Never played BF2142

>Never played BF2142
>Got into it with Revive
>Reading the briefing intros
>intrigued by the setting and look it up
>It's fucking horrifically grim
>Most of humanity is doomed to extinction
>Both sides have entirely justifiable reasons to be trying to genocide the other out of existence
>Whoever loses is doomed to have their entire half of the human race go extinct.
>Even the victors are doomed to a earth that's a shadow of its former self
>The main menu theme has a darker second half under all the glory
>Meanwhile in BF3 there's like some nuke or something and terrorists are bad-guys. FUCK IT PRETEND WAR

Did BF use to have interesting settings or was 2142 a fluke?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cC2bsG4vVG4
halopedia.org/Insurrection
youtube.com/watch?v=a_O112K3bcM&index=1&list=PLD-atEfSGUrgKzXDxfPXiwyKiNobgg8wf
battlelog.co/post.php?id=18424
youtube.com/watch?v=S0aXAm0jqd0
youtu.be/uIlipiCGwcs
drive.google.com/file/d/0ByT8voltDla9M1hDLURSVGQyUGM/view
drive.google.com/file/d/0ByT8voltDla9ajhqNzB3QVhWODg/view
youtu.be/625_eECEw4A
home.bluedrake42.com/battlefield-1942/
steamcharts.com/app/367270
youtube.com/watch?v=F1f1kQQZDxM
youtube.com/watch?v=dOeHdBYvV8M
bl2142.co/
youtube.com/watch?v=JyG56llMYuE
youtube.com/watch?v=4tIVEPaMnY8
youtube.com/watch?v=zYqYh979Oe8
youtube.com/watch?v=pws5TPcxJiY
youtube.com/watch?v=kzTzH6kpqZI
youtube.com/watch?v=lnlA2rCHJHY
youtu.be/J6m0_2-OuJU?t=1m
youtube.com/watch?v=Tb8PQXPOkCc
youtube.com/watch?v=uE6h8HGkd8g
battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/Camp_Gibraltar
youtube.com/watch?v=V-DnK-d_sp0
youtube.com/watch?v=BTi8TaKV4QY
youtube.com/watch?v=LMdB5hhFmdY
youtube.com/watch?v=X9ChkYgrBtQ
youtube.com/watch?v=0xXhk-jKXTw
youtube.com/watch?v=TqGjnljiq7s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Battlefield 2142 was a straight up masterpiece, in design, atmosphere and setting. I still to this day cannot comprehend how the same company went on to make Battlefield 3 and 4.

Same company but different people working with it. The dice on the 1942 till 2142 is not the same fags as the BC1 till bf4.

Also its EA, what do you expect ?

Well that's most vidya companies in general right?

Some people go, of course X can't do wrong because they made A, but in most cases only like two people that worked on A are now working on B.

Righto

Reading the mission briefings
That fucking music
THAT fucking music

2142 had an interesting setting but the gameplay was poor. Infinite grenade spam ruined Titan mode and the gun unlock system wasn't balanced. EA also had a fucking retarded advertisement system shoved into the game.

>infinite grenade spam
Pretty sure that didn't even exist considering grenades took forever to resupply.

Battlefield 2's grenade spam was infinitely worse. That, and in-game ads were already present in BF2. Didn't really mind it since the only thing they were advertising was the Northern Strike expansion.

The franchise got really messed up after 2142. I didn't mind the Bad Company games but you won't get hold-your-breath moments like these in any of the steroid induced Battlefield titles of today.

I never saw any advertisements in 2142, was that for US only?

The place where 2142 fails absolutely is unfortunately one of the points where it really matters. The fucking netcode.

>was that for US only
lol no

Yeah, in-game billboard ads were mostly prevalent in the U.S. In the EU the billboards displayed the EA/DICE logo most of the time.

That said...

youtube.com/watch?v=cC2bsG4vVG4

This couldn't be more true. I'm playing it again right now and the game is just one big glitchy mess. Such a shame.

I was just going to say this. Goddamn Titan mode is so choppy.

Jesus, this DLC was one big fucking cocktease for nothing. Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that they incorporated 2142 elements into the game but it would've been so much better if they had actual working bootleg walkers and titans that could change the entire meta of BF4.

Escape pods are fun though.

OP, you should look up the backstory/lore for the halo games or read the novels, it sounds like you'd like it

halopedia.org/Insurrection

There's a lot more examples in the lore other then just the insurrection that fall into the type of stuff you describe, but this is the thing to look into to start with since it's the main one and it's the impetus for the development of the SPARTAN II program which results in Master Chief and the other SPARTANS being created.

I just hope it leads into a redo. Hopefully after EA and DICE regain some level of sanity. They've added clients back to 3, 4, and Hardline. So that's a good sign.

Not to mention the walker.

>Added clients
so do we no longer need to fuck with god awful battle log?

I have no idea how it works. I was going to buy BF4 but missed one of the free DLCs during their spasmatic giveaways so I said fuck it.

So now that the game's being revived by fans should I give it a go?

Has any other multiplayer FPS had a gamemode as fun as Titan Mode?

>Titan
>Fun
It's a cool concept but it's pretty fucking unplayable when you cant even walk straight.

Yes, but don't expect stellar results. The netcode is still a little funny. There are five servers active, and almost all of them are crammed full, but the game is indeed playable.

Nope, you boot up a client and from there you're able to switch between different Battlefield games (3, 4, Hardline and 1).

So like the halo collection for xbone?

Yeah.

Good to know, thanks.

I think a modern game could manage to pull it off. But I genuinely feel there's little hope that they wouldn't fuck it up somehow. I took to Planetside 2 for a while and realized what a fucking horrible pointless mess that game is. They were thinking of implementing sky fortresses, but I think it was shitcanned.

The big trick for new games is that devs need to learn to stop abusing their new toys and to go for the solutions that make everything else you need to work actually work.

Oh, absolutely. I hated the Frosbite engine when it was first introduced but it has come a long way and I definitely think its current iteration coupled with the current netcode would make Titan work.

>tfw First Strike will be coming back

Literally, all DICE had to do was take this game and re-make it on the Frostbite engine and they would've had the perfect Battlefront game.

>played the demo after loving BF2
>didn't buy it

Some people just don't like sci-fi.

Too bad the engine is broken and shooting is shit.
Also balance.
And knife does not work.

works perfectly fine to me

10 years ago titan was laggy as fuck but it works great now

BF2 and BF2142 offered wildly different experiences, yet I loved them both equally. I'd go to BF2 to whip out my L96A1, get some quick kills to boost my ego but BF2142 is where I had the real "squad experiences", teaming up with random people and coordinating attacks on missile silos on the map.

