Ace Attorney thread

Let's discuss why Trucy should be the victim in the next game.

My guess is that it would completely erase all that's left from the disaster AJ was.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bF_b4kimyYI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Apollo Justice is the best thing to come out of the new games

Yep, you're absolutely correct.

You're damn right it's correct

She deserves to die for stealing Pearl's daughter spot away to be honest, Trucy's a slut.

Pearly is best girl. I can't take that now she's left only for episodic roles in DLCs.

Phoenix is literally around...just because.
Apollo has had the best development these past two games

In all seriousness, Apollo became my favorite character in Dual Destinies, and I dislike how Phoenix is still advertised as the main character he's barely in it now and hasn't had any development since trials and tribulations.

>best development
He has the most drawn out sob story. AA MCs don't need that because their clients (and often other characters in the cases) cover that already and it's their entire job to be in their corner. Apollo was at his best in AJ when he was just a lawyer dude caught up in some nonsense (only issue was that Klavier, and then HoboNick near the end, stole his thunder too often)

AJ was better than DD

That Apolloofag went crazy, quick catch him!

Apollo is literally a bland Nick. Even in his own game Nick still stole the spotlight.
> past two games
wow such development in DD, important much wow.

We can all agree that Athena is the worst member of the Wright Anything agency, right?

Right now she's the only one not to count Nick.

While it's true technically since she has three power houses to compete against, you have shit opinions,

AA6 was average at best. Shows the series is well past its prime and honestly should be put to rest already.
Mainline has been terrible since AA4. The only great game to come out after AA3 has been AAI2.

> three power houses
Apollo, Phoenix, ??

It seems that Cred Forums really likes soj though. I think it was a solid game with some interesting cases, I'd put it right behind AA.

T&T>=AAI2>AA>SoJ>DD>AAI>JFA>>>>>AJ

I don't see how anyone can think this piece of trash is better than anything.

It has by far the most uninteresting, "literally who gives a fuck" story in all the AA series.

Not a single case was great. In fact, they all ranged from bad to just ok.

It baffles me how AAI2 can exist after such a massive turd like this.

>completely erase all that's left from the disaster AJ was

People are still under the delusion that the ending of SoJ was intended to wright Apollo off?

From what i played so far, it was mostly mediocre, nothing really terrible. Think i stopped on the last case for now since AA5 got released while i was playing it.

>Apollo is literally a bland Nick

Nick is a bland Nick.

Honestly, I don't know what you semen slurping homos see in his character. He's nice because he's just bland enough to work as a self insert character without being obnoxious, but he completely lacks a character arc and you fags got only yourselves to blame for that.

>AA4 gets announced
>wtf! I hate hobo phoenix, I want old phoenix back!
>Nick goes back to his old trilogy self
>wtf! I like hobo phoenix now???????????

When phoenix does something more interesting than sweat like he's on meth during trials, then maybe there will be a character out there that you can call a "bland Nick".

I don't even remember what AAI was about.
The story is that forgettable, I guess.

I'm trying really hard to remember what the cases where about but I'm drawing a blank on all of them. Can't even remember the victim of the last case or if there was even one, I just remember wanting it to end REALLY badly, and the case going on despite my protests.

Good main characters, though.

brand recognition is literally the most important thing in the entertainment industry

see remakes, spin offs, soft reboots, cinematic universes, sequels upon sequels upon sequels

Wouldn't you have to get rid of Apollo for that? Granted they could do that with him moving but considering his popularity the next game will probably center around him too.

come on the flashback case was fun, but yes it's probably the worst in the series, which is funny because AAI2 could very well be debeste

>6-3 rehashes 2-2
>6-5 civil trial rehashes 2-4

You know, it's sad they had to recur to reusing shit from the trilogy to give Maya some fucking plot relevance in this game.

That's directly related to Apollo though. Due to his popularity they decided to increasingly focus on him at the expense of everyone else. They can give him all the backstory they want, and hell in AA7 we'll probably have the plot revolve around him again, but at his core he's still more bland than Nick.

>Wouldn't you have to get rid of Apollo for that?
Isn't leaving him in another country does just that?
But concerning his popularity you're right. Damn nips and their shitty taste.

I think they are finally ready to commit to character trilogies now. Probably means we are stuck with the devs pulling relatives out of their asses to develop Athena for the next three games before sending Phoenix off for good and introducing an all new cast by AA10.

>sending Phoenix off for good and introducing an all new cast by AA10
Yeah, like with AJ.

Honestly, I don't understand how you played all the games and still wasn't able to catch Nicks character. So, I guess it's pretty pointless to describe it to you now, is it?

Maya is just fanservice at this point. inb4: she always was.

>but at his core he's still more bland than Nick

The only time Phoenix EVER showed any personality traits outside of his sarcastic inner monologues was in AA4 where he was out of completely out of character, and the more I think about it, the more I think AA4 has been soft-retcon'd by now anyway.

If anything, Nick is a blander Apollo.

>If anything, Nick is a blander Apollo.
That's just a little too obvious for anyone to trigger.

Name one personality trait that describes Phoenix and not Apollo.

You miss the point. Apollo might have most Phoenix traits but they're all just somehow more boring and impersonal.
And all his *chords of steel*/I'm fine gimmick is just cringeworthy.

TL;DR He's a boring, normalfag copy of Nick.

Because both AJ and JFA are godawful, so this beats them by default.

AJ and JFA had stories actually worth a fuck and had at least one or two great cases.
So take your shitty meme opinions and shove them up your ass.

>and the more I think about it, the more I think AA4 has been soft-retcon'd by now anyway.

Sadly so. It's a shame seeing Phoenix reduced to a laughing stock as everyone now calls his wins in question and says it's just luck/bluffs.

He has a better record than lots of the genious prosecutors, yet he gets treated like a rookie since AA5.

Sure, some people called him on bluffs before, but it was never this bad. The focus shifting away from him is actually a good thing, when he is a side character they don't feel like bashing him as much.

Where did 4-3 touch you, user?

4-1 and 4-4 were great and so was Hobophoenix

JFA had only 2-4.
I consider 2-3 and 2-2 worst cases in the series, god I hated these so much.

So you can't name a single one, you just hate that every second Apollo is on screen is a second not spent on catering to your retarded homo shippings, got it.

Hobonix is basically a different character. He acts completely OOC.

Ah yes, because people are always the exact same person, no matter how many years pass.

So is DD/AoJ Phoenix

Yeah I'm not really sure how it got to sequel when the first one was ass.

I really want to see a completion to the Investigation trilogy

He while he is the turnabout terror, he also is a pretty avid bluffer. It's probably canon he takes 4 penalties every case before he wins, even if he didn't you can clearly tell everyone involves knows when Nick is talking out his ass.

> catering to your retarded homo shippings
Nice projections there.

You wanted one trait? Fine. Nick trusts his friends no matter what and will always stay by their side. Crapollo left the second something started to appear weird with Athena.

Name one reason Crapollo is interesting avoiding the sobbing story made up because of Crapollos crazy popularity.

JFA and AJ only had 2-4 and 4-1, the rest was pure shit.

And AAI was pure shit all the way through. Your point?

Not him but while Apollo is largely a carbon copy of Phoenix, the key difference is how they interact with the world. Phoenix constantly lampshades how absurd things are, but he is often willing to accept such things and roll with it.

Apollo, on the other hand, just gets annoyed at everything and acts like a massive buzzkill most of the time. Compared to Phoenix he's more straight-forward and less willing to to accept things for how they are.

Hobophoenix completely goes against what the first 3 games established for him as a character. Now if you could justify that, I might agree. But AJ didn't. Young Nick in 3 was a doof but he didn't completely betray everything we knew about the character.

