My name is Tomba the Mighty.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Iqr13V62jug
youtube.com/watch?v=5Dywzb3XQ6Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hi

PAL version is called Tombi, always get weirded out when I read Tomba

my name is patrick bateman the checkthis8 man

Did he ever say that? Was under the impression Tombi (Tomba in some places) never talked.

>there will never be another Tomba game
>there are no devs willing to do a Tomba style game
>not even the indie shitters

He doesn't talk though. So he would never say that in any situation.

I would really prefer if you'd be quiet.

youtu.be/Iqr13V62jug

Loved the first game as a kid, never played the second one. Is it any good?

Will he ever return

AEEHAHAHYUAH

Yeah, still a shitload of quests to do and cool hidden shit. Some annoying minigames though.

Finding the secret towers as a kid was a highlight of my adolescence

i have fast pants

Thank your for this image of evil pigs in video games.

Not all pigs

We can pretend he does. :^)

plz fund my kickstarter tropes vs pigs

You know, it's kind of coincidental how in most games pigs are evil

le epic dank be quiet mamay

I hate you with all my soul.

I liked this game a lot, but now I can't talk about it because it will derail into garbage meme shit

ARE YOU HAPPY?

YOU FUCKING STUPID UNFUNNY MEME SHIT RUINED A GAMED I REALLY LIKED AND I WANTED TO JUST HAVE A NICE THREAD ABOUT IT WITHOUT LE EBIN MAYMAY SPAM

ARE

YOU

FUCKING

HAPPY

MOTHERFUCKER?

ARE YOU HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPY?

It's Tombi only for yuropoors
Tomba sounds better imo

I like the grapple and swing mechanics in these games, it's fun to swing around and throw dudes.

Here is an evil pig to add to the collection

It's fucking great bruv. I think it's 5$ on the PlayStation Store for the ps3. Physical copies are crazy expensive.

yeah

I would really prefer if you'd be quiet.

>kakabanga!!!

what did he mean by this?

SO CONFIRMED SANTA'S #1 HELPER IS A SQUIRREL

It could be worse, it could be Yoshi.

>I'll never find that infectious cutscene music on youtube

So how about that Circus Village, boys? Your favorite place, no?

See: But yes, you are correct.

Yes you are correct.

I remember the Tomba games so fucking fondly, but I fear that it's blind nostalgia fogging my eyes. Do the games still hold up or no?

They still hold up, you might find you like them even more now that you're not a dumb kid, try to 100% this shit.

I'm pissed off though, I really want to play Tomba 2 again but that shit doesn't emulate worth a damn

They definitely do. Go replay

I played the second game some time ago and I think it still holds up

The first one, absolutely. Sprites are great always. The second one, not so much, since it's in blocky 3D.

eh not really coincedent
>seen greedy
>seen as lazy
>seen as gluttonous
>Seen as not giving a shit about anything but themselves

they epitomize greed and all that so game devs use it as an easy visual reference to these kind of ideals.

I've never played Tomba 1 but I just got Tomba 2 from PSN and played it a couple months ago. Still really fun.

This game definitely has an interesting playstyle to it. :^)

welp, now I have to go and download some Tomba. Good to know it does still have charm and whatnot, and that it isn't just my brain fogging everything with rosy colored bliss.

Good games are forever.

Haha, what do you mean?

>that fucking ost

youtube.com/watch?v=5Dywzb3XQ6Q

Fishermans village motherfucker

"swiggity swooty i'm comin' in that booty"

Any recommended emulators/setups for each game? I used to have both back in the day, but I'm pretty sure I lost my PS1 while moving.

>tfw you spent an entire afternoon pouring boiling water on potatoes to make a hundred sandwiches, cleaning a hundred mudballs and getting lost in the fucking underground level after getting rid of the magma

>tfw spent another day gathering ice cream or berries or just outright gliding down that one big midair screen making sure you didn't miss any chests

>tfw TIME STOP

Why can't modern games ever be this simple yet fun level of good

This. If you try the default settings the music gets corrupted when it tries to loop.

Played Tomba 2 last month, i felt it's still as great as back then.
But could be depend on how you mind how the graphic look, personaly i don't care how the game look and just play the game for it's gameplay.

I never finished these games, but I remember them being awesome. Time to look for the isos.

fuck no they turned a beautiful 32bit 2d game into a horrendous lowpoly 3d eyesore

It could had been worse. It could had been Alundra 2.

>alundra 2

thanks for reminding me of that shitheap

The actual gameplay is still solid.

I love both Tomba games just about equally, even if I do vastly prefer the graphical style of the original.

Yeah fuck you too. Alundra 2 was fucking good.
But it was ugly as sin, true that.
Other than being ugly, the only fault of that game is that its not a carbon copy of the first.

The gameplay was a complete step back though, sword combat focused on that awkward 3 hit combo and the items were removed

Despite chibis autism and that whole ordeal he still did a pretty good job rattling off a list of evil pigs in video games.

yeah, it was a pretty sweetass list. Even Caveman noticed.

I bought a ps vita just to play tombas on the go , and other old school games+ some hidden vita gems.

If you have some cash you should get a vita

How's the emulation on the vita? Like GBA, SNES and shit?

I havent try that shit, mostly because i have some emulators on my phone, so cant comment on it. But psone games run perfect.

>>tfw TIME STOP
ZA WARUDO