Git gud

"Git gud" Is a retarded meme. I practiced for two months day in and day out and I still suck. All of you who are "gud" just have Natural talent. I'm tired of playing multilayer vidya nowadays.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normal_distribution
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just git gud xD

git gud

>introduce friend to video games
>he beats me at literally every game

Git gud should be extended. Git gud or get out. Find another hobby you low reflex queer.

git gud is a fallback response for those who are socially inept even on the internet or cannot come up with a decent intelligent response

git gud stop complaining. if you are coming here instead of improving then all your practice wasn't enough

>this is what scrubs actually believe

dug tig

There's nothing else for me to do faggot. I'm a natural at fighting and racing vidya but fps I hate
> X
leave normalfag
Judging by these responses, it really makes you think don't it?

getting good requires more than playing. it requires learning the mechanics, making good decisions, reflex/aim, and exploit the game's mechanics to your advantage.

This makes no sense. Certain people will ace their practice. Some won't. I can't ace my practice in fps

no, you're stupid and mix autistically playing for months with actually training to get better.

i have a friend like you, he plays twice as me yet he is terrible at most high paced games. His problem? He can't recognize his own errors.

Actually "getting good" implies looking back at both lost and won games and thinking:

>What did i do wrong?
>What could i have done better?
>What will i do next time im in the same situation?

if you refuse to ask yourself this questions and instead blame the game, your enemies, your teammates or even "natural talent" you're never gonna be better.

Fuck you OP.

Hone your skills at the game, then call me.

Giting gud is impossible. Purely impossible. Besides you anons aren't going to reward me. You people only care about the negative.

I did all those things
> guides
> try different approaches
> question everything I do
What I didn't do:
> blame my enemies, game, teammates.
Try harder faggot. And fuck you too.

What he said is true tho

Then what pray tell is the purpose of this thread? You knew the only response that would occur here. What would one possibly gain by bitching "You guys aren't helping me with a general skill that I can't get better at!" You might as well stab your self in the foot then complain that it hurts.

You haven't even told us what you are trying to git gud at?

One thing you gotta make sure is that you're not being held back your hardware. With a standard 60hz TFT and shitty dell OEM mouse, you will always underperform.

I was hoping someone would actually discuss the concept if talent and hard work. For example there are cases of people who are level 300 in overwatch yet are silver rank

My parts are actually ancient

Funny, because the OP seemed more like shouting to the wind than, "Do you think natural talent can outweigh practice in games?" That would have actually sounded like an opener to discussion.

If your cpu is 6 years old, replace it.

>ITT: "I want the easy way to win. It's not my fault I suck shit, it's your natural talent that makes you better than me. What's practice? I only got 20 minutes to play video games, I can't practice every day like you faggot-trons do."

you have to actually be retarded to literally not be able to improve

i started as a silver 4 in csgo and after a year of daily practice along with ranked games, i reached global

git gud

In order to get good, you need to enjoy what you play. Otherwise you are forcing yourself, and when that happens you dont gain any skill.

Advise from an all life player.

Very easy to believe...

When it's TRUTH.

When it comes to interactions, speech, and writing intelligently, perhaps heed your own advice...

git gud.

There are different manners of gitting gud for every game genre. What game are you playing, op ?

+ you're talking about practicing for ONLY two months.

You do realize that a lot of people have 10+ years of experience in genres like FPS? Even if you think some game like OW is brand new, you will still be going up against people who have played competitive Quake/CS/Unreal/TF/etc for a gigantic period of time.

>two months of practicing at being shit
git gud

Git gud means there is no secret combo or overpowered equipment or glowing weak spot for you to exploit. The enemy is less predictable than your average Nintendo boss, but they're not invulnerable. Watching, anticipating and executing is not a pro tactic in this case, it's a necessity. Even fucking EA Sports games require it. If you can't even win at Madden, then you haven't yet accepted the fact that you need to actually LEARN.

If you can't git gud then git ovr it and quit. That's right, quit. Because you're not trying. Maybe you never tried to git gud in the first place. It doesn't matter, because apparently you don't care enough about whatever game you're playing to git gud. It doesn't take raw talent, or some unknowable ability. It takes time, effort, and practice. The youth of this generation have no idea what that means. They expect whatever they want to be handed to them on a sliver platter. You are that youth, OP. You are nothing but a spoiled child, or man-child, whining about the fact that you don't want to be beaten by someone who cares about a game. Well git over it.