Justify that shit, or don't do it.

What was shit about 4-4? it was essentially 4-1's sequel and only the jury asspull was bad.

>7 years after losing his job and adopting a daughter
>expecting him to be the same epic lulz bluff attorney we all know and love

It's clearly not meant to be a trilogy.. Could have been at first, but AAI2 definitely wraps it all up nicely. The borgonian smuggling ring nonsense extends to AA4 so I don't think it was ever intended to be resolved within the AAI games.

>Crapollo
Are you 12?

People deserve nicknames

Hobophoenix had a 7 years gap worth of potential development to justify himself.

Hobophoenix' problem was that he didn't stick around for the sequels. It's AA5/6's Nick that is out of place here.

>Are you 12?
Nice to see you have nothing to object my arguments.

>Inga gets to sleep with Ga'ran
>Nearly wasted because he can't distinguish between faces

But in DD he's exactly the trilogy Nick, just a little more serious.

Was there really an argument in that shitty post of yours? I want you to read it again and think about it.

He is back to AA1 Nick, only even more ridiculed

Literally didn't say I expected him the same, but huge drastic changes in character need major explanation. Hur 7 years doesn't hold up when the reason he lost the badge in the first place didn't work. AJ did an awful job, and butchered his entire legacy basically to sell Japan's jury system.

He lost his badge for an idiotic reason, and basically became the very thing he always stood against believing himself to be above the law and in AJ makes Apollo present forged evidence AND rigs the special one off jury to get the same outcome he wants. Your entire "victory" is just cheating the system.

>dislikes AJ and JFA
>thinks AAI is better than anything
Nigger, fucking Pong is better than AAI. Fucking Pong. And your opinion is complete garbage.

AJ doesn't deserve to be erased
Just all the cases in the game do

>be disbarred for 7 years
>wow people are ridiculing him even though they overturned that one hearing 7 years later

We can all agree that Klavier is the most boring prosecutor

>lose badge unfairly and get banned from practicing your dream job, having to work somewhere else to earn money now. Plus now taking care of a daughter, having to raise her by your own for 7 years

Faggot is this not justification enough? What else did you want? The law system to kill his dog? Phoenix just did what he did to prove a point, that the law system in AA was fucked up.

AA6 was bad.

The "rival" prosecutor was bad. It would have been better if the Queen was the actual prosecutor all through out.

The only good case was the 2nd part of Turnabout Revolution.

Also too many cases where you don't have to gather evidences. Makes the battle look like pure guessing.

I hope this also means Apollo is now out of the series and can concentrate on Phoenix.

No, Nahyuta is.

>hour long animations
>SATORA! KAOWKOAWKE OAKSDO KAOSDKOKWD OKAWDO KAWDO
>lel throwing insults at the defense for the 50th time in this trial

>be lawyer for over a decade
>win miraculous trials
>still act like a rookie

Nahyuta takes that place from him. Klavier at least has more than 2 lines

THREE
FRESHES

>Name one personality trait that describes Phoenix and not Apollo.
>You wanted one trait? Fine. Nick trusts his friends no matter what and will always stay by their side. Crapollo left the second something started to appear weird with Athena.

>Name one reason Crapollo is interesting avoiding the sobbing story made up because of Crapollos crazy popularity.
Lets see your answers:
>catering to your retarded homo shippings
>Are you 12?
>Was there really an argument in that shitty post of yours?

Can you maybe stop being such a miserable human being.

>doesn't actually act like a rookie but I'll pretend he is because I like to imagine convenient argument

Lost his badge to an idiotic unbelievable reason (which is amazing considering we have shit like spirit channeling to swallow) so 7 years making your adopted daughter a loan shark doesn't mean much of anything to me, no.

Write a good cause before worrying about the effect, especially as drastic of an effect as they did.

Are you playing the same game?

>loses self-confidence with every counter-argument
>doesn't have the spine to stand up to anyone
>le funny faces

There have been only 3 good prosecutors in the entire series. Shit's getting sad.

>Fun Prosecutors:
Edgewroth
Von Karma
Blackquill

>Arguably interesting albeit tedious to deal with throughout the game:
Godot

>Literally no payoff for putting up with his bullshit, but at least he was properly antagonistic
Sad monk

>Shitty waifu bait for retards with no standards. Didn't make a single good point in the entire game she was in:
Fran von Karma

>Not a prosecutor but at least he tried to keep up for a whole 2 objections
Phoenix

>Not really much of a prosecutor either
Klavier

Honorary shitters:
The Paynes

He's not even a prosecutor. He's a defense attorney who dis-interestingly argues against the truth he already knows until he feels like letting Apollo know what actually happened.

>attempted murder tier

Gaspen

Barnham was a pretty good prosecutor.

Do you think he ever fucked Amara by mistake?

This.
But hey we had Blackquill in DD, there is still hope.

We clearly didn't because he stands up to people fine as soon as evidence goes his way.

>loses self-confidence at every counter argument (that blows his current argument apart)

Literally the guy's biggest claim to fame is reversing the chessboard when all his arguments have been killed. He literally never backs down and always fights tooth and nail to get his client's innocence.

>le funny faces
What the fuck does this even mean. Every single character makes funny faces. Are you trolling me? You can't be this retarded.

This You're a faggot, OP.

Next game should be a clean slate.
Like for real. New main character with no Phoenix or Apollo in sight except for maybe mild references about how the new MC had watched all their cases and wants to be just as good or something.

I bet Ga'ran sent her over whenever she didn't feel up to it

Oh yeah, I forgot about him.

I concede. Too bad he was in a terrible [AA] game.

Also forgot about Ga'ran. She was alright but she had guilty all over her face by the time she showed up in court and was both too over the top and too antagonistic to feel like a proper prosecutor.

>see

>He literally never backs down and always fights tooth and nail to get his client's innocence.

He literally almost gives up in most of his trials and needs his non-attourney friends to motivate him back again

>you will never be bossed around by her

Why live

>Implying he's good for Amara trickery.

Ga'ran probably sent over one of the royal guard in disguise. In fact I half suspect Igna probably never slept with a woman at all, or at least not Ga'ran.

So you mean like every attorney? Because the prosecutor pretty much always bullies the shit out of the defense.

So who saw the amensia twist in the DLC case coming because of Danganronpa/Zero

>words of encouragement and second opinions providing in-direct insight when things are it's bleakest to reverse the chessboard is giving up

You should probably play the games again.

>Tfw no AA game to play until DGS2 comes out

Feels bad man.

>until DGS2 comes out
>implying we can play DGS

Where's your argument?

>2 of the 4 shit cases are from DGS alone
Jesus, is it that bad?

DGS wasn't really that great though, so to be honest I'm not expecting much. I will give credit where credit is due and say DGS's engine is fucking awesome though. I'm glad to have it.

>one reason Apollo is interesting avoiding the sobbing backstory
One original or exciting trait that he has, except the "I'm fine" and "everything around is shit, I'm done with you".

I would Drill her Sergeant, if you know what I mean.

The best you can hope for right now is an Athena trilogy. If you are really lucky, AA5 and AA6 will already count towards that, but AA7 is for sure an Athena game.

>Athena trilogy
Aww yeah, this I can dig.

There's nothing wrong with Athens. It's just that she makes for a better defense attorney than an assistant.

I'm totally up for it if this also means we're getting more Athena/Blackquill banter.

The reversing the chessboard only comes after the close to giving up parts.

Anyways, my main point is that i hate how they reverted him to AA1 state. His character also isn't very consistent, when he is a supporting character he acts like a proper mentor and very self-confident (almost like Hobo-Phoenix), but the second he is on the stand, he reverts.

