youtu.be/ZbjJq-ImJCg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I marathoned the first episode of initial D and I am also interested knowing

NFS U2

my.mixtape.moe/qsvksi.webm

my.mixtape.moe/hhepyx.webm

>don't have a wheel
You can't drift

I'd rather play something that takes a while to master. When drifting becomes just hitting handbrake from full speed then turning, it becomes boring. It's not the best example, but I liked GTA IV driving since it took a while to get into

>ruining the god tier nfsu2 atmosphere with shit chinktune

Obviously not in the hardest sim games, but in most games you can still drift with keyboard controls

Well you did say you don't have a wheel, so arcade racers seem more appropriate.
Or go with a simcade like the first GRID.

I don't mind arcade games, but I don't want the easiest arcade games where achieving something doesn't feel rewarding.
I do feel like I can play most games with a keyboard though. For example everyone keeps sperging out on how it's impossible to play complex flightsims with keyboard, but I do. I might not be the most accurate player, but I can do everything fine and have fun while doing it

issue with NFSU2 is the terrible rubber band AI. It doesn't matter if you are really good or really shit, AI will always be within reach waiting for the tiniest of fuckups on your side.

nice gay music

OutRun 2006 is really good and despite its extremely arcadey nature, mastering it takes a while.

>What are some games I can drift in?
Virtually any game where you can drive, any arcade, simcade, or sim racing game.
The only difference will be just how easy and realistic the drifts will be.
>I'd prefer something not in racetracks.
For arcade you can try need for speed the run
youtube.com/watch?v=Os_bTBOTRoU
youtube.com/watch?v=SGFOjRrXo1c
, need for speed most wanted(old one) and need for speed underground 2.

For a more sim experience Dirt rally.
youtube.com/watch?v=Y91cCDrnAgM
youtube.com/watch?v=4zWpvuSA70A

You can play any game without a wheel, but generally the more realistic the game the more you get out of a wheel.

Dirt Rally looks like the kind of a thing I was looking for. Something to master, but not super hard without a wheel. Thanks fampai

Horizon 3 just came out. Open world, easy to drift with a controller if you turn assists off. Can get that exact car in your pic, but with the correct skin on it.

Been playing NFS Shift 2 lately and while it is track racing drifting in it feels very rewarding compared to most open world meme games I've played desu.

where can i download this car mod?

its not mod.

>DUDE DAGUMI LMAO
>IT EVEN HAS AN AFTERMARKET CUPHOLDER

you marathoned an entire episode?

im impressed

The decal with the tofu shop text can be created in the game?

I just finished UG1 and about to play UG2 for the first time soon.

Make sure to look up widescreen hud fix and custom texture pack.

He's fucking with you, there's no AE86 in any of the NFS games

Here's a cute little game to try
youtube.com/watch?v=JEkuly62lRE

nfs.wikia.com/wiki/Toyota_Corolla_GT-S

Yeah, it only runs like shit, only needs windows 10, only needs to de-encrypt every file during the game while having arcadey handling
Froza 3 is terrible and the constant shilling is getting fucking old.

I managed to do decently in Dirt rally with a broken 180 deg wheel, so I am sure you can do decently with a keyboard, just don't expect to be the best time wise.
youtube.com/watch?v=KAqr17Rco50
youtube.com/watch?v=dODFi1F03C4

Its called Corola GT-S in U2 you fag.

>He's fucking with you, there's no AE86 in any of the NFS games
Factually wrong.
youtube.com/watch?v=4lhTDkiL6hE

This page was recently edited
Kill yourselves

I will never understand all the Trueno dicksucking.
You'd be hard pressed to find less aesthetic vehicle ever.

ok thanks

Nigger play the fucking game

Yeah I made a wikia account and whipped up all those fake screenshots in 2 minutes just to troll you, you caught me.

Guys should I buy toyota ae86
I'm working in Japan and will be here for a long long time

>falling for the AE86 meme

Depends on how well maintained and how cheap you can get it and what you plan to use it for.

