DUDE SETTLEMENTS LMAO

DUDE SETTLEMENTS LMAO

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/18898/?
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's unpopular to say here but I liked it. I think that even though Bethesda made a lot of questionavke decisions, the made some good ones too. They definitely did gunplay a massive favor.

Credit where it's due, that shit and getting resources for the pointless settlements was a great way of tying down my playtime. Whenever I found some new place to build at, I felt the need to do so.

Still, it's a shit game and the settlements were not much more than meaningless filler.

S-shut up nigger

So, how much longer until mods make this game playable? When do we get overhauls that change nearly every aspect of the game?

>mfw thought the whole game was doing errands for the minuteman
>once I actually figured the a main story line of quests I didn't have to grind at all

That and CaC, UI, Boston, and Follower Missions.

who was in the wrong here?

there is no logical reason why the character you are playing as would waste time doing trivial bullshit instead of getting revenge for your dead spouse and finding your baby, especially if you are the mom.

Yeah I don't like settlements either, what a waste of development time on sims bullshit, the rest of the game is still substantially better than nv or fo3 so I can't complain too much.

I strongly dislike Bethesda and their legions of "fans"

How could nuka-world be such a boring slog fest when far harbor was mysterious, moody and exciting?

What's not logical about securing alliances when you find out Shaun is inside a stronghold?

Appealing to lorefags is really the worst, I'll take a good game instead of a consistent one lore-wise, it's already starting to feel like marvel movies where you need to stop and try to remember obscure snippets of lore from the prior games/movies to make heads or tails out of references and names.

Walking up in a horrible wasteland might just make you want to first establish a relatively safe base.
I do like to think the PC was a military engineer of sorts, that would explain a fair amount of the stuff you can build (not sure if it was elaborated).

Think of it like this
>get frozen, everything goes wrong
>wake up, go back to your derelict old home, try to figure out what's going on
>see the house, one of the very last things you have of the world that was still stand, but in a shit condition
>sort of tidy up a little bit to have a place to come back to, should you need to
>holy shit, this place is dangerous, better BUILD A WALL
>and add turrets
>and some neato shit, expand the base
>fuck you, wasteland, I am fixing your useless ass one plot at a time

Of course your ability to dismantle entire wrecked buildings into scrap is a bit suspect, but what can you do.

>I'll take a good game instead of a consistent one lore-wise

It's really a shame Fallout 4, or 3 for that matter, is neither of those

and what's to stop you from storming in and doing it yourself, you fucking retard. The game is already easy as it is, giving you power armor and a minigun at level 3.

>it's another every-company-is-literally-evil-incarnate computer terminal message

It's a bethesda game, if you don't want to hunt down the mary sue then don't.
Fact is new vegas had the same shitty plot with benny, which also made no sense.
And Fo3 had a similar plot with your father.
And oblivion had a similar plot with martin.
This is just a shitty staple of open world gaming merging with actual rpgs to give you some vain attempt at direction.

Well there is a overhaul that released 2 days ago made by the same guy that made DUST for new vegas.

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/18898/?

It's a bigger shame that there hasn't been a good fallout game since tactics. Fact is all of these games are just TES in the fallout universe, all the shitty gameplay and complete lack of focus on story or rpg elements included.

no you don't. you literally just need to play at least one of the originals but everyone's first Fallout game is 3. It's a generation thing. Nobody wants to play old games no matter how good they are because "muh nostalgia" or they just never learned how to read.

i'm replaying the game now completely ignoring the settlements this time and I'm having way more fun. I mean, it still isn't great, but I'd say it's comparable to Fallout 3, maybe a touch better.

I started FO1 but got rekt by the very first radroach and uninstalled instantly

Sometimes it can be done fairly well, though. Trying to find Ciri, while obviously well in that category, didn't really irk me, felt a lot more believable than the idea that you are looking for Whatshisname.

Hence why they need to stop appealing to lorefags, it's pointless because nobody has played the old fallouts, even most of the faggot new vegas fans just pretend for the sake of justifying their shitty game, but it has nothing to do with fallout either aside from some cheap name drops.

>Walking up in a horrible wasteland might just make you want to first establish a relatively safe base.
no. you find your son because SHAUN IS A BABY. BABIES NEED IMMEDIATE ATTENTION.

>I do like to think the PC was a military engineer of sorts
headcanon does not work. Also, what if you chose the female lawyer character?

>fuck you, wasteland, I am fixing your useless ass one plot at a time
You should not have to do everything and fix all the messes. The world is already rebuilt and you are just discovering it. Bethesda did not get the memo.

Atleast with ciri you got little bits of what she went through along the way, instead of the same old
>yeah he was here, do some fetch missions for me and I'll tell you more, or hack my computer
so it didn't make you feel like you were chasing a ghost who was never there based on dinosaur poop evidence.

Nice pasta, I'll bite, just to get more out of (you). In FNV could a lvl 3 maintain the use of similar gear, because you couldn't in 4.

