i.4cdn.org/wsg/1475317300560.webm
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1475319242888.webm
youtu.be/kbLOokeC3VU?t=180
youtu.be/PEpI0uXpLPw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

what about here?

Why is Joel such a murdering piece of shit

it's called preemptive self-defense bud

Everybody. Step one is never complete dissection and murder. Killing the only subject you have ever found before you have researched any of their bodily functions in progress is retarded. Joel was in the wrong for killing everybody, taking Elie, and lying to her, rather than giving her a choice

>blood on the wall
>no exit wound on his back

Who plays this generic zombie trash? Shit is so predictable this scene probably involves the diseases "cure" right and I'm assuming the guy shooting doesn't like it?

TLOU was fucked up. What other games let you take / execute human shields or kill hostages as they try to reason with you?

>joel was considered a scary murderer from the start
>people still confused about his character

I don't remember taking people as shields
damn, this became a "mechanics you didn't know about" thread to me

>Killing the only subject you have ever found
There have been others like her and research on them has failed.

>lying to her
He didn't lie to her. Nothing he said wasn't true. He just didn't tell the whole story.

I love how fucked up TLOU is

Did you guys think TLOU was fucked up?

I was under the impression that nobody had seen a person who got bit without getting infected. That was what I got out of it, anyway.

He purposefully misled her through omission. Its the same as a lie, if you know the omission will make them believe something that isn't true.

taking human shields is super effective (and fun) if you have pistol ammo:

| i.4cdn.org/wsg/1475317300560.webm
| i.4cdn.org/wsg/1475319242888.webm

Fireflys were the worst group, there was no way they were going to create a cure.

>can't hold their own against the government
>every hideout or stronghold has been wiped out
>a single man can destroy their operation

There was no proof whatsoever they were going to do any good.

Do they actually stay docile if you decide not to kill them or do they revert back to combat mode when you walk away?

Just a reminder that after that entire journey, the Fireflies didn't even give Joel his guns

He did nothing wrong

>I was under the impression
Find and read the artifacts.

>He purposefully misled her
Yes, but it's still not the same as a lie. It's like a parent who doesn't tell their child the whole story to protect them. Who knows, maybe he'll tell her once she grows up.

they think you're chicken-shit or bluffing about your ammo if you hesitate too long before pulling the trigger, and they get up and rush you / draw on you

>Who was in the wrong here?
uhh the man who is shooting and killing the unarmed doctors?

When the e3 2012 demo was first shown, everyone in the audience was shocked by the violence. People were talking like it was a murder simulator:

youtu.be/kbLOokeC3VU?t=180

But the doctors were going to turn a 12 year old into a smoothie?

The Ellie death scenes always made me wince

youtu.be/PEpI0uXpLPw

Why is Joel so brutal?

Wait you can kill them!?

If I remember right, you don't even have to kill the doctors in that room. Except for the one that gets in your way.

>That boss fight
His death was so hilariously satisfying for some reason. I mean, he's a cannibalistic pedophile, so he deserved it, but damn it felt good seeing Ellie beat the shit out of his corpse.

I love TLOU ending, and the game, i really hope they never make a sequel just so they don't ruin what they have.

The ending and the adventure is pretty much "You are what you make of it", its one of those endings that speak more about you than the game itself since there is no clear good or bad guy here

who cares, why are you people discussing this overrated movie anyway

You're reasoning is solid, but the other user is right. It's literally called a "lie by omission".

Joel was too good for this world.
Ellie was too pure for this world

Last of Us 2 when

I would like to see more, though. But in a different city. Like, in Chicago or New York or something.

>joel gets fucking destroyed by that exposed metal pipe sticking out of the ground in that hotel
>survives anyway from lucky medicine that ellie finds
LOLJOELSURVIVES
so fucking dumb

you CAN ignore them, but the devs included special custom animations for if you shoot them with low damage weapons, so you can watch them bleed to death. So the devs obviously wanted you to do it

Joel was out of action for weeks and barely survived. At least it wasn't Tomb Raider levels of wolverine tier recovery.

You have to beat them to death or shoot them. The ai constantly retries to attack you after you holster your weapon.

it's a videogame universe where mushrooms have destroyed civilization by turning everyone into zombies. You can accept that, but not the idea that Joel can recover from being stabbed through the gut by rebar with the help of first-aid / stitches / disinfectant and later antibiotics? It didn't even look like he recovered all that quickly (well, maybe for a 50 year old it was way too quick)

that last part was where i had a problem hes pushing half a century and still gets back up to his pre-injury levels of athleticism with no drawbacks

What if you could let them go? What would be stopping them from just going and warning the others about where / who you are and what kind of weapons and capabilities you have? You couldn't have Joel taking hostages around with him as he kills their buddies.

