him, but it has bad pacing overall, probably one of the worst starts in a MH game coupled with a lot of padding at the end with hyper monsters and especially with how the system handles deviant monsters and their equipment. Styles and hunter arts are really a novelty at best and really poorly balanced out ones overall at that, and in general the game isn't as challenging as the other games.

Not going to lie, it does have some nice changes here and there, but whatever OC it has is hardly worth the hassle.

Because they stay for the combat.

>Variety

There's many different weapon types to pick from, user. Try those.

I don't think you are bad.
I think you have horrible taste and I am glad your only influence on the gaming industry is shitposting on Cred Forums.

If you ever made a game or were a reviewer anyone would listen to you could do some real damage.

I just cheat in the gear i want to skip the grind

It and Dark Souls lie on a weird spectrum for me.

It's good to see all clones forcing variety.

With God Eater, Nioh, Lords of the Fallen, Toukiden, and Soul Sacrifice as fairly relevant contenders hopefully Capcom and From will either innovate again or step their game up.

I don't see Capcom really doing much with Monster Hunter as the contenders are all really medicore at best. No idea on the From stuff.

That's just a screenshot from MHO which is also nice and i suggest it.

They're garbage.

>Tfw got tired of MH with generations
>Playing God Eater for the first time
>it's fun

I never realized that MH is literally the only hunting game I've ever played. Playing a new one is like playing a new game in a genre (obviously). Like going from Mario to megaman or something.

I like how it feels and has a story to tell. Cant say I enjoy it more than MH but I'm glad it feels fresh and a more than solid enough game.

Are we all hyped for GEO and GE3?

youtube.com/watch?v=Wl-AagsSKJs
youtube.com/watch?v=YifXp1sWMBU

Or fucking PC and better not be a fucking MMORPG!

Fuck!! Can someone hack a fucking monster hunter and make the game to be able to locally host a game?

it's churrayzee genre you dumbfuck.

>content blatantly rehashed over and over
>same graphics since PS2
>clunky combat and lame rigid animations

This game isn't better than Fifa when it comes to selling you the same game every year. Actually in Fifa they update their engine.

It's a good game if you only need to buy one. If you buy sequels of this shit you literally fall for a scam.

>same graphics since PS2
>clunky combat
This better be on MonHun's OP on next thread.

explain

>attacks locks character into animations
>literally takes the control from the player at every action
>sometimes for several seconds
>not clunky as shit

You have to be autistic to tolerate this. Which doesn't surprises me actually since this game is big in Japan.
This thread also basically proves that the fanbase lacks any kind of criticism, it's like people get butthurt and can't take some distance.

MonHun is a budget game, this isn't my opinion it's a fucking fact.

God Eater is trash

its all about the weight of the attacks man. the combat always has been about timing your attacks and making sure every hit counts. commit to your attacks and be smart or get punished hard. dont you think it would look extremely silly for a greatsword to be able to be swinging such a massive weapon without any kind of heft to it?

here, here user, I have a solution for your problem!

>fanbase lacks any kind of criticism,
The inherent imbalance between raw and element

But I like animation priority

It means I have to judge whether or not to attack. If I just attack without watching the enemies animation I will likely get hit.
If I can cancel out of everything it just becomes a twitchy action game

Which I also like but I don't want all action games to be the same.

You are the only one who can't take any distance and consider that maybe people like different things.

You can roll cancel out of most attacks though. No reason to wait for GS recover animation when you can just roll.

Oh yeah after the attack.
But you can't cancel out of the attack. Which is what that user wants.

>hurr its either completely locked down onto place or free as the wind there is no in-between
Funny how Cred Forums always deals in absolutes.
You know there has been games that made greatsword combat great without completely taking away the control from the player during attacks.
When I play MonHun I don't feel like I'm swinging a huge weapon, I feel that I press a button and then I wait for the animation to finish, it's a terrible combat system that is from an ancient era. The only reason this poorly designed system hasn't reach modern standards is because the fanbase is too used to it for them to change it now.

When you have to "cancel" your moves and shit to be efficient it just means the system could be improved easily to be seamless.