Pearls is even worse, she still acts like a small kid.

Devs talking about a 7th game did mention a future with a clean slate, but they'll probably give Athena one more game.

That would be fine. Even if I despise the mood matrix mechanics as oversimplified, at this point Athena feels like a fresh start.

Too bad about her character design though. They should've made her hair not retarded

Eh, idk I kinda got used to it already. Depends on your preferences really.

What the..? Suddenly everyone loves Athena.
You guys are too fickle
Not that I have anything against her.

While I'm down for that, they better resolve the Apollo-Trucy sibling connection in the next game.

They should also have given her a better personality than Pearls 2.0

>Pearls is even worse, she still acts like a small kid.
Maya is downright uncanny. Other than that one line she says to Rayfa (that one line she says to Rayfa [that one line she says to Rayfa {that one line she says to Rayfa }]) she's still acting like a 15 years old.

I'm not sure if the AAI team has no balls or if the Hobophoenix backlash was so big that the producers just plain forbid they make any changes to the old characters now, but so far, the returning characters have been a bit of a dissapointment.

I wouldn't think AA6 counts since all it contributed was that she still has a way to go. She does have potential though and the mood matrix is easily better than the magatama and bracelet.

Also means we may get more Blackquill, who is one of my favorite characters in the series.

She stopped being a PTSD machine and now she's just a goofy rookie attorney who wants to be praised by Simon. Also she's cute.

Close to and actually giving up are completely different. He does it when all possible evidence trails go cold with current information. People encouraging him to continue is not him being a rookie. That's having support.

His character is very consistent outside AJ's Hobo Phoenix. The only reason you think he's a proper mentor is because you don't hear his thoughts. The guy is king of bluff. He's always put up a good mask. If he was the lead in AJ would have still made reaction faces and overacted when his entire case was blown. Like every attorney, AND prosecutor does.

Pearls is from a no-where village with barely any kids to interact with. She's also matured a lot from her original days, though I'm not surprised you didn't notice. She's acting like a sheltered teenager does in SoJ, which guess what? fits what she was introduced as; a sheltered child.

I wouldn't say I love her but I never minded her. Her superpower is just too ridiculous though, I wish it was all just tech (which is kind of retarded, too).

There is literally nothing similar in them aside from that one pose (it's not even the same).

I look forward to her next game because it means we'll likely get more Blackquill

How about another Maya clone instead? She can even get kidnapped and/or accused in each game. Not that Athena is really that much like Pearl.

That's a plot point with literally no payoff, I don't know what you people expect from it. Unless Lamiroir gets killed off next game, nothing will ever come from it. And even then, Apollo has shown he's not particularly emotional when it comes to his biological parents anyway.
Would have been nice if Phoenix had told Apollo that he was leaving his biological family if he decided to stay in Khura'in, though. Missed opportunity.

>His character also isn't very consistent, when he is a supporting character he acts like a proper mentor and very self-confident (almost like Hobo-Phoenix), but the second he is on the stand, he reverts.

That's cause you can't read his thoughts and are viewing him from Apollo's point of view when he's a supporting character.

>She's also matured a lot from her original days, though I'm not surprised you didn't notice.

In which ways?

>People want more Athena
You've finally seen the light, my brothers. Been preaching about her being best girl since AA5.

DD just wasn't the best game, and AJfags are super pissy their game got shelved so they always embellished how much much they dislike her. She's actually pretty okay for a spaz. Her only real issue is her special power is kinda stupid, not as much as apollo's but people might be more on board if failing her bits had downsides.

They already act like siblings. I guess it would logically resolve into something like:
-He's your half brother
-Oh, ok, cool. I'll call you bro from now on

What did you think of it?

Yeah I just don't understand why they bothered keeping it a secret in the first place. Should've been revealed 2 games ago, really.

Good fanservice.
Anything else is mediocre.

Good idea, OP, honestly.

Honestly, pretty bad. Predictable twists for the most parts, little to no interesting characters and a weak villain.

But excepting that case, I enjoyed the fuck out of AA6.

>Good fanservice.
Like what?

She's actively trying to get Khua'in village to reform and accept modern trends so people will stop leaving the village.
>She isn't shipping people together every time a boy and girl interact
She wants to see the world and grow for her own sake as well as Maya's.
>Now has complexes and insecurities about how childish she seems like being smaller than 4'7 or still being a horrible drawer

She's still pearls, but she's definitely not the same.

She's not my favorite girl but I never had a problem with her. It's nice that people have warmed up to her a bit though. Only thing I'd do is change her sidetail to a ponytail, though I know that won't happen.

>Unless Lamiroir gets killed off next game
That's what I'm expecting to happen, and I figure it'll have some big conspiracy around it that makes the final case revolve around Apollo and Trucy.

I would at least ask that there are no more secret Gramaryes.

Meh. At least it made me appreciate even more the fact that Rayfa was Nick's assistant instead of Maya in the main game.

Phoenix/Edgey/Butz banter was great.
Ellen's animations were good.
The rest was meh.
Sephiroth was a pretty obvious villain.

I don't think she's best girl, but I've always liked her and I'm happy AA6 seemed to be setting her up as the main character in AA7.

> At least it made me appreciate even more the fact that Rayfa was Nick's assistant instead of Maya.
This.

Maya is old and busted, Rayfa is the new hotness.

What can be done to the Mood Matrix to make it less shit?

>tfw you will never fuck Rayfa's armpits

Why live?

>we will never have a big breasted semen demon assistant
I mean I liked Rayfa, as she was something fresh, but I'm worried we will get another Maya clone next game.

Add penalties for one thing.

Give it penalties

that's all it needs, really, it's fine and fun otherwise

Actual penalties for getting something wrong, its way too easy

I don't even know. It just a cross-examination with 4 variants on each statement. Maybe using it only during investigations would make more sense.

Is he the most boring prosecutor?

He's better than Klavier but that isn't saying much. I did like when he was having culture shock moments, but sadly 80% of his dialogue was calling you putrid and stuff.

>you'll never lick her armpits while you impregnate her

Just to suffer, I guess.

Seeing Blackquill BTFOing him was still worth it.

Sick faggots

Yet another reason why Blackquill is based as fuck. I kind of hope for an Athena-centric game just to have him show up as the prosecutor in the final case.

Yes. A very very boring one. He only had guesses most of the time and just went with philosophical stuff.

No, that's Klavier

I do wish they focused more on his insane studying of cultures and shit though, those were fun aspects of him. His animations were entertaining too, which helps.

I honestly didn't think they could make someone shittier than Godot, but they fucking did it.

Not really. all he does is insult you, tell you to give up and chant his sutra in every single case he is in.

Put it in investigations too if not exclusively.

Add penalties court side for "badgering" or making the witness more unstable.

Stop acting like Athena can hear emotional discord or whatever, and just have the stupid robot pick it up.

So, for AA7:
>Athena (main playable character) with Trucy as assistant (due to how they got paired up in the DLC case), Blackquill as assistant in one case
>Phoenix with Athena as assistant or possibly Maya
>Apollo in one case with Rayfa as assistant
Does that sound good?

Klavier was basically your assistant.

>Athena mainline game
>Blackquill is your snarky assistant going around BTFOing everyone
>Last case he is killed

>Remember that moment that just happened?
>Remember remembering this?
>Did you forget already? Let's watch this again

Ema's return was good

I like when he squeezes his prayer beads on you

>Last case he is killed
You what, mate?!

