YOU CAN'T WIN DOOMGUY

YOU CAN'T WIN DOOMGUY

NOW I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xsXJZ7CYHik
youtube.com/watch?v=KSd0pI1EQGk
doom64ex.wordpress.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=tp3nDzYivDc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doom_(2016_video_game)
youtube.com/watch?v=j05hzwQf8pA
youtube.com/watch?v=olxh1zocWZk
youtube.com/watch?v=Ihzp55Cuo7M
youtube.com/watch?v=oQs48dvebck
youtube.com/watch?v=LhIS4FdS7co
youtube.com/watch?v=a6BbvCC0VI0
youtube.com/watch?v=hzPpWInAiOg
classicdoom.com/doominfo.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fug :::::DDDD

>let me make the angriest guy in the universe even angrier, what's the worst that can happen?

YOU UNDER-ESTIMATE MY POWER

FROM MY POINT OF VIEW THE UAC ARE EVIL

He and his corporation are the true villains. I can't wait to wreck his shit inch by inch and slowly unscrew every bolt in this not-even-human robot fuck's metal body and incinerate it.

Samuel Hayden > S Hayden > Sayden > Satan

KILL SATAN

EVIL ROBOT FUCK

But Samuel
You are the Doomguy

Why did they have to make the sword look horrible?

>Samuel HAYDEN

HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT.

>yfw he gets fucked by Doomguy and somehow didn't expect it

Kinda feels like the devs wrote themselves into a corner.

>Hell is actually an alien dimension
>Doomguy is actually king of the anti-"hell" dimension with a legion of knights
>'Hell' "magic" is actually super high-tech cosmic energy or something

>Hell is defeated, closed shut, and forces once again depleted
>Hayden has the key to open "Hell" but no use for a couple hundred, thousand, or thousand thousand years.

I know that Hayden is immortal because of his robot body but doesn't he need servers the size of VEGA in order to function because his mind is remotely placed away from his body? Doesn't he need Ardent energy to power his remote systems?

>VEGA is backed up
>Doomguy isn't cryosleeping or whatever
>Hell is closed
>Doomguy sent to fuckall dimension
>If it's Hell, he's gonna keep killing the suppliers of ardent energy
>If it's not Hell, he's going to end up amassing his army of high-tech not "magic" knights

Where the hell is the story going?

>implying he's not actually Samael the Destroyer

Doomslayer is fucked.

>it's actually aliens
>It's actually not magic it's technology
This is the stupidest shit indie faggots do thinking they're being clever.

The only times that first one worked was Hellraiser and maybe Event Horizon. The entire point is making it so you can't tell the difference and not tell the audience one way or another.

Samuel will use the sword to create a new portal on earth in orther to get energy. Demons will come out of the portal. Hell on earth ensue. Doom guy return and kill some demons.

>Doomslayer is fucked.

I think you underestimate just how mad Doomguy is capable of getting, you have to remember he killed hell so hard that they kicked him out once, and then he went back and stayed there by choice and became the boogeyman of hell.

and then the only way the demons could stop Doomguy was to drop a temple on his face and leave him trapped and unable to kill.

How can you even tell if that's a sword?

If he's Samael the Destroyer that means he's also a Night Sentinel or has Night Sentinel ancestry. He could be just as badass as the Doom Slayer

Yeah, but he's obviously more chill than Doomslayer.

The only person that could probably out-angry Doomguy is the Quake Ranger, a man so fucking pissed about dealing with cthulu bastards he managed to telefrag one of the old ones

Remember hell?

That was kiddie shit, you get sent to big boi hell, with a fuckton of demons to kill

It's not aliens you tard it's still hell, it's just extra dimensional.

>Doomslayer is fucked
>I think you underestimate just how mad Doomguy is
Doomslayer =/= Doomguy

Yes he is. That's the name hell gave him.

No user it's a reboot.

Explain this then

stop b8 any time

wait, is this mod?

no, it's an easter egg if you get gibbed while running through the classic levels.

Doomslayer and Doomguy are one in the same

Do you guys like skellies?

>big boi hell
This should not be that funny

Easter eggs are not canon.

my dick isn't a canon but it can still btfo your mom

I fucking love pistachios, I just wish it wasn't so tedious to remove the shell.

wrong reply

Did someone say skeletons

Not an argument.

>>tedious

Fucking wimp. Just open the shell and enjoy your rewards.

I did.