Stop fucking deluding yourself my man, I love 2142 but the Titan mode is straight up broken.

From what I understand it's very difficult to keep track of multiple people on a moving platform that isn't on rails and have it all work flawlessly.

it isn't for me

Well you must be one special snowflake when it's broken for everyone else and has been a big criticism of the game ever since it launched.

Does anyone else think that Taeyeon is ruining Girls Generation?

Keep telling yourself that. Much easier than accepting that people who make something brilliant can go on to make something shit.

I'm with him, shits broken, more broken in ways than bf2

Fuck off you Koreaboo.

To be fair I haven't played 2142 in like 10 years but from what I remember, Titan mode always worked fine for me as well.

What're the issues with it?

The same laggy biggest as other modes, but also when total is on the move its all jittery and jumpy and shit.

I agree there. 2 and 2142's loading screen and story was nice to follow. At least battlefield 4 confirmed they are in the same universe and that 2142 is where things would be leading up to.

>To be fair I haven't played 2142 in like 10 years
Then why dont you refresh your memory and download it now.

I hope I'm not blinded by nostalgia.

why is the support LMG so fucking useless

You are
You were young and everything was great

Best class there is for holding choke points

Because it's not.

Lie down and concentrate fire for a prolonged period of time, that's how the rifle works.

>We've got Battlefield: Bad Company™

Fucking really?

Nothing wrong with the BC games as a spin-off, it's when BF3 was introduced that the series spiraled downwards in quality.

Now that I've played 2142

was bf2 really better than 2142?

why was bf3 so bad compared to bf2

Both are great.

I miss that 2142 revolver, can't remember what it was called. One of the sides had it.
I also loved the Baur, even though the Voss was OP as fuck. And that engineer shotgun was devastating (clark-15b or something?); it had a super tight spread and I swear absolutely no damage fall-off. Very few people seemed to use it for some reason. I remember joining a "Christian Server" and just making everyone rage quit by obliterating the whole team with it. Probably while screaming oathes to Odin, because I was edgy like that back then.

>spiraled down
So did the entire industry yet video games (including Battlefield) are more popular than ever.

>I still to this day cannot comprehend how the same company went on to make Battlefield 3 and 4.
EA bought them.

>was bf2 really better than 2142?

no

Planetside did I guess.

Does BC2 have the best soldier qoutes

youtube.com/watch?v=a_O112K3bcM&index=1&list=PLD-atEfSGUrgKzXDxfPXiwyKiNobgg8wf

Easy. Consoles.

Planetside didn't really have "game modes"... It just was what it was.
Which was incredible, right up until the BFR fiasco.

Ugh, I spent so much time in that game that I became fairly infamous to the other empires on Markov.

Yes it does, and didn't they remove a lot of the swearing in BF3 or 4 because it offended people? I remember 3 or 4 having cut voice lines where the soldiers would scream stuff like "IM GETTIN MY SHIT PUSHED IN FUCKIN HELP ME" but they removed it because it reminded people of rape?

IM GETTING FUCKED OVER HERE

Wish the widescreen support wasn't so bad.

have you ever spotted a titan and missed it?

Is there a way to play 4:3 without having it stretched?

Tick this box.

Untick this box.

If they do make 2143, will they add fucking many guns? I'll be hyped for getting to tune the Krylov, but I feel like the balance was pretty good and the more customizable shit you add, the more fucked everything gets.

retard

WE'VE GOT COMPANY

Yeah, no problem at all. Usually people would say "thanks for the advice" but that's okay.

>knife does not work
Nigga that shit one hit hills everyone regardless of armour

Too bad the net code is so shit it only works one time out of fucking 20

Nah you're probably just a shitter

Just don't try to knife moving targets and you'll be fine. The most satisfying knife kills are the snipers camping on rooftops anyways.

I change my desktop resolution to 1024x768 and monitor to 4:3, be sure to disable GPU scaling in your GPU control panel

Fuck playing stretched or shitty widescreen

Friendly reminder to use single shot when not in CQC

A thousand times this

>tfw almost banned because it showed 87% accuracy with the BAUR at the loading screen

feelsgoodman.
Even in most CQC situations I stay semi.

The clark was support and yeah it fucking ruled. Got into the top 10 global players using it on Camp Gibraltar.

I join a server and I have all the first unlocks already unlocked?

only the Dethlok servers do this (sadly)

The real question is, heavy armor or no heavy armor?

This is a tad scary as well.

Yeah, people should earn their unlocks.

Gameplay was trash and this game bombed harder than titanfall when it came out

Always.
Unless you really desperately need to sprint everywhere you go for some reason.

remember, stamina influences weapon spread.

Proven by the fact that people are still playing it a decade later?

People still play everything. People still play wow and quake

do you need to flank really fast and need to be sanic at all times? then no-
do you defend or coordinate slowly but steadily with your squadmates`?
then yes

>the only populated servers are Titan mode
and uninstalled

>Titan mode
>not the pinnacle of mankind's achievements in FPS gameplay

Sure if it fucking worked.
>walk two steps
>warp 10 meters to the left

>playing on shit servers
Work's fine here in AUS :^)

I just played on servers that didn't allow Titans to be moved and it was fine
It takes some of the fun out, yeah, but firefights in the cargo bay were still sphincter-tighteningly tense so who gives a fuck

No it doesn't. I rubber band like a motherfucker on the Aus server with 30 ping.
I saw once someone said it was because of the widescreen fix.

It's not fine even on servers where the Titan doesn't move

sounds like you're the only one with it cause I'm also fine on titans.

Works for me

>6 people waiting for a jet in the hangar
>enemy systematically destroying every single one of our consoles
yup, it's battlefield alright

I don't remember having many issues with it back when I played
Maybe I'm just remembering the good times but legit, I don't recall having these problems. Obviously I'd have ended up on servers that were laggy as shit but for the most part I think I got on fine

Of course your memory is clouded, you were probably like 14 back then.

You people need to get BF1942 FHSW
It's the best ever mod for a battlefield game and the reason the fags over at DICE don't release modding tools.
It puts vanilla 1942 to shame and makes it look like some half assed F2P game.

>tfw protecting the landing area of the titan from the gunners seat

It's raining level ups holy shit.
I love pilots who do this.

