Why havent you hacked your 3ds yet?

why havent you hacked your 3ds yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Homebrew-Launcher-(Browser)
youtube.com/watch?v=IE-mLOs84ag
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Move-EmuNAND
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because I don't feel like it?

Support for newer firmware. Process to acquire pirated games needs to be more streamlined so less steps.

Step 1. Follow super simple tutorial
Step 2. Install freeshop
Step 3. Get games.

If I do, will you stop shilling these threads? No? Then piss off.

because I have a 2ds and no idea what I would do with it

Because I'll hack the new one I get at the end of the month. The constant bombardment of these threads over the months have convinced me to.

I did and it was the best decision I made. Going to do a Vita soon.

It supports 11.1 faggot and getting games is simple

>open freeshop
>search game
>download
>play

fag

>freeshop

Best shit ever. Yeah, download speed is slow because 3DS but fuck it. Still better than requiring double the amount of space to install CIA in classical manner or prone to failure FTP connection.

people want it to be a simply c/p job and that's never gonna happen

The later days of PSP, when Pandora batteries were no longer needed and you did not have to do a patch ISO routine were amazing.
Run this CFW that installs iself, copy isos to your SD card, enjoy games.

any effort on my part is too much for me

good times ;_;

Don't worry, friendo. Gonna do it when I get home.

Can anyone give me a brief explanation on how to do this? Read the github and I guess I need a certain game to do this?

gonna do it soon, u just get a SD card reader for your desktop and a 32gb card to get started and that's it right? pls tell if i'm missing suttin

My browser says I need to update, am I not able to use the browser hacks anymore, or is there a work around?

I have rxtools/menuhax still, i need to update to a9lh/lumas. I'm just nervous about where to start in the new guide and fucking it all up.

What firmware is your 3DS on? If its 10.7.0-32 or higher then you cant use browserhax.

I switched from emuNAND to A9LH the other night.

Shit is amazing.

Start at the beginning silly.

It might seem like a lot, but it's really easy.
A bit time consuming though.

At least switch to Luma, cause rxtools is outdated as fuck.

I did.
>buy the Mario 3dland bundle confirmed for 10.7 firmware with the slick retro faceplates
>buy powersaves and 128gb
>spend one agonizing night thinking I bricked my newly bought 3ds halfway through hacking
>realize it was only a partial brick and re-apply OOThax so it works on 9.2 firmware.
>successfully hack 3ds and install freeshop
>spend 2+ days downloading all the 3ds games worth getting
>install CIA's of games not on freeshop like Tales of the Abyss, Special Edition of Fire Emblem Fates, and X-Zone 2.
>Install uncensored versions of all games Cred Forums has bitched about just for the sake of it
>back up my 30+ hour DQ7 save from my cart to continue on a digital version with orchestra music hacked in
>download 50+ GBA and SNES injected games.
>spend an entire afternoon devising a way to sort all my fucking games in folders
>realize I got a TN screen and suddenly lose all my urge to play

fuck.

Do I start here and skip to the Decrypt9 installation since I have menuhax and my sysnand is on 9.2 already? From what I can tell all the work to install a9lh is done on sysnand and you effectively ignore emunand until you move it over.

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Homebrew-Launcher-(Browser)

my 3ds is 11.0.0-33E

am I fucked?

I've already purchased over a dozen games on the eshop.
Plus i like supporting game that i like, so I'll end up buying them eventually anyway so why bother.
Same thing happened with the psp.

fucked if you cant solder or have a friend who has a hacked 3ds.

what is a TN screen

I have a soldering iron and know how to use it.

We talking hardmodding something onto the 3ds?

If that is how you access the homebrew launcher, yes.

Also, if you're going to move your emunand, then you can probably skip the part about injecting FBI if it's already installed to your emunand.

I was disappointed that DS games scale like shit on 3DS in comparison to DS XL, so I borrowed it to my friend a few years ago. It already was "hacked", though - I had emunand and Gateway.

