Why aren't you maining her?

Why aren't you maining her?

because i already main the petit myrtille

Because I don't play this shit game

Because hitscan too stronk. Zenyatta and McCree make sure she can't get above the ground

Countered by McCree and Ana.

She's a flying target with no cover.

because no one supports me.

ever look at someones profile when they choose a character thats bad for the map?
had this guy pick widow when he had 4 minutes of playtime with her. great going guy, I'm sure you'll really help the team.

I feel like you can add more to that list.
Soldier, Mei, Zen, Monkey

Because she's only useful to hard counter Reinhardt and that's only a good idea when the Reinhardt is really damn good, or in Illios.

Because I uninstalled this trash.

>getting countered by Mei or Zen

Off yourself.

Because I'm maining him.

i didn't say myself.
But when i play those characters and there's an enemy pharah, she's easy to take down with them

>hitscan
>Zenyatta
Either way you are right. McCree and Soldier will kill her instanly when she pops up.

Because I stopped playing this boring ass game.
Pharah is still my Overfu though, her and her mom.

Fuck off battleborn fag

I used to, but she became increasingly weaker as other characters began getting stronger. She's almost completely useless now.

>Default desktop
>Mozilla in place of chrome
You have to be over 13 years old to post on this site

>buying it in the first place
kek. you already gave them money

Because i fell in love with her mom

shut up edgy kid, you're only talking about yourself

It's petitE for feminine.
I hate french.

>Overwatch
>Maining anyone besides a healer

uninistall immediately

> overcucks calling people kids

I don't play shit games.

zen isn't hitscan, but discord orb + teammates that ARE hitscan make for a short living Pharah

>Stillborn

I hope all five of you are having a good time.

>maining
>instead of competently playing all characters, countering the enemy team composition as needed

>Shorten the cooldown on her rocket boost to a few seconds and decrease her hover time significantly
>Add a little bit more damage to rockets, decrease splash damage, increase pushback
>Pharah is now more mobile, just wont stay airborne as much without rocket jumping or waiting on boost
>Can avoid hitscan shitters with enough skill
>No more Mercy/Pharah hovering over points for the whole match
>Pharah now requires stricter aim on rockets to kill, but can use the stronger pushback to scatter team members, and control herself in the air
>Skilled Pharahs are fucking monsters, decent pharahs are good at pushing away single characters
>Quake mode achieved

Oh wait, we cant have that, need to press Q to win.

>Dat perky, muscular ass

The 'rather than main you should play everyone well' thing is a stupid false equivalence. You need to know the ins and outs of each character, sure, but no more than about two hours worth of play per character. It's better to focus on three or four heroes (generally one per class) and get really good with them, than be just competent with everyone and have nothing to really bring to the table. Jack of all trades, etc.

Pharah shits on Meis.

If a Pharah is getting shat on by a Mei either at close range or by icicles, the Pharah is 100% trash.

But I do, as drogoz in paladins.

I'm about to boot up some Paladins, who is in?

Zaryas, Reapers, Streetpigs and Junkrats too.

It's almost as if she's a situational character!

Because trying to use Pharah's gimmick will get you killed. I still can't believe how one single character can have so many counters.

Because I usually play McCree and he's so popular in the meta it basically deletes her from the game.

Who counters a good genji?

Because
>JUST-AUGHHHH

Because she isn't viable outside the sub-3000 trashcan.

A good mei, rein, or junkrat. Stop him from moving or block his shit

too busy killing half your team without even seeing them

Nothing.

Winston is the closest thing to a counter Genji has, but his damage is so bum-fucking retarded it may as well be an even match.

Nothing

>Confusing based Paladins with inferior Stillborn

>Blizzard lists Genji unironically as a 3 star character when Deflect exists

>Zarya
Free charge always and usually in laser range

>Roadhog
Fly-fishing is best fishing

>1v1 a Genji as Winston
>He gets low on health
>Deflects

Winston, Zarya and arguably Mei. A good Zenyatta can also constantly cockblock Genji from coming near your team with orb of discord.