What does it add over vanilla? 1942 was a good game but it's dated as fuck now.

If I wanna play WW2 Battlefield I just play Forgotten Hope 2.

I was 18 when 2142 came out if I remember right - 2006?

It adds every major ww2 faction, 80+ maps and every kind of vehicle (including prototypes) you can possibly imagine.
Since you guys are talking about titan mode, FHSW has its own version where you have to infiltrate a Landkreuzer ratte and destroy it from the inside.
British team attacks and wins when the ratte is destroyed, german team defends the ratte and drives it around to destroy british factories same here but so far FHSW has way more content, you guys should give it a spin

bf4 is great shut the fuck up nerd

>spot the 12 year old

do people still play these?

What's the playerbase like?

Battlefield 3 was a pretty good arcade shooter and Battlefield 4 is in its current state the best combined arms fps available on the market if you ask me.

No that would be Planetside 2.

same people mang(mostly)
its different time and people dont care about a good story in a multiplayer game anymore.

fuck off with that halo shit

the only redeeming features of modern battlefield titles are the sound design and the frostbite engine.

The rest is just another skinners box that keeps people entertained by making them chase a carrot on a stick.

Most people I know stopped playing when they unlocked everything, because the core game is lacking. It's too simple, too dumbed down.

you're the 12 year old
2142 was a broken piece of shit that came out one year after BF2 which was and still is the better game.

I want an MMO FPS set in the 2142 universe.

>war for the remainder of earth
>same atmosphere, art, and soundtrack style of the original
>titans carry battlegroups which players fight for
>titans are modular craft similar
>titans function as a sort of player housing that you have to protect
>modularity allow for different combat or support titan ship roles

You claim to be mature yet you're in a Battlefield 2142 thread telling people how bad Battlefield 2142 is.

>posts a picture of metro

tabula rasa diead years ago

Battlefield 4 was a piece of shit that came out two years after the piece of shit that was Battlefield 3 which was and still is the turning point of the franchise in terms of quality.

Planetside 2 aka the vehicles are useless the game (which kind of ruins the whole combined arms aspect)

bf3 would be good if vehicles werent pointless and there was more than one good map

>tabula rasa

God I miss that.

battlelog.co/post.php?id=18424

noice

Who here remembers this?

tabula rasa doesn't have 2142 AESTHETIC

Galactic Conquest >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> any other SW mod

Didn't that die in a month?

What in gods name are you even talking about? It works like this: vehicles get you to the place, infantry captures the place

this
bf 3 was pretty good
bf4 was slightly better than bf3

(You)

i've played demo for an hour if it counts

>say that the game is shit
>people disagree
>reply to them saying that you gave them a reply
Based retard bro

youtube.com/watch?v=S0aXAm0jqd0

yes we do, yesterday evening (gmt time) we had 40+ players, which is a lot by our standards (avg 20)
You are welcome to join since the more players the better
Mostly adults

You have no idea how this board works, do you?

This was so much fun as a LAN game. A shame I was the only one who knew the maps so I was winning all attacking maps by myself.

SAKAT AHAD AL REJAL

So, who deserved to survive in the grim darkness of the 22nd century, lads?

PAC for life.

youtu.be/uIlipiCGwcs

US

By that you mean EU

Didn't the US fuck off from the conflict and decide to just do their own thing in North America? I thought Battlefield 2142 was fought entirely between Europe and a Russian-led Asia.

you post dumb shit in response to some other dumb shit
it's not rocket science

BOOMBOOLA

I like Planetside 2 for the concepts they brought in to reality, and the overall design they came out with.

But it plays out like shit. 90% of the server population are just sheep with guns, 5% clans who effectively lock down any part of the map of their choice, 5% P2W pubstompers who are responsible for half of the server kills just because they got the best equipment in the game. The F2P paywall for equipment wouldn't be so bad if it didn't take 20+ hours of grinding to unlock the cheapest gun or if the better guns in the game were literally 3 times stronger than the base ones. I don't know if I mix the numbers up now with some other F2P shooter game but I'm fairly sure that at the time I was playing PS2, it would have cost me like 200-300€ if I were to buy all the equipment in the game with real life money.

I don't know what it looks like today since I haven't touched it in ~2 years, and I don't care. Its just one of those "fun with friends for 15 minutes" games that never gets reinstalled.

And yeah the BF4 playerbase can be idiotic at times too, but that is generally avoided by sticking to well maintained clan run servers.

Yeah the progression in the game is odd but its mostly just to keep the customization from being to overwhelming for new players, I think.

32 player Metro is fun.

I don't agree with you here, I do think BF3 had many flaws like the vehicle combat being to dumb and outdated for its release time, but the map design in some of its map is just to good.

>All these console children ITT blaming netcode for 2142's failure

The game has its problems but it's really not that bad, crouch or prone before you shoot

No

PAC , obviously

-krylov
-nekomata
-good hygiene
-cultured and educated
-swag

>there are people in this thread RIGHT NOW that don't serve the glorious EU forces
gtfo PAC scum, your pistol looked like shit compared to the glorious Pereira

Christ you have no fucking idea what you're talking about.

Canonically, the only thing the United States provided to the "Cold War" was arms shipments, they didn't actually bring any boots.

Give it to me straight, lads.

Are we going to get Battlefield 2143 on the Frostbite engine?

They've been dropping hints like a motherfucker in the more recent games already.

They most likely got eliminated by the pre-PAC if Battlefield 4 is "Canon" in any way

Either by retaliation strikes for interfering with Admiral Chang or by having their navy crippled so badly they were open to an invasion by the pre-PAC

Probably

When they do and when they fuck it up. I will finally be able quit FPS forever.

>Both sides have entirely justifiable reasons to be trying to genocide the other
Genocide is not a verb, "to genocide" is wrong.

Some of you can still feel the joy of diving on b29 formations on your trusty Shinden fighter or maybe dropping german paras from me321 gliders.
It is still possible
FHSW Europe
Join us

please no

Population is still shaky as is over here

sorry bro

>BC2
next one will be 2143, you'll see
>BF3
2143 after this one
>BF4
for sure this time, everything points to 2143
>BF1
geee, what about that 2143 guys?

not getting my hopes up

>EU is ok accepting refugees from africa and the middle east
>EU is not ok accepting refugees from russia and asia

friendly reminder there's no white EU soldiers because there's no whiteys anymore

>europe

oh...

what? explain?
If you are from the server you know we need more servers

Oh shush, not only was this game made before the refugee crisis and the rise of mainstream SJW culture, all of the EU models are white.