I just don't get why we needed a vault building DLC when it should have been in the base game.

>I started FO1 but got rekt by the very first radroach and uninstalled instantly

There are no radroaches in Fallout 1.

As an fps fag that played fallout 3 and NV for the RPG aspects the settlements were the best part of this piece of shit

Can you say that again, in English?

Better yet, can you take me to see Lou?

Only thing that bothered me about FO4 is it had the same shitty revenge story which tapers out half way followed by a decision between 3 awful factions or going solo main story structure as new vegas, and I absolutely hated that structure.

i don't get why you should be able to build vaults when they were first constructed at least 200 years before the great war

>you find your son because SHAUN IS A BABY. BABIES NEED IMMEDIATE ATTENTION
I didn't say all of that happens without a break. More like you go home, everything's gone to shit, you scour your house and the neighborhood for useful stuff, maybe try to fix the house a little bit for utilities, prepare for the journey who knows where.

Then you do some plot shit, or need resources again, somewhere you know isn't the warzone the rest of the map is.

The only shame is that the Minutemen end up moving into Sanctuary too easily, without you being able to tell them to fuck off.

>headcanon does not work
How so? I don't actually recall much about the game, it was too bland for me to really care.

>what if you chose the female lawyer
Well, I didn't. Not sure what else to add there. Is it retarded? Sure, I was never particularly aiming to defend Bethesda.

That said, the idea of law courses coming with optional heavy munitions and powersuit use/maintenance modules is rather amusing.

INFINITE

I don't get why every thing still looks like shit and is made of rusty tin with more holes in it than pantyhose 200 years after the war

You are wrong, there are ratsroch in the begin

I can't tell if you're trolling or just retarded.

>tfw last time you played fallout 4 was the unpatched version and it was virtually unmoddable because the load times would take 100x as long with mods

Dude you need to fuck off because my pantyhose don't have any runs or holes in them.

>nobody has played the old fallouts
Yeah, stop talking shit, you fucking retard.

I just wish the fucking loading screen didn't remind you of the story so far every single time.
I mean yeah, it does tie it all to her and what you're supposed to do instead of hunting down the one shopkeep with the useless gwent card to complete your set in all of Velen, but boy did it get old fast.

you have no idea what a roleplaying game is, do you?

headcanon can never explain away inconsistencies and plot holes.

since Fallout 4 provided backstory onto both the male (war vet) and female (lawyer) characters and allow the player to choose one, the developers should always have to assume the player is playing both genders at the same time and accommodate for the differences.

also if you needed resources you just go to a town and trade. the biggest issue with Fallout 4 is that you cannot ask enough questions. you can only ask one at a time and get one meaningless answer each time. if you really wanted more information, you have to read a wall of text on a terminal or a sheet of paper, which only benefits the player, and not the character the player is controlling. For example, the character could use the knowledge of what they just learned for later. And still, after reading that wall of text, you still can't ask more questions if the explanation is still wonky.

Radroaches appear in Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, Fallout 4, Fallout Shelter, and Fallout Tactics, and were to appear in Van Buren. They were also mentioned in Fallout Bible 1

How does it feel to be BTFO?

user I was being facetious, I've played fo1 and 2 and the first hour of tactics just like anyone else, but the fact is people like you and me are a minority of people who play fo4, fonv, or fo3, and honestly I haven't played any of the fallouts pre-remakes in over a decade, so I don't remember shit about them, there's a lot of pointless tying up loose ends that nobody gives a shit about and shouldn't have a baring on the world thousands of miles away.

>Shit poll with forced results

I hope the next fallout takes place in china, I am so burnt out on the brotherhood and generic american shit, I want to see super industrialized complexes and fight monks in mountain temples.

@353609045
>I hope the next American game set in America takes place outside of America
you don't even deserve my (You)

This is a bad poll though

It's getting really on-the-nose user, being AMERICAN wasn't that important in fo1 and 2, maybe australia since it was all orange and based on mad max, now it's cowboys fighting ww2 soldiers and car factories full of civil-war era political dissidents.

You're right! Perhaps the next metro should be set outside of Moscow! I'm voting for Thailand.

Metro would have been better in japan anyway, besides by your shit logic every fallout should have taken place in the same area as the first fallout, so right now you just called new vegas, fo3, and fo4 shit, I don't disagree, but you said it not me.

>sluts lieing on a chinese woodcutting board

>settings can only apply to one city, that's it, no more
Stop posting any time.

>settings can only apply to one city
I agree, perhaps beijing.

Because you're looking to get revenge on an organization that the commonwealth has been dealing with unsuccessfully for 200 years?

You might need some backup.

Cool thanks for posting, complimentary crayons?

Fine, hong kong would be cool too. especially since it would have been under british rule at the time.

like i already said. you get power armor and a minigun at level 3.

jet slows down time for 10 seconds.
Med-X gives 25% damage resistance
taking psycho gives another 25% damage resistance and a 25% damage bonus
yao gui roast lets you instant kill anybody with a melee weapon
addicted? make a fucking easy omelette that cures all addictions
that's not even all of them

>Metro
>a game based on a book series revolving around surviving nuclear Armageddon in the subway system of Moscow
>Lets put it in the middle of Hong Kong!
I get artistic licensing, but you may in fact be retarded.

