How is this even possible?

How is this even possible?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=h-KDfab0c7Q
eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-the-last-of-us-face-off
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

remasters are usually outsourced to nobodies.

Jesus fuck. That looks like shit. How could they let this remaster actually somehow end up worse than the original?!

TP's NPC design was an abomination

Because the "Original" is the PC version on max settings, and the right is running on a console.

Not that surprising.

The fact that they call it remaster makes me mad.

For some stupid reason they're porting both games into a different engine.

Had you ever considered that all this is your fault?

Leafy?

every day

Into unreal 4, so they can use none of UE4's unique shaders.

Arkham Knight ran on a modified UE3, just like last gen.

I hate this remastered trend. Lazymans way of sending it to some shit company and sell the same shit, over and over.

That's what happens when you get chinks to do anything.

Yeah, it's an even worse cancer than DLC.

just don't buy it.

because the original was prerendered

lol

It's alright if the game itself is rare or on an old system, not one fucking year after the original one came out like The Last of Us. Doesn't help that most of the time the remasters are worse (this, Sleeping Dogs, the Prototype games, Deadpool, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, the Kingdom Hearts 2 soundtrack)

How was it prerendered if you could look around and interact?

More like Demaster.

nothing from the comparison shots was prerendered
that guy is a retard

I am curious if the reason they delayed the remasters was due to the negative reaction it got from the reveal trailer?

the concept of "remastering" a game doesn't make much sense to me, adding enhanced textures and models and whatnot is altering the work in a way that a "remaster" in the traditional sense (e.g. remastering an album or a film) doesn't. the closest thing to remastering in that sense is to just run the thing at a higher resolution/framerate.

Mos def

Arkham Asylum is the last game in need of a fucking remastering. It still looks fucking great.
God, these fucking remasters. If you HAVE to ape Hollywood and remake/remaster existing franchises because you're too big of a pussy to make something new, at least remake something more than 10 years old.

why wouldn't Sony make a PS4 port of one of their most popular games of all time?

The Last of Us was done in-house by NDog so they could get familiar with the hardware while working on Uncharted 4.

PS3 and PS4 have very different architectures so that's why it was done.

#nochin

Thank sony for that

Thank morons who buy the remasters

[Spoiler]like me[/spoiler]

INDEED OP, HOW??!

it's bread.

[Spoiler]capital letter S. U goofed. And now so hav i.[/spoiler]

I have mixed opinions on them.

On one hand, they can sometimes lead to content that was never released in the US (Like the KH and later FF remasters). I am also fine when they are decent versions of a older game that does not have a widescreen version or ran like shit on the original platform. Or it is just a good value and actually is priced reasonably. Hell, some remasters have even led to PC versions of games that originally did not have them (FFX, Dead Rising) or updates to older PC releases, so I am always OK with that.

My issue is when they release a sub-par port that breaks the game even further (ZoE on 360) or changes the fundamental lighting or textures to something worse (Silent Hill being the poster boy). That, or when they do re-releases of games that have no major advantages over the previous version and are merely a cash-in, and sometimes even look worse (Darksiders II being a prime example).

Never played this game but the lighting in the remaster is clearly better. What the fuck are you baboons talking about?

So sonyggers?

>Original: Developers who loved the franchise and probably spent months just getting the lighting right

>Remaster: WB hands the games to some shit-tier dev studio and forces them to make bank in a few months, lighting is likely a cheap prebuilt option

gordon's on meth again

Dead Rising was not remastered.

everybody

>hi im fucking blind

Wut

Yes it was, like a couple weeks ago.

It was ported, not remastered.

No its mostly sonyggers

Yeah, let's just ignore all the remasters that came out on Wii U and Xbone.

muh sony boogyman amirite?

Dat Master Chief collection

just

>remastered on the right and original and the left to confuse newfags

I fucking hate this.

HELLO DARKNESS MY OLD FRIEND

To be fair, The Last of Us is one of the few games that actually needed a remaster though. The original ran at 720p I think and frequently dropped to 20fps

The remaster is 1080p and 60fps

WWHD sold like 3 million I think but Sony buys the most remasters BY FAR.

Nope. OP's pic is accurate.

Joker is missing some teeth and batman pumps silicone in his lips.

It didn't need a PS3 version. The fucking jews should have made it a PS4 launch title.
>The remaster is 1080p and 60fps
It drops far below 60fps all the time.

Bruce Wayne i presume

underrated

>it drops far below 60fps all the time

I guess "far below" means 55fps now...

Watch the Tech Foundry video, it's basically locked at 60fps until you fight the big fat zombie thing that throws the spores at you since it has a lot of particle effects going on in that fight.

youtube.com/watch?v=h-KDfab0c7Q

Did everyone already forget abot the Bioshock remasters?
What a pile of shit that was, just the same game with new bugs and performance issues with no graphical options on top. No wonder why they gave them away for free.

It drops in a lot of areas. DF didn't show you the entire game

>DF didn't show you the entire game
No need, I've played it.

eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-the-last-of-us-face-off

They played through the whole thing.

>Infrequent drops to 50fps (with 46fps being the lowest on record) are the worst of it, most notably during the initial Bloater boss battle.

>the experience is predominantly on the 60fps line.

Weird, then remastered to female alien.

>almost all combat is around 50fps
>this is okay tho

>almost all combat is around 50fps
Who are you quoting friend?

>I'm anally pained that one of the first attempts to port a PS3 exclusive to the PS4 is actually quite good and the autists at DF back up the claim
>I will stay in the thread tho

>remaster removes depth of blur
improvement, honestly

>last gen game can't even maintain 60fps
>good port
?

see

Right is pc maxed

Left is current gen

It's good if you missed games last gen. I didn't bother with BioShock, for example, now I can get all 3 games better than their last gen equivalents for £30

I'M DYING

The remaster is 1080p 30fps unless you use the option that disables most of the remastered graphical bumps. Playing the game at 60fps is much like playing a literal upscale of the ps3 version

wow, way to spew bullshit. the only thing that gets hindered by the 60fps bump are shadows.