I'm afraid the Disney deal (sci-fi Battlefield is pretty much Battlefront) AND the backlash of the futuristic settings that the Call of Duty franchise has been getting ruined the chances of 2143 ever happening.

god the netcode really doesn't hold up does it

>Players: 0/128

Got my hopes up.

user, you are no going to find nobody right now, but do not fret.
Peak hours are from 6-7 PM GMT onwards
Yesterday we had 45 ish players on Bougainville and Monte Cassino
Als the new update just dropped so expect more people in these days
We are waiting for you

>AND the backlash of the futuristic settings that the Call of Duty franchise has been getting

This is the part that infuriates me, the settings of Black Ops III and Infinite Warfare are precisely what's getting me back into Call of Duty and I'm flabbergasted that the common player is disgusted with power armor, drones and nifty laser-rifles.

>the backlash of the futuristic settings that the Call of Duty franchise has been getting
Does the relative success of BF1 mean that we're going to be going backwards in time? Napoleon warfare with automatic rifles when?

>people running around firing gatling guns from the hip

its different time
even crappiest games were miles better then curent day shit

A'ight I'm installing BF1942 on Origin at the moment, I hope you're right.

>Napoleon warfare with automatic rifles when?

>Focuses on the journey of a black French soldier
>Jumps to an Egyptian girl
>Brief interlude with the British Gurkha and an Indian sailor
>Bullet time every time you shoulder your musket so every shot "counts."

Keep in mind that you need:
BF1942
FH 0.7
FH Fan Mappack
fhsw mappack
and here's the installer links for 0.6:

drive.google.com/file/d/0ByT8voltDla9M1hDLURSVGQyUGM/view part 1

drive.google.com/file/d/0ByT8voltDla9ajhqNzB3QVhWODg/view part 2

>Fire Warrior better than current day shit

haha, no

I got the torrent from the fhsw official website, does it contain everything that I need?
I really don't want to download origin now
not that guy

yes and it's a good thing too. soon there will a be a good historical shooter out, maybe the new vietman red orchestra, probably not, and the genre will peak. Then there will be a host of shitty copies that make bf1 look like a documentary and then someone will have the brilliant idea to make a sci fi shooter

you did not play fire warior AND webm related are you?

>see BF2142 threads
>be reminded that Angel Fall First exists

A shame it's not popular, the devs do not care about advertising it before it's true release.

It's the spiritual successor of Battlefront 2 and BF2142.

youtu.be/625_eECEw4A

you dont have to use origin
Youtuber bluedrake42 has made a launcher which contains vanilla and a modified version with some custom maps
Link home.bluedrake42.com/battlefield-1942/

THIS IS NOT BATTLEFIELD 4

BURST YOUR SHOTS

CROUCH/PRONE BEFORE SHOOTING

I really wanna try AFF but when I last looked at it, it seemed extremely bare-bones.

to jej

No the movement warps all over the place sometimes and the "dying while behind cover" thing is even more prevalent.

Great, thanks. I'll see you tonight

Does the mod have good teamwork like in PR or are people mostly quiet?

I haven't tried it yet, I almost bought it yesterday then I looked at the steamchart :

steamcharts.com/app/367270

Depressing. Doesn't seem barebone to me though, and the devs jsut published a huge update to the roadmap.

>wearing heavy armor on the EU side makes you black
what

>steamcharts.com/app/367270

Oh wow, what the fuck? Why're the numbers so low?

theres no in game voicechat, but teamwork is still possible thanks to in game written chat channels
They also have a teamspeak

stupid faggot

Halos story is fucking retarded

>you're a green man
>you're angry

As I said, no advertising AT ALL. The devs do'nt give a shit about that for now, they're waiting for the release in a few months.

Well, black people tend to get shot more than others. Seems realistic to me.

I recall reading on the PR forums that bluedrake added mumble to BF1942, I hope the mod devs will adapt it as well

I'm not really sure what you're asking with your question but no, I didn't play what was in your webm. However, the idea that Fire Warrior is better than anything released recently is total bullshit.

>Says that the game was actually pretty popular because there are still people playing
>Uses the most popular MMORPG of all time to disprove his point
>Uses one of the most popular FPS, behind only Doom, CoD, and maybe Half-Life to disprove his point

youtube.com/watch?v=F1f1kQQZDxM
Probably one of the saddest themes

the launcher i gave you the link for contains vanilla bf1942 and PR1942, which is bluedrake's reworked version with mumble support ( proximity only)
As of now, other mods dont have voice chat

>Decide to try it out
>Remember that I have already registered to BF2 Revive but forgot my username
>No option to recover account by typing in e-mail
Nice fucking website you niggers.

So just make a new one

>the year is 2142
>every european is black
yup

Is there some advanced movement in this? I think I remember someone saying there is in an old thread, but all YouTube footage is from console versions by people who don't seem to play well.

Retard alert.

Hopefully not. Frostbite looks good, but that's about it. 2143 would be a shitty game made by nu-DICE anyways.

Heavy armor = black
Light armor = white
Do you even play BF2142

>Aoix STILL not banned in yurop

those admins need to step it the fuck up.

played the demo. It was to far a departure from both quake and ET to retain the player base. A shame. I had some nice ideas that ultimate didn't work out all that well.

shill alert

>you now remember this

Had it on 360. I think I played it for like an hour tops

I liked it. Strogg and their stuff was fare more interesting than USA vs Commies/terrorits you get everywhere now.

My favorite BF. Hypest fucking singleplayer FPS experience I've ever had.

>It's a 'you're on the team of mouth breathers who get basecamped' episode
>It's a rerun

>cannon points at the player the first time

my butthole puckered up something tight

>50% of the team aren't in a squad

literally why

>can't use my old 2142 soldier with every unlock
rip

MEDDDDDDDDDDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIC
MEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
you know by now the medic isnt coming with the paddles so you hold the 3rd and last medic shout out of dignity

man 2142 was dark times

youtube.com/watch?v=dOeHdBYvV8M

This looks amazing.

Reckon we need to build the population through word of mouth and maybe set up some servers?

Ausfag here, dealing with the pain of low pop games is magnified by being so far away from large population centers. :C

I still find it pretty hard to believe that they pumped out a surprising good game a year after BF2 when they only had a year of development time. It all still seems like a cash grab after how much success BF2 got.

This is a pretty cool game, too bad it's turbo dead.