>RPG
>no matter what i do, i will always lose if i dont grind

git gud or git rekt

I only have fun when people aren't shitting on me. I only play for pride. For example, I can care less about overwatch but the wins and rising in ranks make me feel satisfied.
I didn't mean to shout in the wind
Maybe I am retarded. Do you have a problem with that?
I took a two year break from fps. I used to he hood but now I'm mediocre
These people don't make it easy. They're annoyingly hard. I watch carefukky, pkan, adaot, and I still can't be as gud as I was when I was 13-16

I actually tried. If you read my first post, you'll see that I said day in and day out

I'm only good at video games because I enjoy losing. When I win, then it's over. When I lose, I can try again, doing better each time.
I always win eventually.

Same basic principle for online games. If I win too much I get bored. If I lose too much I can keep challenging myself.

When people rage about losing, I struggle to understand what enjoyment they're getting out of video games in the first place. Is it just about bragging rights? If you're playing just to win, then what exactly are you enjoying up until that point?

if you dont have the minimum mental capacity to play videogames then leave

I read your post. After two months you had no appreciable skill gain. I think you're a liar and you did not do that.

I think he didn't practiced enough, or paying enough attention.
Used to happen to me back when I played league

I'm good at fighting ganes, not fps. Fuck you.
I did that. I'm not lying. Believe what you want, because I can't get the truth through your fucking skull.

You can't get your lies through my skull. You're wanting sympathy because you lost many matches, and you're coming to us for it. We refuse to give it. This is not your personal hugbox. We are not here to make you feel wanted or welcome. We are here to bullshit around on the internet. As people who bullshit 90% of the time we can tell when something is bullshit. The statement you make is bullshit, and you are a liar. You want sympathy for being bad at games and being a sore loser? Fine. You can find sympathy between 'shit' and 'syphilis' in the dictionary. That's all you're going to get.

>Sympathy
> we
I didn't ask for sympathy faggot. I started this fucking thread with a true statement: talent trumps all. By your retarded logic if soneone practiced for two months they can be a goddamn Olympian. What will I gain from asking Cred Forums of all places for sympathy??? Man you really are retarded. Instead of debating talent vs skill, you're accusing me of lying about playing. You assume I'm a sore loser. It's just a fact of life, some people are better at certain things.

git gud genes

It's not enough to just practice
You must also practice properly
Knowledge does not exist in a vacuum

At least no one will ever be better at getting cum inflated than you op and that's something you can be proud of.

These two posts added more to the discussion than this.

What a thoughtful post

>having trouble with game
>google and see what tips I can find
>find Gfags post where OP explain with detail what he's tried, what seemed to work and asking for the best way to beat that part of the game
>first post is "git gud" by some memer

It takes more than two months and you have to play with good players.

I feel your pain actually user. I'm not bad at video games, but I sure as hell ain't as good as I was when I was 17-18. Just slower reflexes and poorer aim.

>I started this fucking thread with a true statement

No, you did not, liar, you started it with an opinion. Your starting statement was: "Git gud" Is a retarded meme.

That is an opinion.

Next you went on to lie about how long you played games: I practiced for two months day in and day out and I still suck.

That is a lie, if you practice for two months you will get somewhat better. You should go from 'suck' to 'ok'. If you still suck, you did not practice.

You went on to say: All of you who are "gud" just have Natural talent.

That is false. Most of us who are good have honed skills with hundreds of hours of practice. The only way you can hone a skill.

Lastly you stated: I'm tired of playing multilayer vidya nowadays.

A statement of reaching, asking for sympathy, for fellowship. Trying to find someone in the same boat as you. But you did not, and will not. All in all your entire comment was a blog post, crying proudly that you suck and you refuse to better yourself. Asking for a hand out. I don't care. I can say from most of the posts in this thread, we don't care. Git gud or git lost. Either way, stop being a little bitch.

i wish i was good at mobas
you see all those professional ugly asians who play dota 2 or league of legends banging 10/10 european girls, feels bad man
what's worse is that, i don't even like mobas

>mfw he can't git gud
scrub

i bet he need gamer food too right?

/thread

>Video games are racist
>Gods keeping niggas down
>Didn't gave us talen

But blacks are good at fighting games.