THEN LET'S BONE

>tfw no sp dlc prequel where tou live doomguy's legendary expolits detailed in hell

Clarke's 3rd law.

An extradimensional species being called aliens is much more likely than them being called demons even if they look exactly like traditional demons.

Having a story was a mistake.

I'm all out of skellies.

D44M II: Alium Hell on Earth

>Oh fug, NuDoom soooo good
ECH

you must expand your boners

BECAUSE MY BONERS ARE MANY

I enjoyed the lore tidbits. It's nice when a fun pure game has so much text in the background. Like reading the content of your favorite food. Like all those bestiary entries in Bayonetta and ten hour long codec calls in Metal Gear Rising.

>not Revenaaaant Aaaacademy

One job etc.

Oh wait I have one more.
NuDoom was actually good.

ur gay homie
NuDoom is a myth.
Doom is eternal

I made that edit

have more

JanTran turned into shit and D44M is great.

Look it's Detective Gumshoe from Phoenix Wright!

>taking Childhood's End as a measurement to Doom

I still have more boners but I should sleep

It's on another planet in a far away part of the universe, faggot.

It's aliens and the writers are fucking retarded.

Why the fuck is "Hell not-hell" in another dimension anyways? It's stated that they go from planet to planet via ardent energy and use it as a trap to invade other planets and dimensions?

Why isn't Hell just Hell as a plane of demons rather than an alien threat from some corner of the universe?

Bones don't need to sleep.

The story is just window dressing for your ripping and tearing, don't think too hard about it.

> The legions of hell going full Allahu Akbar to prevent the apocalypse that is Doomguy.

I liked how they handled the story. People talk to Doomguy or just story happens around and he could not give a fuck about any of it.

They're still demons and its still hell

Doom 4 was good. But one of the annoying things was not being able to go back for a secret, so you'd have to restart the level.

How do retards come up with the idea that the Doom Slayer isn't the Doom Guy? The codexes literally talk about his adventures through Doom 64.

Wrong
>>'Hell' "magic" is actually super high-tech cosmic energy or something
Wrong
How about you actually read the story.

It's not, it's after Doom 64.

The bone is willing but the flesh is weak

I never played Doom 64. Can you play it on PC?
This image is for you.

This. I don't know what's so hard to understand about this. 1 than 2 than 64 where he stays in hell, goes through the multiple wads.
Becomes their boogeyman, gets trapped.
Doom 3 happens as a sort of side story while he is trapped, with an area even said Tomb of the Hero, with a closed coffin inside.
Gets released, goes back to doing what he does best.

my dick isn't an argument

I really love the fact that killing him just makes him pop up in hell so he can keep slaughtering

And just like your argument it's non-existent.

That's the fucking issue here though.

You're argument against the story is that it's only supplementary when that's fucking bullshit.

It's not just there to be there when the purpose of the game and your drive is explained with tacked on trivial shit with pretentious and trite explanations rather than the much more simplistic reasoning in previous games.

You can't just say "lol, dude. just turn your brain off"

If I'm playing my fucking game and paying $60+ for it then I'm sure as hell gonna read the "lore" and get my money's worth. Then I'm gonna criticize all the areas that I think they went wrong. Not just ignore it and hope they don't do the same shit next time.

The writers went full retard like with Marvel's Thor movie and went the science route instead of acknowledging magic, divine or otherwise, in the universe. Their story should have been about Hell as a plane invading the Earth-realm for their transgressions instead of:

:Doomguy is from a time long, long ago in a distant galaxy but so is "Hell not-hell"
-His planet is D'nur and he has an army of magic(but actually high-tech) knights and is empowered by a hooded figure(actually and probably some old schmuck using the much more powerful Blue™ Hero Ardent Energy which is much more powerful than Bad Guy™ Red)
-Hell and D'nur have been fighting for a while but Hell not-Hell won and have been using Ardent energy to entice and destroy ancient civilizations across the galaxy for aeons
-Ancient Aliens trapped Doomguy((powered by the Angel not-Angel Seraphim(the hooded figure from the codecs)) after he fucked up Hell not-Hell's shit for some time

>Present-Day: Humans colonize mars
>Attempt to exploit Ardent Energy bait
>Get fucked
>Wake up Doomguy
>Doomguy fucks Hell
>Doomguy blasts off again! to somewhere

All this bullshit with using explanations for things instead of just outright making use of cool Christian mythology just makes me fucking tired.

youtube.com/watch?v=xsXJZ7CYHik

it was all a ruse

>fanfiction

FUCKING BRUTALIZED

>Some demon finally gets doomguy
>They start celebrating
>Hear knuckles being cracked behind them
>See this face staring back

what the fuck

Wew lad

It must be nice being that stupid

is this gay?

who designs a robot to have handlebars for fucking

samuel hayden

youtube.com/watch?v=KSd0pI1EQGk

>villain is a evil corporation run by a robot
>you don't even get to fight him

a robot built for hardcore handling

Scientists get lonely too.