Maybe I should take it back - I want to play Soul Hackers and SMT4A

someone for the love of god tell me what games that aren't weeb and are not pokemon mainline games on the 3ds that are worth getting

i can get a new 3ds xl pretty cheap but it's pointless if it has no gaems, only really want it for heartgold/soulsilver and i'm not spending $100au for that if that's all it has

Depending on your definition of weeb, SMT IV is pretty good.

I'd also recommend Virtue's Last reward if you've played Zero Escape:999.

Kirby Planet Robobot is really good.

Should I get a regular New 3DS or the XL version?

>>what is a TN screen

The majority of lcds are either TN or IPS. TN is older tech so it's cheaper to produce. IPS screens have superior color accuracy (less washed out), better contrast (darker blacks) and superior viewing angles (light colors won't turn gray/white at an angle). I played Revelations and the fmv sequences where grays as fuck while in this video they look like how you'd expect a horror game to look.

youtube.com/watch?v=IE-mLOs84ag

IPS screens are not part of the intended design for 3ds, they're just slapped onto certain models because Ninty was low on stock during some production runs. Nintendo quality control is shit so even if you get a coveted IPS screen there's a chance it might have a blue, red, or piss colored tint because it wasn't calibrated well.

XL version you twat. Anyone complaining about "muh stretched pixels" is a faggot

I did, but I was trying to autoboot it and fucked it up, at least the SD card. When it turns on it just goes straight to a black screen.

It was either CtrBoot or MenuHack that I installed and put it as 9.2. I think I might have had to put it for the latest firmware.

I remember when Dev_Hook was the only hack. You actually had to copy all the files in the ISOs to the PSP.

I was wondering about the FBI injection, too. I think it might overwrite my outdated version, but the guide has you installing it as a .cia anyway, so I'll just do that.

Thanks for the help/reassurance.

my n3ds' sysnand is on 9.2 but i'm still on emunand

only reason why i havent done the new otp-less method for a9lh is because i can't seem to find a non back-breaking method for transferring the saves from my games from my emunand partition to a9lh

I don't know how the fuck to hack it. Any good guides to explain to me how?

No problem, and good luck with A9LH.

I know it seems pretty scary, but as long as you follow the instructions, then it's a cakewalk.

I don't know if N3DS is different when it comes to transferring emunand stuff to A9LH, but all you do is just make a file with hourglass, back up the contents of your SD card, format it with emunand9, and then transfer the files back to your SD card.

>github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

How does online multiplayer work with the free games?

the same

I did rx tools a while ago, can i add freeshop on that, or do i need another thing?

anyone knows how do you get all games to show up on freeshop? i set up mine using a youtube video but it only shows like 600 games and not stuff i actually want like kingdom hearts or the tales games

you cant get certain games, one of them is kingdom hearts, and probably tales too

then it's not as good people in this thread make it out to be

freeshop connects to the nintendo server to download games, and some games were never sold digitally like kh, so you have to get that online yourself. you can update the game library by getting the title keys, but its not updated in real time like the actual shop is so you might not be able to get a really new game yet.

I think you can do freeShop on any kind of EmuNAND or CFW setup.

Doing a9lh is highly recommended though, so you no longer have to use an EmuNAND with its flakier boot rates and issues with DSiWare and GBA titles.

Supports 11.1? This is the first time I heard about it. No need to downgrade? Explain.

Yeah I started replaying Chrono Trigger DS a week ago and the beautiful pixel art looks horrible on 3DS. I would play on emulator if I hadn't gotten so many saves corrupted etc.

How would i go about switching?

you still need to hardmod it or use another hacked 3ds

New 3DS obviously. Not caring about not ruining how games look is ultra faggotry like this guy

i play mine all the time. i have never noticed anything like that, because no game gets ruined

so i got a old 3dfs and a n3ds, the new one is on 11.0.0-33E and the old one is on 7.2.0-12E.

So i can hax my old 3ds and use it to downgrade my n3ds to hax it too?

I haven't any experience with RXtools specifically, but my understanding is all you do is follow the Plailect Guide as usual depending on your SysNAND's firmware version (which is gonna be 9.2 or earlier because of how EmuNANDs work).
And during that, you'll follow the additional steps for transferring your EmuNAND to your SysNAND.

ya. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki