I think this game needs more attention

I think this game needs more attention.
It's by LakeFeperd, the same guy behind the Sonic Before/After the Sequel trilogy, and it looks and sounds absolutely amazing. Think Sonic meets Megaman meets Kirby.

Check it out:
youtube.com/watch?v=Y-W2zzV9TXc
youtube.com/watch?v=Hg7GKpRNDmY

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/sparktej
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

looks a bit too zoomed in for how fast it goes

>not-marx stars in not-sonic
honestly it looks pretty good but I have a hard time with that design, its straight out of the shit I used to pull as a kid, I had an obsession with the traitor jester and would throw the exact same hat on everything I drew.

I feel they could've done better than this, even if still taking inspiration from it. I still have a love for jester aesthetics so I've seen just how many different interpretations and variations can be made, even within cartoony and simplified style they're working with, like Sonic team did with NiGHTS

Then again the whole thing is still very derivative in nature
"Electric Jester" just makes me think of Sonichu

Game has its own soundcloud, by the way. Really awesome tracks:
soundcloud.com/sparktej

That isn't Marx/Sonic, it's Beam Kirby/Sonic.

Sonic Mania and Freedom Planet kind of killed it.

Backgrounds, music, art, and hammer gameplay all look really nice. However, it's too zoomed in and the sprites in general look rather mediocre. A game like this needs tighter, more fitting sprites. The main character looks too tall and his proportions seem off.

>Make a Sonic OC
>Forget to give it any features at all besides a hat and shoes

At least Ristar had 2 colors

Why is Marx yellow?

>It's by LakeFeperd, the same guy behind the Sonic Before/After the Sequel trilogy
So it's going to be shit then? Those titles are hot garbage and are only praised because they are some of the only few fan games to get 100% completed and it's better than what sega has been churning out.

this looks way too similar to sonic gba games.
the main character even looks like a sonic sprite edit and also runs with his arms behind his back.

looks ok
seems like freedom planet beat them to it though

Its more mirror than anything, besides its all the same really, Super Star introduced ability hats and Marx so we had three of nearly the same jester hat at once. What little identity Marx's hat gains by its different base it loses by sharing the same color scheme as mirror, and with the recent Mirror redesign its more unique to Marx than ever

I mainly meant because of the yellow skin and association beam has with electricity.

could be neat, I'm always down for a not-Sonic Sonic game

don't like the art that much, though -- it's kind of painfully flat and plastic looking
also, the MC looks retarded, I really don't like the design at all

>let's take all of these unoriginal things at put them together to make something original!

This comes off as trying way too hard.
The running fast looks exactly like Sonic level, design, not even trying your own thing complete with character's arms behind them as they run
Marx/Beam Kirby character.
The shading is 'off'-looking in places

The music is alright I guess.

It's obvious you came here to shill your product though.

Played the demo that you can download on the Kickstarter. Should be a day one buy for anyone who cares about these kinds of platformers. So much movement options with some of the powerups too. Wind Jester is best jester. If your on the fence about the game, at least try it out.

Both Freedom Planet and Spark are based of the same engine used in LakeFeperds previous games, Sonic Worlds, so there's that.

Not my product. I watched the trailers, thought the music was great, and found the link. Just wanted to save people some trouble.

>go straight to the boss music
>its merely alright
Dead on arrival

I want to like it, but that character design is just plain awful. Such a shame because I could see this being successful otherwise.

>Hey, check out this totally awesome game no one's heard of before! Here's some gameplay trailers! Oh, btw the game has a soundcloud too so check it out!

alrighty buddy

This, OP.
The game looks alright but this yellow faced faggot makes my eyes bleed.

Hey, game's good, soundtrack's good, and I want more people to know about it. So yes, I'm shilling, but only because I like how the game looks.

don't forget you backed hundreds of dollars on kikestarter and want to feel justified

Also can we talk about the fact that none of the titles on the videos or even the campaign capitalize past Spark? Every instance of the title is like this, in which case the creator is either that retarded or this is somehow deliberate, which is even stupider

>It's another "sonic inspired game that does jack shit to fix the flaws of the classic games" game
Lets hope this game doesn't actually make them worse like Freedom Planet did.

Of all the things to complain about, you go after the videos' titles?

I actually like Spark's design. It's derivative, as people have pointed out, but I find it cute. But, I did used to be a big Sonic AND Marx fag.

I'm not going to pretend it isn't nitpicky, game looks alright overall, but that's no way to present your game if you can't even get basic english conventions right, let alone on your big project

Its just sort of embarrassing really, title capitalization serves to highlight it as a title and not just words in the sentence, he's basically undermining the game's title in a sense. And again, this is on every instance of the title, from the soundtrack to the kickstarter description

Dude's from Brazil, and apparently he's still learning English. He had a good amount of spelling/grammar/punctuation issues in his previous games as well.

Pretty sure Portuguese is no different on title capitalization

Either way, its such a basic and minor thing that the fact that it even has to be brought up is kinda sad.

How's Fire compared to Wind? They seem to be nearly redundant in terms of function. Can't find out myself as I don't have the right OS for it.

This one doesn't have an anime furry drama plotline so it wins

>>It's another "sonic inspired game that does jack shit to fix the flaws of the classic games" game
Like what?

I'm down with the design, it's just that the way he runs is what I have issue with. The Naruto-esque run looks stupid, and going way too fast with how close it is. He should run more like Mario; slower, with his arms swinging around.

>Sonic Before/After the Sequel
That's why the game doesn't need more attention.

Bat powerup for bosses and Edgy/Wind for clearing the levels.