They're for EXTREME SHITTING

It's for resting your hands on them.

Have you forgotten about me already?

now that you mention it, hell is pretty damn tame in this latest DOOM.

not scary at all, hell is DOOMGUY's bitch

>These are canon

He's right though.

why was he so big?

papyrus!

When was hell not JOHN ROMERO doomguy's bitch?

Yes.

tfw doomguy is a manlet

>NuDoom was actually good.

Nu Doom was just ((okay)), console children confuse that with good.

updates once a year.

Maybe.

I agree, but what if there's something like Tartarus in this reality?

Makes you wonder what it would have been like if they didn't start all over when they first started making Doom 4.
Thankfully it released without it being another case of Duke Nukem Forever.

>Why isn't Hell just Hell as a plane of demons rather than an alien threat from some corner of the universe?

Because it IS Hell, and it IS a plane of demons, you fucking retard troll.

>It's on another planet in a far away part of the universe

It's not another planet. It's literally another dimension, and that's why you have to open a rift/portal to Hell and back. You don't fucking travel to Hell in a starship.

It's literally the original premise from Doom 1 but updated: Humans fucking around in outer space but they open up a rift into the Hell dimension.

> It's stated that they go from planet to planet via ardent energy and use it as a trap to invade other planets and dimensions

No it is not stated they go to planet to planet. They go from dimension to dimension. From "plane" to "plane," to use the word you used. What Hell's demons do is they travel from their plane of existence to other planes in order to absorb them into hell. NOT planets.

Yes you can
doom64ex.wordpress.com/

Well yeah. He already wiped out all of the hardcore shit and actual power.

It's like the Fallout situation, but demons are the ones barely able to rebuild.

The original Doom 4 was literally a CoD clone, that shit was completely scrapped. They started from scratch and just made something that was actually fun to play.

>OH SHIT
-No-one, upon seeing a Hell razer

I dont know how to feel about this

I like that they added new demons as well as bringing back old ones.

Is there a source for that?
I mean, i belieb it but still

>If he's Samael the Destroyer that means he's also a Night Sentinel
citation needed

What if Samuel Hayden is actually an "angel" and you get to fight them in the next game?

best post

LITERALLY

youtube.com/watch?v=tp3nDzYivDc

Thank doomguy that they changed their mind although the idea of actual Hell on Earth is not too bad but it'd have to be handled very carefully.

>Having a story was a mistake.

Eh, I think the story could have worked if it made a bit more sense and the female villain lady was actually threatening. Also if they removed the unstoppable story bits.

>Doomguy is from a time long, long ago in a distant galaxy but so is "Hell not-hell"
>-His planet is D'nur and he has an army of magic(but actually high-tech) knights and is empowered by a hooded figure(actually and probably some old schmuck using the much more powerful Blue™ Hero Ardent Energy which is much more powerful than Bad Guy™ Red)
He's from Earth from a different dimension, not D'nur, he found that planet while slaughtering his way through hell and recruited the Night Sentinels to work under him
The hooded guy is the demon traitor that gave Doomguy better armor in exchange for Doomguy not playing jump rope with his spinal column

The story was barely there, you can basically ignore it except for those two times you get locked in a room with exposition happening.

>it was a thing
dodge the bullet

>If you close your eyes it didn't happen

>If I'm playing my fucking game and paying $60+ for it
>paying $60+
>paying

I never said the story doesn't happen, I'm just saying it doesn't get in the way so I don't know why it'd be a big deal to those that really hate it.

>it doesn't get in the way

It literally gets in the way, several times.

Also if you are gonna include a story at all it better be fun.

>it literally gets in the way several times
Not really.
>blah blah not fun
I thought it was pretty fun, gave a reason for why you're moving and shooting.

You have to literally sit down in an enclosed space listening to people talk, several times. That shit is annoying and it's not engaging at all.