>BattlelogBoostrap stopped working
Gee, nice installer.

the sp was legit man

Why does CoD get to dictate the direction of fps as a whole

CoD shits out three mediocre twitch shooters set the future in a row so now the setting is "overdone"? Get the fuck out of here. I really hope developers don't take this sentiment to heart. Robots and lasers kick ass

>why does CoD get to dictate the direction of fps

Because at one time it dictated the direction of the whole industry. Remember ME3? CoD was a big influence on it according to devs. Shit every shooter was a CoD clone just three years ago.

Just like with Quake, you have a thousand talentless people led by suits going after whatever is popular.

It's only dead if we don't speak it about it.

People forget that "We want the CoD audiency" was not a meme, it became one because every fucking developer uttered it.

Well BF2142 was meant to be more but the turnaround was such that there are still bugs and balance issues. Things like the AR rockets and moving titans are pretty buggy. Infantry combat is better because they unfucked it by removing dolphin diving. But the semi-realistic gunplay isn't well presented. Shit like stamina affecting your spread and the ABC's of BF2142 aren't well-communicated. It's still my favorite in the series.

>we're looking for a wider audience
>we believe CoD is a good role-model
>we're using it as a model, but we're putting our own spin on it.

Remember the warning phrases? It's like in soft-reboots where they say, "Everything is different now".

Because while CoD is widely hated for its samey-ness, it essentially created the "modern FPS" formula everyone else copies nowadays. Coincidentally, despite all the hate, it's the only series that seems to keep improving on things other games fail to deliver, but never gets credit for it. I've noticed that the devs keep their consistency with the games despite it being plagued with hate.

>Most modern FPS games are slow-ish boring faux-tacticool garbage
>You can actually go quite fast in CoD

>Most modern FPS games don't accept modding
>CoD has mod support

>Most modern FPS games barely go beyond ground combat
>Newest CoD takes you to fucking space

>Most modern FPS games release with bugs that take multiple patches to fix
>CoD games always release on stable conditions and run at 60 FPS due to the engine that's been refined over the years

Sure the games are hollywood as fuck and the gameplay mechanics never change, but why fix what's broken, right?

I don't even like CoD

>like stamina affecting your spread
fug

I'm pretty sure the revival agent unlocks everything upfront for the game.

Also I'll ask this again. What do people typically recommend playing, BF2 or 2142? 2142 appeals to me more since I dig the sci fi but I see BF2 catching most of the praise dished out.

>but why fix what's broken
Why fix what's not broken*

>I'm pretty sure the revival agent unlocks everything upfront for the game.
the what

Rules for BF2142 combat

1. Grab the Voss: it is the king of CQC, especially if you like assaulting titans
2. Grab Rifle Rockets: regardless of what weapon you use, RR are amazing
3. Always Be Crouching: never fire your weapon standing, this isn't modern BF
4. Heavy armor for camping, no armor for flanking: Stamina affects weapon spread, Heavy armor helps you survive but you have to be slow.
5. Don't start shooting as soon as you go prone: There is a delay before your gun is readied and the accuracy is fixed.
6. Don't be the first down the titan hole: You don't want to be the only gazelle at the watering hole.
7. Be a special snowflake: You'll be surprised how many inventive tactics you can come up with. Keep in mind that in the BF2 engine, vehicles are vulnerable to physics
8.Droppods can kill: Dont talk shit while you're on the outside of your titan, camping and killing shitters.

bl2142.co/

The reason there's been so many threads for the game recently.

2142 is objectively better

Definitely PAC
Shame it seems they get fucked in the Northern Strike Expansion

I know but you definitely don't just magically get every single unlock in the game, you start fresh.

>but I see BF2 catching most of the praise dished out.

That's because BF2 was a bold game. It was one of the first mainstream, arcadish modern warfare games that had a very wide selection of maps, factions, and vehicles. It was ruined by all the exploits though. But that was late enough in it's lifespan that most people remember the good old grenade spam of Karkand.

BF2142 was just another sci-fi shooter in a time where Halo dominated the market. It had the BF touch, but it sort of bled into the background.

What's the actual benefit of the heavy armor? Does it give you some sort of damage resistance or does it add extra health or what?

>BF 1942 AND VIETNAM REVIVAL WHEN ?

>Every Euro that can is forced to emigrate to Africa because of the invasion
>A huge number of the soldiers on the EU side are black
>All the commanders sound white and British

Are they just throwing black people at the PAC as disposable soldiers.

1942 is still alive on Origin

Extra health, yes.

Basically, with heavy armor you have 100hp without you have 80.
The heavy sniper can one hit kill you without it.

So it is worthwhile then, thanks.

-20% damage to the torso

That can give you a few moments of survival time. The trade-off is having a shit sprint, but keep in mind that the best sniper rifle in the game one-shots people with light armor. Not many people used it in the past because most people had heavy armor, but it's still something to consider if there's a sniper in the back watching a base for light armor shitters.

I don't actually hate CoD. I've purchased every one. The controls are smooth, the netcode is solid, and the campaigns are fun (especially the blops games). They're just really shallow and obviously kid/casual oriented games. There's no strategy or decision making of any description (not even the simple split second decision making you have to make in a shooter like, say, Doom 2016), combat boils down to who saw who first and the leveling system is nothing but a skinner box. But they're still competent games. You buy it, beat the campaign, prestige once or twice, and you're done. You get your money's worth.

What I hate is CoD's audience that every other dev is trying to pander to

>the netcode is solid
>COD
No need to lie.

It is though compared to like 80 percent of shooters

I haven't tried it, but I assumed it just unlocked everything. Can anyone playing it confirm?

some servers have the first row of unlocks for free, but you still need to spend the points on them to get past them.

I don't even think 2142 looks that bad graphically. It's only really the ground and building textures standing out as not good

i know that feel , looking at the trailer make sad that those are now dead :
>bf 1942 : youtube.com/watch?v=JyG56llMYuE
>road to rome : youtube.com/watch?v=4tIVEPaMnY8
>secret weapons : youtube.com/watch?v=zYqYh979Oe8
>vietnam : youtube.com/watch?v=pws5TPcxJiY

>it doesn't work on my shitty computer so that must mean it's the installer's fault

Yeah it's installer's fault for fucking crashing since it didn't happen only on my machine.

This. So much this.

I like the PAC weapons, so I'd root for them if anything.

Not that it matters, whoever wins is still massively fucked from the conflict.