A teacher of mine in medical school showed a picture like that. They started off with high much technology has evolved and had the class brainstorm how to keep them alive, then he went off on us on the ethics of it. I personally think Robocop 2 got to the guy or something.

> I only play for pride. For example, I can care less about overwatch but the wins and rising in ranks make me feel satisfied.

fucking lol

If you read "The inner game of tennis" or "The art of learning", that exact point is one of the biggest hindrances to git gud.

If you're actively searching for a win, and the win is what matters to you, then you won't be soaking up all the information to improve. You're just looking to apply what you already know in order to get the win state.

You need to actually enjoy the act of whatever it is you want to improve at, in order to improve. If you don't give a shit about FPS games, then no shit you won't improve.

Speaking of git gud, remember back when reviewers weren't such pussies?

The filthy neurotypicals are playing for social status.

>I used to he hood but now I'm mediocre
Well if you used to be good, then gitting gud clearly isn't impossible faggot.

This.
Easy there user. You wrote several paragraphs against me. That right there sounds like a tumblr post. Did I really piss you off that much? You're jumping to conclusions. I'm telling the truth. I went from 10 kills and 15 deaths to 20 kills and 5 deaths. That to me is still shitter material. In my book that "imorovement" was nothing. I'm looking for big improvements.

You're right. I like fighting better. Even as a young faggot I only played fps for numbers

GETTING GOOD TIERS

>S tier
-Natural talent plus practice
-GOOD Autism. (somehow amazing at everything and are godly at a game)

>A tier
-Practice

>B tier
-Natural talent

>C tier
-No practice and no talent

>D tier
-BAD Autism (Awful at everything no matter how hard you try thanks to shitty motor control as autism symptom)

Where do you sit, Cred Forums?

>You need to actually enjoy the act of whatever it is you want to improve at, in order to improve.
not that guy but what should I do if all I want is the end result of being good at something and don't actually enjoy doing anything but sitting around and shitposting

This is true, but you must also understand the frustration one might get from practicing and failing. Lose too much, and both parties get bored - in the same manner you described.
Losing is fun only when there is a surmountable challenge. Otherwise you won't even begin to understand how you lost.

Now that I think about it, does the alphabet need to be in order?

How high does talent with practice, but zero autism stand?

if you want to ever be able to use a dictionary, yeah

are you blind? It's literally right there.

GOOD autism and natural talent plus practice are seperate points user.

Hence the dash marks

if you have good autism it's assumed you probably have both already

Not him, but that user is certainly right.
>I'm looking for big improvements
That takes time and patience. As someone who was as bad as Kyon at soccer, I can confirm this. I eventually became good, but it took around three years.

Talent is definitely something that affects the way you play, though. A hardworker will never be as good as a naturally talented hardworker.

But dictionaries were written with the alphabet in mind. What made our ancestors pick it that way?

Now this is a reasonable answer. The user who was writing paragraphs made no sense. He assumed I was lying since I didn't mention the improvements I had. I didn't want to mention it because I didn't see them as valuable or important unless I'm getting 40 kills and 1 death on a daily basis

wanting to write a dictionary

It probably didn't need to when it was first written, but you will have to list them in some sort of order at some point, so why not just agree on one?
An initial order is psychologically necessary for learning. You can then discuss with your peers whether it matters or not, or if it can be improved.

then you have to learn how to enjoy the thing you want to be good at, or find something easy enough that you can get to the end result of being good without having the drive to improve.

S tier here. Unfortunately, life is kicking me in the dick, so I lack time to practise.

No real reason =/= No inherent reason.

Alphabets are entirely a logical linguistic construct, and their order is totally arbitrary, which doesn't stop them from being useful and meaningful.

>being a poorfag
>go to my friends place to play ps2 back in the day
> play soul calibur something
> first time i ever play
> he practices everyday like the good hikikomori he is
> I beat the shit out of him

> present day
> we get together to play pokemans go
> he has to full stop and concentrate to catch every pokemon doing full arm motions.
> I play one-handed while jogging

To my experience some people just cant git gud.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normal_distribution

It is indeed a meme.
Practice can only achieve so much.
Skill level in video games follows a normal distribution, like SO many other things which are determined randomly by genetic potentials. A friend of mine got butthurt because it became apparent that he's only in about the 80th percentile.

I really wonder what people

So you are saying that the people who are good at games are privileged?