Is that a stepladder behind him?

It didn't need a reason other than "there's demons killing everyone, here's a massive gun, fuck off".

>doomguy creates a backup of VEGA before deleting him

Not him but
>Samuel Hayden's office
What were some other times story gets in the way?

>You have to literally sit down
You don't sit, silly bugger
It also happens like twice, and you're not exactly there long. Get over your ADD friend
The first Argent energy pickup

>VEGA is a gigantic robotic brain that needs four (4) coolers at absolute zero temperature to function
>Can be backed up in a fucking SSD

It was probably backed up into doomgy's suit though and god knows how high-tech that shit is.

>not really
Use your big boy words.

>provides reasoning behind gameplay
>>When you can simply ignore it
>>>Doesn't get in the way

I suppose you're going to suggest I turn the volume off, disable subs, and close my eyes while I play because that's what I'd need to do to ignore the story.

The story is integral to the game. I'm not going to ignore it and believe some gay fucking fanfiction-tier bullshit about how Doomguy is reliving the same shit every time and every wad is cannon.

It's terrible and there are lousy explanations for everything

>there is no unskippable story bits
>but there are
>but it doesn't matter

It does matter, especially when the story doesn't lead anywhere.

This actually looks okay, just not Doom. Would still be nice to see it referenced in Doom 2 if that's also set on Hell-infested Earth.

>DUDE DOOMGUY HELP US START A REVOLUTION AGAINST THE RUSSI-I MEAN DEMONS
>*GRUNT*

>This actually looks okay

Only if you think that horrible pain and suffering is okay.

S A V A G E
A
V
A
G
E

nope
still fap occasionally
needs to update more

anybody else here REALLY fucking hate the shield zombies?
Holy fuck they're obnoxious as fuck

also have they added a proper NG+ yet? I'm tired of having to select each fucking chapter individually. Wolfenstein did it right, why can't DOOM?

Some people enjoy being stupid i Guess

It could be that the Doomslayer is Doomguy after fighting hell for thousands of years in his own dimension and creating his own civilization using magic from the Wraiths, while the humans that colonize Mars in Doom 4 are from another similar dimension.

In the name of all that is holy what is this garbage

I hope for next game they will advertise SP instead of MP

I honestly think they learned their lesson

I hope

those are robot vagina bones

Shield disappears instantly if you stun them with the plasma rifle.

Okay Donald

who /unironically looking forward to the sequel/ here?

If they fix, improve and get rid of Denuvo it might be good.

I just want an expansion to continue the story and give me more, harder levels.
Siege Mode Gauss Cannon best waifu.

Man you're a piece of shit.
It's a fucking video game, holy fuck.
It's a subjective form of entertainment and hobby intended for fun and escapism so you don't kill yourself from having to live in reality 24/7.
You're not some sort of master story teller, nor are you some sort of intellectual prodigy who everybody turns to to form their opinion of anything.
"waahh i couldn't guess the lore and backstory to their movie before watching it"
"booohoooooo everyone who doesn't have autism and think exactly like me is RETARDED LOL"
That is what you sound like.
Consider suicide.
Or at least stop playing video games man, you clearly have issues with obsession and autistic tendencies. It's making your life fucking miserable.

I honestly wouldn't even know the game had Denuvo until I saw piratefags complaining about it. Didn't know MGSV used it until a few months ago either. I don't know how anyone who actually buys games would even notice it.

If it ever happens. I just want them to fix the color pallet.

Samuel X haydee doujin when?

It's noticeable in that it makes launching the game more of a pain than it has to be, it basically locks down my entire computer for a while while it processes whatever nonsensical authorizations it wants to.

That said, however, while DRM is a thing to be always abhorred, it still wasn't as annoying as some of the Ubisoft methods from back in the day

Because Denuvo fucks up with performance and basically destroys any sort of proper modding. Lack of mod support in a fucking DOOM game is indefensible.

>JUST TURN YOUR BRAIN OFF BRUH
>ITS JUST A GAME WHY WOULD ANYONE CARE

That's how retarded you sound m8.

The creator was busy making horror streams from the last time i checked the blog instead of working on the mod

Can't give you the modding tools if it has Denuvo. This is why Fallout 4 doesn't have it while D44M has that stupid console oriented map creator to satisfy you instead.

>I just want them to fix the color pallet.