Winston since he does not have to aim and he will almost always be able to kill Genji before Genji kils him. Or if you can aim well with McCree you can get around him deflecting your flashbang by throwing at his feet.

To be fair, you never know if a teammate is going to shoot into the Genji and get you killed in that half second.

Who am I kidding, it's no different from you shitting and creaming yourself while you die.

>Deflect against Zarya incase she M2's
>Starts foaming at the mouth in all chat about how stupid I am

I honestly hate Blizzard's balancing for this game. Obviously it's completely balanced with e-sports in mind, meaning certain characters will always be strong and be relevant like pets while others will eternally sit a sub 5% usage rates for eternity.

Symmetra's so useless she's getting a rework in November though.

I did that, Bastion was camping up top somewhere shot into my deflect realized that he wasn't dying and still kept going then his teammate Winston died also do it for Zarya incase she hit me with ult or spike balls and Mei ice shards/ult in team battles

And what about Bastion, Soldier 76, Pharah, Junkrat, and Widowmaker?

76,Pharah and Junk are a little under average but not useless. Widow can stay dead, I still hate when she was in every game. Fucking snipers don't belong in this game.

Bastion I don't know.

>Bastion
nice mmr

>implying shit like attack Torbs and Bastions still don't show up past 4k

She's just so situational is the problem. I feel like she actually has a pretty good character design it just does not work in this game. A rework is definitely justified in her case though.

They seem to be so inconsistent with this honestly. Characters like Bastion and Torb have seen no nerf/buffs (on PC for torb) despite being the lowest pick rates in the game. Those characters due to their playstyle will never be relevant in top level play but then you have characters like McCree who has been nerfed and buffed more than any character because of his dominance in competitive.

Pharah is still underwhelming because most of her counters are the top picks. And McCree literally invalidates Soldier 76 in every way save extremely extremely niche situations.

but how will they ever get game time with them if they never pick them because they have no game time?

Blizzards favoritism towards McCree and Genji is really fucking tiresome.

I don't disagree with you at all, but even so they don't reach the uselessness of Symmetra

to be fair, the difference between 76 and McCree is small enough at anything below top tier play that you can pick either and make it work.

The bigger problem is that they nerfed 76's burst fire twice in a row

McCree is such a problem with this shit, Pharah is irrelevant because he shits on her so hard and Soldier is not used because McCree is just better.

Widow is getting a small buff to her scope times next patch but she can stay gone for all I care, Junkrats ult is also going to deploy faster but prob won't change much.

I don't even know what they can do with bastion to make him relevant in competitive but not insanely overpowered in quick play (shitters already think he's OP).

The easiest thing they could do for Bastion is speed up the transition between his modes. If he was actually able to setup and start firing while under fire he might be useful

Why is Genji allowed to block Rein's hammer? So fucking retarded

And Mei, I don't care if Blizzard want their own Pyro

Because the lead writer of Overwatch probably uses Genji as a self insert since he's a nip himself.

This would probably be a good idea, I rarely play bastion but anytime I do I always play him very mobile. Either moving immediately after getting a kill or two or trying to drop in behind the enemy team if the map allows for it.

Mei is one of the lowest picked characters though, she did move up a little bit after her ult buff but she is still underpowered. Don't tell me you think Mei is OP?

Mei is shit against players who can headshot and super good against players who can't (or direct hit)

>Dude lmao lets nerf Soldier's spread so he can barely hit anything mid range because of a overblown macro issue-Blizzard

I don't like the concept of a character that can straight up freeze people in a game like this, her not being used is how it should be

Would this game be better without ultimates?

She's not picked often, but she has found a new niche, even in tournament play. And unfortunately, that niche is "stalling on the final point for multiple minutes because ice wall and cryofreeze mean the enemy literally can't kill you"

It's cancerous as fuck.

>meanwhile lets give Genji a macro from day 1

Winston if the player has half a brain and doesnt jump into a group of enemies and get slaughtered. Genji cant do any harassing if optimus primal is around, he can only run and hope his team can take him out.

McCree's problem is that he is like one of a handful characters where there are zero gimmicks to his damage.