That being said, I'm pretty sure the skill floor of Dark Souls is still really low and only people

This image is unnerving me

>play on CRT
>have your keyboard and mouse on the exact same spot at all times
>practice
>eventually get really good
>get kicked from servers for cheating
>realize you wasted your time
yeah get gud

Wow, you're kind of really retarded.

My problem with "git gud" is that it's so easy to throw out for anything that it lost its meaning.

Like, let's say I said something like "I don't like what happened to poise in Dark Souls 3". Cue 15 posts that are all variations of "git gud". It gets even stranger for Bloodborne, possibly because it's a PS4 exlcusive and Sonyfags try too hard to defend it. You can't voice a single complaing about the game without "LMAO GIT GUD I BET YOU NEVER EVEN BEAT GASCOIGNE" or something.

There are times when git gud is a legitimate answer but idiots just throw it around for shitposting or deflecting flaws of their favourite games and genres, it's terrible. It's pretty bad for fighting games as well, since a lot of them don't have any tutorials whatsoever and it can be hard for a newcomer to even figure out what all these systems and mechanics are without some guidance. Just brushing them off with a git gud isn't going to make them improve at all

>in before someone responds with "m-muh hugbox" or "git gud"

OP here. My Friend had a yugioh party ar his house and some little black kid was dominating in killer instinct as eyedol (iirc that's his name). I picked up the gane for the first time and was the wolf. I ended his win streak. And was undefeated tgat night. For whatever reason I feel comfy in fightan games. And I only knew about killer instinct from the yoshi death battle.

Getting good isn't something that just happens. It's a mindset, it's a commitment. It makes videogames that much better - You've got the drive to do better and when you do get better, you destroy other people or you carry them to victory.

>the git gud discourse
this shit ruins every souls thread with the dks2 is bad meme, the bloodborne kiddies and people who have never touched demon's

Yeah, but since I'm only "kind of really" retarded I'm in the bottom 18% of skill instead of bottom 2% which is occupied by "actually" retarded individuals.

I have noticed that many people hate being measured and try to play games that don't reveal stats.

>90-99% are "competent, usually"
>Including from top 10 to 1% in "competent, usually" instead of very competent
Taking CSGO in a 24-hour period today, 1% would be around 6,000. Considering the 99th percentile the one where you finally find competition, you should have no trouble in making a quick buck on local or regional tournaments, seriously.
Claiming what you just did would mean you'd be in a world-class eSports team with nothing more than 1-2 months of training.

Unless, of course, you mentioned Dunning-Kruger to refer to your case.

I'm black and have literally never won a match of KoF against anyone but my mother.

Also, I think Angel is way too hard to use in 2002.

Well i'm glad somebody said something...

u mad?

Have you played the latest one? How is it? I'm looking for a new fighting game and it looks like it could be fun.

...I'm sort of waiting for an enhanced edition or whatever to come out though. I'm always annoyed that fighting games constantly do that.

How do I git gud at Virtua Fighter if I don't live in Japan? Do I have to start up my own scene? Will I need to hire some homeless people to play with me at said scene? No one plays fighting games in this town anyway.

This pretty much.
It's just a more cynical way of saying "Try a different approach, brah", but it's mostly used to shitpost and piss people off.
Also git gud :^)

>showing off
>eyes peeled
>losing your mind
carry on.

Haven't played XIV yet, as I have no PS4. I did watch CEOtaku, however, and it seemed pretty interesting, other than hops being a little less good. Also, KoF isn't really known for making enhanced versions of a game as re-releases, as they generally have just patched the game to fix issues since patches became a thing for consoles that the last two were on. Now that I think about it, the only KoF games that have straight upgrades for tournament play to my knowledge are 98 and 2002, and that's only because they were so popular after release.

This. You bitches wonder why no one plays your dying fighting game, but you make no effort to do anything beyond shitpost about them.

They always lose to asians. Tournaments are dominated by Koreans, Japanese, and Chinese.

You mean a few hundred dollars?

Huh, what games regularly do local PuG tournaments?

Top 1% players are usually competent. You're forgetting that there is still a lot of stratification between discrete skill levels within the top 1%. Top 1% players still have a rather noticeable mistake rate. If you watch pro players, who are top 0.1% or so, they still make basic mistakes in their games, their rate is just much lower.

1% isn't really world-class. It's possible to hang around with pros and trade blows with them but in a competitive environment you'll just place really low or go out early. Or you could pilot Red Deck Wins and hope to get lucky while not even being that good.