Also this, fuck color filters I want to be able to see Demons properly.

sequel when

>I really love the fact that killing him just makes him pop up in hell so he can keep slaughtering
i dont get wher you faggots get thsi shit from
its a remake if i ever saw one
you fuck really need to stop with this head canon

Only 3 million copies sold, so it's basically a flop according to modern publishers.

>reading comprehension

you LYING bitch

>i dont get wher you faggots get thsi shit from
>Dead things get sent to hell to be corrupted into zombies/demons
>Doomguy is shown to be immune to demonic corruption due to his intense anger
>After knocking him out, instead of killing him the demons seal him away in a tomb and put up a protective argent barrier so he won't die
It's not that much of a stretch to figure this shit out

No (You)re not. It's quite explicit

>fucks up performance

And yet DOOM is the best performing current generation game.

As for modding yeah, you can't modify the actual exe but all the assets including level definitions can be unpacked. Haven't looked into whether it'll allow you to repack a modified version though. I doubt Denuvo means they couldn't give people more moddability if they wanted to - the game could let you load script files and call functions in it and there's no reason why Denuvo would stop that, that's practically what the game already does when loading levels.

Not gonna "works on my machine" this but eh, I don't notice it. At least it's not SecuROM or Starforce.

Not that user but this game DID flop. That's what happens when you advertise the wrong aspect of the game. Also Denuvo.

>And yet DOOM is the best performing current generation game.

why did it flop, it was FUN

Great counterexample.

in terms of optimization, it really is.

Don't expect proper replies when you make such a ridiculous statement shill.

They only advertised the multiplayer. People shat on it and dismissed it as a Halo clone. Fun campaign wasn't enough to shake off that stigma.

I remember that happening maybe twice in the whole game.

nothing wrong with advertising the Multiplayer if that means the Multiplayer is actually good and not some tasteless mixture of modern games

that's doom 1 and 2 mate.

Name a better one

Lets see some other current gen games that can be maxed out at 1080p 100+ FPS on an RX 470 senpai.

>Most of the costs for the game most likely went into multiplayer and marketing said multiplayer
>SP was the best thing about it
>2/3rds of the budget were wasted

>projecting this hard

kys

What was so wrong with multiplayer?

Probably loadout and demon runes, but freeze tag was actually alot of fun.

>Dead things get sent to hell to be corrupted into zombies/demons
fanfiction, there is no indication this is a religious idea of hell as plac eof pusnihment
>Doomguy is shown to be immune to demonic corruption due to his intense anger
again, there is no mention of this anywhere in the game
>After knocking him out, instead of killing him the demons seal him away in a tomb and put up a protective argent barrier so he won't die
No reason to think they even could kill him or that they even tried
they put the barier so he wont kill them, not so he wont be reborn or something

>It's not that much of a stretch to figure this shit out
yeah, if thsi is teh kind of logic you use to come up with thsoe conclusion now odne ryou are so full of shit
step 1, make some bullshit theory
step 2, use that theory to back up a new one
step 3, end up with an convoluted head canon nobody except you can understand

Demon runes, hack modules, loadouts and 2 weapon limit are the big ones for me.

They have a playlist where there's no runes or modules but by the time they added that there were

DOOM5DAY

And lack of modding tools killed this game's longevity.

Snapmap yay!

>DOOM is the best performing current generation game

Runs at 25-30 FPS on my machine, and the framerate doesn't change a bit with the graphics options. The same machine runs GTAV and MGSV well. Looked up and others have similar issues.

It's probably some graphics driver issue, but still- consistency is an important aspect of PC performance.

>you LYING bitch
Hes right.
There is no way this game could cover even half of its production cost yet alone make a profit.
With an over 5 year dev cycle and the size of Id studio this couldnt cost less than 100 mln, and god only knwos how much they spent on marketing
No matter what kind of magic math you use you wont pull out a profit with 3 million sales even if you generously assume you get a trunback of 60% of every sale

This game needed minimum 5 million copies to come anywhere in the profitable margin
Its not the biggest flop in recent year, but tanked hard as fuck

It's so you have something to hold on to while he fucks you.

I'm with you user. Magic done well is cooler than technology that happens to resemble magic for some reason.

Have heard people not being able to run the game on low settings on better cards. Performance is uneven as hell.

The cost is amortized by licensing out the engine.

Don't forget snapmap.

