It's October, you know what that means? Time to replay the best Resident Evil game! Which is the better order:

it's October, you know what that means? Time to replay the best Resident Evil game! Which is the better order:
Clare A > Lean B
or
Lean A > Claire B
strawpoll.me/11354359

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=M6GwT2ARlNY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm playing RE1 and I'm getting fed up with this puzzle. I press 345 and not a god damn thing happens as Jill.

Well Claire a/ Leon b is canon user so...

You said best Resident Evil game, but didn't post a picture of it.

I'd rather replay the best Castlevania game,you know the one

How? That fucker got his head blown off.

>that feel when finally bored of RE2 after 15 years of autistic replaying

feels bad
feels very bad man

Im not there yet user, im not there yet.

Every Oct I "try" to stream a horror game eveyday for the enire month. The first 2 days has been dicated to being RE:DC on Arrange because I never done it before.
HOLY SHIT NIGGER ITS HARD.

when is the fucking remake coming?

why is it 'canon'? It only establishes something in the story that the reverse route doesn't, Leon A and Claire B overall makes more sense.

Can anyone help me with this Guardhouse keypad?

You will soon realize that arrange is actually way easier because handgun has critical headshots and they happen often as fuck.

Later.

Glitch. If you try to burn the crimson head before he's scripted to wake up (ie when you have the fake key to solve the death bust puzzle), he wakes up. Then if you don't burn it after this and proceed to the room where the death bust puzzle is, the scripted jump scare kicks in.
Apparently we're getting more word when they release RE7.

Is that a fucking Mod? I am all the fuck about that.

Sherry does not get infected with the G-Virus in Leon a/ user.
It is litirally canon.

W-whu happens??! On phone, cant see weebums!

REmake 2 will give us a nice new Sherry model for SFM. I can't wait.

why did even bother to include Claire when she can't even use a shotgun and/or magnum etc.

grenade launcher is cool and all but the bowgun is a fucking disgrace, shoulda just been a shotty

The bowgun squish noise was satisfying as fuck, nigger.

Decapitated a crimson head. It fell over, then it got back up like it didn't give a fuck that it's decapitated.

>It is litirally canon.
you literally need to go back to school, and it was a trivial plot point.

>play Leon A/Claire B
>Sherry isn't infected
>play RE3/RE6
>Sherry is infected
>trivial plot point
?????????????????????????????????

N-no user!

I'm at the last Tyrant fight with no herbs, so two hits and I'm dead.
The only reason why its so fucking hard is because of all of those fucking hunters.

user... Im sorry but.. Im afraid RESIDENT EVIL 6 REALLY DID HAPPEN.

Its canon bruh, also it gives is best ending with Ada in Leon b.

Ah. Yeah, you fucked up somewhere.
Load an earlier save? You should avoid hunters as much as possible in mansion.

Without Sherry being infected, government agents have no reason to take her into custody for long-term observation and experimentation, which means Leon does not go with her to try to negotiate her freedom and then get denied, and he is thus never "offered" the agent training, which means RE4 never happens, either. Oh and Leon also isn't in RE6.

LOL such a trivial plot point.

To be honest with you, RE3's epilogue files set the plot for a lot more mysterious/intruiging stuff than what we got.

Leon was a cop, why the fuck would he hesitate to work for government? It's not like he was fucking blackmailed in RE4, despite that's what RE2/3 insinuate.

Basically 4 and onwards are just failed potential. I am still butthurt over the fate of resi games and the action cuckfest that they became, but ruining the story was even worse.

>inb4 RE always had shit story
It really didn't.

>You should avoid hunters as much as possible in mansion.
Believe me, I did. I didn't even go in the basement at fucking all because right when I went there after the snake, I got jumped by 3 of them.

One on the first Tyrant fight, I ended up using two herbs because right when the fight started he bitched slapped me. I used 2 save slots (one before the fight and one after) and even after fucking up so hard, I almost beat it. I was able to get to the rocket dropped without getting hit once, but when I went for it, fucker killed me and I raged quit.

Uhh isn't basement sort of optional if you want to get the magnum? That would make final boss a lot aesier.

So why did the Jap writers feel bad about using a nuke on Raccoon City in RE3 then retcon it to be an experimental superbomb and multiple cruise missiles in later releases, but then feel totally okay with using a nuke to destroy Tall Oaks in RE6?

I mean, what the fuck.

Nah in Arrange you get the Magnum super fucking early and with a fuck ton of ammo regardless. Even after messing up hard like I did, I still had more than enough magnum ammo to beat the Tyrant.

Ah fair enough, I keep mixing it up because RE1 has normal and ararnge, plus two characters each, its easy to fuck up.

First tyrant fight is generally easy because he hardly ever runs toward you, just keep the distance and unload on him. It's honestly not hard to fuck him up without getting touched at all. Its harder to avoid getting fucked up by those cunts in the lab area that crawl on the ceilings.

B-but i agreed eith you user ;_;

Yeah, I fucked up pretty hard. Only reason why I didn't just go back and redo it was because of the long cutscenes in between that aren't skippable.

I know m8, I was just futher elucidating how fucking retarded the TRIVIAL PLOT POINT user is.

Also you should really go down to the basement. There are two or three rooms that have like 3 green herbs each.

Plus its the ONLY reason Birkin is following you guise at all... It makes more sense that Sherry be in that train car than Ada...

I am at the very end of the game, I'm not walking all the way back and dealing with EVERYTHING I ran past for some herbs. Before fighting the Tyrant for first time, I had 3 mixed herbs and a first aid. If I really wanted to I can just reload that save, but its fun trying to beat it without getting hit once.

Hi everyone, I heard that recently the Umbrella's profit has gone down and they're looking for new employees, can you please show me where do I sign up? Thank you very much, you can have my eyeball if you want.

He should have just let the crimson head grab him again. I mean come on, what it is going to do? Bite you?

Idk if counts, but Darkside Chronicles made clear that Leon was blackmailed to join the secret service.

This would actually be really cute if in game, but generally 12-year-olds are not light.

It really doesn't count because Chronicle games are full of fucking plotholes. Sherry was going to be kept by the goverment whether Leon decided to join or not, as they did if you played RE6.

Sherry being probed for her entire life in a lab and then suddenly becoming a fucking anti-bioterror agent is only rivaled by the agent who "blackmailed" Leon becoming a president of US in terms of stupidity as far as writing goes.

>both of Sherry's parents are INSANE. How can it not be in her genes?
>they die.
>she is torn away from her new friends.
>they waste no time quarentining Sherry and doing all kinds of blood work on her throughout her teen years.
>prolly goes full Heather Mason for a bit before deciding that working hard, putting her life on the line for the people who took her years away from her, is in the best intrest of everyone else.
>She grows up to be well grounded, reasonable and compassionate for man despite all these things.

Sherry had a hard life. Sherry is a good person. ;_;7

They are not insane. If anything they are the best written side characters in the series.

>William is likeable mad scientist who didn't want to create evil shit as much as he just loved his work. Also arguably the best monster design in RE history
>Annette is rational and obviously more intelligent than fucking Leon because she figured Ada right away; she also doesn't give two shits about bio weapons and her only fault is that she loved her husband too much.

They may be geneius user, but as a teenager, William dedicated his life to researching Deseases for a company that would let him push harder than any W.H.O i.e TOTALLY ILLEGALL.

He worked tirelesly in a lab that took recived live subjects that "nobody would miss.", something carried on in all the labs he worked at.

Then a fellow researcher, also in the same position, was so in awe of him, that she had his child and married him.

As Wesker said about them both after Sherry's birth:
"There are no normal people working down here, everyone lost their sanity years long ago."

If they are not insane user, then they are beyond any kind of moral compass.

Amoral, for sure. But amoral and insane are two different things.
Irons was insane, for an instance. He is far worse lunatic in comparison.

>Amoral

Worse, id go as far to say, completely "without conscience."

And greedy as fuck, because he wanted to sell his work to the US Government behind Umbrella's back.

And Birkin was one of the people who worked on Lisa Trevor, a young teen. Birkin knew the circumstances of her family's death because of Spencer, he must have known such an action would put his own family in grave danger. But he did it anyway, and directly caused the Raccoon Outbreak because he was mad that Umbrella didn't pay him enough for the G-virus.

That kind of approach when writing villains always makes for a far more compelling experience then >LOL I JUST WANT TO WATCH THE WHOLE WORLD BURN
a la Wesker.

Which is why RE1-3 had so much appeal. You have these scientists/corporations that are absolutely unclear as far as their aspirations and endgame plans go. You never really know what is going on, they are fairly unreachable.
Can't fight what you can't see.

Lisa Trevor was really shoehorned into REmake and I don't think it should be considered canon.

But it is canon, user, regardless of what you think.

In reality, the Govenment must have had to protect Sherry from the imoptent rage of survivors and survivors famalies of the 100,000+ death toll of Racoon.

They would have changed her identity.

Same as Wesker's Report being canon then?

Wesker's Report is canon. Am I being baited?

You are not being bated, you are just talking about things you have zero knowledge in.

Wesker's Report literally ends with Wesker saying how Sherry is in his possession.

Retcons happen, friend. RE3 is still canon despite the explosion at the end being different in subsequent releases.

To be fair user, its likely that he may have had crooked connections at her holding facility, user.

Consider how she ended up working for the people who kept her, and how corrupt, they turned out being. Imgaine the wealth of information you could have by scratching Weskers back.