MH is a AAA game, not a budget game

siliconera.com/2013/09/25/hundred-people-worked-monster-hunter-4/
siliconera.com/2014/04/18/monster-hunter-4-developers-traveled-around-world-collect-data/

Japanese CoD
Completely oversaturated, minimal changes between each new iteration, yet for some reason completely accepted without question
It's embarrassing really

Do you know what a budget game is?
Minimum budget/effort and maximum profit, this is exactly what Mon Hun is.
It's not incompatible with AAA.

>Using GS
>Ever
HA!, what are you? a shitter?
Join the gunner master race, you won't regret it.

It's a high budget game.

>hundred people
you need a few more zeros after that to be AAA

>You know there has been games that made greatsword combat great without completely taking away the control from the player during attacks.
Can you give us an example of exactly what you fucking want from Monster Hunter?

Read the link, few hundreds. And even a hundred is AAA, as in the DmC example in the link.

MH2 was the last good MH game.
Portable 2 was the beginning of the end.

>Not that user, but mostly because of having one of the worst monster rosters since 1st generation.
What?

>There's many different weapon types to pick from, user.
Every MH game only has like 3 viable weapons

>MH2 was the last good MH game
>not Portable 3rd

Name 1 (one) thing that MH4U did wrong.

I has been playing since the game for the PS2 all the way to Gen and I consider MH4U the best MonHun game.

>turned all the weapon movesets into garbage
>horrible anime monsters
>zero challenge
Nah.

My biggest caveat with these games is having to start every game againe anew. I didn't go hardcore into 4U after 3U, but I put at least a few hundred+ hours into the game. Having to start generations at very beginning to do the same shit I've already done is a little frustrating.

Kept me from getting into Generations so far despite buying it.

Ledges
Mounting
CB and IG existing
Areas being garbage in general
Movement is too fast and fluid
Too easy until 140s
Too many convenience features
Wastes too much of your time with meme dialogue and "story"
Fucking with most of the old monsters' AI and getting rid of their patterns, adding unnecessary RNG

>played guard GL and exclusively wide shelling without stabbing throughout the whole of 4U
>got bored and tried out a good bit of SA and HBG in Generations
>return to GL with the SA evade armor for kicks
>the weapon I mained is now a completely different thing, hopping and evading while stabbing and shelling
It's still GL and the kill times are still poor, but I'm having a lot of fun again. Finally have a reason to try out other GL that don't have the highest level of wide shells. Akantor Cannonlance hits so hard even with that crappy sharpness.

Even if it is not on PC, it is only a Chinese port MMO.

Go back to MHFU, grandpa

>He wants to run around swinging around a slow uninspired weapon while dodging hitboxes the size of movie theatres in shitty maps with shitty climbing mechanics and have absouletly no new features or any reworks.

I'm glad they don't make games for boring cunts like you

GL in Gen is actually sort of busted until you hit the end game
In a vacuum it's nearly top tier, it just scales poorly compared to some other weapons which can get multipliers upon multipliers that then shoot their damage through the roof with the usual criteria builds

I'm not good enough with it to not rely on crutch skills like Evade Distance and Mind's Eye unfortunately so there's always a wasted skill or two.

It's a little troublesome, but when I'm using a GL which I don't expect to be able to build heat up quickly (usually Normal GL when I'm not playing Adept/Aerial) then I'll just fullburst a few times in the base and Wyvern Fire to lock it at red, then sharpen it.

>simplicity is bad
>slow, deliberate combat is bad
>muh hitboxes
You are the cancer killing Monster Hunter

>Ledges
ledges=more attacks for all the weapons, more dynamic combats, you for the fist time actually have to be aware or your surroundings.
>Mounting
A fun mechanic, it is now fixed.
>CB, IG
sure, cuz you are forced to use them, right? + weapons = more fun.
>Bad areas
The same can be said of even the first game
>Fast and fluid movements
I don't see how is that a bad thing.
>easy till 140s
the difficulty spike is fine and veterans enjoy it
>Too many convenience features
No one forces you to use them
>"Story"
I'm glad that for one we got a "story" I prefer that over the hey go kill that monster, you did it? ok, go kill that one now.
>New AI for the old monsters
other than tigrex not being such a gigantic bastard I don't see the problem with a improved AI, the RNG is cuz you are using cats tho.

