Titanfall

This game was seriously mishandled at launch and after release.

It deserved all the hype, but died out unfairly.
It's fun as hell and y'all should play it. The PC version needs more players.

Shill less loudly next time

Wanting to discuss a Triple A game (from a few years ago) isn't shilling, user.

It's dead, which can be heavily contributed to the companies hard on for cloud technology Azure servers instead of fixing balance issues.

Game had serious faults as well because of their card system, but generally opting out for sensible server side control of match settings killed the fuck out of any possible growth, on top of forced auto matchmaking. This was at a time EA wanted the same thing but backed the fuck down from it.

Card system should of been chucked out for reinforcement reward system the more you contribute to a match, titans should of been capture point related objectives to speed up cooldown timers. Including a system of emergency reinforcements if out numbered by titans by focusing on AI bots.

I'm playing it right now on Xbone, what's your excuse you low-skill faggot?

It is when there's a sequel in the making.

Nah its fuckin lame bud.
Muliplayer games are for people with autism

It is when the sequel comes out in a matter of weeks. Don't be dense you mongoloid fuck.

>burn cards are unbalanced

t. Gen 1 Ogre user.

It didn't had a lot of content, and there was no real progression system, which is what keeps people playing shit nowadays. I still love it, and it's one of my favorite multiplayer shooters I've ever played, but it is a shame that it died so quickly. It's even sadder to see that they seem to not only be repeating the same mistakes, but making things worse with the second game, by making a lot of changes no one asked.

fuck
adrenaline transfusion with the eva-8 made my dick hard
I love that shotgun so fucking much

A lot of the changes are actually logical when you play it all as a whole. The new meta is more demanding but still the same core experience.

then wouldn't he be shilling for the sequel, as opposed for the original?

I only use it on Hardpoint, otherwise it's R101. Kraber if I'm not even trying.

I've played the beta on the PS4, and it felt very different from the first game. I'm personally willing to excuse a lot of the stuff to playing it with a controller, which is pure cancer for FPS, specially such a fast paced one like Titanfall. I'm also willing to give them a chance to improve things, which they do seem to be doing, like with Attrition coming back, but I still can't shake the feeling that the game is going to be DoA. I'm still going to buy it, have fun for a few weeks, but it's just not going to last. For some retarded reason they decided to release it a week apart from BF1 and COD.

I might just play it for the first 24h on Origin, refund it and buy COD a week later to be honest.

The burn cards worked fine it was the ridiculously bad servers and little to no content, maps and a piss poor campaign. Even the most OP of burn cards where not much of a issue. I had a guy playing with elite cards and didn't matter if he had an amped smart pistol i'd stomp him with my atlas and an amped titan was easy prey for a rodeo titan kill. Even if it was online the campaign now is random order maps so anyone who wants to follow to story has to watch youtube videos. As for the whole "smart pistol is op" well it was never call of duty and you need learn to move fast and move in such a way to avoid it. Despite saying that i do really agree the lock time needed to be longer for pilots vs pilots and not be able to lock while cloaked.

No matter what the pilot combat and agility along with the titan combo was the most fun and most free i've felt in movement in any shooter ever.

Will the fix titanfall 2, well nope not a chance looks who's funding it, but one can dream right?

The fact that they removed the wallrunning speedcap from the first game made it GOTY in my book.

R101 was too boring. I'm pretty sure I haven't played with it outside the beta after discovering the EVA-8. It was so fun to run around flanking shitters that played it like COD. The Smart Pistol was my second choice to get people mad.

Have they? Was that on the test build or was it a recent change? Haven't really noticed it in the beta, mainly because the maps were pretty fucking shit to parkour. What I did notice was how fast you lost speed when not wallrunning, and that was made even worse with the maps available to test. Still, I really like things like the grappling hook, and the potential it has to get you to even higher speeds, instead of just getting you to higher places, which is what most people seem to think it's useful for at first.

Running speed was exactly the same as 1, and they admitted the loss of momentum was a glitch in the first weekend build. The second you could go up to 70 kph just wallrunning and stim (without stim you could get to 62) compared to 40 kph cap in 1 outside of stim eject.

R101 is a laser gun. I have yet to use a gun that can get me as many kills.

>the loss of momentum was a glitch in the first weekend build
That's really good to hear. I was quite disappointed with the beta, but every video and new information released in the past few weeks got me excited for it again. I still know it's going to die just as quickly as the first game, but even though it didn't last long, I still had a shitton of fun and good memories with Titanfall, and don't regret buying it on release at all. Here's hoping this one is similar.

I still play it, so whatever. I don't care if it isn't popular: less shitters.

>Average Cred Forums user
>Installing Origin

Pick one. Just get an Xbone OP, it still gets 3-5k people online. Have TitF2 pre-ordered also.

I've actually downloaded it again after playing the TF2 Test, and was surprised to find a match incredibly quickly, so there is some hope.

I would still play it if it had custom servers and mod tools.
Unfortunately, it doesn't.

I'm guessing you play on PC, which is a shame because Deadly Ground and Pilot Skirmish (the best modes) don't get love thanks to casual pandering attrition.

I like Attrition because it's a pretty chill mode. You can of course still kill pilots and shit, but sometimes it's pretty relaxing to just run around murdering grunts and dodging spots where people are fighting. But yeah, on PC everything that isn't Attrition might as well not exist, and I'm honestly ok with that.

This execution is so damn good. The way he throws the pistol is so sick.

I'm honestly pretty disappointed with how they're handling customization in TF2. The class based shit sucks dick. Grappling hook needs to be a standard ability everybody gets because everything else is shit. I had maybe 1 or 2 people a game who didn't use it.

I wish these were first person.

This is how I felt. Grappling hook should be standard for everyone simply because you feel so limited without it.

You really are limited without it. You get outclassed by the range of movement everybody else has without it

I'm ok with it, it'll be interesting to kind of see people forced to branch out. In TF1 if just seems like everyone uses the same loadout except for Titan weapons.

Yup. I'm sure it's going to be a must have gadget for anyone who actually knows how to play the game. It's just too good of a movement tool in a game that has most of his focus on going fast around the map. Either they gotta nerf it or buff the other shit.

Yeah but everyone is just going to run grappling hook. There will be no class variety because movement is king in Titan Fall

Why couldn't they have added a campaign or mission mode post launch?