>you could pilot Red Deck Wins and hope to get lucky while not even being that good.
Tried this, did not work, biggest waste of 50 dollars I have ever spent.

On that note, I think I gave up on Magic after realizing that most guys play with top decks at big events and still get last place either by bad luck or poor planning during the match anyway.

Still want to do another MTGO event one day, though.

Anyway, I was talking about greater than 90% but less than 99%. I consider top 1% to be "very competent" and their mistake rates are pretty low.

Just saying it's like gambling, so you wouldn't make money off of it in the long run. But because it's even more random than the usual deck it potentially allows a non-pro player to place in a fairly prestigious tournament. I'm sure it's possible to gather statistics on it, or possibly has already been done by MTG autists, but occurrence of no-name players showing up is probably correlated with the decks they're using.

I miss Duel Masters so much.

Op here. Now this thread is quite a reasonable discussion with good points. Is it bad to be a perfectionist? I think I'm autisticaly expecting 50 kills when I actually did improve but only ti about 25

Don't compare yourself to others. Look for personal growth first and foremost. My first month of playing SSFIVAE, I won 1 out of 30 matches. Now, I don't think I'll ever play Street Fighter like Infiltration or Gamerbee (most people won't), but I at least got third place in a local SFV tournament recently, so I'm happy I did something right.

I'm sure most of you will dismiss this as "cuck logic" or "settling for sloppy seconds," though.

You know you're right. I always looked at myself as all or nothing, and anything beneath my goal as a failure

How much of Magic would you say is actual decision making skill vs deckbuilding?
Better learn Japanese. They still make it over there. The triple faces cards in Magic actually were tried out in DM for a while for balancing.

okay look, the "git gud" meme is mostly used concerning Dark Souls in regards to its singleplayer. It's actually really easy to git gud in a Souls game because the AI is predictable and most bosses have patterns and weak spots that you can exploit. You can literally bash your head against it and figure out the boss cannot fucking handle you strafing to the left and smacking their ass, or every single one of their attacks can be avoided by walking backwards.

But you bring up multiplayer vidya which makes me think you're using it in a different context like fighting games. Competitive games are like that, if you play competitively you either get really good or make peace with the fact that you'll lose a lot and that's just the way competitive games are. Now you know why fighting games are niche. It takes a lot of practice and learning and if you're not feeling it then maybe it's just not for you and there's no shame in that.

The thing is with Souls games it's kinda valid thing because PvE in Souls games isn't that hard when you get down to it. It's punishing but like all singleplayer games there are predictable AI patterns and effective tactics.

Like I feel pretty confident in yelling at someone "LMAO GIT GUD I BET YOU NEVER EVEN BEAT GASCOIGNE" because when I first fought him I figured out he can't fucking handle the gravestones and so poked him to until he beasted then I just spammed molotovs. That wasn't fucking hard, it didn't even take skill. It took trying different things and figuring it out by myself, and it's that "no spoiler figure it out" attitude that's actually meant to be a positive thing that "git gud" should be used for.

Using the term for multiplayer competitive games holds less water since you're not challenging yourself against a predictable unchanging system, you're against unpredictable and constantly shifting human players. How "gud" you need to "git" entirely depends on everyone else and you might actually be really gud despite dying a lot because the other people are just as gud at you but in a competitive game someone has to lose and someone has to win.

Huh. For me, I sucked at Gascoigne (even when doing a new game when I had the skill level to take on bosses way harder than him) because I couldn't get used to the gravestones. Kept getting stuck on them and shit like that. Once I figured out you can run upstairs and fight him on even ground, I obliterated him.

Am I retarded if I'm unable to discern why I lost a match even when studying replays?

I'm the same. Unless I happened to miss something obvious, I won't really get what I did wrong when I'm looking at replays. Like, other people will tell me "If you look here, he did X so you should of done Y" and like... yeah, it's easy to say that after the fact but at the time it's not like I knew he was going to do X.

>it's easy to say that after the fact but at the time it's not like I knew he was going to do X.
Don't play multiplayer games if you can't make reads.

Figure out what he reacted to, then.

This is kinda what Ive been feeling the past couple weeks
>be overscrub and counterfag first months of having a pc
>get tired of dealing with shitters/being a shit
>been playing all those single player games I never beat as a kid on emulators and shit
Been playing horror games and shit man lifes good