Point and click.

And this makes him a superior pick to virtually almost every other hero in a competitive setting because point-n-click is the only thing that matters. No "oh spray fan the hammer and pray for 80+ damage on a target" bullshit. Click click click.

And this fucks up the viability of almost all the other picks that rely on gimmicks or subpar enemy human play to be successful. This is partly why Widowmaker was such bullshit too. On top being extra mobile and having enough meat to survive casual harassment, her point and click play came with the ability to just outright delete people.

McCree and Widowmaker are fun picks but they absolutely do no belong in a MOBA game where over 75% of the picks are about gimmicks to spray damage instead of just outright shooting people. People blame shit like flashbang and fan on McCree but those are only secondary to hit point and click nature which players have demonstrated even after McCree had his shit nerfed repeatedly.

Pharah on the other hand just suffers from crappy design. Blizzard devs are butthurt babies who cry about how the Direct Hit is OP in TF2 and purposely designed a bad Soldier clone that can't rocket jump because they thought that was "good enough" but it turns out when you make a projectile character whose gimmick is hovering in the same spot in the air, she gets shat on by anyone that can aim.
>hurr pharah can rocket jump :^)
No she can't. Primary fire rockets give shit bounce and the hover jets being stuck on the same button jump is mapped to doesn't help, and you can't use the concussive blast because you need to aim 180 degrees away from the direction you want to go and then 180 degrees back so you aim at the enemy and the hover jets instantly slow you down for tapping that jump button out of habit. Can't do 90-degree snaps like in Quake cuz engine differences.

I always hated her.

>somehow 250 health while having 2 skills that can help her not dying
>1 skill even heals her while being invulnerable
>1 skill is always ready to be cast
>her ult can be activated immediately by aiming on the ground giving no chance to escape
>deadly in close combat and ranged combat
>freeze starts way too fast

Because I stopped playing because it's not a very good game.

this week's brawl basically condenses everything awful about Mei. If everyone is kind enough to not pick her, it's a blast. If someone decides to go Mei, it turns into a painful slog.

Probably why I don't really mind playing against her, I play McCree the most and I can easily outrange her shes never been a problem for me. Her hitbox is also a pretty good size and her going iceblock is pretty much a free kill.

Because I can't aim for shit, so the only offensive character I play is Tracer.

>this week's brawl
>complaining about Mei
>not Zarya

No, would be slow as shit considering how long it would take to kill and characters would be too crippled to play some would still work the same like Tracer, Reaper, McCree, Widow, Zarya etc

Zarya's bad too, yeah. Mei seems more common, though.

Ana's also pretty bad, but only if she catches you alone

Just started trying out competitive and I've lost my first 6 placement matches. Should I even bother with competitive if I'm solo queue?

no

>all these genji players defending it as if there is some reason behind why they do it
>implying they are not just shitting their pants and button mashing

Always makes me laugh when I see a Genji panic deflect

people play Zarya so they don't have to deal with Mei's area denial ult bullshit and get to bubble teammates out of it however her self heal is slow so she will die eventually if focused unless there's a healer

Nothing's worse than Tracer though. You straight up can't kill her unless you're capable of dealing 250 damage all at once. Her blink never runs out, and if you don't do enough damage she'll just recall and be ready to do that again in three seconds.

This week's brawl just wasn't particularly well thought out.

What role are you usually playing? I made it to Diamond solely through competitve. Get good at offense characters especially McCree and avoid playing supports solo queue.

This. Its fucking dumb. That being said, its so satisfying hearing Genji pop his ultimate, and then shpuoder charging his ass into a wall.

>I made it to Diamond solely through competitve
Meant to say solely through solo queue

Yes.

(a) Quick-play uses the same stupid MMR system except hidden so your opponent and teammate quality will be the same
(b) You get non-zero comp points for the times you do win
(c) Slightly longer matches means more exp a game, especially when you're the "sit down for only one quickie" type
(d) You don't give a shit about your rank, and you keep your highest sub-Master rank for the whole season
(e) You can always just turn off voice chat to ignore everyone so it's not like a person sperging in chat matters

There's honestly no reason to bother with Quick-Play anymore unless you hate the 1-hero cap or are one of those I HAVE NOTHING TO PROVE AND I HATE SKINS SO MUCH people who really have zero reason to play Overwatch when they're probably not having fun.