IMO it would be much better if they calmed down after you aimed at them for a moment, stood up and said "Okay, you got me, I surrender" and maybe dropped their weapon and put their hands up. Then, if you turn Joel's face away from them, they should either rush you and melee / grab (if you are close), rush for the nearest escape route or cover or hide like a stalker zombie (if you are not close), or pick back up their gun and start fighting again (if you are not close and are distracted from them by other enemies).

You're asking too much of a game that has convenient waist-high cover in every segment with enemies.

this was the best gameplay demo ever shown in the history of E3 imo

Was it really played live? Was the demo just super scripted so everything would happen like it did? I mean you could re-create it (mostly) in the real game, but a lot of random things would have to go right

>It's been 3 years since TLOU
>It will take another 2 or 3 for the sequel to come out

I guess e3 will be cool next year, it's obvious that it will be Sony‘s “before we go we have one more thing to show you” game

WE SURVIVORS N SHIET

>every segment with enemies
except for literally every segment where you fight infected

also,
>implying that is bad game design for a cover shooter

I guess they could just have hardly any places to take cover so you'd have to fight every (human) enemy from the same doorframe you walked into the room from, as they all rush towards you (fully-exposed) using human wave tactics.

I honestly can't think of a game more ridiculously fucked up than TLOU
I mean there's games like Borderlands that are littered with aggression and profanity but morally TLOU is just fucked up

My favourite song from this game's OST is Geto Boys - Still.

>wasting a bullet on a human shield

Please tell me you were playing on a lower difficulty.

If they do a sequel I don't want any characters from the original in it.

They could easily tell another story in that world.

It just wouldn't feel the sme without Joel and Ellie, ya know?

They might as well just make a new game

Joel.
He was selfish. He was tired, he had enough.
Ellie knows.

The duality of man and all that...
I mean, why save humanity? You saw what humans do. They follow orders to shoot children, they steal, they lie and kill.
He didn't do anything diffrenet then anybody else, and his pay off was total.

its like, i give you 1 million dollars but say give it back and its possible i could get you 10 million.
well if i fuck up, you're the one who lost 1 million, not 10 million. You had the million, what more do you want?

That was quite an enjoyable time compared to the rest of the game. Silly doctors with their tools, those aren't going to stop fire.

thats hot

Who /Molotovinmultiplayer/ here?

6:00 to the end is the best

I'm playing on grounded mode, from chapter select (no autosave) and starting with all the ammo I'd had during that chapter on my normal-mode playthrough. Then can I go into the big fights (the ones where you are supposed to use stealth on grounded) all guns-blazing, where every enemy bullet or zombie slash is extremely dangerous and you get no sub-checkpoints. It's all just for the fun of the combat

I liked shooting them in front of thier friends

Fucking hell this thread made me want to play MP again

if you're talking about the human shields (and not the guy in the webm), then the answer is also no. They eventually will elbow you in the gut to escape and follow it up with a grab or some punches. You can delay this by aiming your gun away from them, waiting for them to start to struggle and fuck up your aim, and then pointing your gun back at them. This kind of "resets-their-timer" for when they try to escape again. You gotta kill them by the time they start struggling the second time, though.

Can I have a taste?

I can run around every map and hit every box and I'll only have enough items to make a 1 mine and 50 smoke bombs.

>No entry or exit wounds

pretty much yeah

had to jump through some odd hoops to get past the censors. What triggers the censors to declare something as too violent to be in a videogame is analogous to what triggers politicians and bureaucrats into declaring a gun as an illegal "assault weapon."
i.e. its completely inconsistent and random. Censors don't like human entry/exit wounds (many games you cannot even shoot dead bodies) but they don't seem to mind animations where you explode an enemies head as they're begging for your life.

I'm sure they could have had entry/exit wounds and kept their M rating if they had cut back on some of the violence in other areas.

or you know the engine just couldnt handle it.

>was gonna mention entry / exit wounds, but you did anyways.

nice

handle what? Herding around hostages? I'm sure it could handle it fine if ND wanted it in there; it would just needlessly over-complicate the game and would not be compatible with the stuff that happens in the central narrative. It would also make no sense for Joel's character to allow them to live / run away when they could potentially warn the others (or if they wanted to sneak up on you.)

Yeah, what's your point? The post I was quoting mentioned them specifically, and you can plainly see it in the webms

What if it was a prequel where you play as Tommy from his crazy hunter years with Joel, then onto his firefly years and so on? Maybe there could be coop with Joel at points? And I'm sure they could make the plot involve a kid companion or something similar-feeling to how it was in the original (if that's even necessary).