At the very least he had some moments of being logical and his culture shock bits. Klavier has nothing entertaining about him at all, and by comparison is largely "AH ER FOREHEAD I ALREADY KNEW THAT ACHTUNG BABY!"

He is also WAY to helpful.

That sounds like a solid game.
Just no Maya please.

No, he's just really passive. He's a total hardass about every new logic train you came up with, but people seem to want guys like Edgeworth who bring bantz and foil you pretty much at every turn.

Most boring is probably fran or the paynes. Klavier's so bad he's not even a prosecutor

DELET

>Athena trilogy

Achtung Baby!

We have Apollo who can see really well and Athena who can hear really well

Smell attorney when?

You better get ready Apollofag, that's going to happen.

If you need any help, just say the word!

>Last case he is killed
user don't even

Why is there no good porn of this game?

>implying he'll even make it to the last case
>7-3, 7-4 and 7-5 all deal with his death.
>in the finale Athena leaves the PW nest to start a psychology samurai dojo while raising Taka's chicks

But there is yaoi.

Not even an Apollofag, though I enjoy him more than Athena. I like her gimmick but I don't like her.
I like Phoenix the most

Because the playerbase is 90% womyn

Then you're settled for life, Nick's never going to leave the series.

>new attorney who's power is that he can tell how people react to things by things like how their armpits sweat and how they soil themselves

>He is also WAY to helpful.
You just described Edgeworth.

I think it's meant to be cringeworthy.

Smell nothing. Imagine a taste guy

>YOUR HONOR, HE'S LYING
>What makes you say that Mr. Hugh Tongue?
>When the defendant said "I didn't touch the murder weapon" his skin became more salty!

So... What's good about it? It's annoying.

>implying the PhoenixxPearls one isn't great

>he's constantly going around licking things, including people
>he has a foot fetish

>In other games defendants get sweaty when they're called on their bullshit
>in this game, defendants get increasingly more covered in drool.

Maya Fey, taste attourney

This isn't from the anime, is it?

> that sexy Dick

Yeah, it's from the last episode.

It is

>AA as drawn by Pearls.jpg

Also, can anyone explain Larry's outfit to me?

It is and these are official subs.

What happened to the art? It looks like complete and utter shit?

A-1. Cheap shitty studio, so exactly what Capcom want.

Was that question mark at the end really necessary?

>Everything about this screenshot

Holy fuck. Where did the budget go?

The budget is really low. It gets the characters right, but it's full of lazy art and animation errors

That looks so gross i almost threw up.

The anime was just an ad for SoJ, it also aired in the afternoon so there was no need to be appealing enough to sell BDs.

It made me hungry

Thanks to Cred Forums and memes, I actually kind of want to try deep fried ice cream and burgers now.

That's how no budget looks like.

He has some weird smiley face print on it or something

At least the SoJ prologue short looked okay, I guess.

Why didn't they just get bones again, anyway?

Bones costs a ton more for a full series. Not surprising, since even their middle-of-the-road stuff (like Boku no Hero Academia S1 recently) looks great. A-1 is the go-to for cheap-ass anime adaptations, such as P4G.

>2 of the 4 shit cases are from DGS alone
>Jesus, is it that bad?

Clouded "5 hour investigation for 2 pieces of evidence" Kokoro

Clouded "Most annoying witness in the series and her pussy whipped husband" Kokoro

Clouded "Laws of physics worse than body pendulum when knives change trajectory and go from an arc out the window to straight down" Kokoro

Clouded "Sold a lion to the circus" Kokoro

CLOUDED "WORST AA CASE" KOKORO

You forgot:

Clouded "filler case 4 that comes between extremely story-relevant cases 3 and 5 but unlike Turnabout Storyteller is a full-lenght case longer than case 3 and thus kills the pacing" Kokoro

Clouded "out of my police jurisdiction" Kokoro

Someone explain to me how budget makes your drawings look like shit?

>"Hey, I need you guys to draw my anime"
>Sure, the rate is 20$ per frame
>"wow that's too expensive i only have enough to pay 3$ per frame"
>don't worry, let me just pull my pants down and I'll draw your anime with my ass instead
???

What kind of self-respecting professional has such shitty work ethics that they will actually shit out something so hideous with their name on it?

They probably also had tight deadlines and staff shortages, knowing A-1

There's only a limited time to produce that shit so they stick with very limited quality control and keyframes, as well as putting in bad CGI to cut costs and time

Hell, there's some animes that fucking lower their frames per second, it's ridiculous

I guess it's something like:
>"Hey I have 3$ per frame, can you manage something?"
>"Yeah sure, have this piece of shit, buddy."

I remember when first booting up Apollo Justice after having finished the original trilogy, seeing Phoenix with a "PaPa" hat and saying he's got an adoptive daughter now. I thought for sure it would be Pearl and it would make absolute sense seeing how she could no way stay with her abusive mother. But nope, it was this new girl who we've never seen or heard of before and almost no character from the trilogy was present, least of all Pearl.

It kind of put me off to be honest.

You should watch Shirobako

AJ was a mistake. It would make perfect sense if Nick adopted Pearl, since she was left alone.

Back in my days low budget anime meant 10 seconds long camera span shots of otherwise still images. Honestly, I'd take that over this atrocity, at least I don't remember my favorite characters looking painfully off-model 90% of the time.

>Shirobako
I googled it, that doesn't seem half bad.

It's very good and gives insight how an anime is made and where things might go wrong

Who says he didn't?

Even back in the original trilogy Pearl and Maya lived alone in Kurain village yet it was implied that Phoenix was at the least providing for them. I remember him telling either Maya or Pearl to save up their allowances if they really wanted to go to the priestesses temple in AA3, and the flow of the conversation implied that it was him that provided said allowance.

I wonder...

>Naruhodo

It bothers me that he looks more like Apollo than Phoenix.

Thanks for the suggestion, might check it.

>5 Hour Investigations
Wrong
>Most annoying witnesses
More like cutest, Big Stop tops it
>A knife falling out of a window is somehow worse than a body pendulum
>Ignoring that that deduction was meant to be retardedly wrong and that you have to correct it

Wew lad.

Secret plottwist, Apollo is Naruhodos grandson, was kidnapped when young and Phoenix is the main villain in the series.

And yet he has a more charming personality that both of them, especially through his interactions with Holmes and Susato.

He's also the most charismatic protagonist, canonically.

After Payne essentially tried to kill Phoenix this game, should he be the first killer in AA7?

Gaspen as the real killer, Winston as prosecutor

Back in your day Japan had the economic bubble to cushion licensing and animation costs enough you can might high end illustrations for said 10 second spanning, and the studios that produced them likely didn't juggle 5-6 large products at the same time with 40 times the staff. There also wasn't Korean competitors at half the cost to an in-country animation studio.

The market has changed.

Seeing the difference in how Apollo-Athena reacts as an investigating duo compared Phoenix-Maya really shows me how different Apollo is as the 'straight man'.

>The Forgotten Turnabout

Eh, it's pretty good, but I wouldn't call it god tier.
Blaise makes Ga'ran look subtle, and makes a lot of stupid mistakes in order for the plot to work.
Amnesiac Kay was nice though.

Make it like Layton's games and make a prologue trilogy where Athena 'studied law' in Europe, just like how Ryuunosuke 'studies law' in London by being an attorney there there.

He's bad, but he can't be the most boring prosecutor when Winston existed. Or the Payne from DGS.

>Witness is sweating bullets
>But everyone is paying attention to the defense attorney who has the biggest shit eating grin on his face
>"Why are you smiling like that? It's creepy"
>"I smell fear"

The fucker is a Japanese student but manages to charm Londoners with his sheer attorney skills.

He's magical.