Snapmap isn't even that terrible as the kind of thing you give to a kid as a gateway into real modding, like the WC3 map editor. Unfortunately the game doesn't have any form of real modding that they can then move on to.

licensing to who? bethesda uses it in house only so you are pretty wrong in that regard

Blame the (((AAA))) market. 100M with 80% on ads and parties while 20% on the game.

Snapmap is there to lubricate the dick known as Denuvo. You can't have modding tools with Denuvo games. That's why Fallout 4 doesn't have it.

Even if they only use it in house that reduces the cost of any other game that uses it. And I seriously hope Bethesda isn't retarded enough to not license it out in the age of middleware we're currently living in.

>With an over 5 year dev cycle and the size of Id studio this couldnt cost less than 100 mln

Mankind Divided had a 5 year development cycle and that costed like 50-60 million to make. They need 3 million copies to break even (which might not happen).

So assuming Doom had similar costs I would assume that the game just barely covered its production costs. So who knows if Bethesda will greenlight a sequel.

>So who knows if Bethesda will greenlight a sequel.

Do you believe in Tom's lies?

Remember when bethesda started banning people on Cred Forums when they were giving opinions and feedback on their leaked alpha build? They didn't even listen to said feedback and look how things turned out. Serves them right.

You mad you just got btfo out, it's all in the fucking game dude.

Where are you getting that Hell is just a high tech society? Nothing I've seen in the game points to that

Fucking hell I almost forgot about that.

>With an over 5 year dev cycle and the size of Id studio this couldnt cost less than 100 mln
id is over 200 people but lets say around 200
from yearly dev survay we know that average pay for a dev at id is between 80-120k a year with programmers and leads being highest paid
5 year dev cycle so 100x200x5 gives us exactly 100mln$, but wait, theres more
doom was worked on by 2 studios, id and Certain Affinity, a Texas based studio which employs 120 people
and lets say they are paid lower at the current us average pay in the industry at 80k$, they worked on doom 4 for 2 years, that gives us another 10mln$
now lets slap licensing fees, music, va and cost of running a studio or two for 5 years, we can safely say it will be another 10-20mln$
and finally marketing, with the size doom 4 had i cant see it costing less than 50mln$

200mln$ is my guess at how much doom4 costed Zenimax, not like we will ever learn about it since its privately owned
Doom had to bring a loss of at least 50mln$, i would guess closer to 100

also melee and the chainsaw are fucking stupid

They made it main point in their PR campaign, after awful Beta no one wanted to buy this game. But instead off switch on SP after that they started advertise MP more and more.
+Denuvo did its job
That forced them to bring game again on next E3 and release demo on all platforms.

I don't expect the game cost more than 100 mil, and even that it's an overstatement.

Wasn't MGSV in development for like 6 years (first FOX Engine demo was in 2011 IIRC) on an $80 million budget? Obviously living costs are probably different (though I have no idea where Kojima Productions' offices even were located, even less what living there would cost) which might explain DOOM being more expensive. But yeah, much higher than $100M sounds nuts.

Running everything at 60fps on ultra, on my 1070

Nigger my 970 meme card can do that, you should be hitting 144 easy

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doom_(2016_video_game)

Read development
Carmack is a fucking hack

my monitor is only 60hz =/

same but on my 980, and a old ass amd 8120.

He is.
The game's lore very specifically references the ending of Doom 64

>I don't expect the game cost more than 100 mil, and even that it's an overstatement.
funny, since i did a pretty decent berakdown of the estimated cost
over 100mln$ is what it would cost to keep id alone for those 5 years, and thats not counting any other aspects of game development and all outsourced work or marketing

also 100mln$ is fucking piss money, what is it, the 1999? you cna wipe your ass with anything less
also why you even reply to me if you wont even bother to acknowledge my post and just type out your baseless opinion instead?

+ Doom 3 events happened too, it's just another Universe

>Doomguy's hatred towards hell is because they killed his rabbit
I wonder what he used to do to bullies.

I will not tolerate shit talking Carmack on my board. Apologize.

You are coming up with bullshit estimates based on other's people estimates. 100 mil would put it on the level of the most expensive games ever made, it's very unlikely that a standard shooter could cost that much.

Most id Software employees are probably paid much less than you assume they are paid.