I don't mind Gravios but fuck Uragaan. It's like Gravios with mobility.

Well in the meta, yeah.

Gravios =/= Uragaan

I don't get why people compare the two just because they are huge and live in the volcano.

i got gen for 3ds but got pretty bored of it rather fast.

because gen is trash.

4U bored me even faster.
So I would extend it to Monster Hunter is trash.

Simplicity was good for Unite.

Slow deliberate combat sucks, running around rathalos waiting for GS charge points is boring. At least when he's RNG'd up you have to cancel your shit sometimes.

The hitboxes were fucking awful, they finally started to get shit right with kuga and hypnoc. Tri was the best game since they fixed most of them.

k, but even tri on psp was crap. I dont get how people can spill 1000s of hours into such a weak game

Uragaan is 10 times more fun than Gravios though.

Basarios and Gravios are both a joke.

>Hit belly a few times
>Broke it
>Stunlock them
>Win

Hopefully Frontier Z comes to the west.
I dunno about anyone else but after seeing frontier G I kinda want it, the whole MMO experience appeals to me even though I'm not a big fan of MMO's.
Hanging in a lobby with 16 other hunters sounds chill as fuck.
I think it's just the sense of community that draws me to it, I'm really starting to appreciate Monster Hunter's online community.
Also, team VS mode looks like fun competition.

You mean selling well and getting mainline sequels AND spin-offs? Is spyro making some comeback I'm unaware of?

Post the guild cards

Weapon balance in MH is so horrid that using anything but the top tier will usually leave you feeling gimped as hell.

Frontier is never coming to the west.
It's a shame because I played it for a while and the monsters and weapon movesets are fucking amazing
But the language barrier eventually got to me

The only problem with the hitboxes is that they don't match the models, making them a bit arbitrary and obnoxious to learn.
But they should have adjusted the size or model of the monster instead, because now the hitboxes are so tiny that positioning basically does not matter anymore.

Only a select number of people really appreciate and enjoy the Monster Hunter genre.
Everyone else will be reluctant to join in because they think it's dull and hard to get into.
That is until a a new company emerges featuring a team of monster hunter fans and create a new IP that is Monster Hunter but more simplistic, casual and approachable, the genre will blow up and everyone will say they love it.
Just think Gainax and the mech genre.

>portable 3rd looks almost as good as MHX
When did it all go wrong?

I like the genre but hate what popularized the genre. I don't like Monster Hunter. But I like Phantasy Star Online 2, Freedom Wars, and God Eater Ressurection/2: Rage Burst.

The idea of fighting monsters with friends is great but I need to have speedy and responsive action gameplay in order to enjoy it. The genre is also somewhat frustrating since its more fun with friends but its so niche that I don't actually have any irl friends that play them.

That's a good thing. Element makes for a great noob trap.

What makes raw better?

>the best Fire or Dragon weapon for each type tends to be Rathalos/Silver Rathalos weapon

Element hitzones are generally piss poor, and raw benefits more from armor skills than element. Motion values also only affect raw. For any weapon where this is a good thing because they hit often for small motion values, Blast is almost always better than Element.

Element is designed as a crutch because it'll generally hit for consistent damage no matter where you attack
But by design, a high raw weapon hitting weakpoints will outperform element by a large margin

About to fight LR village Ceadeus in 3U. Anything I should keep in mind? Is this like Dalamadur where I have to keep a certain gameplan or risk timing out or like Nakarkos which I can just keep whacking and it'll die soon enough?

Because shoving pickle carcass up a monsters ass is more effective than a shitty ice sword

>Anything I should keep in mind?
Try your best not to fall asleep.
There's also a dragonator somewhere.

>this is what monster hunter is now
What went wrong?

Capcom wants the Yokai Watch/Pokemon audience.

It's boring desu. No reason to play it over real action games like Devil May Cry

>wrong
It looks great.

