Now that the dust has settled

Now that the dust has settled.

What went right ?

I never had so much fun with a game in a while.
Chapter 2 is ass, but at least covers the MSX MG plot hole.

combat
buddies
development

Great stealth mechanics, optional weapon customization, mission replay value, more than one way to complete a mission.

Im playing it right now and I enjoy it a bunch!

Little concerned about the Micro management on motherbase. Dont wanna manually move right troop to right field.

Mother Base is completely pointless, don't even worry about it. At most just auto-sort once in awhile and remove all troublemakers.

Perfect stealth mechanics.

Good:
Tight controls, good gunplay, Franken guns, vehicles, buddies.

Bad:
Story, base PvP (neat concept poor execution), camo and stealth mechanics severely gimped in comparison to MGS3/4, open world filled with nothing, enemy patrols consisting of either 2 guards walking around or in a cargo truck.

TL;DR
Overall tighter gameplay with gimped stealth, and shitting on the MGS storyline.

The story was fine, they just crammed all the stuff that makes it seem less retarded and actually coherent in the tapes rather than in missions themselves. Also Chapter 2. Chapter 1 was perfectly fine, as was the twist at the end of it had been less obvious.

I don't understand people writing Venom off as being a shallow player avatar. Anybody who thinks the twist is Koja patting us on the back and going "YOU were big boss all along, great job champ!" is utterly tonedeaf. There's nothing celebratory about it. It's literally the tonal opposite of MGS2's ending, where you're told you have no free will to choose your own destiny and you are who you're told you are.

Just wait. MGSV will be appreciated for what it is eventually, once people stop focusing on what it wasn't.

>implying anyone cared about how BB was alive in MG2 before the monumental turd that is MGSV plot, came out of Kojima's ass.

Stop sucking the gook tiny dick for fucks sake, that's what inflated him as failed movie director wanabe, focusing to much on controversial shit and editing trailers than actual gameplay.

That being said, MGSV did have good gameplay mechanics, but the world blandness made it repetitive as fuck.

Chapter 2 was absolute shit mission wise. Chapter 3 never made the final cut.
MGSV was supposed to be BB's downfall into becoming the villain. But they instead we got "you are Venom Snake who is BB's doppelganger and he was the one in Zanzibar Land. While the real BB was actually hiding or preparing his shit in MG2 OR he was hiding all the way up to MGS4".

I don't think so. MGS2's redeeming factor is that it has interesting conversation to support Raiden and the twist. It comes with several bosses and lots of indoor infiltration. MGSV comes with emptiness, unfulfilling cutscenes with little conversation, and horrible execution of open world with almost no indoors and only 2 or 3 bosses.

>MGSV was supposed to be BB's downfall
How to spot a butthurt MGSV: Revenge of the Sith babby.

Stop posturing and just admit you're salty your prerelease fanfiction was wrong.

The plot supports the Venom twist from the starting line, lack of support isn't an issue. Your comments about design are entirely valid, but shit, there hasn't been a MGS yet that didn't have its share of glaring game design flaws.

MGS2 wasn't appreciated at first. It was a slow burn. I was around for it first time, and I'm seeing the signs now. People are already beginning to get a little more outspoken about its merits.

That's not to say it's flawless. It's far from it. Too many people treat it as black and white, though, like if it's not a perfect masterpiece, it must be utter irredeemable garbage. I only put more emphasis on the praise because the predominant stance is overwhelming negativity.

MGSVenom was a great game it's just sad that it means we'll never get MGS5.

I don't think there was ever going to be a Chapter 3 in all honesty, it was always meant to be that White Whale metaphor with disarmament being the chase. The issue is that Chapter 2 was cobbled together from shit that was mostly finished by the time Kojima got the sack.

It's not even prerelease fanfiction.
Timeline wise MGSV takes place 15 years before the Zanzibar Land Disturbance which took 2 years after Big Boss winning his Merc war. So now it's either for 13 years big boss was building his foxhound unit / merc army while Venom did his own thing or Venom did everything while big boss hid. It's fucking stupid and goes against BB's character in one way or another.

TL;DR
The Venom ruse was fucking dumb.

Gameplay. Each enemy area had 3+ different ways to infiltrate, and it was sooooo good

Foxhound was already established prior to Peace Walker. He spent the rest of that time building his mercenary nation state.

You think 15 years isn't a reasonable amount of time to build an autonomous, globally competitive nation? He slipped into the shadows to do serious work towards his established character motivation of building a place for soldiers to have eternal purpose while Venom did all the frilly reputation-building field work. It doesn't go against Big Boss' character at all; it establishes him as a villain far more in line with his MG2 incarnation than any amount of youngling murder could have.

For your own sake, just be honest with yourself and admit you just didn't like it.

The auto sort is enough
Also dont worry about getting invaded cause the community is so empty no one really invades anymore and even then, by the end of the game you find A++ and S tier soldiers out in the wild.

I never said I liked it. So who trained Solid Snake then?

Big Boss did. Are you trying to argue that Big Boss wouldn't have been able to run Foxhound and build his nation at the same time? Nobody had any issue with the notion before MGSV.

Nobody's saying you liked it. I'm saying you should just admit that your issues with the story stem from the fact that it wasn't what you wanted, rather than any inherent problems with the story itself.

Well, the patriots really. Remember Solid Snake is supposed to be insurance against BB if his evil plans ever came to fruition.

Now that the dust has settled, why can't retarded faggots who make "now that the dust has settled" threads just die of cancer already?

Looked nice I guess.
Not a whole lot apart from that, a mediocre game in an amazing series.

lead by example, settled dust poster

>The story was fine
>it's just that the story was hidden in a bunch of bullshit audio dramas no sane man bothered to subject himself to

>hidden
>a couple of menu options away at any given time
Nothing is hidden just because you closed your eyes, user.

You know what I meant anyways, the story was not only bad, but it was optional. Really helped the feeling that it was le tacticool sneaking simulator instead of you know, Metal Gear.

Amazing game mechanics.

Honestly, is there even a game that comes close to the fluidity of the movement and how reasonably and relatively intelligent the AI acts in comparison to other games? Even the gunplay is quite good for a third-person/first-person shooter.

I know it's not F.E.A.R. levels of good AI, but the way that they react to certain occasions is pretty stellar.

Everything was going right until it stopped.

felt like a metal gear game to me m8

metal gear's defining metric has always been thematic, and V had that in abundance
the only difference with the story here is that it let you absorb it at your own pace rather than putting you through the ludovico technique

I thought Miller trained Solid Snake and Ocelot trained Liquid Snake?

We even know that Miller is a Patriot and Ocelot is absolutely loyal to Big Boss, so it would make sense that Snake vs. Liquid would be a sort of "proxy war" between the two. Ocelot didn't even like Miller at all and he makes that very clear on numerous occasions.

Everything. There's not a damn thing about Phantom Pain that I didn't like, outside of having to replay some missions on hard or whatever to get the good ending.

Other than that, I fucking love it.

Those inclined to hate will invariably hate.

You even liked that mess of a "multiplayer feature" they called FOBs before the actual multiplayer was released? Seriously?

That was a shitfest of bad design choices that they were struggling to balance since Day 1.

Fox Engine is beautiful and it can even work on PS3 and Xbox 360. A pity Konami will never use it in a big project or rent licenses.

Nothing went right.

OOFT
O
F
T

It's arguably better than F.E.A.R. AI from a technical standpoint; F.E.A.R. maps were small and built for flanking, with the AI setup to move towards you while making use of the copious cover. It gave off a very good illusion of intelligence.

MGSV AI didn't have such a supportive environment for such action, it had to be a bit more complex.

>good ending
There is no good ending, user.

I'm not dropping hot memes, I'm serious, the ending is depressing as shit for all parties involved. Even the as of yet unaccomplished Disarmament ending simply sets the state of play that enables Big Boss to kick off the events of MG1 and MG2.

I had a lot of fun with the FOB's, which is weird, because I typically avoid multiplayer like a dick-killing plague. Aa

I guess that is true. I suppose the only issue with MGSV's AI is that their actions were not executed fast enough so they became very predictable.

Imagine if they sped up all of their actions by 200% or something. Throwing grenades would no longer be them exposing themselves for multiple seconds, it would be a quick action that you had to pay attention to.

You're right, my bad. I meant "full ending".

You're right though. I haven't seen an ending that depressing since Shadow Hearts 2.

>We even know that Miller is a Patriot
what

when did this happen. what game. am i retarded

Totally agree with this. I aced that game and it's all because the AI are slow as shit. It is a cake walk to setup a distraction then flank them while they shit their pants in cover.

> tfw MGSV is probably the best open conflict lone gunman tactics simulator

IIRC, it was during a call revealed post-credits in MGSV? Go ask around on OuterHeaven on Twitch, they know this shit better than I do, but I'm like 99.99% sure that Miller is revealed to be a Patriot.

You're the one who is wrong.

He's a Patriot agent in PW, and after Big Boss fucks him over in TPP, he aligns himself with the opposing force.

Shit, I guess I've been told. Top argument, how can I possibly recover?

>Gameplay
>Controls
>Buddies
>Base development
>Graphics
>Sound
I've played every metal gear game and I firmly believe that phantom pain had the best overall gameplay. Unfortunately it had an incomplete and lacking story. Overall I'd still give this game a 9/10 purely based on how much fun I had with it.

It still makes me really sad that it was unfinished though.

You won't because you're a loser.

Okay, ladies. Relax, both of you.

You both have nice purses. No need to fight.

(You)

So we all agree that a MG1 and 2 remake using the FOX engine is much needed, right?

Why are you responding to my comment ? I'm not arguing with anyone. Just giving my opinion.

Exactly. People who don't understand MGSV was a spin off make me sad.

It is the gun/stealth counter part to rising.

Keep dreaming.

It wasn't intended as a spin off and you know it. People like you are in denial.