Shadow Warrior 2

What's your opinion on it, Cred Forums?
Do you have any expectation? Do you think it'll be shit?
I personally enjoyed the first one a lot and went as far as to try the classic one on steam. I'm a bit concerned about the change they showed with the Borderland style of loot and I do hope the different type of melee won't just be reskin of the katana

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/devolverdigital/sets/stan-bush-warrior-ep
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I expect that no matter what they deliver, Cred Forums will never be happy with it.

This

It'll be fun but autists on Cred Forums who wont even play it will just spam shit like >muh procedural generation even though the game isn't procedurally generated.

>Release an okay game with some major flaws
>Add loads of gimmicks on top in the sequel instead of fixing said flaws

Pretty much this though it's to be expected with things like the demonic rod strewn throughout the game. Even if it didnt have crap like that thrown in Cred Forums would still bitch about how the original 1997 game was better.

Looks like great fun though, looking forward to playing co-op.

Procedural generation is the biggest ???

I can deal with Borderlands loot table, the weapons shown look actually fun to use while BL weapons were boring as fuck. I can't deal with bland level design and repetitiveness in back and forth of similar looking areas

Two big questions: Is the gunplay itself fun and is the loot system actually well fleshed out and Do we just get a bunch of stupid fucking trinkets that give +1% some different color damage?

If we get a game with the first question being yes, then we get a decent game regardless. If we get a game with the second question being yes, the game cant be salvaged on that alone.

If both are well fleshed out, then we get an actually good game. And for the record the Borderlands system was very bare-bones when it came to an arpg-esque loot- and level up system.

>with some major flaws
what the fuck are you even talking about

>Bullet sponges everywhere, sword is the only consistently good weapon
>Shitty hit detection
>Reused assets everywhere
>Not enough human enemies
>Braindead Painkiller arenas, albeit with more diverse enemies thankfully

not too keen on the rpg stuff
besides that it looks great and fixes a bunch of things that the first one lacked
can't be any worse than Doom anyway
>muh borderlands
>muh procedural generation
>not identical to the original 1997 game

>"""Old school""" shooter
>Sluggish weapon switching

stan bush made a new song for it so i'm at least interested in seeing how this thing turns out.

soundcloud.com/devolverdigital/sets/stan-bush-warrior-ep

I enjoyed this game, not normally my style of play but it was fun and the scenery was great.

Walking through idealized Japanese scenery carried me to the end as the game was a bit long.

Decent jokes and plot too. Will buy 2

it´s gonna be shit. Just like the 2013 original.

I am very skeptical. It looks like Borderlands gameplay-wise.

it'll be BADASS!

First time I can't tell if a game will be good or shit.

I enjoyed the first one but I found it was not good enough for its length. Maybe not making more of the same was a good thing. We'll see.

Looks rad.

that some pretty nice song

I am interested in it. I hope it has enough deep and build variety like an ARPG.

>>Bullet sponges everywhere, sword is the only consistently good weapon
>>Shitty hit detection

The real reason for the bullet weapons feeling weak is actually the insane spray and inaccuracy of them.
This here is the spray of your shotgun at close/mid range - don't even ask how that one stray pellet above the gun ended up there.
Same goes for the uzis where, when dual wielded, the shots go everywhere BUT where you point your crosshair at.

>If you want that nice discount you have to buy the game before it comes out and know if its good or not

Hate this industry. If I buy it and its shit I am fucked and if I dont preorder and its good I am fucked

Loved Hard Reset, loved Shadow Warrior.
Already pre-ordered, which I don't usually do, but Flying Wild Hog's track record and fair price points just makes me want to support them.

You could always wait for a sale. Will probably get that pre-order discount and even a little extra during the Christmas sale, and by then you should know if it's good or not.

That Demon guy didn't deserve all of that pain.

>sword is the only consistently good weapon
user confirmed for never touching the shotgun.

At least he'll be back in sword form.

But DOOM is great

AW SHIET NIGGA!
I hope for some bantz.

I've disliked their other two shooters, and this new one looks a bit like a budget Borderlands. So I'm not holding my breath.

At least it looks like they made using guns not feel totally disgusting this time.

It feels a bit like they try to sort of do the lazy form "it doesn't have cover based shooting so that means it's old school" instead of having any of the amazing level design which is what made those old games what they were and instead just slap everything into an arena and call it a day.

Yeah, the shotgun was useless unless you used it point blank rage

>hey guys, so instead of making a sequel to an fps that will improve its basic mechanics and design flaws like horrible boss battles or half of weapons being seriously underpowered we with add RANDOM WEAPON DROPS, SEMI-RANDOM LEVEL GENERATION, EVEN MORE BULLET SPONGE ENEMIES, COOP, NAMED MOBS INSTEAD OF BOSSES AND LE QUIRKY FUNNEH FEMALE COMPANION INSTEAD OF BASED HOJI
>do you rike it?

Even at point blank it was shit.
At higher difficulties 4 barrel shot couldn't kill a trash mob sometimes.

It's a shame more devs don't do accurate shotguns, since they tend to be really fucking satisfying to use.

There are other ways to balance it apart from making it useless in 90% of the situations, but for some reason they never bother with it.

When shitposters say this is turning into Borderlands, what do they mean?
What aspects from the first have changed?
I wanna get it cause I liked the first, but I hate Borderlands so I wonder why people say this.

random loot with stats n shit
guns still feel like shit

What said. And like every enemy has their own health bar and every attack has damage numbers. They even added a damn Skyrim style "go here" pointer. It also seems a lot more focused on the magic abilities and shit.

>gameplay video
>pulls out grenade launcher
>does almost no damage
>pull out sword
>does more damage than the launcher

Glad to see you they have learned fuck all.

why don't you watch a video and see

Oh, I see now, that's upsetting

I'm not expecting it to be shit, but it looks like they're doubling down on the worst aspects of the predecessor and taking a bit too much influence from Borderlands

At least it looks like there'll be proper shotguns this time instead of this boxy fucking thing