I mained Pharah for the first 50~ hours I played this game. Then she was essentially nerfed thanks to the buffs of others so I dabbled with other heroes and now I pretty much exclusively main Mei.

>can reflect melee
>can reflect rockets
>can reflect sound
>can reflect sym orbs

The fucking sense of these attacks is that they are slow ergo hard to hit, why should you be punished for hitting him with hard to hit attacks?
Why are some mechanics so damn stupid in this game?

There is, I bet you are one of those people who think someone is mad when they switch to Reaper when the enemy has more than one tank

I know you just need to "git gud" to be good with Genji, but I seriously don't know how people play him. I mean, I just started but even so I find him pretty tough to play. Like, he is fun and all but trying to aim accurately with his shurikens is tough for me.

Guess I just suck at aiming, you have to really be good at aiming to hit people with his shurikens. I see a lot of people claim Genji is a God in this game, but I figured not a lot of people are good with him.

>Muh chrome
Why would you use chrome or firefox exclusively?

people who use the word cuck, nice work outing yourself kid

unless you're a web dev there's probably not a reason to switch between the two. By the same token, they're both similar enough that there's not much point in favoring one over the other.

so just pick one and stick with it.

user. If I am playing Zarya, and its me and a Genji, of whom I am melting, usually without fail he will hit deflect. Dont tell me there is some plan behind that shit. Literally its a panic reaction.

Maybe practice with Zenyatta first to get used to projectile aiming?

You missed the joke

I have the most hours on Reinhardt and enjoy using him. Used him in my first four comp games and these games always end close but we lose. Switched to 76 who is my most competent Attacker, did well, we still lost. I just my seventh placement playing Lucio though.

tldr, I like to play tank but it usually never works out. Might stick to support.

>play on console
>usually as a tank such as Reinhardt
>apparently no one can aim so Pharah just hovers above nuking everyone

Its fucking suffering.

Right-click.

Don't bother with the left-click because it's slower and only useful against turrets.

If your talking about 1v1 I guess unless he distances himself and you shoot spike balls

>freeze starts way too fast
I think the actual problem with her freeze is the lingering effect it have, even if you were hit by a puff of it. Here's a situation that I have been experiencing way more than I would like.

>Playing as Lucio
>Notice the damage notifier behind me and the freeze effect
>Turn around and see the fat fuck spraying at me from a ledge behind me
>She dropped down
>Fuck that noise
>Bop her away and speed boost to escape
>Some how speed boost does not cancel or even nulls her slow effect
>Her ice spray have enough range reach me even after being bopped away
>Lardass McChink waddles towards me once again while KNOWING that my fate have been sealed the moment that puff of ice hit me

Usually this is the point when I switch over to S76 to shred that yellow disease from a distance. But it's just when you are Lucio, and that kind of shit happens, it is just infuriating as fuck. I could understand it if it was any other character without escape mechanisms. I mean Lucio doesn't have a dash but you think a character equipped with speed and gap making skills would do ok against her kit but no. All she need is just her M1 to fuck you over if you are Lucio.

I feel like his right click attack is really under-powered, left click seems stronger but I guess it's easier to hit people with the right click attack.

Just seems like he does no damage with it.

Left-click is three 28 damage shurikens thrown one by one in a straight line.

Right-click is all three 28 damage shurikens thrown at once.

If you're close enough, you can just dump 84 damage a shot into people very rapidly. At the same range, the left-click is very little damage, and at range against a moving target you will never hit more than one left click shuriken anyway.

One of Genji's design problems.

Just aim properly and spam right-clicks, and try to headshot. The shurikens can still headshot for double damage. One good right-click into somebody's face is 168 damage. Then you just slash through them with a dash for a free kill and refresh.

