youtu.be/4pFq7xn4MYI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's a good GTA clone

good gta clone

good not very discrete undercover cop simulator

unexpected feels too

Play it and find out for yourself.

i had fun playing it

These. Kung fu is a nice alternative to straight gun play and it's done really well.

It's good.

>Boosey and Hawkes
>Raining
>Night time cityscape
>Exotic car
Comfy

Wei deserves more, when is the sequel coming out?

It's ok but the driving physics are fucking dreadful, kinda spoiled the game for me since I'm a turbo autist when it comes to vehicle physics.

Any mods in that screenshot? Or is that the enhanced version or whatever?

FUCK SHIT JACKIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a legitimately bad game, seriously pirate it and try it out. It plays like a bargain bin game.

a good yakuza clone, SEGA still can't compete with a bunch of nobodies in graphics department, 4 years later

It's not bad, it's especially good if you get it at a discount.

It controls a lot better, hell of a lot more fun to actually play than GTA has been since they moved to the clunky as fuck Rage engine.

Unfortunately, it has a stupid "no fun allowed, this is serious, guys" story. I wish game developers would either stop doing this shit or hire much better writers.

>It controls a lot better, hell of a lot more fun to actually play than GTA
When contrarianism goes too far.

The raining neon night street with 24 Herbs alone is worth trying out.

Very atmsopheric game, especially driving up into the mountains in the rain at night. The melee combat is fun too

bad gta clone that happened to be a somehow good game on it's own

Fuck off.

Input lag that gets as high as 200+ milliseconds is no fucking fun. Even incompetent developers know 80 milliseconds of input lag is pushing it.

>clunky as fuck Rage engine.
this

movement and hand to hand combat feel like hot dogshit in GTA, whereas it actually feels decent in sleeping dongs.
the driving was retarded but the side swiping was fun as fuck

the only thing I wish was that they had added more variety to the map.

It's basically almost entirely dense city, which makes sense, but hong kong has a lot of cool stuff around it I wish we'd seen in the game.

If they did a sleeping dogs 2 I'd be totally fine with them re-using the current map but just expanding it's scope out to get more of the environment around hong kong too.

>ywn use a time machine to convince them not to bother with triad wars

>the driving was retarded but the side swiping was fun as fuck
Yeah.
It's all well and good that GTA tends to go for realism in movement and mechanics and arguably fails, but sleeping dogs is just arcadey/action movie esque silliness and it succeeds at that.

>Go to Victoria Peak
>It's a skybox without any actual in-game city view

The game was really fun but this feeling of it being a huge movie set because you couldn't fly or go beyond the roads in the middle of the map because there was nothing in it was annoying.

wait what? i thought it was the same building models (I could be wrong it's been a while since i played it)

I liked holding A to hold the car door open and hit pedestrians with it.

I'm gonna hope that's just due to "limitations" of previous gen consoles and the next one will be better (if there is a next one, let's face it, it's looking shaky) but y'know GTA always had that stuff going back to the PS2 era.

Does the ps4 version look this nice?

like there's vaseline on the screen? probably.

Combat, gunplay, and driving are all terrible.

You'd hope so, but the "Definite Edition" of Sleeping Dogs was arguably worse than the original version.

Anishtropic filtering has so minimal performance loss on PC but its never ever used on consoles. Why is this?

how so? all the dlc in etc

Yakuza is better.

>comparing two different games
Fuck off, arrogant MOTHERFUCKER.

Definitive edition or OG?

Watch the comparison video:
youtube.com/watch?v=2u_1wjWJUqY

The original has much richer blacks, the texture resolution is higher and overall the lighting is better (at 1:00 for example)

Not even similar games, though I would pick Yakuza over Sleepy Puppies every time.

sleeping doge > gta v

Me no understand

I enjoyed the game when it first came out, but when I tried to replay it lately the city felt so empty and lifeless.

>your face when its "Sequel" came out

it's more like a 3D beat-em-up with driving and an open world

i wish the latter part of the game wasn't so reliant on guns

damn looks worse but there is more content in DE right?

the op screen shot is blurry as fuck

Its good

It includes all the DLC, but most people already got all the DLC really cheap when it was on sale.