>like i already said. you get power armor and a minigun at level 3.

OHHHHH power armour, yep no one ever thought to throw on one of those and solo the institute off the map in the last 200 year.

I was just pushing the fact or as they say "trolling" because he was being a dick about the idea of fallout in china.
Fallout was never about america, it's about the aftereffects of nuclear war between china and usa, it doesn't need to be in america every time, other countries exist in this universe, it's not like metro where nobody has left or come to moscow in decades.

Fallout was certainly about America. What are we going to make a new game about being a mole rat farmer in Indonesia and slap fallout somewhere in the title? That's almost as crazy as making a game revolving around a black guy killing mobsters and calling it Mafia!

>Fallout was certainly about America.
Fallout 1 and 2 was never about america, they only started pushing that shit with the slaves and natural history museum bullshit of fallout 3.

???????????????????????????????????????????
Hey, let's create this world revolving around nuclear armageddon and where instead of inventing the transistor we stuck with nuclear power. All the back story revolves around how America dealt with it and what became of them afterwards. Cool! Now, lets have the MC be in China! Well, he better have gills because China is a sea now. Ok, Russia! Cheeky Breeky. Ok, hmmmm Well, how do we appeal to an American player base? I know, Fallout: Bangladesh. It'll sell dozens! Dozens!

What happened with the VR version of FO4 ? did they cancel it? haven't heard about it since E3. Might actually be fun at least to try it at a friend's

>Why couldn't this be heavily story based DLC?

>Why do they force you to suddenly be bad to fully enjoy the DLC when the game shoves you into being good?

I am pretty fuckin annoyed that an amusement park was wasted on this shooty DLC.

You could say that for all games with a main questline and sidequests.

China is confirmed to be big fat crater, I would kill for game where china was made into land where warlords fight over land and was reminiscent of the old Shaw Brothers kung fu films with maybe ammo being pretty scarce so unarmed and melee comat is used more in the game.

I hope they don't ever add settlements back into a Fallout game.

i thought the ghoul you find in the childrens part with the like fun house and shit was gonna be long and interesting, with loads of long paths through the attractions

it took like 20 minutes to get to him and smash his fucking head in with a super sledge

I highly doubt unfortunately that they are going to remove it in the next game when building settlements should be side fallout game.

>So uh...it turns out making distinct locations in an open world takes a lot more effort than we thought

>dude just let the player make their own towns todd needs this shipped in 6 months

He was pretty shit boss that should have had a lot of hp instead of the bullshit where he would get up three times after he depleted his hp.

er when you were dumb.
You worshipped Bethesda like a chud. Die, you goddamn Bethestard.

Now there’s just retardation in your eyes. Like the downie that won’t die. Die, you goddamn Bethestard. You were caught in the crossfire of Todd and Hines. Clutched in their tight grasp. Piss off, you faggot with retarded laughter. Piss off you manchild, you retard, you downie and die. I hope you die in a dune. I hope you die soon. Die, you goddamn Bethestard. You played a raping of a series all night.You are everything that isn't right. Fallout 4 is an abomination. I hope every single one you fucking retards die across the nation. Die, you goddamn Bethestard. You found your own way to ignore smart decisions. Clutched in his tight grasp. Piss off, you dumbass, you failed emission. Piss off, you sperg, you asshole, you degenerate and die! Fucking DIE. You are a disgrace to a venerable series and you fuel the raping of intelligence and choice. DIE YOU FUCKING BETHESTARDS.

>50% damage resistance
>25% damage increase
>yao gui roast gives 500% increased melee damage
>power armor protects against practically everything and radiation
yes. everyone in that world is retarded and keeps asking you to do everything for them.

But it's totally optional.
I mean. That's what Todd Howard said.
And you don't think he would say something that wasn't true, do you?

bro played and and beat it with just helping one settlement for fun. You dont have to do them, its for rp people, time waster witch some people like to play, old maple story and old final fantasy 11.

people act like their wasn't pointless mission and quest in the old fallout games.

Gunplay was good, but is dragged down by the unbalanced late game where everyone becomes a bullet sponge

DUDE OPTIONAL CONTENT LMAO

he said there wouldn't be loading screens in Fallout 4 all the way back in E3 2015.

>the whole game, main quest included is optional content
kys senpai

Settlements ruined the fucking game seriously.
What's the point of having 15 unnamed settlements with unnamed npcs that get raided by groups of 2-3 enemies at a time. Seriously if they had 2 settlements with named npcs or side quests I might have given it a chance but it feels like instead of creating cool places for you to bum into they just make you do it with unnamed npcs and radiant quests.

Did they ever fix the incredible performance issues?
>tfw 20 fps on ultra
>20 fps on low with no shadows
Fuck