Name a flaw

Name a flaw

I can't play as Ravio

Too easy, too short, the wall painting gimmick sucks, it doesn't use its own world map, item renting means there's never any character progression, and all of the dungeons are around the same difficulty.

didn't it start out as a straight remake of lttp?

I actually think i would have preferred that.

>name a flaw
235x214

Extremely easy. I think the only time I died was during Yuga and that's just because I was exceedingly shitty at tennis.

>the wall painting gimmick sucks

I actually thought it was the best gimmick a 2D Zelda has done in ages. It was way better than Minish Cap's.

Flowed into the gameplay/puzzles well and it was pretty convenient.

Little to no sidequests

Each dungeon is literally 100% just one item, you use it(alongside with the wall-merging mechanic) to do ALL dungeons and kill ALL monsters

died twice during the fight with yuga. wasnt full health, and second time forgot the fairies.

the wall mechanic felt more like a power up than a gimmick, i enjoyed using it.

the game has extremely cryptic methods of getting the hylian shield. i didnt get it until the last 30 minutes and i had to look up a guide.

i did the harder dungeons first so the rest of the game was a breeze

item lending is a nice change but i wish you had to use more than one item per dungeon like the old zeldas.

there really wasnt any plot progression aside from 5 cutscenes

the plot twist was revealed way too early

i got the master sword in less than 2 hours

No challenge whatsoever.

no difficulty curve

non-linearity was a mistake`

>the game has extremely cryptic methods of getting the hylian shield

...hidden in a dungeon?

Red tunic is not in the game. Have to settle with blue.

Its in Lorule Castle.

>Zelda fans cry that Skyward Sword was too linear
>Non-linear Zelda game comes out
>Zelda fans cry that A Link Between Worlds wasn't linear enough

As a huge Zelda fan, there is absolutely no pleasing this fanbase. Who has the Miyamoto greentext picture saved.

Well shit, just checked google and you're right.

And yet it's still better than A Link to the Past.

My only complaint was it was too easy. I know, I know

>expecting challenge from a Zelda game

Go play LttP and tell me that isn't difficult at times. Play that game without potions or fairies and tell me it's easy. The bosses and especially some later dungeons could be brutal.

That was severely lacking in ALBW

I got bored half-way through and put it down.

Should I pick it back up again and finish it?

That's what i like the most about albw. There's a lot of content you can miss. I remember at launch a lot of people here didn't found the boots or even the pouch.

>doing the entire game without the pouch

that seems awful

yes but you need to kill those enemies in that big lava maze room in turtle rock.

I assumed the enemies were just there to be a nuisance since the room was so big and they were spread out.

it was bad enough i had to dodge shit jumping out of the lava, and having to freeze lava pillars and use that paint gimmick. i just wanted to get the fuck out of that room.

>beat the game without the lvl 3 upgrade
>beat the game without the blue or red tunic
>beat the game without the hylian shield
>beat the game without dying once
>beat the game without a bug net

Yes, the second half is much better than the first.

I mean, it gets nonlinear, but the stuff before Lorule is easily the worst part of the game.

The final dungeon is the best one in the game.

Agreed, can't satisfy all Zelda fans
"Bring back 2D!"
"Too linear/non-linear"
"Wind Waker is too cartoony, I want a grown up, edgy Zelda because I'm a big boy now!"
"VOICE ACTING"
"Why isn't Link a girl? C'mon it's totally for 'diversity' and not for my rule 34 fetish."
"It's too similar to the other Zelda games/too gimmicky, give us a real, traditional Zelda."

I meant rule 63

It actually took me until like the second to last dungeon before I figured out how to get the Pegasus Boots, everything else though was super easy.

I also constantly would get semi stuck in dungeon rooms until I suddenly remembered that I could stick myself into walls.

My first playthrough finished the game with every upgrade except three heart pieces, and I quickly found one of them when I started a hero mode playthrough.

Its 2D

>2.5D

It's 3D. The camera is in a top-down perspective

I gotta admit the game was too easy, it's pretty hard to die in the game. I think I died maybe a few times but that was it, for the most part you can 100% it without dying once if you know what you're doing.

Once you upgrade the master sword all the way everything dies pretty fast, and upgrading the sword wasn't even that tough. Finding the pieces are pretty easy for the most part, overall it was just a really casual Zelda game that really didn't offer any kind of challenge. I still had fun playing it though, I enjoyed it but if you wanted a challenge you probably won't find it in that game.

You know what i mean mr pseudo intellectual

>hard to die

You mean every zelda

>3DS
>lazy as fuck way of getting items

Correcting you = I'm now a pseudo-intellectual. What.