Was this the death of first person shooters?

Was this the death of first person shooters?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YcECmtrrCsg
kbeezy52.tumblr.com/post/150762885753/kuroi-sakura-thehauntedumbrella-im-sobbing
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No, Halo and Call of Duty was the beggining of the end

Was this the death of non faggot OPs?

shut the fuck up

>was a game that tried to be unique in a sea of the same cod and battlefield clones every year with $150 dlc packs the death of the FPS?
Nah

>death
>completely removed unlock treadmill garbage
>completely removed dlc maps splitting up the community

No, it's a revival of FPS.

youtube.com/watch?v=YcECmtrrCsg

T. Underage homo watch players

No. Call of Duty and Halo was the beginning of the end, and Doom (2016) finished the genre

No that was when Tribes died. All hope of fun shooters died with it because it was too complex for the halo audience.

No? Do people actually believe this?

*tips respectfully towards you*

Shouldn't you be posting on the TF2 threads that everyone just absolutely shits in?

Do faggots actually believe overwatch is a good game?

>A waifu meme game
> a revival
> where you have the option to spend half your playtime as mercy, the most boring hero
Try harder with your bait user

Overwatch is the rebirth of FPS without DLC paywalls and grimdark cawadoody guns. No grindfest unlocking ladders.

I've played FPS since 2004 and was bored of the genre for a few years until Overwatch came out.

>tried to be unique
Have you ever played Team Fortress 2

>Overwatch
>Unique

> implying blizzard wasn't scamming

tf2 is better than overwatch

>the only DLC is for cosmetic skins

yes, what's your point?

Finally, someone with common sense in this thread. For that you win a lewd

Old TF2 yes.

And I don't mean Vanilla even 2 years ago it was good but current TF2 is shit.

Vanilla TF2 was better than Modern TF2 though.

troll

> frogposter

>frogposting

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

The skins are literally the only incentive to play, besides getting a high skill rating in "competitive". The odds of getting a summer ganes skin was so low, someone dropped $3,000 on loot boxes to get it

The death of FPS is shitty players.

> People attack the rein instead of the Mercy
> Retards copy everything the pros do (always have a Lucio, hanamura mei wall bridge, etc)
> More retards hanging near the choke waiting for someone to push
> Fucktards not shooting down Rein shield to force a push

The game is fine but fuck the community. 7 out of 10 times you're paired with fucking idiots thinking it's deathmatch.

I don't know why you posted this but I enjoyed it, thanks.

Stop fucking trolling me!

>d-do i fit in yet

Online players are shit in general. Those games are only good if you're playing with friends.

>The skins are literally the only incentive to play

Only if you're a retard.

TF2 has a golden pan that costs like 2,000 dollars and at one point a hat that costed close to 20,000.

So yeah only if you're a retard you spend insane amounts of dosh on cosmetic garbage.

High skill raiting is not the main incentive for everyone. Noobs and retards get in there just to get the gold weapons.

Only sort of related, since this Overwatch took MOBA ideas here and there but...

Why doesn't more SJWs praise Dota2? It's the only SJW-friendly MOBA out there.

Related, Overwatch is sexualized as all hell.

The problem is that comp is supposed to be for non shit players but that's where the majority are.

And the only reason they even get there is for the fucking gold weapon.

Otherwise these idiots wouldn't even play comp.

Or you could just play for the fun of playing the game.

Why are people so obsessed with having all their games be Skinner boxes?

>Related, Overwatch is sexualized as all hell.

Irrelevant as fuck. Go start a controversy thread somewhere else.

>wrong junkrat leg

>triggered frogposter

when le reddit tumblr shit poster like you get ban?

> implying overwatch is fun on its own

its true though I actually like Bungie Halo and the COD games up to WAW and agree still agree with it

Never once implied OW was even fun.

You're an idiot if you play ANY game for cosmetic garbage.

post more chub bastion

this pic is p cute

no more bastion spongegar
instead, enjoy

I'm just saying that Valve isn't getting the praise it deserves for being the only feminist-friendly game company in the business.

> he thinks I spent $40-60 on the worst Game of 2016

You're welcome.

This logic confuses me.
I have the option of playing as Mercy.. who YOU deem as "the most boring hero"
But if I choose to play her, which I don't have to, because it's an option, then I would only continue to do so because I don't think she's "the most boring hero". So it's not a problem.
Also.. if you have more than one hero, then there will be a most of everything. The fastest, the most humorous, the most racist, the most boring, the hairiest..
I just can't fathom what the fuck you're talking about.