The next game will probably just have you play as Ellie, honestly. Joel is getting too old, he even says it at the end. But I don't know how they could make it look as believably brutal when she is just a girl (or even if she is a grown woman)

Maybe her infection will give her super strength or something

In the sequel Ellie will kll Joel. Cap this post

why would she do that? It'd be totally out of character, no matter how mad she was

why do they die in one bullet?

he's seen some shit

No one really, except maybe the doctors

the last of us is a game about how martial law will turn the best people into piles of shit. joel being unforgivable is the point.

bump

Joel. He was the villain all along.

>mfw pressing the fire button with a human shield with the sawn-off equipped

That third phase of that bossfight could be a real cunt on Survivor.

>So the devs obviously wanted you to do it
Or you know, put some effort into planning for multiple actions the player might take.

I restarted from checkpoint about 50 times after this scene

Massacring those cucks while they beg for their lives was cathartic

on grounded it only takes one revolver bullet to kill, if you dont hit their armor

>the getaway
>take some random pedestrian as a human shield
>win my firefight
>mean to just pistol whip the poor bugger and release him, his nightmare is over
>accidentally blow his brains out and shove his lifeless body into a gutter

;_;

you could take and execute human shields in dead to rights. Also Hotline Miami

dunno what other games let you kill surrendered enemies/hostages as they try to reason with you.

>frogposting
>cuck
>saying school shooter type shit
typical

Fireflies made it blatantly obvious they were going to put a bullet in his back.

>enemies have infinite ammo but only drop a single bullet on death

naughty dog do use live demos, for better or worse. see uncharted fuckups at e3

Exactly.

They knew he was going to get attached to her and when he found out they were going to cut her ass open, he'd go postal.

I bet while talking to the negress about how they were going to use her 'blood samples' to produce a cure, another Firefly would have just popped him in the back of the dome.

No loose ends, ever.

>Please, I don't want to die
>was about to kill a little girl without her permission

>Dead to Rights

>Shadow, go!

>*Tears their throats the FUCK out*

Truly mans' best friend.

There can be no great progress without great sacrifice.

For the greater good.

>Was about to save the human race at the cost of a single soul

Source on this?

The Fireflys were too short sighted. What was their plan for mass distribution? Why would they think the army wouldn't just kill them? Why would anyone believe them? Fireflys were too jaded to realize even if they got a cure they couldn't do much with it. And the Human race was doing OK without a cure, and zombies can still beat the shit out of you and bite that one part of your neck they like biting even if you're immune.

>Believing this was true.

The Fireflys didn't have the manpower, logistics or materiel to mass produce a vaccine for everyone.

Plus, you'd still have the infected killing people left and right.

It'd be a stop-gap measure at best.

Humanity was doomed.

Pretty metal, eh?

It's a short manga series called Goblin Killer, I habeeb.

Google it, comrade.

Will do. Thx man.

No there had literally been no one else but Ellie who was immune and had been found.

He lied to her at the very end in the car ride when he said there were lots of others like her and that they couldn't figure out a cure.

As a mother, I think video games have become too violent.

Sure but that's the reality of the world they live in. It's fucked up so you have to do fucked up things to survive.

Maybe the world is too violent?

what about all the fireflies who survived Joel's attack? All the ones that are chasing him while he has Ellie in his arms? You think they wouldn't continue to stick together with their idealism, proclaiming a new leader to replace Marlene who would be hell-bent on hunting down Joel for revenge and Ellie for her potential at making a cure? They seemed to be famous nation-wide, with people like Henry trying to join up with them all the way from Connecticut. I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard for them to bounce back

>zombies not literally killing themselves through accumulated damage
>somehow they survive long enough to destroy civilization
this is why last of us is retarded

As a mother do you watch the news?

Is real life too violent too?

Well, we'll just have to put a stop to that.

As a supervisor for construction sites; I think eggs are delicious.

Rationalizing at it's finest.

"The world is fucked up so I must be fucked up to go along with it."

Be honest:

I will do what I must to survive and if that means killing others, so be it; if those I killed had also wanted to survive then they shouldn't have been weak.

Theoretically if the Fireflies actually proved to be 100% sure that killing Ellie would have developed a cure then Joel would have been wrong.

The issue is that the entire game establishes that the Fireflies are utterly incompetent, and are willing to kill Ellie and ruining their one shot despite there being doubt on whether or not it would even help them. Which means that Joel was probably right to stop it, but for the wrong reasons.

The real person in the wrong is Naughty Dog for writing such incompetent villains.

Goblin Slayer

so you can accept fungus-zombies existing, but you cant accept the idea that they wouldn't all eventually kill themselves by 20 years after the outbreak? The fungus even makes them grow more resistant to damage over time

The fact that mushroom zombies can infect people after they die, probably sometimes without the person realizing they're infected helped

Zombies in general suffer from the "this actually isn't medically really that threatening" problem unless you take the L4D route and make it super airborne. it's unfair to blame TLOU solely for that.

