Going to start this game up for the first time, anything I should know/do?

Going to start this game up for the first time, anything I should know/do?
Should I play with the Basic Unofficial Patch, or go for the Plus version for the extra content? Was thinking of sticking with Basic so I'm mostly dealing with what the game originally was, but I'm open to expanding my experience.

Basic patch. You can play plus later and judge it for yourself.
Don't play Nosferatu or Malkavian your first time since one vastly changes the gameplay and the other is potentially confusing/4th wall breaking.
Don't read spoilers like this

Also make sure to invest in a combat skill at some point. I made the mistake of thinking I could talk my way through everything. While its true for a good portion of the game, there are points in which you will need to fight.

Stick with the basic, don't pick Malkavian for your first playthrough, stealth is the best way to go and that's it.Also you'll hear this a few times in the game but I'll say it here too don't open it.

First game just do basic that fixes glitches, bugs, and does over-all polish. Your next playthrough can be done with a plus patch. Do not play Malkavian until you're relatively familiar with the flow of the game and the story/dialogue.

What about Histories? They're apparently a thing, were they dummied out content? Would they be too much for a first time playthrough?

Yeah its cut content. I wouldn't worry about it first playthrough. If you've ever played a D&D game, they are basically just the "class kits" you can optionally use. Nothing you're really going to miss out on. Just minor bonuses and penalties.

It's a bomb

I will object to these people, just use the plus patch. Not using it just makes the game shittier.

DON'T READ THE SPOILERS PLEASE user

Wait, which patch do I download?

There's like 4, and a beta?

Unofficial fan patch by Wesp5

Get patch 9. and whatever the highest number there is.

There are some mods which are ok, Final Nights, Companion, Offkorn's PnP mod, but don't use those yet

Did anyone else get very disappointed by the "twist" at the end?

Don't ruin it for user mate

I know I was not. I opened it

Useless

Not really. It wasn't amazing or anything, but Cred Forums helped hype up the mystery which made it that much better.

Played through the game once as Gangrel but can't remember shit so Malk playthrough is out.

Should I play as Nos or something else this time?

have fun its one of the best games ever.

I thought the ending was great, it really emphasised that you are just a small part of the World of Darkness, and you've always been used by the other characters, right up until the end

Don't bother, it's outdated unplayable shit. Biggest meme on Cred Forums is that this garbage is any good.

I just had LaCroix throw me out of his office after the Dr. Grout quest. Is that a permanent screw up? I can't figure out where to go now.

I'm only going to play it once. I'm not going to play it again. Still go basic?

ya dun ghuft

Pretty sure that quest goes 'south' for LaCroix regardless.

I'd say wesps plus patch

Kek, no mate. _You'll play it a few times for sure.