Idk, I'm playing Horizon 3 on my One S and it runs fine for me. Installed easy, no "encryption" problems. Handling is arcadey yeah, because it's an arcade game. If you want sim handling you're not gonna find that in open world racers.

the crew

you need the expansion to make drift builds though, without it it's just glorified powersliding

Sure

Unless you're a racing savant, don't bother embarassing yourself.

>without it it's just glorified powersliding
Powerslides are drifts. I honestly have no idea where people get this idea that a "true" drift is only one thing, which is RWD car clutch kicking like a tard.

>anime
>drift

why is japan such a shithole filled with tryhards?

>Idk, I'm playing Horizon 3 on my One S and it runs fine for me. Installed easy, no "encryption" problems.
The games DRM has every single game file encrypted. It has to undo that during game at all times, that chews up performance. If you have a overpowered cpu to handle that then good for you, but a lot of people are getting shit performance because of it and I seriously hope you aren't one of those people who thinks 30 fps is fine.

>games DRM has every single game file encrypted. It has to undo that during game at all times, that chews up performance
Horizon 3's DRM is no different to any other game out there man
> you have a overpowered cpu to handle that then good for you
it runs the same on both original and S.
>but a lot of people are getting shit performance
I've not heard of a single person having bad performance on it
>thinks 30 fps is fine
30 is fine for open world. 6 was a locked 60fps because it was closed track. and if you can't lock a game to 60, it's far better to just lock it to 30 then to allow it to fluctuate all over.

>Horizon 3's DRM is no different to any other game out there man
Factually wrong.
Most games don't encrypt their files in a manner such a manner.
Devnuo encrypts the executable that runs the game, while horizon went full retard and applied the devnuo method on every single file in the game.

>I've not heard of a single person having bad performance on it
Then you haven't been on the DAILY horizon threads that pop up, which has plenty of people posting both performance reviews and adding their own personal opinion on the matter.
You either live under a rock or are shill if you think it doesn't have any performance issues.

> 30 fps is fine
>on a racing game of all things
Can't tell if I am getting trolled of you are just a desperate shill.

Initial D Arcade Stage.

It's been in more NFS games than you'd expect!

Usually the distinction is powersliding is the car going sideways once it's in the turn due to an excess of power causing oversteer, drifting is the car going sideways before or as it goes into the turn due to any number of intentional reasons (clutch kick, Scandinavian flick, ripping the e-brake for hektik skidz, etc).

That's just being pedantic, though.

Forza Horizon 3

its technically imposible to drift in Special Stage or Street Stage.
This is why i want SEGA to post Initial D 8 infinity , now thats a cool game.

>living in japan
>considering buying a 120hp corolla instead of one of the many readily available used skylines, RX7s, Supras, ect.

kill yourself immediately

> horizon went full retard and applied the devnuo method on every single file in the game.
No they didn't. Horizon uses the same DRM as every single other xbox game out there.
> rock or are shill if you think it doesn't have any performance issues.
It doesn't. it runs locked at 30. Just because it doesn't run at 60 like 6 does doesn't make that a "performance issue"
>g trolled of you are just a desperate shil
Did you miss the part where I said OPEN WORLD? 30 is fine for an open world, arcade racing game. And a locked 30 is smoother then an unlocked 30-59 anyway.

IDAS V3 is the best game in the series, though, actual drifting be damned.

The Crew is free on uplay at the moment
You could give that a check to see if you like the drift mechanics.

youtu.be/ZbjJq-ImJCg
I dont know , imagine this in PC
>OC for your avatar
>Customization
>Online Battles
>Online Ranking
>Level progression
It even has CO-OP touge and obviously the series main races.

get a supra or a GTR

corollas are just poor mans trash and mean nothing if you aren't a japanese middleaged man mourning for his "RACER" youth.

Initial D Street Stage can easily be emulated, as far as I know its a PSP port of one of the older arcade machine versions

I used to be quite good at drifting in GRID with a keyboard. Really fun game, and a great balance between arcade and a more serious racing game.