>nearly dead
>2 bullets left
>3 enemies aiming at me while I had their buddy grabbed
>realized how fucked I was

I shot him and was able to dive in cover before I got blasted.

Wow the L4D infection is unfair. You can't even fight the zombies without turning.

they used all their ammo in the fight

IIRC L4D's infection is implied to literally be an out of control chemical weapon.

Every zombie media where everywhere is fucked is just stupid in my opinion, I like the ones where it's just a city or area locked down.

We've been over this. Killing Ellie would result in a cure, 100% for sure. Why? Because she herself isn't special, but rather the infection she carries. It mutates into a state where it was harmless to humans. All they had to do was harvest the strain and then use it as a vaccine of sort to prevent further infection. Think of all the people who died during the game: Tess, Sam, Henry, Frank, random skeletons you see lying around. They all died because they were infected. With immunity, a person can go through encounters without being infected, which is a huge thing. As long as you have a person with you, the chances of an infected bashing your brains out is small, but they don't have to because even a small infection could kill you. With the cure, this threat goes away and humanity could focus on destroying large portions of the infected without fear of infection. But how can they distribute the vaccine, you ask? They'd negotiate with the military. Their ultimate goal is the re institution of the government and a governing body to oversee military operations. In exchange, the military gets the cure and uses its logistics power to distribute it, boom. End of infection. Joel is a bad guy no matter which way you look at it.

this is a big part of it

There's also the fact that they were killing the future of humanity for the past.

There was a cure; It's called "Selective pressure"; If we kept the immune-children safe, there's a possibility of a hereditary immunity to the fungus.

The Fireflies operated under the delusion that a vaccine would bring everything back to where it was, just like the military years prior, who thought they could cull to prevent the collapse of human civilization.

Jesus, it's even the pretentious title: They're talking about who remains, and in the end, it's only going to be the immune humans

Who are now down a dozen or so from the 50 required for "panic mode" repopulation, or the 500 necessary for semi-planned repopulation.

Read the artifacts, they've failed with other immune-children.

There's only been a handful, but Ellie wasn't the only immune.

No it doesn't. It says they've experimented on infected in the past but Ellie is the first sign of immunity they've seen.

I found this game frustrating. Everyone kills each other over petty shit so that the story can have drama. Did all of the canned food and animals in the universe evaporate after zombies showed up? What's the source of all of the tension?

In this particular scene at least what's going on makes sense. He doesn't want them to science the shit out of Ellie so that's fair enough. I don't really see the appeal in a vaccine. If you're in a situation where you get bitten you're probably still going to die at least 50% of the time. It's not that great a thing. Not to mention that the logistics of producing and spreading it seem a bit nuts.

I YIELD, I YIELD

NEVER SHOULD HAVE COME HERE

Lets assume I misread it.

So we have a single immune case, and the best idea they have is "Let's do fatal exploratory surgery of her brain."?

That goes from "Incompetent" to "Solely responsible for the death of the human race" in no time flat.

Probing her brain would result in a cure, gunranteed, as I have pointed out.

>tfw you will never be as cool as Joel

>Did all of the canned food and animals in the universe evaporate after zombies showed up?

Nigger it has been 20 years since the outbreak, animals are there since you can fucking see them from a rooftop moments before reaching the hospital, there is hunting as you can see in Winter too with David.

However people who lived in the cities like Hunters, took food from people passing by and people themselves became food, lock down cities had some sort of gardens and overall everyone had ways to sustain itself but not enough.

What's the appeal of staying in a city? Without electricity it's just a giant shitty maze.

North America's animal populations should have exploded by the time The Last of Us takes place, making hunting no problem. Unless brain-shrooms can also kill animals. I don't actually remember if they could or not.

Did the infected give a shit about animals?

infected would kill animals if they could catch them

Does that mean they try to kill whatever they find that's alive? That paints all kind of ridiculous pictures. Did those giraffes near the end fight off a pack of infected earlier that morning? What happens when wandering infected run into cows? Who wins there? How could a pack of dogs fare against an infected? Can they die from anything other than head trauma?

Do infected eat?

He's what, 50+ here?

I have 20+ years to get some sick gains, alpha-tier beard and be a bandit wreking machine.

yes
No, Salt Lake is relatively infected free because it's under Firefly control, save the subways which are purposefully filled with infected as a security measure
A fight between wild animals and infected is determined by who has the greater number
They're still technically alive so they need to eat

If they need to eat what the hell are they eating to power their sprinting? I thought it made much more sense that they just ran on mushroom power.

Is there any evidence for this? There's plenty of rats in infected areas. You'd think that, if Runners and the like took bites out of all living things, they wouldn't be there.

zombies in general are fucking stupid

necrotic bodies explode when exposed to sunlight. the zombie "apocalypse" would be over by 5pm the day after it started.