If you don't have the DLC then I guess the Definite Edition is worth it.

There are some graphical benefits to the DE that I should mention for fairness's sake. Necklaces and chains actually have physics and if you smash someone into a locker there are more particle effects.

It's a good witch.

Fuck man. How do I make my game look this good?

not if you got all the DLC for the original (which is quite cheap now from re-sellers and key sites)

most re-releases or remasters are purely to benefit the console market when a new generation comes around; PC is backwards compatible to such a degree, that you can play pretty much anything that was ever released, and because of mods and graphics settings, they will always stay relevant
it astonishes me whenever I play a game from the late 90's, and in the resolution list it just natively supports 1080p or more, this is why people were decrying the FF7 re-release on steam, because they were charging a lot for something that you can do for free very easily with a modded PC original copy, or a PS1 emulated version

tl;dr version: only buy the definitive edition if you play on consoles

I got it around the time I had witcher 3 and mgs v. Out of the 3 it's the only one I enjoyed taking the time to complete

i bought the DE.. t. pc gamer

only thing I hated was being a cop snitching out all my childhood friends just felt mean to do to people. but the gameplay is amazing and fun.

The kung fu island dlc was the best thing i played in a while. They even put filters on it to look authentic. It was amazing

So the devs of Sleeping dogs went and develop some nobody gives a fuck MP game? What gives?

They also wasted a shitload of money on Triad Wars I imagine. What a mess.

Played it recently, it wasn't bad but I didn't last longer than 15 hours and eventually uninstalled it. It's not that it was bad, just kinda boring. controls are awkward, combat is just mashing 1 single button, the city looks kinda sameish wherever you go and the story never really got interesting. all the familiar faces die off anyway.
I quit after Uncle Po died.

>richer blacks
Kek.

It's much better than any GTA past San Andreas.

wouldn't go that far

wait god dammit wtf, there is no non definitive edition on steam, so i just bought the old non definitive version key off g2a but it gave me the definitive version

Did they downgrade the game for everyone who already bought it too?

What the fuck?

No, if you bought it before DE was released, you have the original version.

>Did they downgrade the game for everyone who already bought it too?
No, everyone who already had the standard game in their library still has it. Hell, they still sell the DLC on the storefront.

its the most well-made gta clone ever made

no i just bought it on g2a but it wasnt the definitive version but it gave me the definitive version

>"remaster" their game only to give it shit graphics for new consoles and remove the original and charge more for the new one

wow i cant even spend $5 on video games once a week without seriously regretting it

why is it that I never get soaked by the rain anymore in the definitive edition?
also, it's a great game OP.

base game looks like that, the definitive edition I think only added the DLCs and increased the amount of NPCs on the streets, so that's probably the base game. it's very pretty.

that's not realism

if it were realistic he'd run over you and then back up over ou to make sure youre dead

this aint the mainland

t. Johnny Wong

WHY DON'T YOU HAVE A PORK BUN IN YOUR HAND

Sqaure Enix money, not their own

Still a shame no Sleepy Dogs 2 announcement

>don't have any pretty webbms
I should really get on that, this game is prime for those gtaiv drivan beauty shots

it was pretty good but i dont really like how they handled the story

it was super lazy to just kill off 95% of the cast to avoid having to write how Shen would have to deal with the other triad members finding out he was a cop

kek dat bitch ded

>most re-releases or remasters are purely to benefit the console market when a new generation comes around
>mfw the GTA San Andreas update "upgrades" the PC version to the new console version which is a port from the mobile version with fucked up aspect ratio and tons of songs removed from the radio due to licensing issues

Mediocre. Combat manages to be even more brain dead easy than Arkahams and Assassins Creeds. Driving is really bad and the city is mostly lifeless and boring. Only exception is the small market area.

this

>racing with motorcycles

Literally the worst thing.

I loved the moto races, even if they were bullshit sometimes.

I really hate how even when driving the fastest available car or motorcycle, at their fastest, the others can still can get ahead of you.

The wedding shootout was fantastic.

ayyy what? I must have missed a waifu.

really hated how the game handled progression with things like that.
>time has passed. you now live in this upscale condo and have been dating that girl you just met for a while. except we're not going to tell you any of that, just hope you figure it out from context.