>Hugh Tongue O'Connor
>Robin and Juniper distanced from him once they enter the legal world proper

Just noticed that Apollo and Maya cannot co-exist. Good thing the former is removed from existence noe. He is to blame for DGS and GK2's lack of localization, the disappearance of Phoenix's other friends (prior to his removal anyways) as well as the series going digital only.
>inb4 Lamiroir plot
It'snot goong to be resolved since Phoenix and Maya takes a big priority over that unnecessary plotline. One of the reasons why DD is great is because everything spoilerrific from AJ is not canon.

>Charismatic enough to charm racist jurors
>Smart enough to work by himself
>Never even wanted to be an attorney, but managed to become the greatest attorney of his era.
>Sherlock fucking Holmes is his bro.
>His assistant is a qt legal assistant who masterminds the last case to help him win.
>Is actually a nice person, not a smart ass like Nick or Apollo
>Willingly plunges into a world of conspiracy for the sake of his departed friend.

Who /Ryunosukeboys/ here?

>guilty until proven innocent
>still guilty after proven innocent unless you find the real killer before leaving the courtroom
Does japan really have that kind of bullshit?

It is. SOJ is intended to give way for Phoenix's old friends to return again (Maya esp.) and it's obvious that Apollo must never co-exist with them.

Don't forget

>His lawyer superpowers are remembering past events in picture perfect detail and being really fucking good at deductions.

>still guilty after proven innocent unless you find the real killer before leaving the courtroom

I don't think they have this part, but otherwise it's not too far off

Gaspen Payne was more competent in 6-1

>Smart enough to work by himself
Ehh, he always had someone by his side. Either Asougi, Susato, Holmes or Iris. Agree with everything else, though.

His sprites are literally my favourites and the one you posted is probably the best one. Look at him, that smug japanese man, hanging his hand on his best friend's sword. He MUST swing that bad boy once. In investigations, in court, whatever.

She looks like she'd give a mean footjob to discipline her recruits.

Blame Apollo

Pearl is still a small kid. She's supposed to be almost Athena's age yet still looks younger than AA1 Maya.

>His assistant is a qt legal assistant who masterminds the last case to help him win
I find it interesting that just like Phoenix and Maya, Ryuunosuke and Susato also had a seven year age difference. Also that they end up splitting in the first game.

also that they won't ever end up together

This is now a Sherlock Holmes thread.

youtube.com/watch?v=bF_b4kimyYI

What will we investigate today, Cred Forums?

I get the impression that Apollo meets characters who act like weirdos specifically because they just want to mess with him.
I'm pretty sure that Athena for example says dumb shit mostly to get that sort of reaction from Apollo, while she seems to act a bit different when she deals with other characters like Phoenix or Blackquill, especially with the latter.

Competent at abusing the shit out of his home turf advantage you mean. He was still a dumbass for the most part, but at least he was smart enough to tell when he was ahead and savor every moment of it.

>complete absence of Apollo
Best case ever.

Have you read "The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes," Cred Forums? It's a best seller!

Because the AJ backlash is THAT big.

Give me a hand with this wall, won't you Cred Forums?

The DGS fan translation has finally captured my greatest line!

I'm kinda iffy on this interpretation of Sherlock as some hurried deductionist who misread people, but honestly his Theatre of Logic and Deductions had enough adults twirling around with mysterious headlights appearing from nowhere to make it my most favourite 'minigame' in the entire series.

Just imagining Phoenix (don't know who with) doing it makes me laugh.

It's more like your accomplishments are for nothing, since he got it first. This is my problem with Klavier.

And this is how I discovered the true killer!

I was expecting them to reveal time travel is real at the very end, when it's not at all relevant to the case. I mean we already have magic, time travel doesn't sound so farfetched.

Who is this mysterious gentleman?

Well, one of the key differences between Nick and Polly is that the latter plays along with his bullies, and he does have the best reactions out of the three protags, so yeah, pretty sure most characters just see the opportunity to mess with him and see no reason not to take it.

I want to BULLY Apollo!

Apollo's designer draw the DGS characters, so that could explain why Ryu and Susato look like Apollo and Trucy

Here's hoping DGS 2 makes the cases better so he can really shine.

Why, it's just me, Sherlock Holmes, Great Detective of the Foggy City!

I think in AA7 one of the bailiffs should be involved.

Also, that Detention Center guard.

>Gets susatossed around by the moodswinging assistant who distrusts him and gets toyed by the rapper detective jerk
Kek

What do you lot think of a game I've been thinking of creating. I call it...

"Sherlock Holmes: Great Detective And Master of Abductive Reasoning and Rapid-Fire Deductions."

Gotta sell that nippon might though, and who better to show up than Sherlock, the west's arguably greatest detective.

>moodswinging assistant who distrusts him
He's probably her third favourite guy after Sherlock and Asougi, to be fair.

Third place allowed you to be tossed around once in a while.

Let that daughter of your previous assistant make the deductions for once.

Is it always you in these threads? I swear to god I've seen this exact same argument every single time.

>Lost his badge to an idiotic unbelievable reason
There's nothing idiotic or unbelievable about it. This is like saying that Maya was abducted for an "idiotic unbelievable reason" in 2-4.

DGS actually portrays Japan as a really shitty country. The first case uses the standard Ace Attorney single judge system, where the prosecution is smug and superficial, key evidence is destroyed and nobody really bats an eye, and in the end the killer gets away with it because it would damage national relations with Britain.

The British Empire's jurist system in comparison is portrayed much more fairly. Hell, the motivations of a key character tie into changing his nation's legal system.

It makes sense though considering AA has always been about criticizing the Japanese legal system.

I hate that DGS had so many unanswered questions at the end. I hate it even more because Capcom's not gonna localize it. And if it's going to be a trilogy, then likely DGS2 is going to come up with more unanswered questions as well.

fuck

>Cliffhangers and teasers, a storytelling technique that has existed since the 19th century, are suddenly bad.

I think we need a new assistant. I thought Maya was supposed to be more mature throughout the years, but acts like she hasn't aged a day. Touching and breaking shit she isn't supposed to touch and fooling around during the crime scene are just examples of this.

I have enjoyed my time with you immensely, Cred Forums!

>we need a new assistant
Phoenix had been messing around with new assistants the past three games. Clearly he need to have an "Assistant Competition" where only the best can be his one and only assistant.

Maya can be the wife or whatever

I want to fuck Ema!

I was referring to Naruhodo-kun. He's pretty much in line with what I except from Imperial Japan bashing.

>Japan is bad
>but only a supremely capable Japanese man can salvage it
>He's so capable he's actually better than other countries' premiere leader of whatever x Japan is bad at

Weird stocking+shorts+hat combo

Haven't played AA6 yet, but spoil me please. Why does Phoenix prosecute a case and which one?

It took some time for her to find her style

>There's nothing idiotic or unbelievable about ruining men's lives over poker.

It was a shitty cause, fuck off.

>Maya can be the wife
NEVER EVER

Holmes getting shown up isn't something to make Ryu look good.

Hell, he gets shown up by a 9 year old loli.

Which AA girl aged the best?

>Why does Phoenix prosecute a case and which one?
So in the AA world, civil cases have two defense attorneys, because they have two different 'defendants'. So by the technical definition of the game Phoenix never prosecuted a case.

Oh yeah the civil case is about Phoenix's defendant claiming the items found by Apollo's defendant belongs to him, so you spend the first part of Case 5 doing this case.

It turns out to be a murder case, of course.

Apollo has had ENOUGH bullying

GRAMARYES

fuck them

literally everything wrong in AJ is because of one or more of them.