The giraffes would kick the shit out of them if they wanted to fight. I imagine they would kill slow and domesticated animals like cows, but most animals would just run and hide from their clearly aggressive movements. Only humans can get infected, so they couldn't just kill the animal with a bite or a scratch like they could a human.

It also seems like most of the infected (except the ones at the sawmill) are hanging out in dark basements and places that not many humans or animals go

As a hive community, they just eat the weakest of their kind when there's not enough food.

There aren't any half-eaten corpses or carcasses in any areas swarming with Infected. The only time you ever see an Infected attack and kill someone, they stop the moment their target dies. I think it's safe to say that they run on spore magic and have no need to eat, drink, sleep, or rest.

That premise is ridiculous for multiple reasons, starting with the fact that they don't even know exactly why her infection is harmless.

If it's the fungus itself, then a spinal tap should provide material to culture additional fungus.

If it's a developmental exposure, they will have little to no clue the pathway of action.

If it's an mutation in the body, they've got decades of work to find the proper gene, unless they want to try "EVEing" her, which requires a similar level of infrastructure to manipulate and culture zygotes.

And then you claim that somehow, twenty years down the line, the military would be maintaining the necessary labs, equipment, raw materials and expertise to produce and distribute a unique, never before formulated counter-agent.

This doesn't even get into the nugatory nature of the whole thing; They're getting way ahead of themselves if they think they need a cure: The first thing they need is a proper population, 50-500 like I said previously.

This isn't even getting into the fact that they NEED to know if the immunity is hereditary for the sake of long term survival: In the case that somehow, nothing goes wrong from extraction to deployment of the vaccine, there's still the problem of maintaining the production line when a single disaster or raid could end the human race.

You're giving a lot of credit to the gang who can't shoot straight and assuming that everyone on the planet is suddenly going to stop being crazy cannibals, paranoid survivalist and trigger-happy militants.

Considering that last line there doesn't it seem intuitive that everybody would just live as rurally as possible? I see absolutely 0 appeal of city life outside of the army presence, but they seem to be useless so whatever.

That doesn't seem sustainable.

>Considering that last line there
he's not right. Bill's town is filled with infected wandering around outside, and he is constantly having to repair his barricades from infected attacks. They are only confined to underground/dark places in areas that are already controlled by humans, like inside the Boston QZ or the (former) SLC and Pittsburgh QZ's

In the remains of Boston (outside of the QZ) there were hordes of runners chasing Joel, Tess and Ellie around in the streets

>unless they want to try "EVEing" her
I'll EVE her for some zygotes if you know what I mean.

They've already said she's immune because she's carrying a mutated strain of the fungus. They can harvest it off her brain and infect others with it. Will it be compatible with everybody? No. but will it for sure be compatible with some people? Yeah. Hence, a guaranteed cure. And you're severely underestimating the fireflies. The only time we've seen them they're fighting the military, which has superior number and firepower. They've managed to capture their own territories and they're known throughout the country. They're even the final bosses of the game, so at this point, seriously thinking that they're incompetent is just stupid.

Of course not. It's Malthus theory running its course and how many populations resolve the crisis: by reducing their population back to sustainable levels

Joel and Ellie seem to have a pretty peaceful time driving that car along the freeway. A sane person would pull over and live innawoods. What are zombies going to be doing there?

Read the artifacts better. They never found someone like Ellie before. Just some people taking a little longer to turn.

>go innawoods
>no zombies
>no hunters
>no people at all
>go insane from the isolation
>die horribly anyway, either on a scavenging run or from some random disease

I'm sure dozens of people already had that idea. We don't hear about them for the same reason we don't hear stories about successful games of Cataclysm DDA.

The trick is to find a few of those other people first then go innawoods working together. You need more food but the cooperation bonuses would make up for that easy. Just be clever about location. Don't bother trying if you live in some frozen shithole. Snow would pwn pretty much anybody who isn't already the outdoorsy type.

Bill had a buddy with him. It didn't help much, all things considered.

You again operate under the assumption that there is no epigenetic triggering or developmental component. There's also no consideration of difficulties with delivery: Blood brain barrier, immune response, external factors. Is there a mutuality effect between her immune system and the fungus? (Your vaccine becomes a lot less viable if it require a bone marrow transplant and/or immunosuppressants.)

This also ignores viability of the final product: What do you do if the mutated strain is fragile or unstable? Can it be properly processed in a viable manner? Can the fungus be grown in productive quantities? What's its shelf stability? Can it be increased through preservatives?

As for the Fireflies, it's not difficult to take territory in an Apocalyptic setting: The Military has no reason to hold or retake Firefly territory. Reputation is another crazy thing; You shoot up a convoy and survive, suddenly you're Robin Hood incarnate.