The first time I played, I was weirded out when I suddenly get called by Not Ping for going out with Tiffany (or was it Sandra?). Like, this shit had no sense of progression.

It's a good game.

the worst offender by far was the club girl. you're dating three chicks at once and you get all pissy about her dating random gangsters. at this point, you've never even been on a date so far as the player knows, and your relationship has consisted of you going to her workplace, and her encouraging you to pay for karaoke. Even this sheltered gwailo knows that getting bubbly for the guys to get them to spend money is literally the girls' job in asian bars, yet this was a shocking revelation for the Hong Kong street thug.

Not Ping is best Waifu

The only relationship which didn't implode in Wei's face was with the Russian girl, Ilyana or whatever her name was, and this chick.

you get to fuck emma stone

Misses the part where he reverses and drives over you a couple of times more to make sure you're really dead.

Ilyana's pretty underrated. She even gets to appear in one of the cop missions.

Only bad thing about it is its soundtrack

Can you even fuck ANYONE in the game?

The relationship quests all seemed unfinished as hell.

The whole relationship aspect felt like to was tacked on at the very last moment just to put another checkmark in the feature list. The game wouldn't have missed anything if they left it out altogether.

She loves the asian dick.

Technically it's of the off-screen suggested variety. And then you never see them again because they're just one-night stands because Wei isn't interested in committing.

I don't think there will be a sequel. I hope there will, but Triad Wars being a major fuckup makes me think this is it for Unconscious Canines.

>soundtrack
>bad

I really enjoyed the soundtrack, it was quite different but it fit the place.

Reminder to force 16x AF in your drivers or the streets look like shit when it rains.

Unless the definitive version added AF in the menus but I doubt it.

>because Wei isn't interested in committing
I felt like the only reason Wei slept with those girls in the first place was to maintain his cover.

Feels more like a yakuza clone tbhq

>Watch_Dogs 2 is released before Sleeping Dogs 2 is announced

It's not fair

Plays absolutely nothing like a Yakuza game outside of having karaoke.

Triad Wars was a fuckup because they didn't even try.

Funniest part was when NPCs still called you Wei.

nigger what, the soundtrack is so good I literally thought I was listening to my own music at first, then remembered the game doesn't have that feature. one of the few games in recent years that have added to my playlists outside of vidya

>It's ok but the driving physics are fucking dreadful, kinda spoiled the game for me since I'm a turbo autist when it comes to vehicle physics.
bro Sleeing Dogs takes place in a city, I feel what your saying but it would never work in any city based game. Keep in mind Sleeping dogs is cramped as fuuuu with only a couple highways. oir literally one highway that is in a circle.

Why do today's Yakuza games not look as good as yesterdays Sleeping Dogs game?

I liked how the streets kinda felt alive in a way with the abundance of pedestrians everywhere.

>Triad Wars
what the fuck is this? a sleeping dogs MMO? and it's shit? someone fill me in here, what the fuck

>Bad soundtrack
Do you even H-KLUB bro?

Sleeping Dogs was my first GTA-esque game (not underaged here, I'm 25, just never got around to playing one of them). So it left a very positive impression on me since the novelty was there too. If there's anything negative that I remember about the game, it's that it felt super easy.

Step yo shit taste up

Cool combat. Shit driving physics though, even worse than GTAV. Way too much cut content resold as DLC as well.

because you never played yakuza games?

If it's the PC version, you damn well better get the original.

It's not even a GTA clone, you faggot.

And it's great.

>cut content
Are you talking about the outfits?
How were those cut?
They look like afterthought cheatitems.

its atheistic. u like the 80's? or oriental martial art movies? then play it.

You just get fade out to black screens, which imply Wei had sex with them. But that's it.

DLC is useless and the driving was suposed to be that way.

We gotta sweep it under rug and let it be forgotten.

But seriously, the devs decided to bs and make some shitty f2p MMO based off sleeping dogs where you can basically build your reputation doing illegal activities. It was put into a beta stage and didn't receive very good feedback, so the entire project was dropped and flopped completely. Due to all those resources put into a fail, we will probably never see a sequel to the real game.