Don't forget the boots and the labcoat. I'm not sure if the designer made her look like a clown on purpose. Maybe she's meant to be in that weird college phase were you either get a stupid haircut or dress like an idiot for a while?

And yet, despite being bullied all the way, he is literally the best defense attorney in the game. Or maybe he shares first place with Phoenix.

I respectively disagree. I definitely felt like Shu overdid it lampooning Sherlock, but I maybe I'm just expecting too much from a Japanese comedy murder mystery VN.

Her thinking swaying animation is so incredibly cute holy shit

Nahyuta had a good sense taking her to places, she sticks with him now. Unless Edgeworth is involved somehow, of course.

Ema is pretty much the only one that aged, and she's a 10/10 girl. Maya just looks weird and Pearls is a midget. Also, if Franny ever shows up again she's going to be a 100% dominatrix dyke, you can bet your ass on

I hope we get to see Kay show up in the mainline. Since she's the AAI's team baby, I'm sure Capcom will let them get creative with her.

Ema was cute as hell in AA6

>Women bully him all game
>Apollo has enough and fucks off to Khurain
>Trucy and Athena immediately panic and beg for his cock now that he's gone

Sweet Justice

I felt it went too far when they said Iris was the writer and she faked things to make him look smarter ("make the case more interesting").

To be fair, detectives don't always have a good life in the franchise. It takes literally the greatest detective ever to get some respect.

And even then the prosecutor still gives him shit

Certainly everything involving the "best" cases' storyline. It definitely suffered from a slew of other things though.

>pic
He totally deserved at least 3 out of 4 of those reactions.

>Lampooning

Shu Takumi loves Sherlock Holmes, the entire premise he wanted for Ace Attorney was a game about him.

Make the case more interesting doesn't necessarily mean she made him look smarter. It's stuff like making the Hound of the Baskervilles attack Holmes and Watson.

And Barok never gives him shit, he just says that the expertise of a person from stories can't be admissible in a court of law.

Kristoph's motive had nothing to do with poker. Zak was the idiot that thought it was a good way to pick an attorney.

Also, DD's explanation on black psyche locks is non-canon. The real explanation is that Kristoph really is satan and he did it all for the lulz.

I like how Apollo attempts to run away from Ema the first time they met in 6-2, it's clear that he has been traumatized by his past encounters with her.

Well, judging from the DLC case, Athena doesn't mix well with Trucy. She doesn't have the same constitution.

It takes strength to be bullied.

They're just sad that they've lost their favorite target for bullying. It doesn't matter because Trucy is now taking it out on Athena instead.

CUTEST

and perfect.

She even does it in court, she must be the idol of the forensic department.

>Athena has black psyche locks, does that mean she's satan too?
The best of Ema. Thanks!

What is their fucking problem?

His life was ruined because of a game of poker. That's what actually happened. I don't give a fuck about Kristoph or Zak, but if you're going to completely ruin a character's reputation in canon MAYBE come up with a better cause than a god damn card game.

Why do people have to talk Phoenix down in order to like Apollo and vice versa?

The only one I thought he deserved was the Retinz one
>"Talk to the hand, KA-POW!"
The Trucy one was just him introducing her, the Ema one was just him looking at her after SHE explained about the backstage, he also still has PTSD from her after their first encounter, and Athena shouldn't be calling anyone a drama queen

Literally no chill.

Athena only likes the soft bullying from Simon, Trucy is too hardcore for her.

it was cute

Well he can love the character, but I still think he went too far with his depiction.

>Athena has black psyche locks, does that mean she's satan too?
You know, I have always wanted to see the more mature Maya to have psyche-locks and she could avoid Phoenix using the magatama on her.

I mean, by now I expect she should be good with manipulating psyche-locks. She should be able to come up with SIX locks.

Holmes has made mistakes before. Just look at The Adventure of the Yellow Face.

Holmes in DGS is a character that wouldn't work if Takumi didn't know a lot about Holme stories, his characterization was intentional, and I think it's a nice change of pace from how he's usually portrayed.

I want to see Apollo bully her once.

A life of tricks and gimmicks turns you that way.

>Athena is now on double toilet duty
>Athena is now Trucy's guinea pig
Seeing now what Apollo goes through, maybe now she'll bully him less

I want to fuck her in the butt.

Yes, he's made mistakes but I don't think he's ever had the demeanor and mannerisms specific to DGS, hence my belief it was a stretch of his character. I will agree it's not he isn't mister perfect investigator, but as I mentioned earlier I still think that's also partly so he can shill Naruhodo being a very capable would be attorney.

Are Apollo and Trucy aware that Lamiroir was a magician that worked with the Gramaryes in the past? I forget. It struck me as weird that neither of them pointed it out when talking about the poster.

Also, Valant did NOTHING WRONG.

5-3

Apollo had taken two powerful dragons (or dragon+phoenix) inside him, clearly it's time for him to unleash his own dragon.

>more mature Maya
Literally never ever. Enjoy your mentally challenged 35 years old.

They don't know, but both have mentioned being inexplicably relaxed around her, and Apollo specifically has mentioned there's something about Trucy's smile that makes him unable to say no so they don't know but they are subconsciously aware.

The bullying was mutual. You can tell they've done a number on each other's self-esteem by comparing their interactions from DD to SoJ.

A three year old can be more mature than a two year old, that's how relative terms like 'more mature' work, user. Also, it's 'mentally challenged 28 years old'. Phoenix is 35.

Fuck, Phoenix is 35? I didn't realize that he's now older than Godot.

>there's something about Trucy's smile that makes him unable to say no
APOLLO GONNA FUCK HIS SISTER

too bad dhurke dies before knowing that 'marriage material' is apollo's sister

>both have mentioned being inexplicably relaxed around her
He even has her song as his ringtone

Dhurke turns out to be those tumblrites who misinterprets familial love with romantic love and ships brother-sister couples.

I mean Trucy

This

>Apollo bullying Trucy
That statement goes on the NEVER EVER list along with Phoenix x Maya and DGS localization

they can be 'civil partners' in addition to being 'legal partners'.

>Apollo bullying Trucy
C'mon, user, it's not that bad and you know it.

Just once wouldn't hurt anybody! Trucy is a big girl now, she can take it!

High definition wafer.

Wonder why her 'shocked' pose resemble Dahlia's. Just a nice callback, or does it hide something more sinister?

Probably just a callback

Why does Capcom keep inventing new characters like Sebastian and Rayfa and giving them parts of Franziska's arc instead of just developing Franziska?

Reached case 4; first three cases were pretty great overall but holy fuck this case is not looking promising.

6-4 is like 3-4 or 5-4, except without the added significant of being a prequel to a more important case.

it's there mainly for Athena to have a case of her own.

Franziska is now old,nipps want some fresh pussy.

It's the only bad case in the game

Why is Maya there then

Fanservice.
Besides she's more popular than Franziska ever was.

4 starts out shitty but it gets better. Easily the weakest case in the game though. It's short and 5 more than makes up for it though.

I doubt it's even that.

Maya is endearing. fran is a headache.

What you should have said is why is Larry there?

Where are the ladies, there is Larry.

Also on the NEVER EVER box, alongside DGS/AAI2 localization, is Larry having a wonderful romance with a woman who loved him.

Psst, user... want some Larry/Maya action? I sure do.

Since Phoenix is never ever tapping that, sure, why not

Wonder which one of them will be accused of murder when they stumble upon a corpse, though.

I know Larry isn't above stealing another man's woman but would he really cuck Phoenix?

>would he really cuck Phoenix
You can't cuck someone he had no romantic interest on

> another man's woman
> cuck Phoenix
> Maya
That's not real, user. Let go and move on.

Larry will be accused and Maya gets kidnapped.

And somehow both will be accused as accomplices.

>larry
>make a woman fall for him

Birds fly, grass grows and larry fails

And they are.

He did chase after Iris in 3-5.

I wonder if Apollo or Athena will have as heroic a moment as Phoenix running over a burning bridge in 3-5.

Apollo's been shown to be pretty brutal when he makes fun of people. I'm pretty sure he would make Trucy cry if he bullies her

DON'T TOUCH MY TRUCY

> make Trucy cry
In a good way you mean...

There was that one time where he protected Juniper from that falling rubble

Apollo was arguably standing up to the queen at gunpoint.

Athena's so far is being Trucy's magic bitch

meant for

I'm surprised there was no sarcastic remarks or jokes about how it actually WAS the butler that did it. I mean it's one of the oldest fucking cliches in the book, but they played it totally fucking straight.

I like Apollo and I like the focus that Spirit of Justice gave him, but the game could have done its fifth case better. The first trial in that case was over and done with too fast to really get the same emotional weight as 2-4.

Maybe if they cut out 90% of the flashbacks to things that literally just happened they could have done more.

>That BEST GIRL cameo in AA6

I was reminded of Sonic Adventure when I saw the quote in that pic

>Spirit of Justice
I JUST GOT IT

Spirit of "JUSTICE"

FUCK I'M RETARDED

If only because she's had only two cases to her name and hasn't gotten to develop much as a character.

Gumshoe literally became retarded in this game. "How do you use logic?" Fuck off, writers.

The only good thing to come out of this game was Calisto Yew trolling Edgeworth for two cases.

>the ending of SoJ was intended to wright Apollo off
>wright
Oh you.

I wish Phoenix would stop overreacting so much in AA

>BEST GIRL
You have a really twisted taste, user.

meanwhile we still can't figure out if Dual Destinies refers to Athena and Blackquill or Athena and Apollo

Don't forget Calisto Yew was into Edgeworth wanting to see her shoes.

> Athena and Blackquill
Obviously

The last case literally involves using the spirit of (Jove) Justice, user.

To expand on that, I really hate that Phoenix is supposed to be an Ace Attorney now and a lot cooler under pressure, given how he's shown in AA4's flashback case.

Yeah, I know, AA4 sucked, but it still happened.

Anyway, it just really bothers me that Phoenix is supposed to be a veteran attorney at this point with a ton of experience and he sweats on the stand as much as Apollo or Athena.

It was really frustrating to go up against him in Case 5 and he makes the shocked 'AAAAH!' face when Apollo points out the initials on the email. Literally the first objection of the case.

>spoiler
FUCK I'M RETARDED SQUARED

no wonder I've used the Consultation like, three times.

He's not gonna get away with this!

>the Judge gives Apollo a penalty for this

With the civil case in SoJ, I was really hoping to see some growth in Phoenix.

What I expected
>After looking at the evidence, the most likely truth was that Paul Atishion was the murderer
>By defending him in this civil case, I was able to test your skills while we both worked to find the truth
>It all went according to plan, and you've made me proud Apollo

What I got
>fuck Maya is kidnapped again
>shit I guess I have to help this scumbag
>Apollo is here, fuck I gotta stop him
>p-please Mr Atishion I'll do whatever you say
>thanks for bailing me out and finding the murderer Apollo

It would have been a PERFECT moment to keep some of bum Phoenix's sneakiness and planning, not to mention his confidence, but instead he was mostly still acting like a fucking rookie. With his skills and knowledge, he should have known from minute 1 that Atishion was the murderer and plotted to take him down. Its not like him going to jail ended up causing Maya any harm.

>Valant did NOTHING WRONG.

He framed a guy for murder to get the rights to some magic tricks. This also led to Phoenix losing his badge and Kristoph killing a guy.

So Valant literally caused Ace Attorney 4 to happen, which is an unforgivable sin.

He knew that Atishon was the murderer. He just couldn't do anything about it since he thought Inga had Maya.

Really, Dhurke could have alleviated literally all of the problems in the first half of Case 5 by being upfront about his condition.

COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF PUNNY NAMES

Case 1

Ahlbi Ur'gaid = "I'll be your guide"
Paht Rohl = "Patrol"
Peeslub'n Ahndastan'dhin = "Peace, love and understanding"

Case 2

Mr. Reus = "Mysterious" (BONUS ROUND: "Reus" is Latin for "guilty")
Manov Mistree = "Man of mystery"
Bonny/Betty de Famme = "Bunny/Batty" + "defame"
Roger Retinz = "Ratings Raja"

Case 3

Tahrust Inmee = "Trust in me"
Beh'leeb Inmee = "Believe in me"
Purhay Zeh'lot = "Prays a lot" (BONUS ROUND: "Zeh'lot" is a homonym for "Zealot," or "a person who is fanatical and uncompromising in pursuit of their religious, political, or other ideals")
Datz Are'bel = "That's a rebel"
Lady Kee'ra = "Ladykiller" or simply "Lady Killer"
Rheel Neh'mu = "Take a wild f*cking guess"

Case 4

Taifu Toneido = "Typhoon" + "Tornado"
Geiru Toneido = "Gale" + "Tornado"
Uendo Toneido = "Wind" + "Tornado"
Bucky Whet = "Buckwheat" (BONUS ROUND: The Whet family business could be a callback to this line from the first game.)

Case 5

Archie Buff = "Archaeology buff"
Armie Buff = "Army buff"
Abe Atishon = Either "Abe Lincoln" or a reference to Japanese PM Shinzo Abe
Paul Atishon = "Donald Trump"
Jove Justice = "Jupiter" (Roman mythology's equivalent to Zeus, the father of Apollo) + "Justice"
Inga Karkhuul Haw'kohd Dis'nahm Bi'ahni Lawga Ormo Pohmpus Da'nit Ar'edi Iz Khura'in III = "How could this name be any longer or more pompous than it already is"
Faitah Inmee = Either "Faith in me" or "Fighter in me"

>Hobophoenix completely goes against what the first 3 games established for him as a character

Guess what retard, Hobo Nick was the result of his fall from grace, it made sense that he fucking changed as a person. is right, the thing that went wrong was that Nick didn't develop at all afterwards, except learning how to put on a brave face for his new underlings.

She looks ugly here but the front shots of her in her mood matrix section is adorable

>no one ever mentions Reus = Ruse

>He just couldn't do anything about it since he thought Inga had Maya

that would make sense if Inga said something like "give Atishion the orb or the broad gets it," but he gave 0 fucks about Paul going to jail, he just wanted the orb, so what was the point of Nick genuinely defending Paul?

>Datz Are'bal = "That's a rebel"
I thought it was "That airball" since he does that alley oop thing and I imagine airball is some basketball thing

He had no contact with Inga, only Atishon. And throughout the trial, Atishon kept saying things to the effect of "If I go down for this, I'm taking Maya with me."

He didn't even know it was Inga behind it, due to the voice modulator, until Dhurke was like "Oh, hey, it's the guy that killed me."

I can understand Nick acting that way during the trial, but if it was written that Atistion going to Jail would have no effect on anything else story wise, then why not use that to give Nick a chance to shine? They could have easily had something like
>Inga speaks to Nick on the phone before trial
>says he wants the orb in exchange for Maya
>Nick sends Atishion to jail,
>When he talks to Inga again after the trial, he tells him that he still has the orb and Inga can't harm Maya if he wants to get it

It would have made him feel like the smooth operator he was in 4, without changing around any major story points, it just felt like a wasted opportunity to show how he developed

Flight attendants?