>What does Cred Forums think of the monster huntan genre?

i'll let you know when a monster hunter game comes out on something other than some shitty handheld

Just play God Eater it's the same shit.

o-okay

Context? What is this from?

knock knock

>context

none

Is the rest of the scene worth anything? That girl was hot af.

I almost wanted to invest in getting a game cube controller hard modded to my 3DS for Gens. I'm so over cramping my hands on a game that gets more and more ridiculous monsters that intentionally jump behind the camera several times before they finally attack

i have no idea, i haven't seen the film :^)

Just do P3rd on PC and run multiple instances of the game hooked up to different controllers, then link em together and it'll be like two-four different players that can all connect to the online hub

Roguelikes though

getting kind of stale after the same shit for a decade

what's the next logical step for MH aside from consoles?

>>
>what's the next logical step for MH aside from consoles?

a pc port

I really don't see how you can do something to change things up without fucking the game in half

that'd destroy the fanbase so I hope not

>that'd destroy the fanbase

why

Why the fuck do you want change for the sake of change? At most they should add new weapons and monsters like usual. If you're bored of the games then just sit out for a few entries, the series isn't going away any time soon.

that's what the soulsfags have been saying

Return and improvise underwater combat, update any returning cast of monsters

Otherwise MH is that kind of game where seemingly archaic game mechanics are part of the charm

>MH gets a PC port
>Endless bitching on Cred Forums about how they can't beat X casual filter monster

It'll be like those AM2R threads again

Shovelware crap that Nintendrones put on a pedestal because they've nothing else.

>of course the game is shit if you play it THAT WAY
literaly proved his point retard

>capcom
>"shovelware"

>PlayStation series
>"nintendrones"

Which is kind of funny when the Vita fucking wished it had Monster Hunter

Don't you think 3DS killed the """"fanbase"""" harder?

je suis monte is terrible I have to admit

Vita still got all the games it wants. If you're talking about hardware sales then 3DS sales is down significantly as well, it's the general downtrend in handheld sales.

Emulate MHP3rd with english patch

>this is what monster hunter is now
>posts spin-off

What are the chances the next game will have Gigginox instead of Khezu? He has never been a fun monster to fight.

what game is that from and the monster in the picture? looks creepy. sorta reminds me of the moon from majoras mask

Shadow of the big guy

It's Dirge from Shadow of the Colossus.
it creeps me out too [spoiler/]

yeah but the sales of the 3ds are still 6x of the vita.

>Vita still got all the games it wants.
excepts for MH.

>tfw no mhgenerations on vita

Needs to go back to consoles or at least a handheld that doesn't have a shitty fucking nub for movement.

Portable/Console crossplay would be perfect like with Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. Just make it so they can crossplay online this time instead of just local play only.

Yes, except for that. But at this point it's more of a MH """fans""" didn't get the game they want, being on 3DS and all. I mean it should be fine if the alternative to Vita is at least competent, but no. In conclusion, MH not being on Vita didn't jeopardise its chance to get games, still business as usual.

>those already wet pants

Multiple takes just to fall down in the mud.

nope looks like kid shit and it's going to mega bomb in japan and not come over here thank fuck

Is dragons dogma any good?

its nothing like monhun but yes it's good

>mean it should be fine if the alternative to Vita is at least competent
it isnt
current handhelds will drag it down vita included is console at least or bust.
but then again MH appeal relies more on the gameplay than visuals.

it's not a genre when the only good game is the originating one, until another good game show up you just call the other games "clones"

Gameplay also includes controls. You can over generalise if you want and say if it's not on a NASA supercomputer thrn it's bringing down the franchise or whatever, but at the end you are the one that has to play MH on 3DS.

no dude, each monster is a lot of content considering how complex a fight is, it's more akin to a new character for street fighter where each character makes a huge difference. Tweaks in mechanics and on the monsters in each new title also makes way more difference than you might think if you don't know the game.

man i played it on the psp and i still loved the series.

>considering how complex a fight is
>when I can just spam aerial gs for 2 minutes to get the fight over with

Sure thing bro, it's called settling. Remember, at the end of the day, you are the one that has to play MH on 3DS and Vita is still business as usual. That was the point really. Does Vita wishes it has MH? Probably you and everyone else wish it more.

i wish it was on console
like most people proabbly do here.
the only ones that want in on handhleds are japs.