Like I said, its kinda something that needs to be swept under a rug and not talked about just because it was a horrible idea.

>Also, as with all f2p games comes micro transactions

>driving was suppose to be stiff, slow and with shit loads of deadzone

Yeah, cool.

Watch_Dogs 2 at least looks like it's finally made the hacking shit fun and gotten a decent art director.

It'll probably be worth a pirate, at least.

It's the usual implied black screens
>Mfw they were all one night stands

that's really unfortunate. I would have played a shitty multiplayer mod of sleeping dogs with bros if that's all it was, hell it looks better than the just cause 2 multiplayer mod and that was pretty fun.

its a better version of GTA

Sounds like Saint's Row is more your cup of tea :^)

>all those people who haven't even heard about True Crime
It's not like it was called True Crime: Hong Kong in the very beginning, or anything.

the story and dialogue were really good and there was some good humor. the characters were credible and the feels weren't forced. i usually hate stories that take themselves seriously but it's not the case

>those radio stations

Getting to hear a bunch of Ninjatune stuff, Andreya Triana, and my other favorite bands in a game for the first time did some good for me

youtube.com/watch?v=Q4C82FQ3hrc

Not in the game, but god damned if it wasn't cool to hear The Contender in a game.

>Using Saint's Row as a shitposting insult
How new to videogames are you? Saint's Row 2 is fucking fantastic.

>oriental

He's factually correct. It is oriental.

SR2 was pretty mediocre aside from the writing desu.

4 > 2 > 3 >> 1

That's because True Crime wasn't that good. I liked Streets of L.A., but fuck me if I didn't hate driving for 30 minutes to get anywhere.

i feel like sleeping dogs is one of the last games i've played with an actual comfy atmosphere that wasn't forced as fuck

>driving around hong kong at night in the rain
>walking down the streets in the early hours with the pale blue sky
>all that neon

You're a fucking faggot, dude.

What? The drones seem neat and the devs finally stopped being retards and made hacking shit interesting by letting you do more absurd stuff with it.

It looks kinda fun.

>combat is just mashing 1 single button

wow, you were REALLY doing it wrong if all you did was hit X/square in every fight and do nothing else

thats like saying bayonetta or DMC4 sucks because you can play automatic mode and just mash attack and nothing else

>still no news about a possible sequel/continuation in the series of not!True Crime

IT'S TIME TO LEAVE THIS AWFUL PLACE

LA was great, NY is weird. I have if for the gamecube but never got that far. is it worth finishing? new york is just such a boring grid.

same tbqh, one of the last good games ive played too, GTA V was alright but i couldnt get into the 3 character bullshit. Honestly waiting for the next comfy game.

I don't think I've ever seen her survive the start of any of the races

still gets a laugh out of me every time though

B-b-but SJWs!

>dude
I would've taken your accusations of faggotry a lot more seriously if you hadn't sounded like such a faggot there.

>4
I'm embarrassed for you.

Why do people do this sort of sarcastic "false-flag" style of posting and think it adds anything to a discussion?

best DLC
it's like I'm really playing a Phantom Blood game

Never, they squandered interest with that triad garbage thing they tried. Was it an MMO or something? I don't remember, but I do know it was ass.

4 is a mediocre openworld superhero game with decently funny writing.
2 is a mediocre openworld gta-clone with decently funny writing.

I just happen to prefer the former to the latter.

The fact that you consider 2 to be of the same quality ("mediocre") as 4 shows how shit your taste truly is.

i haven't even tried gta5 yet, i'm waiting for a price drop before i even consider trying it out

i'm not even that interested in it honestly, it just doesn't look like it even holds a candle towards something like vice city

yeah, I felt like 4 was a bit of a breath of fresh air, even though it was parodying things like prototype and infamous, it was still better than "generic open world crime game #8000" (AKA saints row 3)

>waiting for a GTA V price drop
You'll be waiting another 3 or 4 years.

you haven't played 2 in a ling time have you?

go back and replay it, and watch how fast the nostalgia melts amidst awful driving controls, awful draw distance, bad audio mixing, etc

it was fun at the time, but it doesn't hold up in any way, especially the PC version which was so badly made that if you try playing it on a powerful PC, the game is literally unplayable because it runs way too fast, you can't keep up with anything thats happening

i'm patient, i've got a backlog that'll probably never end as it stands, never mind anything else

It's what Bully 2 might be like
>gotta find items in the world to unlock fighting skills
>can sprint forever
>lot of the combos are alternating pressing button than holding it + grabbing and throwing dudes
>world is big enough to be free, but small enough to make exploration a decent fun

No.

