Can we have a thread about upcoming Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons/Rune Factory games?

Can we have a thread about upcoming Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons/Rune Factory games?

I know that Japan had its release of Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns four months ago, but from what I've seen the town looks even smaller than past installments and the new farming system is even more dumbed down. Much Akin to Harvest Moon: Skytree Village, which is Natsumi's project (Not to be confused with Story of Seasons, AKA the old Harvest Moon series). It appears crops are mostly going to be done in huge swaths now, rather than individual planning.

I doubt we're going to get a new Rune Factory game anytime soon, especially after the original team was hired on by Marvelous/XSEED, considering they seem content with trying to carve a niche in the mobile market, as well as by producing other new IPs like Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven, which completely forgoes both town exploration and crop growing.

It looks like all of the upcoming games are going to be even more simplified, which worries me because these types of games are already simple in their own right.

I just wanna explore a cozy town while romancing cute girls again.

Bump

In Rune Factory 5, Yue will come back and you'll be able to marry her again.

I love games where I can explore a dungeon then head back to my house/farm to relax, sell my loot, and grow some tasty crops.
Rune Factory is great but I don't feel like the dungeon part is deep enough, like the combat is really simple.

Does anyone have a suggestion for me? These are my favorite kind of game.

Has any information for Rune Factory 5 been released yet?

Dark Cloud 2 and Fantasy Life I guess are the closest matches to what you want outside of Rune Factory

Try Elona.

So obviously the most recent Harvest-Moon-like game that's actually any good is probably Stardew Valley. Pretty good approximation of on OG Harvest Moon without the cutesy dumbed down shit of recent games.

Already played both of them. Thanks though.
Fantasy Life was really close to incredible for me. I just had trouble getting into it late game since it felt a bit silly grinding up an MMO style crafting system in a single player game.

Oh trust me nigga, I have. You're my buddy now. I think Elona is the game that made me obsessed with games like this in the first place. Chasing the dragon on it now.

Not that I know.

Sadly you're not going to get deep combat in these types of games, Rune Factory is pretty much the pinnacle.

If only I had the drive to learn to code. A farming sim with deep combat would be my wet dream come true.

>Got a Harvest Moon recently
>Wasn't having fun with it. It seemed wierd as fuck
>Learned of the whole Natsumi thing, realized I was basically playing a knock-off
>got Story of Seasons
>Still wasn't having fun

What happened? I remember having tons of fun with this series before.

Good.

I don't necessarily need super deep combat, but Rune Factory is especially simplistic. I love the games but I want it to be equal parts combat/town stuff rather than 75/25

Marvelous isn't done with RF, since they recently had a sale for RF4 in Japan on the eShop to celebrate the tenth anniversary of the series. A new 3DS theme came out too.

I haven't enjoyed mainline Bokujou Monogatari in years so I have no hope for Trio of Towns but if they keep the Hamtato collab in the west I may be drawn in again just for that even though I know I won't like the game itself.

I liked some aspects of Natsume's The Lost Valley and hope Skytree Village builds from that and makes something truly good.

are there waifus? can you marry like in RF?

Never heard of this, but looking at gameplay vids it looks like it has quite a lot to it.

How easy is it to get into?

Yes to both.

One of the easier roguelikes to get into.

>Yes to both.
Sold.
Gonna check this game out!

It's really not too much like RF. It's a great game though. Honestly I don't even have time to type up a full pitch on it.
It's really the most unique Roguelike there is, definitely the black sheep of the genre. It's great, you can open a shop, a farm, a ranch, a museum, and have a palace to live in. There are a bunch of different ways to play. I just typed up a giant Necromancer guide for the /jp/ general, for example. I really suggest going to the /jp/ general and asking them, I'm terrible at summarizing and there's just so much to talk about with it.

It's easy to start and not be incredibly confused, but very hard to get super good at. I definitely recommend trying it. I really need to just keep a pastebin of pre-written Elona pitches since this comes up so often.

Well I guess I know what I'm doing for the rest of the night.

Thank you anons for opening my eyes.

>The night

user, I have over 4000 hours in this game over multiple characters. It's the only game I can literally play for a month straight, wake to sleep, and not grow bored of. Don't thank me, I've ruined you.

See you in 300 hours.

Margaret is best girl

Best bachelor in harvest moon Cred Forums?

They'd be crazy not to make an RF5 after 4 was such a huge success.

FUCK YOU MARVELOUS WHY CAN'T I MARRY VENTI ESPECIALLY AFTER PUTTING UP WITH YOUR BULLSHIT RNG EVENTS TO SAVE HER

Modern or classic?

Both

well Cred Forums?

Don't you know user

Marvelous loves making the best girls in town not available

Because then nobody would've picked any of the other girls and all of that work would've gone to waste.

But I don't care fuck you Neverland, this is why you died.

The fact that she Later has a loli form is just salt in the wound. My rage still burns eternal.

Why do the japs love cockblocking their fans so much

Classic: Gray
Modern: Vaughn from Sunshine Islands or Ivan from Grand Bazaar

Its like how you couldn't marry that Nun in sunshine islands fuck you nastume

She's marriageable in the Japanese version though.

Vaughn is a fan favourite I find

The dilf looking bachelors are the best in my book

Dark, brooding and mysterious.

True

Pia fucking scared me in my playthrough. I could never quite tell if she was cute or just fucking nuts.

Bullshit

I don't believe you

Does want a new console Harvest Moon game?

Only if they actually make an attempt on the graphics

Most console harvest moon games look like hot garbage, and more often than not play like it too.

Doesn't matter anyway the bachelors are the biggest scrubs ever

You're a little old too be that kid, aren't you?

One thing I miss about harvest moon are the rival marriages you can't be the only one getting ass in the village

I mean they're on a shoestring budget, it's never going to have the fanciest graphics.

No idea why Oceans turned out the way it did though.

RF2 had that, as well as NTR.

I'm kind of glad that's out.

Weren't there still rivals in RF1 too?

I'm just jaded because of A Wonderful Life

Holy fuck did that game look awful

I have never played a RF game. My favorite HM is FOMT, although I really enjoyed the SNES one, AWL, BTN, and a few others. I don't really like the newer ones.

I fucking LOVED Stardew Valley.

Will I like RF? Which one is best? Also comparing RF4 to Stardew Valley -- which do you prefer?

I maintain that most of A Wonderful Life was awful. Awful in a really interesting memorable way, but still terrible.

Can we all agree that she is best girl right?

Rune Factory has set the standards too high, fuck modern Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons

Can you marry her?

If yes, then she's not the best girl.