Why current BF "music" is crackles and static when this used to be the norm?
youtube.com/watch?v=kzTzH6kpqZI

do the bf2 and bf2142 revivals are both with all the expansion content in ?

youtu.be/J6m0_2-OuJU?t=1m

yup.

But in 2142 you don't have the achievements yet meaning by the end of your "career" you'll be lacking 10 unlocks.

Chose wisely.

PAC lost the war though.

>that loading screen music
>those brief descriptions on what's going on in the war and the battle in the current map
Fuck, why don't they do that anymore?

>don't be a recon shitter
>unlock everything that isn't garbage

COD 4 was ruined by the new movement system.

If it played like pre AW COD but int he future, it'd be great.

So both are shit then? nigga what are you tryin to say.

I'll give it a shot then, art style alone has my attention as is.

Also nice 29s.

>nobody plays Special Forces

>tfw played 2 and 2142 in their prime
tfw grappling hook in special forces and jihad cars

>tfw project reality came
memories from being a MH-6 littlebird pilot comes flashing and landing. How great these games were. Also miss the loading screens each map had, with description describing the war and the situation. But that was the old times, before the dark times

>tear gas and gas masks
So cool.

BF2 stood out because of it's theme at the time. BF2142 did not. Hence why BF2 got more praise. Both were functionally the same game with 2142 having better infantry combat because no dolphin diving. Both still had balance issues and unresolved problems. Both were still good games.

and which of the two would you recommend?

Cool, thanks. I do hear a lot of praise for BF2 but I also heard a ton of anons saying the on foot combat was terrible and that dolphin diving was sort of mandatory. That and grenade spam is evidently an issue.

2142 was my favorite in the series.

Moving titans were buggy and even when they were stationary it often felt like you were rubberbanding around but the mode itself was a nice change from the usual conquest. Too many FPS games these days just add in the basic gamemodes without trying anything new.

The setting was great for some fresh weapons too, the EMP made APCs strong for harassing enemies and supporting infantry beyond just shooting people. The support LMG that got more accurate over time was also an interesting way of encouraging sustained fire without suppression mechanics.

>good crew in a BTR-4 on Fall of Berlin

youtube.com/watch?v=Tb8PQXPOkCc

>tfw playing BF1942 at Lan cafes back as a kid
>always sat and watched the intro, never skipping it because I legitimately enjoyed it, hyping myself up before joining a server

both.

Where it was confirmed?

>tfw you nail a full transport with an EMP and it crashes before anyone can jump out

it has one of best intros I've ever seen

PAC was formed after the 2020 war in BF4 and something about T39 prototypes or something

>popping the rockets off over the hill

Underrated post. Seriously the series took a sharp turn downhill when they made their apparent push for more sales, both in gameplay and context.

I also love how they relatively recently have started blowing the whole "battlefield moments" idea around when 2142 was the last time I really felt the feeling term is meant to describe.

>put beacon but the tallest building
>land on top
>drop another beacon
>other commander is too stupid to orbital strike you out of it

do anyof the clipping glitches still work?

like that one on fall of berlin were you could clip into the building at the first capture point and shoot out but people couldnt shoot in

i miss glitching

is the support's sticky launcher worth using?

in certain situations like infantry grinding

i used to shoot them over the walls in gibraltar

titan corridors

>i miss glitching
Get cancer and die.

>be commander
>be support
>drop QT shield
>TITAN cargo bay
>move titan in such a way that it forces me through a wall
>chill there till enemies start boarding
>mfw all those kills

I honestly kinda miss when Battlefield was just Counterstrike with vehicles and bigger map with hitscan weapons. As much as I like the more recent Battlefields, it doesn't feel the same.

I played fire warrior for a few hours, it was the most boring shooter I've played in years, neat guns and settings though, gameplay just was boring as fuck

>pod surfing in berlin
>bomb jumping in gibraltar
>monorail camping in leipzig

>that webm
It surprises me how little situational awareness a lot of people have.

>Did BF use to have interesting settings
no. one of them is WWII themed but all the rest are basically just "there's a little brush war in a former soviet satellite YET AGAIN"

Because call of duty did futurism now and everyone hates call of duty

>seeing those buildings
>some windows missing
>snow kinda pouring out
feels

>nade spamming the top 2 consoles and breaking them
>nade spamming the core from the outside

> I'M A TECHNICIAN

>R2
fuck this game

I must have not noticed this because I didn't play support back then, but holy fuck, how did they manage to fuck up lmgs so much in this game
>get MORE accurate as you fire. even then can't hit the broad side of a barn
>can only fire for 1 second before overheating
What in the flying fuck were they smoking

bf3 is a very good game

>get MORE accurate as you fire.
To encourage sustained/large volumes of gunfire and make them more competent at longer ranges.

It's easy enough to keep firing bursts to maintain accuracy and they're unbalanced in close quarters like in some of the later BF games.

revive made it a bit more playable it was worse on original ea serv

>and they're unbalanced
and they're *not* as unbalanced

was so hyped for the beta, turned out ok, then played some beta 2.0 on different map and then demo

never got the full game

What the fuck are you talking about? 2142 has by far the best implementation of the LMG of any BF.

Belgrade, when you hear it you know shit is going down and nothing will stop PAC march into Europe

whatever happened to field promotions?

they are in BF4

this, I kind of always counted on them before unlocking

nah nig, they were in 2142 first

youtube.com/watch?v=uE6h8HGkd8g

Yeah but in BF4 you're not proud of reaching a new rank or getting a new medal. In 2 it felt fucking great.

And that's why current Battlefield games have 3D spotting. Literally every enemy get's highlighted on your screen and all you have to do is point your gun and shoot at them.

God I really fucking hate how that shit catched on and now it's in literally every FPS

>that award jingle

Where the fuck can i read that backstory and brifings?

As soon as i jump in a game, the game puts me to chose kits and shit

>It surprises me how little situational awareness a lot of people have.
In 2142 the game will just drop you there. And in 2142 only the Assault class it kitted to handle a threat like that in short order.

ARs are the best guns. LMGs are skewed to where they're basically sniper rifles without subtlety or skill. Sniper Rifles are variably useful. SMGs are just really shitty.

wew demo theme, heard it waaay too much

In 2142, if you end up against an Assault at mid-close and the Assault sees you and you're not an Assault, you're dead 9 times out of 10. You have no fucking chance. You're fucked.

They're in the loading screen. You can find short descriptions highlighting the background story of each map there.

