FFXV

Is this game really that divisive?

how do you fucking say any of those names??

Have you not seen any of the FFXV videos?

>all black except the one mary sue

I will never understand the appeal of this game.

Just pretend it's in latin

I don't think so, Cred Forums just loves its shitposting.

Doesn't it look like Gentiana and Aranea have the same face?

why is there two noctis?

u wot? They're actually really easy to say.

They're also really stupid.

>those designs
>those pretentious names

What's so diverse about this?

Re-read the OP.

Ara Ara Highwind mai waifu.

Probably buying the game just because of her.

All female game.

Yeah, but the extent of it in FFXV threads has been beyond what I could imagine.

I remember my first RPG.

You should have seen Other M threads.

Aranea is cute!

>Graphical downgrades
>All male
>Male cast looks like a boy-band

There's a lot of little things but basically this game had the potential to be really cool but they killed it by making everything as gay as possible.

>muh waifus
Fuck off

I never said anything about waifus, there's just no reason to make it all male. I'd be pissed if any story heavy AAA game came out with an all male case if it wasn't a military shooter.

There is no reason to make the party partly female either.

You know I want to talk about this game because I'm excited, but at the same time I'm glad there aren't much threads because of shitposters and XV-kun ruining them.

there is tons of threads. some of them have great discussion. and others with shitposters will die down after the shitposters get tired and go eat some ice cream mommy laid out for them

Difficult to say because you don't want to sound stupid.

You kinda need some character diversity if you're going to entice people to spend 80 hours with a story. Having a cast of four homo-erotic looking men spearheading that length of time isn't going to sit well with a lot of people and hurt sales, especially considering most video game consumers are men. In previous Final Fantasies you'd have your androgynous lead characters and it became a bit of a trope, but you'd still get other characters that balanced them out like Auron, Wakka, Barrett, Basch, etc. This game's "manly" character looks is designed just as gay as Vaan except with more muscle and the other 3 are even worse. People criticized Tidus and Vaan's design, and having four of them isn't going to help them anywhere but Japan and it'll probably hurt them there too. You don't NEED women to tell a story but imagine an all male version of any other popular game, it just wouldn't sell as well as if they had a mixed-gendered cast.

>Is this game really that divisive?
Only between hardcore FF fans. And to them, every game is divisive. The whole fanbase consists of hating the majority of the series and defending the few games they do like.

Outside of the core fans, no one cares about anymore. It missed its hype window by about 8 years. This game will probably sell around 3-4 million copies if its lucky.

>they still haven't realized people just genuinely think this game looks like ass

Like said we occasionally have good threads. Earlier this past week we did, but then they went down hill as the week went on. Your best bet would be to pop in see how the thread is going and continue from there. And if you see that the shit is going downhill after it was going well, just bow out. Being subjugated to that much shitposting for too long will just make you bitter.

There's a difference between critical of it the game in a concise and constructive way and shitposting. Guess what usually happens in FFXV threads? There have been threads where there was documented proof to the contrary of what was being argued and there were still people doubling down.

I don't know what you're talking about nigger, people were hype for this game as late as 2013. Then it became clear it was no longer the game people were originally hype for.

Now, the only people who are "hype" for it are the type of people who get excited over free t-shirts.

Its pretty damn clear that FFXV is going to be fucking awful. That should be clear to anyone whose seen what square has made for the past 15 years.

Is Noctis and Noctis the same Noctis?

It just looks boring and unpolished

Yes.

>it doesn't count unless it meets my exact standards of what a "good" post is

Fuck off fanboy. By that logic, most of the neutral or "hype" posts are shitposts too.

There has also been proof of it being ass, but if you point that out it's labeled as a shitpost and you cry about people "ruining" the thread.

>Now, the only people who are "hype" for it are the type of people who get excited over free t-shirts.
That doesn't say anything, that's just a disorganized failure of an attack. People, and loads of people are genuinely hyped for the game, because of what they have seen. Lots of people from that time are still excited for it, such as I. Telling me that "these are the people who are hyped for it now" doesn't amount to anything but the fact that you like to shitpost.

Where is your proof? They improved the game marginally.

>I don't know what you're talking about nigger, people were hype for this game as late as 2013.
>now they're not
So...you're confirming his point?

And here we go again.
>it doesn't count unless it meets my exact standards of what a "good" post is
Who are you quoting? The things I'm referring to are things like the "Is Gladio Nobility?" argument a few threads back. That kind of blatant shit.

