Cons:
-removed melee weapon variety
-attempted to replicate DMC1's story but missed the charm
-E&I op
-inafune antagonist

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=34JMNANd_8M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It was just really fucking boring to fight people. I actually liked running around the empty city with that chilling piano in the background

It makes DmC a masterpiece in comparison.

>inafune antagonist
9/10

>Was it really that bad

Yes. It really is the worst in the series. It totally misses the appeal of the original.

DmC is really a sequel to this, and it is way better.

>-attempted to replicate DMC1's story but missed the charm

What?

It's totally different. Instead of a nice baroque/rennaisance castle, it's in a modern city. And the plot is borderline incomprehensible. Something about some corporation and demons or something.

This is the meme right here I dont get. No way can someone's opinion right here be so awful

Did you even play 2 or DmC?

2 is horrible. Makes you think entire game "what were they thinking"
DmC is actually enjoyable if you forget it's supposed to be DMC game. Honestly one of better western hack'n'slash games.

Having played both DMC2 and DmC, I can say that DMC2 was dreadfully boring and a disappointing yet earnest attempt to grow the franchise, but DmC was an insultingly bad game that totally missed the point of the series.

Yes I've finished both several times

>Makes you think entire game "what were they thinking"
This was DmC from start to end, from making dante half angel all the way to color coded enemies. What the fuck even was that bob and mundus fight

What do you mean "was"? It is bad.

It's the only Devil May Cry game I liked. I've played 2, 3, Reboot, and 4. I found all of em boring but 2. I loved 2's atmosphere and it's soundtrack.

The enemies, the levels, the bosses. The actual things you fight in the game are awful.

I didn't understand why I thought the game was so boring when I was playing it. Seriously I just couldnt my finger on it. Glad I wasn't the only one who thought it was shit though.

>It was just really fucking boring

Replace 'boring' with 'easy', for those that never played it.

There are a lot of problem.
Level design sucks areas are to open and it makes actually dealing with enemies fucking boring.

Enemy design is lazy and boring since Dante's beat stick and nuke launchers are so powerful and their attack patterns are so slow.

No real weapon choice, even DMC1 had a pair of gauntlets with different moves and you could by more moves.

Overall slow gameplay pace and no real way to combo properly.

Story is dull and Dante is to melancholy, don't get me wrong Dante doesn't always have to be crazy to be him the anime's interpretation of his character shows that well but I mean 2 is just unbearable he has what 9-13 lines of dialogue?

I mean it gets props for adding the dodge role, DT customization and having the coolest DT in the games but its just a mess compared to the god of action games DMC3 and even compared to 1

Yes. It's terrible.

I really enjoyed it. I understand it's flaws / criticism, but i'm still surprised I can never find people who feel the same way.

The bosses got a little tedious, but I enjoyed the challenge. I thought the levels (for 2/3's of it, maybe) were great. Immersive setting, a lot of challenges, great combat animation. I really like it.

better than DmC, also introduced ideas and mechanics that got used in 3 and 4 which were good, didn't really take anything from the series, playable Trish was cool too.

Again better than DmC, inb4 tameemers

>DmC is actually enjoyable if you forget it's supposed to be DMC game

this is a meme, DmC is insulting even as a stand alone action title. Even Dante's Inferno is better.

If I didn't know better, I would say that it's some budget title indie action game on steam. It just lacks all polish.

Also remember you fight a fucking WALL at some point.

1 > 3SE > 4SE > 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tamtam shitfest

This was the moment I dropped the game for month or two.
Destroyed heli in front of building with DT, went inside and there was another.
As I was jumping to the top, one missile went through the floor hitting me and making me drop to the ground level into the fire.

Now TBF DMC2 was in development hell, I guess at some point it wasn't supposed to be a DMC game then Itsuno was put on the project and made it even remotely playable

DmC had a long time a proper team and was meant to be a spiritual successor and still was a broken boring shitty mess of a game and it had the best action game of all time to take pointers from DMC2 didnt.

DMC2 fan here, fuck I forgot about these bits. To be fair, it's only like this for a couple of chapters. Enemies are hard as shit when they're actually trying to fight back.

>Now TBF DMC2 was in development hell, I

No, it was just rushed.

Right after 1 was released, they started working on 2 but with a totally new team. Kamiya had no idea it was happening and was never consulted.

DMC2 was a near unsalvageable mess, Itsuno was practically handed over a pile of Uranium and had to make it not cancerous

Not rushed either, it was doomed to fail due to bad decisions. Original director fucked up.

You mean this wall?
The infested chopper is the worst. At least you can skip the first fight with it.
The hardest part about the combat is that you can't dodge out of an attack. Everything seems so sluggish because of it. The game also has terrible pacing. Mission 4 ends by fighting that serpent thing, then Mission 5 starts straight away with the fight against the wolves, then some goats, then the next room is the boss from Mission 3, then after that comes the infected tanks, and finally the infected chopper battle. But then Mission 6 is purely a boss fight against a wall.

>dodge out of an attack
learned to just high time, then mid-air jump out of things.
That wall vs the wall "boss" in DMC4, which is worse

OP's pros and cons are a little skewed. Here's the actual rundown.

>Pros
-Neat gun animations
-Four vastly different guns
-retains Gothic horror theme
-three playable characters
-Old Dante is pretty cool.
-barely any reused assets
-Diesal skins are pretty dope
-Majin Dante

I was gonna continue this but goddsmnjt I've been up for two days now.and all I'm.gonna say is I was gonna end the con's list on DEMON TANKS AND HELICOPTERS

>people keep ragging on the DEMON TANKS AND HELICOPTERS
guys
they appear in that one chapter and that one chapter alone. It's like saying Ninja Gaiden is shit because you fight two tanks and a helicopter in the millitary supply base chapter.
DMC2 is crap

You talking about the Saviour?
If so, then I'd have to go with the Saviour as the worse boss. While you don't do much but shoot at it and hit it a bit, it's overall more enjoyable than the mess of a boss that is the Saviour.

no
the literal wall (window) "boss"

Saviour is indeed terrible but DMC4 makes up for it by being one of the most mechanically satisfying games ive ever played.

I could never get a good stylish rank in 2.

Oh the one against the window. I gotcha.
I find the act of throwing the sword things at it over and over again to be tedious and not very fun. Personally Nefasturris from DMC2 trumps that boss too.

Most enemies didnt have enough health for you to and were to far apart for the style meter

is this the new meme for le uncle dante fags?

fuck off DMC3 is literally the best and nothing you post will ever change that

>Arius boss
>oh, I get to fight him? A humanoid rival boss perhaps?
>does nothing but sit in a corner, smoking fags while summoning monsters and occasionally shooting you
why Itsuno why.

who was responsible for fucking up so bad after DMC1, a solid first entry in the series?

Let's be honest here, that was the moment most likely most of people thought "Yup, it's definitely shit."

some unknown director within Capcom who fucked up so bad his name doesn't even appear in DMC2's credits

Well like it is the best overall package in the franchise though 4 i mechanically better its not a finished game

i enjoyed dogging everything and running on walls also that air combo with the kicks was pretty cool, i got pretty hyped when dmc3 had dodge then i tried it out it was boring ass dashing

kill yourself, uncle dante baby

Its just not very good

Difference between ninja gaiden and dmc2 is that NG didn't have the helicopter fly out of your camera range and attack you from off screen. Nor did it take three gorillion shots with your guns excluding devil trigger and hound you all throughout the level.

The infested tanks were piss easy too. You just had to get up close and whail on it with three dozen high times and stingers to get an S rank combo going and get a shitlosd of red orbs.

At least NG was actually difficult and required strategy.

At least Dante finally got to show some kind of character at the end.

Dantes outfit was pretty baller, though.

I wish it'd at least show up in another game. But that would require Capcopom to avruelly acknowledge it ever existed.

You're a king? Here's your crown
*shoots Arius headt*
wish he had something to say throughout the whole game
guess he was saving it for SMT

>wish he had something to say throughout the whole game
>guess he was saving it for SMT
True DMC2 Dante design wise is pretty cool, they should just acknowledge it but retcon his personality

literally Leon S. Kennedy

As just an action game DmC is just kinda average barring interesting level design ideas with shifting environments. Completely forgetting anything about the wider franchise, the writing, acting and story are so fucking atrocious it's offensive. Who thought any of it was acceptable quality? It's just so fucking bad. How can any of the writers of the game get away with making gutter trash like this?

wow, it's true. probably just some amateur that didn't really capture what made the first game good, it's understandable.

>interesting level design ideas with shifting environments
You mean shifting wallpaper. The actual level geometry rarely ever moves when the player's actually interacting with it. There's one set of moving platforms in the entire game, the rest is all "hit the blue thing with your blue whip" or "hit the red thing with your red whip," which might as well be QTEs.

At least it had real time rendered cutscenes...

I guess so. The little character he did show was pretty great.
And there is nothing wrong with that.

Oh absolutely, it wasn't anything new but it looked kinda pretty so I give the game props for that.

accountingnightmare's video on dmc2 is pretty spot on
youtube.com/watch?v=34JMNANd_8M

How the fuck did you enjoy playing this garbage? Can you honestly tell me the tank was fun to fight? The helicopter? The fucking underwater boss? These are the only ones that even stand out to me because everything else was so braindead I couldn't even bother paying attention

Well then you'd like 1 even more than 2

>giving him the (you)

Forgot some cons here:
>Slow and stiff
>Enemies do fuck all
>Second character is pointless
>No rhyme or reason for anything that goes on in the game
>Helicopter boss
>Tank bosses
>Worst camera angles in the entire series
>Dante has no personality whatsoever
>Boring enemies and levels
>Attacks feel weak
>They fucked up Stinger
>Stinger for crying out loud

It got a lot of shit and for good reason.
It's still pretty bad even now.

If they just tweaked some things for it in the HD collection it could be passable, but it's just the weakest DMC entry.

DmC is not DMC

What does he get out of telling people he has shit taste if he didn't actually have shit taste?

fuck off Dodger

>trismagia as lucia on dmd

I don't care what anybody says, at least DmC has spunk. (Squrriel semen pun not intended.) DmC is offensive and inferior to old games in a lot of ways, but at least it feels like it came out swinging. And I can respect it for that.

basically-
DmC: FUCK YOU
DMC2: Lets kill some demons again I guess..

Latter is much worse for a DMC game imo, hence DMC2 is the worst.