Could be related to the narrow FOV and the fact that you can't increase it.

the loading screens. For example
battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/Camp_Gibraltar

youtube.com/watch?v=V-DnK-d_sp0

watch this first to get some of the backstory not told in the game

Even at long range, you're generally fucked. Heavy AR will snipe you in 3 shots. You're fucked.

Entire game is skewed like that. And it's why I prefer later weapon systems.

Yeah, they're so great I've not been killed by one once in 3 hours I played today

Maybe because people are playing the game for the first time in a decade again and don't remember how to use them. They are stationary turrets meant to hold a choke point and no other weapon in the game does that better.

>get a good position with the Ganz
>39 kill streak

this game is so easy what the fuck.
Did have a kickass medic with me though.

>DICE tried to bring back titan mode in BF4 in the form of Naval Assault
>it was shit in comparison
Seriously, how did they fuck it up that hard?

>stealing walkers from enemy mains

>that one time i found a bofors defence rifle

imagine if they kept that mode for after the last DLC

imagine if they didnt waste time on that shitty community map or or shitty easter eggs

I only found it one time too.
Glad I don't have it, that thing is gigantic.

>you have been kicked from the game
youtube.com/watch?v=BTi8TaKV4QY

youtube.com/watch?v=LMdB5hhFmdY

>make name on scoreboard and kill feed in GIANT letters

the little things

youtube.com/watch?v=X9ChkYgrBtQ

>keep picking admin off
>know this sound is coming

youtube.com/watch?v=0xXhk-jKXTw

2142 was the last good Battlefield game, fact.

youtube.com/watch?v=TqGjnljiq7s

2142 is unplayable for because of some weird frame skipping issue happening all the time. I tried different things, like running in compability mode, fps limit and such and figured, that it has something with sound. However even with the lowest sound quality options it's still broken.

Please help.

>the one time where a preorder bonus ends up being shittier
I think the worst part is that it doesn't even look that good.

more like
>connection to the game server has been lost

boat

>Fall of Berlin
Fall of Berlin was so fun after the first flag. Shame it almost never got past it if EU knew their shit.

All the CQ maps were fun, too bad every single server and their mother is running Titan 24/7 and it's just getting tiring.

>join verdun
>its CQ

nope

back when vehicle and mounted MG weapons actually did something

>join suez
>it's Titan

nope

>join highway tampa
>its CQ
nope

>join gibraltar
>it's CQ INF

nope

Got a first person picture of it? I remember it being humongous

REEEEEEEEE

What? Suez and Sidi are the best Titan maps, what are you talking about?

>knife only server on BF2 in the old days
>pull up a gun and shoot loads of people
I regret nothing

>shuia taiba
>that middle area

Honestly I'd love big maps like in battlefield 4 with the new power armor from cod with a big server I think that could be fun as fuck. I want cod to be more then just fust fuckin tiny ass maps with a tiny team

See:

Nah, the game is too old, and the graphics are shit. Good that you can get some nostalgia, though.

>dropping C4 everywhere

>grafix are shit
First person textures look just like the ones in this years games. just lacking some newer techniques

5000 hours of google search.

Only if Titan movement is disabled.

And not for lag reasons. If you can move the Titans, the commanders will just move it the middle of all the control points. Then the game turns into a giant fucking mess of people being able to drop pod on to every control point from their Titans.

>commander moves titan
>lose shield over a silo
>cant move anymore
GG

Is this single player?

So that was a pre order game yes. I remember back in the day wanting that gun.

But aren't like half of the current servers either CQ/TI or CQ/AL? I do like the smaller maps too. The big ones tend to revolve around vehicles and engineers repairing/taking them down.

Have they made it accessible to everyone now?

>sniper sounds

A'ight I've installed everything, now how the fuck do I play? No servers come up on the server browser. Installed all the mods in the correct order, too.

Really wish they didn't include the shitty BF2 map remakes. They weren't good and they don't fit.

You can kill aircraft with it. I used to do that shit all the time for all those people who think their hovering gunships are invincible. It's also okay for harassing vehicles and is basically a support version of the rifle rockets, just not as powerful.

Haven't seen it so probably not. It's really just a cosmetic that has the same stats as the EU's Scar, only it takes up more of your screen.

whats with dice putting the fuckign flags on EVERYTHING now?

It's too slow and does too little damage to be of any real use, and you're using a slot which could hold something much, much better
The only value it has it novelty value

They were outsourced to a group of modders called The Sir. Community, who also created the sandbox mod for BF2, hence why it may feel lacking in quality.

I can't get the anti-aliasing higher than 4, I slide it to 8 and when I restart it switches back to 4 like a faggot

Also is the general stutter on their end or is it just me?

Fucking nice

This is the best thing about the BF2142 revive

This and Frontlines Fuel of War should have been bigger, better games

What the hell happened?

I blame COD

>take screenshots
>they don't save

Frontlines:Fuel of War had some issues, and kind of didn't market itself well enough to differentiate itself from the myriad of other FPS games out there.

(from what I've heard) had BF's random deviation style. (prefer Red Orchestra's exaggerated recoil+drift/sway system, as it feels both more fair, while generally promoting the same gameplay).

Homefront (the first one) was the last game from that studio, which basically failed due to THQ

>the only value it has is novelty.

Yea pretty much. If I was wanting to be serious I'd be running assault, but it's a fun little weapon for fucking around.

I played lots of bf2 and some bf3 which was meh but never picked up 2142. I always wanted to give it a go but never got around to buying it.
I'm considering giving it a go.

>bf3 which was meh
It's kinda good only on 64 metro cq. Fucking madness, man.

played it for the first time on revive and its the same shit.

setting is really cool and the titan mode is awesome but it has nothing for longevity.

I am convinced it was lauded because it just had a lot of players duking it out over big maps which, though done before, was still kind of novel at that time.

Mediocre, imo but I can see why it would intrigue some.

>It's kinda good only on 64 metro

>it has nothing for longevity
Name a multiplayer game that has longevity and for what reason.

longevity for an fps game is always based on how good its competitive scene is

games that feature a variety of modes and are more skill particular.

Don't get me wrong, BF2142 was fun and I understand why the big people slugfests was fun, but it was also first one to a walker wins and after like 10 hours that gets old.

I would say one of my picks (even though it doesn't matter because you will just rip it apart anyways) is Insurgency. Has many modes, both pvp and coop and enough maps to keep it somewhat fresh. Plus time to kill and size of teams usually make it a tighter all around multiplayer experience that promotes player growth and experimentation with the modes.