But I don't feel like doing this for another thread. I'm gonna give you this (You) and move on, okay?

>saying the fans are shallow (they are) is now shitposting
>let me post about how the fans are genuine!

Nice double standard.

>is gladio nobility

I was there and it was just XV-kun arguing with someone because he didn't understand the point they were making because he's an autist.

I'm sorry but the hair not looking like complete ass now isn't an improvement that's worthy of praise.

I guess, but he said 8 years when it's more like 3. Though, I agree that it would've had the MOST impact probably 8 years ago.

That's not a double standard, and you don't know how to properly use principles. I never said anything about "genuine fans", but if they are excited for it, where would any kind of negativity rise from the idea that they are? You're saying it's not the game people are hyped for anymore, when that doesn't make sense. Games go through development cycles, and sometimes longer than others.

Ah, so you're shitposting. Gotcha.

It was announced in 2006. By the time the game finally comes out, it will have been hyped for 9 years. You can claim all you want about it changing teams and not being worked on until 2008, or wait 2011, or no 2013....but none of that matters. Its hype began in 2006. And outside of core FF fans, the general market no longer cares.

It would take a marketing campaign on the level of Final Fantasy VII just to bring hype back to what it was back in 2006-2008. FFXV is essentially a failure before its even launched.

It is a double standard. and yes you are trying to counter by saying

>no the fans are genuinely excited

when I pointed out that they are shallow retards who go nuts over a free t-shirt.

and you can keep your shitty "it's just the normal dev cycle durr" arguments because anyone with a brain knows this is a very exceptional case.

at least you don't see too many niggers around. Proper fantasy game.

The people who're hyped for it are the same ones always screaming about how ARPG so much greater than turn-based and turn-based sucks so much.

They don't say this because they play these games and have come to this conclusion. They say it because ARPGs are more fun to watch being played.

All it is to them is another movie to watch LP'd, not a game to be played. Always remember this and judge on those merits.

That's not a double standard. A double standard is when you apply something in an unfairly way.

You saying "they are shallow retards who go nuts over a free T shirt" is more than just a terrible way of showing how hypocritical you are, but you are also blatantly siding with negativity with no logical assumption rather than accepting the fact that there are many people who are excited for this game.

The game did go through development hell. The very first parts of it that were created were just an idea, and that idea grew and became this.

I wish we could control old Noctis in the game.

Why do I feel like I've read this before?

I dunno, a lot of casuals seem to want to buy it because of the atrocious marketing.

I don't think it will bomb in sales, but I agree it's genuine or dedicated hype died awhile ago.

Would have been nice if it had proper development and released in a timely manner when it still had potential.

Good thing there's World of FF for the turn based fans.

>when you apply something in an unfair way

Which is what you're doing. It's shitposting to assume negatively about the fans when I have proof yet you sit there and assume positively about them and that's perfectly fine according to you.

It's not hypocritical at all.

>were just an idea

Keep telling yourself that.

>grew and became this

Changing directors and the new director throwing most everything out and making a whole new story and cutting gameplay features isn't what I'd call "growing" lmao

What marketing? I mean, its getting a lot of producer videos and some web based marketing. But I haven't seen any TV commercials or general marketing.

Well, they haven't done tv commercials, but the web marketing and product placement, deals with GoT and BB actors, the anime, the movie. They're definitely trying to draw in a crowd in the worst ways possible.

They honestly could have just shown some false advertisment-tier commercials on tv and had the same effect without selling out so much but Squeenix gonna Squeenix.

But you don't have proof. You illogically assumed something, while I didn't. I'm genuinely excited for the game, and many people are too. You told me that they are the same people who "buy t-shirts" whereas that is a literal ungrounded attack against something you don't like. Furthermore, you proceeded to call me out by saying I stated a double-standard, implying that you had an argument to begin with.

You were shitposting. Now you just keep backpedaling to try and "win" a baseless argument. The new director didn't throw out everything though. Versus was just an idea for a game, it was never going to come out. Nomura then gave him all the assets so he could work and improve upon it in which he did.

You really need to stop using so many quotation marks xv-kun

For what reason?

Because

It makes your post recognizable.

Glad-eeolus Ay-Mamacita look at those muscles

>Yelled at Prompto so loud, Prompto called him "Sir"
>Told Noctis to not keep his sister waiting
Dom boy is best boy.