Same thing, the Vita example was just because it was mentioned. Games from Japan nowadays are on PS4/Vita anyways so it's like a guarantee for both if it's on one or the other.

Oh, and Frontier is on PS3/PS4/Vita (PS4 launching soon) and PC with crossplay I believe. 360 version and Wii U version are on separate servers.

Another this - I just want to play my Monster Hunter on my 50 inch on a console, not some low-res handheld
;_;

it's time to get to high rank, user.

He wants God Eater May Cry

>Aerial GS

You get used to the runes eventually.
And thankfully the language of "hit monster in the face" is universal.

it's very good, the world map is empty and there are only like 3 mobs in the whole world (you would do well to cheat some fast travel stones and avoid walking too much in the open word), but the dungeons are absolutely trilling.
The only other criticism I have is that some of the most powerful monsters are impossible to kill until you find the element he is weak to, making it trivial to kill, but besides that the battle mechanics are awesome.

Great series, hopefully the NX ends up being that hybrid console they rumored about so we end up with both a portable and a console version in the same go.

Was pretty good I watch these bros stream it for over 1k hours in a row at it's launch was pretty fun getting to play with shit tons MonHun bros people.

Why do people keep acting like these arts are some broken as hell win button that cuts of 80% of a monster's health and makes you invincible? They're nothing like that. They don't do more damage than you could already do more quickly with a few normal attacks and the only thing making the game trivial is the lack of G rank with the monsters doing pitiful ass damage. The only arts in the game that are too strong is the combo synergy of energy charge and demon riot.

I had a bad ass time making my Crystal Beard Uraagan armor. It works great for charm farming too.

This will be the only reason I buy an NX, The day this releases will be the day I'm kicking down a door of a Gamestop to get an NX.

Fuk it's the only reason I had a Wii, Wii U and a fuking 3DS. If capcom went back to Playstaion platform I'd never buy another Nintendo product, Well unless we get a full blown Pokemon console game.

3u's water made that game a needless pain in the ass, not even a challenge just point. it was a shit mechanic no one liked so that craps gone forever.

I'm sick and tired of handheld huntan

I recently got a PSTV, is Toukiden a good enough game to scratch that MonHun itch?

MHX is total shit and I want a new game already

dude nintendo shit is always weak sauce anyway, and I'm not talking about graphics. I mean will the NX even have dual analogs? What I want is play monhon with a ds4 controller, and maybe in 3d (and later on have the possibility of playing it in 3rd person VR) and forthe love of god capcom, 60 fps, so a PC release is what would be ideal of course. Fuck console releases as well, they are just as limited as a handheld in comparison with what I could do with this game on my PC.

>PSTV
>Doesn't just play MHFU

MHO is shit. It might look nice with the pretty Cryengine but god that game is dog shit mechanically and the fact it's attached to China and there are play limits on games.

Episode 2 when

Try it out on PPSSPP first before throwing money at it.

It's probably more of a clone than GE is, but it still has its own specifics to you that you may like or dislike.

You'll be missing the Club and Gun as well as the 2nd arc that has stupid sexy cat butt in it, but it should be a good enough thing to see if you like it or not.

>Try MHO
>Finally get to a monster after doing all the tutorial stuff as usual
>Eventually find out you have no/way less i-frames after getting hit, meaning even low level monsters could potentially full combo you to death if they wanted.

you havent played MHO is why you think you want it. That game is crap. Trust me stay away from that game it needs serious help just ignore all the pretty cryengine pics of it you keep seeing of it.

MHO is okay. Their newest monster the Gonngenn Hermitaur looks awesome.

youtube.com/watch?v=_w9u4cAOIGY

This
Also why do people keep fucking up the definition of roguelike

>Does it look or play anything like Rogue
>UHHH NO BUT IT HAS LIKE THE PROCEDURAL DUNGEONS

>all these nostalgia blinded people saying MHFU is the best one
I started mh with FU and then played p3rd and now I can't go back to that piece of shit

Worst Monster coming through

You didn't post the khezu

>Look at our pretty graphics
>The tiny details that make MH great aren't there like footstep dust changing depending on where you step

All this power and they fuck up everything.
I bet they don't even have tiny little turtles in the water.

