What went wrong?

What went wrong?

It's way too similar to ALttP and they give you all the items right away, which absolutely kills the joy of finding treasures in dungeons.

It was a little too easy.

But it moved at such a nice pace, the items are mostly great, and the magic/stamina meter is great.

The ice rod kinda sucks though, I would have preferred a classic version that lets you blast dudes at long range and then pick up the frozen enemies

Most annoying character in the game is intrical to the plot.

the gimmick

It's pretty much a "play it safe" rehash that has the structure of a premium priced smartphone game.

PSA: If you think ALBW is an amazing game, you probably eat all kinds of shit when you browse your phone's app store.

I liked it overall, it was a bit on the easy side, but i liked the fact that you could do things at any order

The item borrowing wasn't that good desu, I just got every item close to the beginning and i think i only died once or twice? and money isn't that m uch big of a deal so i just got them all back anyway

My biggest gripe with it was the dungeon treasures. I think it might have worked better if they had like 10 "basic" tool items to borrow or w/e so you can still do dungeons at any order and 10 items you can find in the dungeons. Or just each dungeon giving you the item it needs halfway through and you need it for the next half or whatever.

Lorule Link was a literal jew.

why?

The gimmick was under used and underwhelming
The dungeons were too easy
Having everything avaliable at the start of the game ruins all the fun of the dungeons

Not him but, I mean. He's a handrubbing money grubbing coward that charged Link for a shitload of money and the first priority for him is if Link falls in battle is to send his bird to take any rented equipment.

>if Link falls in battle
Not like that'll ever happen anyway. The game is piss easy even by Zelda standards.

>rental system means no cool items in dungeons, makes game feel less rewarding
>way too easy since it's designed so you can do dungeons in any order
>fucking hideous style
>everything slanted to cheat a top-down view but they still did 3D cutscenes so you see how fucking retarded everything really looks

it's a lot better than lttp and the 3ds games

It was a gimped remake that tried to pass itself off as a sequel

It's called a soft reboot. It's all the rage nowadays.

>Everyone here complains they just want a new lttp
>now everyone complains it was too similar
Jesus Christ Cred Forums

It's not a reboot if the franchise still puts out new installments on a regular basis.

>Or just each dungeon giving you the item it needs halfway through and you need it for the next half or whatever.
So .. literally like every other Zelda?

>rehashes the overworld
>underutilized new gimmick paraded like it's a huge deal
>all-around inferior compared to the original and other portable Zeldas
ALBW is a failure

>people want a sequel that builds on what made the original so great
>"sequel" that plays it so fucking safe by recycling most of the original, it might as well not even exist

>pic

yeah but with the extra ability to go to any one of these

Not overhead camera ones. That's why they soft rebooted them.

fuck off pass fag.

It was alright. Biggest problem was how the item rentals didn't matter. You could tell that the dungeon designers couldn't figure out a way to creatively design puzzles without limiting the player. As an example, the bomb enemies were a terrible band aid solution to players not buying the bomb equipment beforehand.

What this resulted in was dungeons that were so simplistic that it takes maybe 10~15 minutes to clear each one. Without a sense of increasingly complex puzzles, the traditional heroic journey is all but rendered nonexistent.

>being this much of an assblasted NEET faggot who can't get his mommy to let him have $15

>wasting 15 dollaroos on Cred Forums instead of something useful

>Same overworld.

>>everything slanted to cheat a top-down view
Do you realize how devastatingly retarded this complaint sounds? ALttP also warped perspective to "cheat" a top-down view, just like most games do. Games "cheat" all the time to make certain effects work.
>but they still did 3D cutscenes so you see how fucking retarded everything really looks
Would you like to point out all of these egregious fuckups? I can remember MAYBE one point where you can see how slanted everything is in-game, but it could have been one of those screenshot Nintendo themselves released to show how it worked.

Probably would have been great if it were a 1:1 remake in 3D (with better art direction). Honestly, it managed to be worse in every aspect to the original with a very similar story and weaker combat.

You realize Cred Forums is bleeding nip-moot dry and if this site that you use on a daily basis doesn't make some money it's going to go the way of Gawker.

I enjoyed it.

lol guy's rich from all the ads and user tracking wtf

>but muh user site

keep dreaming passfag

The fact that it's slanted wasn't the complaint, Dongus. It's that it looks stupid in the cutscenes showing all angles. I like how you lash out at that when the thread is about what we think went wrong.

Sperg.

Nothing, you stupid cunt.
It was a great game. A little on the easy side but one of the best zeldas in years.
Stop being a gay edge lord.

So you complain about literally ONE shot where you can see a "cheat" that doesn't bother absolutely anybody.
And I'm the sperg.

>I like how you lash out at that when the thread is about what we think went wrong.
This doesn't even mean anything. Do you think what I said is ironic or something? Or do you object to the fact that I pointed out something about one thing you said because you think I should be objecting to everything else as well?

Not him, but I honestly wouldn't care.
This place is fucking crawling with redditors trying to give Cred Forums WAAAAY more exposure than it needs/posting all these unfunny forced Pepe/Wojak memes everywhere.

To short and WAY to easy.

The refilling magic bar made using items piss easy. Not once did I feel like I was in any sort of danger.