I played it last week. It's still great.

I used a mod to limit the framerate for the SR2 pc version, and it's great.

Except it is. Either present an argument or stop posting.

It's a good GTA clone with a focus on martial arts over gunplay.

It's fun.

It's a nice game overall. I get bored with sandbox games pretty easily but this one was fun until the very end.

>has a pretty good undercover cop story
>has some funny low-budget kung-fu movie trops
>has fun story DLC's on top of usual costumeshit
>radiostations consist of decent asian songs of various genres
>has a pretty fun bamham-style combat with context-dependant special finishers like in Yakuza games
>gunplay is fast and fun with bullet time jumps giving you more advantage than usual sitting behind covers
>the city looks nice to just drive through, especially during night times

Also, it's probably just my autism but the way your character eats street food consumables and throws the package looks pretty cool. The only gripe is that it's not going full crazy like the first True Crime game did but that's fine.

Definitive Addition is actually the "Next Gen" version of the game. It's an upgraded version of the Last Gen version. They just ported it directly to the PC and is actually inferior to the original on the PC.

It is fun to grab a hooker of the street, shove her in your trunk, go for a ride to a construction site and kill her with a circular saw though.

If it wasn't for the amount of memes and usual open world Ubisoft gameplay, I'd agree. Hell, I'd even consider buying it.

All of this. I even enjoed the varied customaziation. The clothing in the game looked really cool with a good amount of details. I'd change clothing every few in-game days just for fun.

>I'd change clothing every few in-game days just for fun.
constantly. I'd wear the outfit that I felt appropriate for every mission. Winston's gear for thuggin, the Mr Black set when we're out to do some spook shit, a nice matching casual suit when driving around the bosses wife, etc.

you can grab people off the street and throw them in your trunk?

I actually enjoyed it more than GTA V. The gameplay was fun, the locations were nice and the characters actually likeable, while in GTA V they were all annoying.

I thought it was a good game. Really enjoyed the story and gameplay.

It basically feels like Yakuza mixed with GTA

>buy Sleeping Dogs when it's on sale
>learn dropkick
>start dropkicking people
>popup tells me my friend is currently record holder for dropkicking lots of people in a row
>spend hours trying to break his records

While not a great game, I believe Sleeping Dogs borrowed some mechanics from it.

Wheelman is good if you pirate or find it for less than 10USD.

It's an OK/10 GTA clone, driving physics were awful tho

Yup

>Playing sleeping doges for the first time
>Cops chasing me
>Giggling like a school girl when I slam them off the road
>Accidentally press a button next to a cop van
>My fucking face when my character jumps on the side of the van

A MAN WHO NEVER EATS PORK BUNS IS NEVER A WHOLE MAN

youtube.com/watch?v=R_NIW1Upu98

youtu.be/4pFq7xn4MYI

WEI SHEN MOTHERFUCKER WHO ARE YOU!?

fuck this bullshit race and fuck my itch to do everything

What the FUCK. Warp Records and Ninja Tune have dedicated radio stations. What alternate dimension do you live in where that's a bad thing?

It's a bad GTA clone with pretty scenery that almost makes it still worth playing. Almost.

wow I never had any of these issues.

It's a really fun GTA clone with better Arkham combat than the Arkham games. Driving is super fun, the ability to kung fu leap from cars to hijack cars while in motion is fun as fuck.

Once you're done with the story the game might as well self destruct though because that overworld is fucking dead.

oh my sides

Haha, haven't seen this in a long time. Thanks a bunch!

Ay Hol Up.

what the fuck ever happened to TRIAD WARS

or was it scrapped for smash n grab