But this is, all just vidya games of course.

There are retcons and then there is writing that is so far fetched from being consistent where every game has a new writer and every game fucks up previous lore.

Yes, RE canon is completely fucked. I'm glad you've finally caught up with the rest of us.

Now we are just grasping at straws.

Wesker is so poorly written that he is literally a saturday morning cartoon villain. It's literally obvious that people who were making RE4 and onwards have never even bothered playing previous RE games.

>at point when RE5 is happening Wesker has: T virus, G virus, T-Veronica virus, Las Plagas and every other fucking thing in the existence
>NO I MUST UROBOROS

Way to completely miss the point you smut little shit.

The point is, retard, that retcons have been a staple of RE writing since 4 so you have to deal with it. Even Capcom have said Wesker's Report is canon. Wesker's Report and Wesker's Report 2 are unlockables in REmake Remastered.

RE Gun Survivor is also canon, which means Nikolai surviving RE3 is canon because he is the writer of a file in GS.

this desu

Yeah but that os why i said "its all just vidya"

We have to remember this all stems from a house with big animals and zombie people in it.

"JILL, look at THIS!"
"WHAT IS IT?"
"MY GUN JILL"
*unzips custom .44

>survivor is canon

Did you even play the damn game?

I did, the day it was released. What does playing it have to do with canon, m8

Not him user, but Resident Evil 0 is canon and speciffically mentions Sheena Island in the first minute.

Is this Ada from RE 1.5?

Fuck, I'm still mad about that,

All anyone remembers now, is RE4 ada. Even when they put her back in the old RE2 cocktail dress and pumps its syill the RE4 hair...

What's wrong with it? Isn't that a concept art? She's a professor for Umbrella back then wasn't she.

>bro up with Robert Kendo and Marvin
>Chief Irons is also a bro
>more violent
>you spend more time in the city instead of running through a couple of streets then go into the scary mans- I mean police station and then go into the mansion sew- I mean city sewers and then the mansion la- I mean city lab
>zombies have dismemberment mechanics
>no dumb SPY ADA bullshit that turns Leon into a beta cuck
still mad

>at point when RE5 is happening Wesker has: T virus, G virus, T-Veronica virus, Las Plagas and every other fucking thing in the existence
>NO I MUST UROBOROS
its like
>oh i'm smart
>lets experiment with shit that turn people into braindead good-for-nothing on me!
fuck people who did re5+

In case any of you were wondering what the fuck i am on about:

Ada's "asymmetrical bob" was a super poular hairstlye for girls in the 90's. Product of her time. Her RE4 hair is not the same... Pic related

I really hope The REmake 2 pays attention to the 1990's aesthetic...

RE 1, 2 and 3:
>a megaconglomerate does really shady shit to chase dem military contract profits end up causing a lot of fucking problems because their amoral pursuit of said profits leaves a lot of collateral damage
Re4, 5 and 6:
>evil cartoon villains who are part of super secret organisations want to take ova de wurld in some massive eugenics plot and TERRORISM

RE2 still ended up with dismemberment mechanics... Stabbed a whole arm off once.

And sometimes if you fire a shotgun close range it will, you know, blow their already weak torso in half and such...

Missing from RE4...

in 4 i didn't have problem with wesker , it still was wesker
>a new virus, lets get a sample
then 5 come around

They fucked up his character making him power hungry with all those stupid virus shit. He looks like a really intelligent individual without the need for all that.
They should've just made him a legend figure like Hunk/Krauser/Nikolai & disappeared like the rest, there's no need to fucking kill him off & in a stupid way.
I'm still glad to this day I didn't touch RE5 or 6.

tried Revelations was? it was free on ps+ and i dropped it , not even sure i want to play re6 for the sake of "i played it and confirmed it was shit like i saw at the vids"

None of the series has good writing. You're deluding yourself if any of the scripts got past menial B horror or tepid action movie in terms of narrative. Turning Wesker from a cliche bad guy to an over-the-top anime-like Neo was the only improvement RE5 brought to the table. Appreciate it.

That's not Resident Evil 1.

guise, guise, GUISE.

Dont forget, REmake is "free" tommorow on PSN+

but why would you be here if you didnt already own that shit like at least twice?

i know its always B-movie level
but it went from B-movie shit to a blockbuster movie plot (which are fucking worse than b-movies)

I thought shooting the crimson head caused the mansion to go full Hiroshima, or am I thinking of something else?

The plot, sure, but the character of Wesker got better.
>all that kung fu shit
>7 minutes
>Complete global saturation
>CHRIIIS

>the eye moves
10/10

You're thinking of Forest from One Dangerous Zombie mode, unlocked after you beat the game at least once with both characters and then it becomes standard in Once Again every time you play from that save file.