And in the only way that counts (Medically), yes, they're stupid. There's dozens of experiments and tests to explore before you get to "Remove the Brain." All kinds of scanning, all kinds of fluid sampling; When a fucking nosebleed has the chance of giving you the material you need, you don't start with a destructive biopsy of the fucking brain.

buttsecks would pass time pretty handily with no risk of pregnancy and it gave double the manpower. His partnership was a good idea.

If they lived somewhere less absurdly dangerous they'd probably be fine indefinitely.

What the fuck don't you get? The strain is mutated so it won't kill people, they harvest it from her, and then use it to develop similar strains to infect other people. What the fuck is so complicated? You think the game is going to sit there and spout medical jargon we don't give a shit about at us for an hour to try and justify something that is explained so simply? Fuck no.

Plus, guys are always horny. If I was gay, I'd be down for some buttsex 24/7.

Oh poor based Bill.

He was a hard as fuck, no-nonsense, Operator-tier survivor.

I could see why his twink left him but man, stealing his battery AND leaving him that super fucked up note was brutal.

Alas, Bill will continue to stand vigil over his town and take no joy in his solace.

Nigga, what?

Near the very beginning of the game when the game is teaching you how to 'listen' and see their outlines through walls you distinctly see two infected tackle a guy, kill him and start eating his body.

Do you have ADD or something?

He's saying there are plenty of ways to harvest without bashing her brains out.

The mutation grows explicitly on her brain.

Ah yes; the "It's a videogame" defense.

Funny how in a game praised for not giving you a hopeful ending, it's suddenly a guarantee that a unknown patient zero will have an exploitable condition that can be isolated, produced, prepared, distributed and delivered with no complications whatsoever, and can be sourced in perpetuity, with no logistical, expertise or QA issues and no unintended consequences.

That's great, user. What's also great is that you neglect the *other* times Infected attack and kill people, like in the prologue and DLC. When they're done, they get right back up and start hunting for other people.

What happened in the tutorial was either those Runners going right back into a "dormant" state, or them continuing to attack their victim because they've got mushrooms for brains.

No one said there'd be no complications. But with a cure, humanity is closer to recovery.

Maybe the spores priorities spreading themselves over feeding? They spread as much as possible and then only feed when there's no more people to infect.

this will be the plot for TLOU 2

You completely missed the point of the game.

Humanity is never going to recover. The fungus is not what is ending the era of Homo Sapien.

You can never go back, that's the whole point. The population, the social dynamics, the ecology, the infrastructure are all irrevocably changed.

This is the new normal user. If you think the vaccine will help, you don't understand why humanity is dying.

>gunranteed
fuck off retard

This.

The sole purpose of any living creature is to procreate.

You know how some species will sacrifice countless of their kind to ensure the survival of said species?

Maybe it's similar.

And logically, if I was a predator and killed a threat/prey but heard/saw/knew there were more in the area I would prioritize killing them before focusing on my own person needs.

Zerg rush, kekekkeke

Get this user: It's a video game. Lore wise, they gotta eat. But just like every other video game ever, lore takes a backseat to gameplay mechanics.

>can't attack the logic
>attack the execution
Classic

Really? Because through Ellie's eyes, through what Joel is telling her, the lesson I got was to keep fighting on, no matter what. Rolling over and dying or giving up on hope is the last thing Joel wanted for Ellie to do.

Why the fuck would I when the other guy completely destroyed him?

You conflate the end of humanity with the end of civilization.

The point is they're never getting back the 21st century. They need to start from where they are, not try to get back an unattainable height.

How did he destroy me? By completely glossing over the fact that Ellie is not special in anyway and only the fungus is needed? So killing her makes no differences? And there really isn't any need to experiment on her when all they need is the fungus?

W...wait so IRL shit doesn't apply VERBATIM to every vidya ever?

>MFW

A cure, user. Even if humanity never completely recovers, don't you think a cure would be good? Or is it okay to just say, "hey, too many people have already died, let's just roll with it instead of trying to prevent more people from dying"?

Bruh, if we go that route, we'd be stuck on why Joel can heal bullet wounds by wrapping his arm in a bandage and never actually get to the mushroom zombies.

>she got infected a few weeks before they sent her off with Joel
>somehow, they figures out it's her fungus that is special and not her

How exactly?

They've been researching on it for years. They have samples to compare it to and have a lab ready. At this point in time, they've probably already figured out what it is exactly that makes the fungus take over the human brain. They've had twenty years to study this shit.

False Dichotomy; The choice is not between cure and no cure, but, like I said before, exploratory destructive biopsy of patient zero of a benign strain, or not.

At the end there is the point where the Fireflies should be most careful; They have an immune human at a safe location with medical equipment. We should literally start with blood tests and diagnostics to ensure her health and reconfirm the fungus is present and healthy. From there they should explore quite literally every option from the ground up to make sure they don't miss ANYTHING.

Haste makes waste, and the only thing more upsetting than killing a little girl to get a cure is killing a little girl, getting a cure and discovering you missed a necessary associated condition and you cannot replicate the immunity.

Even if Joel wanted the cure to be made and Ellie was fine with it, it is still the correct decision to waste the fireflies if their idea of careful investigation is "Let's open her up and scoop it out; Let's start with the most drastic and irreversible option so we can't try anything else if it fails."

>Studied for 20 years
>A strain that literally hasn't been isolated yet (hence the whole "We're going to need your brain" thing)

Again, user. They've been at it for twenty years. They have all the data they need. They needed to do it in a hurry because they knew Joel was going to prevent it, or Marlene would back out.

Stop it, please.

I know we invented God out of fear.

And once that fear was no longer as great we kill him.

But I can't handle THIS.

“The naked truth has the power to destroy men's minds. Only by diluting it with lies and taking it in small doses can humans maintain a healthy soul.”

>the getaway

damn that game was dope

i remember being 11 years old and playing that all night at my friends place

>study normal brain
>study infected brain
>identify parts that are present in infected brain and not human brain
>study people that are infected before turning
>notice that as the parts grow they start going crazy
>do this for several years
>able to isolate what makes the fungus turn humans into out of controlled rage monsters
>see this girl who is immune
>run blood test and see that she is no different than all past subject
>notice that the fungus in her brain doesn't have the parts that makes her go crazy
>correctly conclude that the fungus is special
Not that hard

What the fuck are you talking about? I'm saying we shouldn't think too hard about a video game.

There is no cure; there's no turning them back.

It would be a vaccine and it would take quite a bit of time for there to be enough people to build a society of any kind.

Even then, it would just be city-states who all want to run the show and civil war would run rampant.

Now that would be a kick ass sequel:

>Vaccine found.
>First part of game is clearing out the remaining infected.
>Second part is complete civil war between city-states and/or towns and/or tribes.

You reading this shit NaughtyDog.

Make it happen.

Why did they think they needed her whole brain anyway? Why couldn't they just start off getting a biopsy of her brain tissue and seeing what they could do with that before going full retard and killing her?

>They've been researching on it for years.
Not the special fungus.
>They have samples to compare it to and have a lab ready.
So based on a quick comparison, they concluded its definitely the fungus that prevents Ellie from becoming infected. How did they perform the comparison? Did people volunteer to be infected by the various fungi in a double blind study to see find out which fungi would cause immunity? Was their sample size large enough to be significant? If they were able to extract the special fungi and do a valid comparison to find out it is causing immunity, why did they have to kill Ellie? Hmm... whatever. So they have a sample of the special fungus? If so, why couldn't they simply culture it? Seems like a waste to kill the person who is a basically a walking culture dish.

Yeah, the only hope the fireflies have is that the cure can give them leverage to negotiate a position of power, with the hopes that the general populace would overthrow the military if they don't work towards the distribution of a cure. Really, the fate of the world is up to the military and whether they want to cooperate or not.

I agree with you; it's called 'Suspension of Disbelief'.

When you go into a movie or game you need to forget about anything and everything else; you need to buy into their world to get the full, true, experience.

Most people can't do that and I pity them because they'll never enjoy a game or movie to the extent that I can.

are you okay user?

user.... you do realize that suspension of disbelief isn't the same thing as willful ignorance, right? Why would you argue that it is?

What?

No, the Fireflys are leaderless and their hopes of finding a cure are dead. Now they're just full blown terrorists.

Who even controls the military at this point?

They should have conscripted the general populace and start pushing their boundaries outside of the cities to get to some good farming land.

Or just execute the weak and useless.

"Willful blindness (sometimes called ignorance of law, willful ignorance or contrived ignorance or Nelsonian knowledge) is a term used in law to describe a situation in which a person seeks to avoid civil or criminal liability for a wrongful act by intentionally keeping himself or herself unaware of facts that would render him or her liable."

is not the same as:

"The term suspension of disbelief or willing suspension of disbelief has been defined as a willingness to suspend one's critical faculties and believe the unbelievable; sacrifice of realism and logic for the sake of enjoyment."

Do YOU realize the difference?

You see, the whole "We have all the data we need" runs right up against "Destructive exploratory biopsy."

If all they need is the fungus, then a lateral biopsy is more than sufficient, again assuming for some damn reason you can't collect a sample from the cerebro-spinal fluid... You know, the shit that's perfectly sterile until something passes the blood-brain barrier... Like a brain eating (or not) fungus?

You see... The whole "correctly" conclude part doesn't follow.

Let's operate under the assumption that the growth is the damaging component.

Alternative reasons for a benign infection:

* Mutant/altered immune system reigns in infection
* Exposure to contaminant/environmental conditions stunted fungal growth
*Previous illness primed bodily systems to respond to fungus aggressively to prevent forming damaging structures
*Competitive pathogen edged out fungal infection, preventing damage.
*Symptoms, side effects or syndromes from another bioactive chemical
*Environmental factors weakened fungus before or during infection.

These are alternatives that NEED to be investigated before you haul off and behead your possibly only immune human on the planet.

People say it was downgraded but I really liked the AI of the human enemies and stalkers in this game. The way the arenas were designed it was quite hard to hole up in one spot and cheese your way through fights.
The lack of survivability in gunfights and little things to discourage you from playing it like a TPS like lack of ammo and being hit by bullets %100 of the time if you're moving towards enemies really helped give the game more of a stealth/shooter hybrid feel.
It's just a pity that in-between the tense human sections you fight braindead zombies, some with instant-kill grab attacks.

This should clear things up:

Video games usually require suspension of disbelief to explain abstract game mechanics, even in games with realistic visuals or narratives. This may also be due to technical limitations. Examples include the omission of real-life human needs in a playable character such as eating, drinking, bathroom use, or sleep, except as a means to recover health. A character may be able to drive a vehicle continuously without ever needing to refuel, or be able to sustain inexplicably high levels of injury and recover without medical attention, as a way to avoid interrupting the action. When a player character can do actions that would not make sense in the context of the story, it is referred to as ludonarrative dissonance.

So you not have any idea how military groups work? There is always someone else to pass the torch onto. And a cure wasn't their goal. They wanted to push for the re-institution of a governing body. The cure was just a way of doing that. With the hopes for a cure gone, they'd just continue doing what they always do: recruit people and be a nuisance to the military until they agree to hold negotiations. So, yeah, similar to a terrorsit group, but they don't attack civilians. And the military has been conscripting citizens. They use them for patrols and clean-up. Without further manpower through, it makes no sense to expand their territory needlessly.

They had a week to do that, user. She was infected for a week before she joined Joel. They've already ruled all that shit out.

>notice that as the parts grow they start going crazy
>able to isolate what makes the fungus turn humans into out of controlled rage monsters
Unless you can draw a correlation between the parts growing and people going crazy, it is nothing more than a coincidental associatio and you won't be able to "isolate what makes the fungus turn humans into out of controlled rage monsters". The first piece of proof to support that would be "notice that the fungus in her brain doesn't have the parts that makes her go crazy", which is of course 20 years later from the start of the study.

>run blood test and see that she is no different than all past subject
You think science has progressed so much, we can identify based on a blood test without any doubt that immunity to a pathogen is not caused by the immune system of this girl, or by a mutation which prevents this girl's cells from being taken over by the fungi, but that it's definitely due to the fungi? Or do you think the world in TLOU has this space magic?

Do you assholes seriously believe that these people were going to find a cure by cutting up the one immune person, instead of letting that immune gene pass on down each generation?

And lets say that sure maybe they would have got lucky and found a cure from dissecting her. Do you honestly think the fireflies would have just given that cure out for free out of the kindness of their hearts? That cure would have been a powerful weapon for them. Either you do what we want or no cure for you.

Not that it really matters since seeing as the biggest threat in this whole game weren't the monsters but the humans themselves, so I think humanity would be just fine without a cure. Even if you cured the entire planet and magically made every infected disappear, you would still have chaos from every group of bandits throughout the world. One could argue that the infected are the very thing preventing a massive all-out war between the humans. Instead of just random killing for supplies and survival, the absence of infected would encourage larger groups to branch out and conquer as much as possible.

In a week? In a post-apocalyptic world?

Not just ridiculous, simply laughable. You couldn't finish a blood panel in a week in the conditions they were working with.

The Jew who runs Naughty Dog better not pussy out with LoU2. There needs to be the same level of if not more violence and gratuity.

Prey 2 would have, you could see it in the gamplay reveal.
But the particular hostage taken was berating the player.

If she is the same as all previous test subject and the fungus was the difference, then yeah, it'd make sense to conspire that the fungus is what's preventing her from turning.

No, they had a week to take samples, then several months to develop and study them as Joel man's Ellie trekked across the US. Plenty of time.

Alright. I'm going to sleep because I have work tomorrow. I don't even care how our argument turns out. Just let me ask you this? Why are you insistent on finding flaws with this game?

>If she is the same as all previous test subject

Except you literally can't do that. Any such claim would be an assumption based on very limited data, exasperated by your claim that they only investigated her with a blood test, and nothing more.

>deny the world a cure to the disease because your a peadophile who is addicted to murder and loot

That's the way I saw it.

It's never implied, you're just thinking the Payday campaign is canon.