The PSP Version is mapped to digital controls and locked at 30fps , but has some more tracks and cars.
The PS2 is more a less the same but running at 60 , its missing some tracks tho. and both version are missing on Akina Snow.

Why emulate a portable game and not actual Stage 3 Arcade or Special Stage for PS2 with story and additional shit or even play the PS3 version?

I'm playing it right now and the rubberband AI is only noticable in the outrun races.
Anywhere else you can correct fuckups or build up a huge lead if you can drive worth a shit.

>Usually the distinction is powersliding is the car going sideways once it's in the turn due to an excess of power causing oversteer,
>going sideways once it's in the turn due to an excess of power causing oversteer,
What you described is a RWD car applying throttle during a turn, which makes the rear lose grip and oversteer.
Powersliding happens before a turn, where you go in too fast, turn the car, wheels lose traction and you slide into the corner with the car already in oversteer.
Also clutch kick happens during cornering not before it usually to help maintain a silde and not so often to initiate it, but can be used to initiate it as well.

Yes yes, I get it, in console land everything is peachy and your overloads are most generous for giving you a "stable" 30 fps.

Emulating the actual arcade game sucks because Demul still has some issues running them at full speed and more importantly, you can't save your progress due to not being able to emulate the magnetic card.

The PS3 version is a port of Version 4 which is rubbish.

the newest beta version of Demul can emulate the magnetic card and runs without a problem on my mid range pc

>the newest beta version of Demul can emulate the magnetic card
TELL ME MORE

>marathoned the first episode.

how do you map the controls tho
i cant seem to get the analog movement right on my x360 controller

Gran Turismo, hardmode though.

demul.emulation64.com/
>InitialD, ClubKart and Derby Owners magnetic card readers emulated (press PUSH6 key then game ask insert/take card)

Remember this is arcade racing game where you have normal racing wheel etc so you ser FORWARD for whatever you want like right trigger or x button

The fuck you making fun of a stable framerate for?
If you're saying you'd rather have a framerate that jumps all over the place within 30-60 than one that's just always at a set number you're either an idiot or a liar.
The only thing worse then jumpy framerates are ones in the single digits.

Analog movement is really fucking iffy still unless you have an actual wheel hooked up because the game expects you to have a wheel that you can only spin so fast instead of an analog stick that snaps right back to dead center and can do 900 degrees of lock in one inch of movement (which means your car can jerk all over the fucking place and look silly).

I am making fun of you being a console peasant that thinks 30fps is good enough, especially for any kind of fast paced gameplay like racing.
I realize that even having 30 stable fps is an achievement on consoles, but pc players are used to play at 60 fps, 120 fps and 144 fps.
Saying 30 fps is fine, it like me telling you "dude, 5 fps is fine, I rather have stable 5 fps than jumpy 15 fps" All the while you are used to 30 fps.
In the same way I am used to nothing less than 60 and I often play 100-144 stable fps depending on the game and settings.

I don't just play games on console. I play Forza on console because that's what it was designed to be played on. And 30 fps, on console OR PC is good enough for the kind of arcade racer that Horizon is. It's designed around 30fps instead of 60. It's designed around a controller instead of a wheel, it's designed for xbox and not pc.

You making fun of someone for playing forza on a console, would be like someone making fun of you for playing Red Alert on PC.

>You making fun of someone for playing forza on a console, would be like someone making fun of you for playing Red Alert on PC.

Designing around an input scheme and designing around mandatory shit hardware are two different things

I really wanted to import the PS3 version for a long time, is it really that bad?
Also PS4 Arcade Stage when?

The new need for speed has a nice meme driftbox in it

Oldschool Ridge Racer (eg, pre-R4) has fun, dynamic feeling drifts that you need to know to exit properly.

it's set on road courses instead of purpose built race tracks

Dirt Rally.

Although I guess technically it's more powersliding?

Is it still free? Thought it was only until the 1st.

>eurobeat
>chinktune
Most of the Initial D songs are done by Italians newfag

forza horizon 3 is probably the most fun you're going to have drifting with a controller.

They were all done by Italians except a few covers that were sung by the voice actors