>better
user I have bad news, you may want to wait for a patch because the remastered versions run like shit and have lots of bugs on top of all the problems the originals had, they didn't fix anything.

Just give up.

The same way later Myst games did it, panoramic video

WTF ? Batman is mexican ?

Si, guey.

Wii U has a whopping two remasters and they're both Zelda games that were ten or more years old. PS4 owners buy their remasters left and right, look at the sales numbers. About half of the best selling PS4 games are on last-gen too, half its library is ports and rereleases. The fucking original Xbox had more games in four years than Xbone and PS4 will without half of them being ports and rereleases and it sold like shit, this is just the absolute worst set of consoles ever.

The only HD remaster I bought, and never again.

in the remaster, his face dosn't cast shadows on itself/block light.

how do you screw that up?
seriously?

Chink magic

thats because the technology jumps were vastly smaller in these gens. almost non existent. that and the time it takes to make a game on the current quality curve takes vastly more manpower and time. this would be an ideal time to start fleshing out mechanics and engines, but the industry is so focused on the graphical fidelity and fr, yet cant actually deliver.
that and devs have gotten comfy with videogames being a reliable cash cow, forgetting that medium is similar to cars, but far less consistent and its creation more prone to catastrophe

outsourced to chinks m8

>Bioshock
>runs fine
>Bioshock remaster
>can't run it with my graphics card
>looks mostly the same as the original

Life is interesting in Toaster Town

What's the point of remasters anyway?

Mods will exist for most games that give you better graphics than the remaster, so why not use them?

They seem like the latest rip off, nothing more.

The unstoppable POWER of next gen consoles is how!

Did they mix this up? There is no way somebody took this and said "Yes, this definitely looks better than before."

>almost every HD remaster is worse than the existing PC version of a game

at this point are good 'remasters' the exception rather than the rule?

Yes and about the only dev that tries is bluepoint and even they fuck up.

never forget ;_;7

Are you fucking stupid? You take everything devs and publishers are saying at face value? Are you new to this?

Are 'remaster' isn't a remaster. It's a re-issue. Normally not a bad thing, but due to the nature of video games, making older software running on later platforms is hard. So in these cases, most of the time, it IS a bad thing. They are fucking cash grabs, not remasters.

Newer platforms are of course often more powerful, and as a result enable advancement in games too. But that goes for new games, not old ones.

Halo Anniversary passes for a remaster. Most do not deserve that moniker.

Real time vs. prerendered

>making older software running on later platforms is hard. So in these cases, most of the time, it IS a bad thing.
not quite accurate.
Batman looks worse on PS4 and XBO because they tried to port it too UE4 from UE3.
In doing this they didn't preserve the effects from the original releases.
Remember that PS4 and XBO are just x86 AMD APUs in plastic boxes.
The original releases of Batman on PC didn't have this issue.

So it's not really porting to different hardware that's the problem, the problem is in trying to mess with the visuals that are already there.
If they just did straight ports of Batman to PS4/XBO with the exact same engine and everything it would have been fine, but then they couldn't claim they did as much.

>making older software running on later platforms is hard
If you're a consolefag, sure.
>Are 'remaster' isn't a remaster. It's a re-issue.
Then why are they marketing it as such, posting videos that compare new/old graphics on youtube etc?

JUST

Read the thread.

is it still delayed indefinitely? at least they realized they fucked up

it's very possible when you just dump all the assets into a new engine and do no tweaking whatsoever

The weird thing about this is that it could've been easily fixed by adding the fog back in.

Blame casuals. According to Sony a sizeable chunk of people that bought ps4s are either buying as their first console or only had a Wii. Makes sense to cheaply port your best from last gen cheaply so the new people and doubledippers can get it.

Problem is that the people doing the remastering suck

Holy shit! Gordon has turned hollow

Is that a temporary tatoo?

the only thing I can see that is objectively better in the remaster is the texture on batman's chest, the material texture seems a bit better only on that spot

Is the joker crossdressing in the ps4 version?

People like to repeatedly buy the same product in a short timeframe, look at last of us

Why does batman look like handsome squidward

laziness

ITT: everyone getting trolled.

How else will they sell the Re-Remaster in the next gen where they just reactivate all those effects?

which one is which?

>same IP

remaster uses a build in shitty hair renderer that's why. They all do it. Even TLG has this horrible "JUST" haircut generator

Right is remaster

Strange isn't it?

There was a Protoype remaster?

>how you want your remaster famiglia?

Why was UE3 so amazing?

>Why was UE3 so amazing?

UE3 was trash fampai, some devs just managed to make it work properly

Well, once people figured out that fucking pop-in shit, it was pretty OK.

For some reason.

The hell did it need a remastering for? I'm willing to bet it's full of bugs or some shit.

>The hell did it need a remastering for
The people at Activision saw that the amount of money that would be made from remastering it would be more than how much it would cost to remaster it.

It's not a remaster, it's a $40 port.

like "beta" and "alpha" before it, "remaster" is another one of those video game terms that have completely lost its meaning.

A remaster is just a port nowadays though.

God this the grain removal on bluray meme is the worst thing they can do to a movie.

our only hope for a non-shit HD version of Predator is whenever they do the 2160p version, assuming they didn't slather vaseline all over the masters.

you missed some

>multiple threads on Cred Forums about how it is a chinese sweatshop shit that cropped cutscenes
>still buy it

The remaster probably looks like shit because they moved the game from unreal engine 3 to unreal engine 4