I hate Blackquill but that scene is glorious

>smooth operator he was in 4
Clearly the smooth, conniving Phoenix we see in AA4 takes seven years of grudge, planning and preparation. Days just aren't enough.

Her feet must be awfully soft given how she never walked around.

Bordering on pedal atrophy, I guess. The muscles and soft tissue probably withers from lack of usage

> I hate Blackquill
What are you? A brick?

>Benefactor X needs the orb
>Benefactor X will give me Maya in exchange for the orb
>Therefore, I can jail Atishion and still have the orb to get Maya back safely

does not take years to plan out

Clearly Phoenix just breaks down and stop thinking once Maya is in danger.

If Maya is accused of crime during his seven years of non-lawyering, I don't know what he'll do.

They just reused 2-4 all over again, nothing new here.

Fag who hasn't played DD or SoJ here
can someone explain why phoenix has blue eyes and if the new games are worth playing

Play them but don't expect much and realise that it's not the trilogy anymore.
The 3D might seem odd at first but you'd get used to it.

>why phoenix has blue eyes

Never explained.

>if the new games are worth playing
Yes. They're not the best AA games, but still decent and worth your time. Certainly a step-up from AA4 at least.

Then again, I literally bought a N3DS for SoJ because Maya returns there, so my opinions probably suck

>Just started PLvs PW

Why can't the animations be this good in the main series

I'm not sure how I feel about Maya's voice though

>can someone explain why phoenix has blue eyes

I didn't notice that actually. In his DD portrait it's black but it when blue randomly in SoJ.

As for the game, if you already have a 3DS then yes it's definitely worth your time. Personally I thought DD was average overall, but SoJ I found surprisingly really good.

The knife didn't change, the assumption of how it got there change. And it seems you are the one ignore physics if you still don't even bother accounting for the position of the window.

I think both DD and SoJ used the same engine that PLvsPW did? Don't quote me on that.

Nope

I always thought that it was an anagram for "Lare'Badtz"

I imagine Datz would have an easier time finding girls than Larry.

>Paul Atishon = "Donald Trump"

No, Paul Atishon = Politician
he's a amalgamation of various politicians, which should be obvious from his various slogan lift.
Not to mention his his fist pump action, which in US some call it the 'Clinton Thumb', and in the UK is know as the despise it as the 'Tory Knuckle' (although Tony Blair really loved doing it).

Dhurke is just a big kidder and was just messing with them.

Professor Layton's second trilogy is a prequel, while Phoenix Wright's is a sequel.

Then we'll have Lady Layton, so clearly next is Lady Wright.

Ace Attorney/Magician, here we go.

But they didn't justify it. The root cause was a poker game. He took the case because of a poker game, Trucy giving him the forged evidence by chance and nobody calling Klavier, a newbie standing against a displayed veteran, on why he would instantaneously know that specific piece of evidence was forged. All these unbelievable convenient things JUST to justify completely gutting his character

Yeah sure it was 7 years and he had a kid to look after now. That's not the cause. That's a clarification on the cause. The cause is still Phoenix winning a poker game and being set up because of it. I never said he couldn't change as mentioned here but as I elaborate in and their justification for necessitating the change was awful and fucking retarded. Hobo phoenix, as depicted AND justified in AJ, was a mistake.

Personally I thought it was "That's horrible"

DD was a different engine. Precursor to DGS.

DGS finalized a new engine. SOJ used it and DGS2 will reuse it.

>can someone explain why phoenix has blue eyes
It's been that way since the DS games, at least in the artwork.

>Turnabout Time Travel
>Beginning of the case suggests legitimate time travel shenanigans
>Given the fact that the series delves into spirits, mediums, and living dead, time travel wouldn't be that far-fetched in the universe
>It's just a ruse and the time travel is a metaphor.
>I'm disappointed.

Why does SoJ not have animation transitions like DGS?

Like... in DGS a character, if they have a "thinking" emote, will physically move their arm down to a neutral pose when moving to a different emotion.

In SoJ, they roughly cut to different animations like in the original trilogy.

I don't get it.

Here's your (You)

You forgot
A'nohn Ihmus (TBD) = Anonymous (To be determined)

DGS uses mocap. SoJ does not.

Edgeworth in 6-S has some pretty smooth animations

My one gripe about Edgeworth's animation is his "finger wagging" animation. Instead of moving just his finger he moves his whole hand and it looks weird

I think the devs said back when making DD that they wanted to imitate the style of the 2d games.

It's time to bully Trucy

Imitating 2D in a 3D game looks very bad. It should have taken advantage of its 3D style instead of trying to copy the 2D games.

DGS, for all its faults, takes advantage of its 3D style.

Devious Trucy's a best

>This taste is the taste of a liar!

Yeah, I doubt we'll see Phoenix twirling around and clicking his fingers as the suspicious person stood under a spotlight anytime soon.

>Sneakiness and planning

He had ONE DAY to prepare. Not seven years like in AA4.

Why do people act like Nick is some kinda ruse master when he the only reason he was so on top of the game in AA4 was because he had seven whole years of prep time?

Where was this cameo? Was it the flowers?

>It would have been a PERFECT moment
It would literally just be a retread of 2-4 and we'd be complaining about that too.

They should've saved Phoenix acting as a Prosecutor as the penultimate case to end the franchise when Phoenix has lost faith in the system.

Apollo Justice: Asinine Attorney

>nobody calling Klavier, a newbie standing against a displayed veteran, on why he would instantaneously know that specific piece of evidence was forged
He was a genius prosecutor.

You can't expect critical thinking from AJfags.

Source?

So was Edgeworth, the Von Karmas, and Godot. He beat them all multiple times except Manfred who beat so hard he died in prison. Give Nick some fucking credit, and do an investigation into why Klavier would know that. It was shady as fuck and blatantly staged.

SoJ does have mocap as well, it's just that the devs wanted to imitate the sprites of the old games with the 3D models.

Oh right, I didn't bother with that, I just went ahead and bought the DLC case.

Nothing in your post says why Klavier needed to be called out. To everyone, he was just another genius prosecutor that knew what he was doing on his first day. Nothing out of the ordinary in a world where prosecutors are rarely challenged by anyone other than the defense.

>Why do people act like Nick is some kinda ruse master
He's shown that side in 1-5 and 3-3 too.

Yeah, the Asinine ones aren't really worth the money.

Manfred was pure luck, if he hadn't gotten that bullet from Maya, he'd have fucking lost.

He was blatantly led into a situation to present the evidence he just happened on thanks to Trucy, and the second he presents Klavier has a witness, the supposed creator, ready to confirm the evidence is, in fact, fake? No investigation whatever? The absolutely fuck.

>The absolutely fuck.
Yes, this is how Japanifornia's Legal System works if you haven't noticed by now. Did you forget Edgeworth regularly used forged evidence and not once did he ever got called out on it?

>???: If you don't want to see me
give the pretty little girl
a new smile, do as I say!

Trucy's pretty scary underneath, we need more of that

In those games, however, he's also the one in the right. He had no cards in that trial. He was the bad guy, so none of the evidence supported him.

Yeah but all the other games make a point of the good guy winning and true due process winning the day. furthermore all those cases with Edgeworth were not involved the actual legal process of the country. If a supposed attorney did commit fraudulent evidence it'd be a huge deal and spark a huge investigation like DD sorta touches on. It wouldn't just be a "oh yeah it all phoenix". It was even decided by OTHER attorneys.

does anyone else remember that she faked kidnapping herself in aj to keep a trial going

She also was a notorious card shark and aided a suspected criminal's get away.

Trucy is a cold blooded thug.

this is a cold blooded thug