>wants to ban me for criticizing overwatch
> doesn't realize that reddit worships this game
> diesnt realize tumblr worships this game
Way to give away your position, redditor tumblr fag.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I know people who regularly play as mercy. You have to wonder what enjoyment they get out of being forced to heal everyone

Yeah but... they get enjoyment out of it.
Just because you don't get it yourself, doesn't mean it has no value. That's... incredibly selfish and narcissistic thinking.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >:)

How would you know they enjoy it? She's literally the least action oriented character In The game

How do you know they don't?
A person can stop playing ANY CHARACTER and nearly any time. The only reason to keep playing the character is outside influence, like pressure from friends/teammates. But you can always choose other healers.. in terms of the meta, there is more effective healers to pick. Also... all of this assumes the stated opinion of "she is the most boring" is some sort of objective fact. Also, being "the least action oriented character" isn't some inherently negative value. Some times you turn on a game and you don't feel like being too active. A character that allows participation without requiring the highest level of action simply gives one a choice of how action they want to have while playing. Also again.. SOME character has to have less than the others, unless the entire roster is exactly the same.

i'm tired of all the threads about this shit game, so
no.
You try to debate with faggot only post waifu and blog match.
don't loose your time.

>being forced to heal
lol

I suppose you don't get why people like time management sort of games like Papers Please then either.

I Suppose That's true, but its still Unusual AS fuck

Whoever thought of a countering system and these map designs needs to be shot in the head

So then this all boils down to, "There are people out there who are different from me, and this angers and confuses me"
Sorry if I sound condescending, but I am.

I really don't understand that either. I'm not denying it I'm clueless why people will do that to themselves.
A girl once proposed a theory to me that mei is op because her ult is literally called "blizzard", the nene company itself

Yes, what's the similarity?

If that was true, then Blizzard in WoW would be OP.

That's not Quake 3.

kbeezy52.tumblr.com/post/150762885753/kuroi-sakura-thehauntedumbrella-im-sobbing

There's been about 5 "overwatch is dead" threads today alone, most starting with the same image.

Boy this sure doesn't sound fishy.

Not that it angers me, but it's odd and ripe for criticism.

I like both overwatch and tf2, I just tend to play overwatch more since it is newer and fresher.

> overwatch
> fresh

Does it get the ol neurons firing?

This, i would still say that TF2 is better, but i have been playing that to death and they pretty much fucked it, OW is kinda like TF3 i never had.

Also didn't help how they tried to make pathetic jab to OW with last update and fucked that up.

No, it was just the death of project titan.
Also the death of blizzards reputation, the little that it had left anywys. Microtransactions up the ass, make them luck based AND lets not bring any worthwhile content to the game...ever :^)

just like there are many devs who will copy the forumla because its great there are many devs who will stay far away from it because its trash.

fuck off

yeah if they pull that lootbox shit again with the Halloween event. over 100 fucking crates and i only have the americree skin to show for it. Fuck that.

>hey Cred Forums do you also think this popular game is bad?
wow how new

of course not, FPS are about to come back in a big way with quake champions

americree is fucking great though

I'm only paying for good shit that I have a fair chance at getting

>replay pending for like an hour now

VARUVO!!!!! i'm trying to make a webm here!! here you guys, have a slightly stale webm

Is that fun to play? Might check it out

This is not a hearthstone thread

Yatzy 2*

>be plat
>lose so hard because people can't comprehend "ignore the harass tracer, she just wants to get you off point"
>get demoted to gold after 4 consecutive losses
>pretty much HAVE to 6 stack to win back my points (despite only getting 1/4th of points i lose per win)
>get shit talked on match chat for "try harding"
Where did it all go so wrong?

>fun
depends on if you like sadism and masochism
Make 2 accounts though, "learning" and "Actual"

You cant get demoted though.

not group queuing.
Not playing as mei.

medal might not change, but you know you've entered a new tier

Mei is a meme that gets countered like, the second the team dies to her and responds accordingly

The main counter for her is reaper and I can kill him easily as mei ironically

It is more unique in the FPS world than TF2, that is for sure.

You sure showed them wrong with your shit opinion.

How is TF2 not original?

Because it is just TFC with shittier classes and a Pixar aesthetic.

At least Overwatch made their characters and setting somewhat unique.

I'll assume you're trolling, because literally the opposite of what you just said is what people always say.

How fucking underage are you?

Halo was the death of FPS.

People who don't play games maybe, so all of Cred Forums

blizzard is the reaper of genres.
first they killed the RTS
then the MMORPG
now the FPS
soon the CCG
fuck that company

EA killed the RTS.
Blizzard killed MMO.
Bungie killed FPS.
CCG's having a fanbase of autistic faggot nerds with high suicide rates never had a chance.

that's not Halo

Why would you pay for loot boxes in the first place?

Same

Nice thumbnail

So you guys pretty much only play against trash?

We're talking about Overwatch here. It's not hard to get gud enough to counter your counters.

This.

>people who like CoD and Halo hate overwatch

wow, overwatch confirmed for patrician vidya

Starcraft 1 and Warcraft 3 were pretty good RTS mate.

But Blizzard has gone full Apple now, they have so many drones they don't even need to try, people will buy their shit.

See diablo 3 and overmeme as examples.

>Giving a single shit about skins in a FIRST-PERSON game where you can't even see them