What baffles me about khezu is that in Tri they took Khezu and made it better in every single way with Giginox but now refuse to put him in the new games. Fucking why?

nice try kido

Because Gigginox is even worse about humping the walls and ceiling.

They need to be together and have tag-team moves.

God Nioh is going to be so much fuking fun, The Demo's were awesome

I just wish MH had more vanity options and GE's ticket system

I still play mhfu but that's only because I don't have nintendo consoles, the hitboxes in mhfu are really bad and, besides lack of monsters and G rank, mhp3rd is much much better in every way, and I really wanted to play a newest generation with all the new stuff

Sick fuck

The fact they charge full PS4 game prices for those god eater games with PS2 gfx is a huge fuking joke desu

Wait we're talking about graphics now? I thought we're talking about gameplay. If you want to check out the graphics and details then check out this video I guess.

youtube.com/watch?v=uRUPDwexNIs

That isn't Gravios or Plesioth

Well there wasn't really anything exciting about that Hermitaur you showed so I started talking about MHO in general.

Didn't help the video was 9 minutes of deathly silence either.

You can play mhp3rd online with ppsspp using evolve or hamachi easily pastebin.com/GaKfEChk

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?

If that Hermitaur is nothing special then what is? Here's another one.

youtu.be/9HUtmlgpg0c

It's tedious. I wish there was more strategy/variety to killing each monster.

mimic octopus cuttlefish nautilus

Pretty slow and doesn't really use his whole explosive snips to great effect on the whole, mainly just a range extension on the snips apart from the occasional forward blasts.
His spin jump into slam is a pretty cool move but isn't exactly used very often.

He just feels very ponderous without the strength and threat to match his slower pace.

Then again I also feel that most mainline monsters suffer from an overall lack of aggression so this is pretty par for the course in that case.
The fight looks enjoyable, just not really that exciting.

Also that slide at 8:00 is hilarious

thanks for the advice, I've had PPSSPP installed for ages now and I've never used it

>asking for Cred Forums's opinion on any game ever
Are you literally retarded or starved for attention from fags calling your game shit?

update that shit first

>No MH4U on Wii U
>No Generations on Wii U
>No Monster Hunter outside of a handheld period
Like I love the series and yeah I kept playing them on my PSP and 3DS, but fuck I miss Tri and 3U on console.

worst fucking monster

jesus who ever's budget PC that is needs to stop posting vids of MHO. The only selling point of that game is the graphics and if you have a shit PC like this then whats the point.

This guy has the better fighting experience since it's solo. That's why I posted it first.

Can you read Japanese or are you just a hipster fag?

youtube.com/watch?v=eZgXUn2Ry7c

GOD EATER A SHIT
SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT
No for real it lacks punch and is boring.

>more cancer than the Dark Souls fan base
I don't believe you. Also just saying something is "bad" is not an argument you fucking retard.

It means you have to calculate whether to attack or not you fucking faggot.

I know, what I want are the new monsters and new behaviors for monsters that exist, weapons and new moves, etc

Thats all in Monster Hunter Gen then. new monsters plus the existing ones act smarter when fighting hunters plus they run away a bunch now as well when on low HP. Plus the deviant versions of the monster are powerful as hell and they make bad ass armor and weapons too.

yes, I know

I really enjoyed MH4, the je suis monte! was fucking annoying but it didn't make it bad

MHGEN is the problem child

How? besides having no G Rank everything in Gen was an improvement.

I dont know, i just dont "get it' right now. Which is the opposite of what i felt for MH4

I like how they included the old villages though, good nostalgia rush. Im still giving it a chance though

G-rank is cancer. It just recylces the entire high rank progression arc for little gain. Literally everything Grank does can be introduced through HR.

Gens is the weakest installment in a long time, but 'lacking' Grank is a plus as far as I am concerned.