Titan mode is an awesome mode and I would love to see more of it with tighter modern controls and netcode, but thats really the main good thing other than the setting.

Maybe 2142 isn't the same on revive as it was, tbf, and maybe i had to play it when it was originally out

>so bad, it's good

Couldn't they Melt the Ice? I mean, now we're extremely good at it, why wouldn't we be in the 22nd century?

Can I turn off the fucking radio spam somehow?

>longevity for an fps game is always based on how good its competitive scene is

not necessarily... rather it's due to a lack of "better" game for whatever niche it's catering to.

Usually it's also dependent on a ease of installation and/or being able to run on newer machines easily (without emulation).

Thing is, resistance 2 was actually shit.

are you me?

I remember it even worked on-line

Not him but
>first one to a walker wins
I doubt you played the game for that long if your assessment of it is just a "big people slugfest". Hell, Insurgency at its simplest is just that given how popular push servers are and how close quarters things get.

>Actively shilling a decade old game on Cred Forums

I smell an HD remaster approaching..

Of course I do.

This game was too much fun. Even thought the controls sucked and thanks to resolution I couldn't see shit.

the fuck is this?

they were all in the screenshots folder now they are gone

>one of my picks is Insurgency
Literally my only complain about it is a small maps. Like gunplay is one of the best for today, but maps just complete clusterfuck garbage.

wake island 2142 and highway tampa were fun

>Discussing video games is bad

>voss fags

>Free abandonware game
>Fan-made servers
>Shilling

Youkeepusingthatword.tiff

Bf2 is obviously better than 2142. What stands out more than gigantic mechs? Certainly not bf2. 2142 was never even played competitive

I got banned in Project Reality BF2, any anons know how I can ban evade? I tried changing my IP and reinstalling the game but I'm still banned. I want to be able to mass team kill and then come back and do it again.

Their engine is out of date, frostbite still looks like it was made 5 years ago. Really don't want to bother with starting again, as long as it sells that's good enough.

It was a sci-fi shooter during the halo phase. It didn't stand out. And for someone who played BF2 starting at launch, there's a reason people don't go back to it. It was the chivalry of its time. It's competitive scene was garbage and for the average player the on-foot gameplay was trash.

Like literally I'd take any other battlefield except 3 over 2.

You can still play 1942 online.

>implying the moralfags of neo-Cred Forums would let you do that
Fucking fags would even shill their shitty meme game everywhere.

>how I can invade the ban.

You gonna open up your modem and take out the cmos batter and reinsert it. That resets your connection.

Every game's a meme game on Cred Forums.

Project Reality is the biggest meme though. Full of armchair military mouthbreathing autists that should be fucking shot.

>game has to be played competitively
fuck off

Yea pretty much. Why do you think it's called Project Reality? It's ARMA for people who don't like ARMA.

This is how you recognize someone who hasn't played the game for more than 30 minutes.

If you're talking about Project Reality, I don't give a shit about. So yea.

BF2 though I had about 500 hours in and I can tell you that I never want to see dolphin-diving in a first person shooter ever again.

hate it when underage Cred Forumseddit faggots ruin the playerbase of a decent game

>A BLOO BLOO SOMEONE DOESN'T LIKE MY SHITTY MEME GAME A BLOO BLOO
>BETTER CALL THEM R-REDDIT
Fucking kill yourself.

Do you sound as dumb in real life, as you do in your post?

I'm sorry I triggered your autism because I don't care about your mod.

Man you sure are asshurt about this, what's it like living, and knowing how retarded you are?

Everything after 2006 sucks because Sjw facebook phones and niggers getting acsess to technology.. sigh

Not really
Played it a bit with a friend.
The people were pretty nice, even though my friend was a fucking moron and was getting us killed really often.

I don't really care what you're talking about. I guess you're baiting. But I don't really care- you can keep shitposting though.

Eh, there's good games still made. It's just Cred Forums is a huge magnet for sjw shit so that's all you hear about.

>those brief descriptions on what's going on in the war and the battle in the current map
"The big zeppelin battle fought, a sole push of American special forces storm troopers now charged the western front at the Somnes. Finally they were intercepted by the 5th South African Brigade. As American tanks moved into position to support, so did the African-German Panzer, opening the scene to the largest tank battle of 1915."

"On the eve of 1916 the Harlam Hellfighters led a charge into the most heavily fortified German position on the Western Front. For thirty five days they fought without support and succeeding in capturing both the trenchline and a bridge leading directly into Germany. Luckily, for the Central Powers- the war had already ended."

>belgrade
>snow map + raining

my dick

>motion mines on top of enemy titans

>motion mines in general.

That's Doom you fucking weeb

>that QT tutorial voice in 2142

Pretty sure the US won that war as they were able to attack bases in Siberia and marched through Shanghai

Not having read the thread, haven't literally all the other factions literally nuked each other out of existence except the ones duking it out?

I always assumed the reason why PAC was invading yurop was because their country is a glass wasteland.

That's too significant of an event too just skim over to the next game.
...Right?

WHWAT?

???

>download finishes
>crashes
>download corrupted
T-thanks.

i dont know any of those things

you forgot hardline and battlefront, both were like a spit in the face.

did you even play the game?

yeah, for like 40 hours now

oh

thats nothing then

i played hundreds of hours back in the day and those were the things people did

how, im already pulling my hair out cause the game is shitty and frustratingly broken

It was crazy when it was introduced in Bad Company/bad company 2. I remember screaming at teamates to mark enemies and vehicles because NO one would do it. But now i agree, it's way too overused.

Don't play if it frustrates you so much?

AN ENEMY IFV HAS BEEN SPOTTED IN YOUR AREA
>yfw

nothing better is free at he moment, so

Play H&G.
This shit frustrate you even more.

If they remake 2142 I could see them making a gadget that straight up gives wallhacks desu

>tank
>acts like an adorable cat
>from an outside perspective

i did, its garbage
>silent shot sound bug not fixed after fuckign 3 years still

It's ok user. I enjoy halo lore too.

Bad Company 2 was the last great multiplayer endeavor. It was massively different than any BF before it, but it struck a balance between easily accessible gunplay and combined arms teamplay that in my opinion hasn't been toppled.

I really miss FPS's with relatively high TtK. So much more skill involved.

>tfw will never tap-fire a leftie XM8 on the bright red beret of a russian medic again

feels bad desu

If they could just mod in 64 player servers into BC2 i would cream my jeans.