The one you mentioned was the unique Stars member zombie that's strapped with bombs. You only encounter him on ng+ if I recall.

thats shooting that dude i forgot the name
>doing no-save run first try (saving twice for practice , 1 after leaving mansion was the plan)
>1:30 into the game . going my way out of the mansion
>shot that faggot
i never replayed remake after that
youtube.com/watch?v=M6GwT2ARlNY

Ah, thanks.
All I remembered about him was that the jihad zombie only appeared in post-game stuff.

>the only improvement RE5 brought to the table.

I detest this statement. REmake and RE5 are my favorite games in the series, RE5 had the best guns/upgrade system in the entire series and not just the best TPS gameplay in the series but probably the best gameplay of any TPS game I've played in general. It also had a baller Mercenaries mode that I could spend hours on with a buddy.

Hearing him stand still in the shadows, his voice box still fresh unlike all the others, hearing him through a good pair of headphones.

"UUUUUUUUUUUUUGHHHHH...."

Fuck crimson heads man, this guy is where its at! Forrest seems to be far worse at actually catching anyone though, i always slip by as he lunges... Always.

Another neat thing about him in ODZ Mode is: i was messing around to see if i could keep out running crimson heads, when suddenly in a room with two, forrest came.
>shit! Shit!
I doged him and the crimson who swung at me and... Forrest went down...
I have not been able to see if they can kill him, but he got hurt and fell down without detonating!

>RE5 had the best guns/upgrade system in the entire series and not just the best TPS gameplay in the series but probably the best gameplay of any TPS game I've played in general.
This isn't a load of bull. What about RE5 makes it better than RE4? The difficulty balance is out of whack, the guns feel wimpy as enemies feel spongy, and the level design is outright terrible. I think you're confusing the fun associated with hanging out with a friend with the fun RE5 delivered.

>RE5
I'm pretty sure I share the whole "good game, but not a good RE game" sentiment with a lot of people.
While it does play like RE4, the mood is completely different.
The co-op was by far the best part though, I've got tons of fond memories playing through that game multiple times over on every difficulty with a friend.
The gameplay established in RE4 is just REALLY fucking fun and I'm glad they continued using it even if they killed the dark atmosphere.

Is that Billy?

>he guns feel wimpy as enemies feel spongy

The difficulty felt out of whack I'll give you that, it could be pretty easy even on Professional at times but that's just because every gun became a thermonuclear weapon when you upgraded it all the way. If the guns felt wimpy or the enemies felt too much like bullet sponges, I would know, because that's usually the stuff that makes me drop a TPS game immediately. Instead, RE5 carried over that gorgeous mechanic from RE4 where the enemies would flinch depending on where you shot them, opening them up for a melee strike. Fully upgraded handguns would burst heads, fully upgraded magnums would drop mooks instantly, a fully upgraded Hydra or handcannon would send an enemy flying back 20 yards and a fully upgraded machinegun made them look like they were having seizures.

The guns were a lot of things, but they didn't feel wimpy, that's for sure.

The levels were too awful for me to play the game enough times to grind up a completely maxed out gun, forunately, so perhaps the upgrade system wasn't as good as you claim.

i hated so much re5 i ended farming some "limiteless gem" to max out some weapons

>The levels were awful

The areas sure weren't RE4 standards I'll give you that, but I ended up enjoying the gameplay and the co-op enough that I still grinded up my guns and went through the game several times by myself, and several times with different people. Two of my best friends, an ex, a random that I met online, my sister, I played that game a ridiculous amount.

Different strokes I guess.

"Forrest Speyer" bro

I found some older pictures of Speyer and those are significantly different, but these look almost the same barring the obvious clothes so I'm cutting myself some slack.

>Crimsons can eliminate Forest

I want to see this done now. Because if I'm not mistaken, you can't even knife him to death without him detonating.

In the books didn't the Raccoon City incident happened because Umbrella didn't wait for a fucking month, the time William finishes the G-Virus?

I wouldn't count on it user, especially if they put her RE : DC costume that doesn't make any sense

Try it user, i dont know if they can kill him, but he is vunerable to their claws like regular zombies are. Interestingly, i cant find it noted online...
Forrest does have determined locations.
I purposfly let two crimsons chase me in this location:

When i got caught between them and a waiting forrest, i ran out the way and forrest caught the swipe. He went down just like regular zombies do

I could not believe it, i killed the other two to stick around and see if he got back up. He did.

>heels.
>not her pumps for post cocktail party running away...

Every time I see this webm I think of that Dwarf Fortress image where he gets his head all but kicked off and then stands back up. Always get a hearty laugh out of it.

I thought Tall Oaks was firebombed to hell and back? Or rather a much more powerful agent, but certainly no nuke.