>can actually aim
>play McCree or Hanzo
>get easy headshots against Pharah
>people think I aimbot and almost report me

Exactly this same thing.

I don't think you should slow down during the attack. It creates a feedback loop - you either kill her or she freezes you and gets an easy headshot.

Genjifag here.

Blocking melee attacks with reflect is fucking stupid and should be removed.

>under-powered

Nigga what the fuck have you been smoking? You are suppose to use that shit close range. You essentially have a mini shotgun at your disposal.

Been playing as Tracer alot more here lately and she absolutely shits all over Mei.

Outside of Winston and McCree who counters Tracer?

If I recall it deflects the attack but does not deal damage to the attacker.

I main her. My only problem I have with her is that compared to most other heroes she isn't as well polished.

>Can't cancel ult
>Can kill yourself with ult
>Can and will kill yourself with her primary
>She needs a way to quickly get back to the ground. Maybe a ground slam attack or something?
>Her side-to-side movement in air is kinda slow too

Then in that case WHEN should the slow and the freeze kick in at all?

I just think that range on her M1 should be decreased a bit. The fact that one of the strongest CC in the game having a range of a small room is kinda dildos.

Because I sold this garbage

>Tfw random user(s) starts defending your shitposting

It doesn't, but it still needs to be removed.

I think the time of freezing is okay. I just plain wouldn't have any slowdown at all. Maybe take another look at its range after that. I feel, as that other post said, that the spray is exacerbated by the fact that if you're hit with even the absolute tip of it you're now slow enough that you're going to be hit with the rest of the spray even more with no recourse. Characters who should rightfully escape like Lucio are fucked if they're even slightly grazed by the spray.

decrease the rate at which slow is applied, would give you more time to counter her by killing. Would also make mei a bit harder to play, which would deter a lot of shitters.

>Lucio

>Can negate her damage for everyone with the regen aura and its amped up version
>One of the few that have enough mobility to get up in her face and fight her
>If quick enough you can actually counter her ult with yours
One of the better counters to her shit IMO. Unless she is hell bent on taking you out, but even then she's really gonna have to try to kill you. The real beauty of this is that just by existing as Lucio you have pretty much denied half her purpose.

>Zenyatta

For Zen it's simple. Just having the Orb of Discord on her is enough to fuck with her.

>Allows teammates to track her
>Can personally kill her fast if you ain't shit with Zen's M1
>If she wants to get rid of the Orb she will either have to hide again or use her Recall

She's already one of the squishiest characters in the game and having the Orb on her means almost anything can erase her with a sneeze now. The Orb's tracking is the real gold here because the main reason she works is just no one knows where shes going to be. However the problem with Zen though is if you can't kill her fast enough, she will do so on you. And your ult does not counters hers at all unless it's a tank she placed the bomb on.

The joke's that he's basically and boring and unlivable version of Oscar Mike. I understand why you don't get it though

Or in my scenario.

>Gets slowed down as the freeze kicks in
>Finally gets frozen as you are facing the direction you were trying your damnest to run to
>Take a good look at where I could have been as I let go of all controls awaiting the kill cam while I listen for the sweet release of the second Ice shard charging up

It's like a firing squad execution really.

>Still talking about the tf2 clone
Cmon man

A mccree with a 165hz monitor

On the other hand, mccree still requires 50+ weapon accuracy to be doing anything useful. Characters like Junkrat, Pharah, and reaper are straight up easier to play, it makes perfect sense to keep the skillful characters high damage. A Mccree that can land two shots on a blinking Tracer has more than earned that kill.

Not to mention his lack of utility means you always have to have the better positioning.

And the rest of the team is going to have to fill out with higher utility characters anyways. Much better meta than "everyone picks the lowest skill characters.

You just have to play the game better to be good with him, if he's playing the game right he deserves to be better.

Because nobody picks even a single healer.
>Eichenwalde
>attack
>one tank
>no healer
>too many snipers
>final destination

Because I main ultimate stronk hero Zarya.

Cuz I like being junk rat more.

I play her wife instead.

Because maining something in overwatch is retarded

Wow dats gay.