We dodged more than a bullet, we dodged a fucking artillery barrage.
This game would have made people go fucking ballistic

What's with this fucking game and the awful screen tearing?
Borderless window in this game is all fucked up and takes long to alt+tab (pseudo borderless mode?), and doesn't solve the screen tearing like it does with any other game.
Vsync drops fps from 100+ down to 30 with massive stuttering.
I guess it's just an opengl/vulcan thang, or a shitty fucking port job?

>Carmack quits id to go suck Zuckerberg's cock for a living
>Call of Doom gets canceled
>id finally makes a good game after 20 years of garbage

It's obvious who was the problem.

Works on my machine :^)

Are you using Vulkan or OpenGL though? As I recall when the Vulkan patch came out the vsync switch did nothing in Vulkan mode.

It's a standard console port, just disable vsync and play fullscreen.

>Wasn't MGSV in development for like 6 years (first FOX Engine demo was in 2011 IIRC) on an $80 million budget? Obviously living costs are probably different (though I have no idea where Kojima Productions' offices even were located, even less what living there would cost) which might explain DOOM being more expensive. But yeah, much higher than $100M sounds nuts.
1 Mgs5 was only one of the projects Kojima productions worked on
2 Average salary in game dev is much smaller in japan than in US, 50k vs way over 80k in us
3 Its only the development cost, not marketing cost, which could be anotehr 50mln$ on top
4 doom 4 dev team was double that of mgs 5 staff

So it dosnt sound crazy to me at all.

Use graphic cards own v-sync, it fixed it for me.

After E3 they made the game far more colourful.
I just wish Hell was more interesting. It's just one huge cave system in the game.
If Hell literally tears space from the places they invade (like with Deimos and Argent D'Nur) why couldn't we have some more variation?

bug-turned-feature is fucking cancer though
see: the entirety of dota and dotalikes

>the guy who had nothing to do with the game design is at fault for the shitty game design

Also regarding the picture in the Q3 code there is a comment in the jump code saying it feels wrong when you "fix" the bunnyhopping, which implies he intentionally left it in.

He was in charge of the studio, I bet he pushed a bunch of shitty design decisions constantly.

>You are coming up with bullshit estimates based on other's people estimates.
no, im doing simple math based off information avaible online to anybody
you can fact check ether my math or my info, and i dare you to find a mistake
>100 mil would put it on the level of the most expensive games ever made,
not even cloxe to 500mln destiny, but yeah it would be ip around the average modern aaa game cost
then again a game like Deadpool costed 100mln, so think again how much 100mln$ really is

>Most id Software employees are probably paid much less than you assume they are paid.
there is a yearly industry wide survey, broken down into regions and positions, average pays, medians, everything
if anything they are paid more

and your estimate is based on what? since "its sound wrong" to you? fucking joke

My estimate is based on you making bullshit estimates based on bullshit estimates.

I'm using OpenGL.
Are you saying that borderless windowed actually fixes screen tearing with OpenGL for you?
I find that really hard to believe.
Go to a place like the room outside of Pierce' office with all the pillars and move your camera around while looking at those pillars.
You'll definitely notice screen tearing using the this method.

>disable vsync and play fullscreen
Holy shit, that is not acceptable.

I guess I can try this at the very least.

Hell isn't just an alien dimension, it's an alien dimension that corrupts and tries to absorb other dimensions

>What is Warhammer Total War?
I don't know, but the Modding accessibility in that are pretty good.

Don't worry.

They will release singleplayer expansion and then pack it up as DOOM Hell edition or something like and get their money back.

Hopefully they remove Denuvo and make the game size smaller.

The Old Blood for Wolfenstein was so good

first time in my life i need dlc or nudoom2

Doubt the game's gonna get smaller unless they remove Snapmap and MP and that'd be a pretty weird thing to do even though no one gives a fuck about those.

>doomguy
>using going melee
>using anything but his fists

>They re-release the standalone SP with new levels that will serve as a predule to the sequel, and no Denuvo
>Remakes of the original levels
>OST is a remake of the originals with real instruments and no shitty buzzing sounds
>The Ultimate DOOM: Slayer Edition
Would you buy it?

those are tubes for coolant fluid to avoid overheating its CPU located in the crotch

>game size smaller

It's 2016. You still haven't got good internet connection or bigger memory?

i want a sequel to new doom where hell portal opens on earth and demons pour out running from Doomguy

I would buy it but don't shit on Gordon's OST because that shit is GOAT.

Nonsense, it probably has 30 GB of "uncompressed audio" taking most of the space. They do this bullshit in order to reduce piracy or some nonsense like that.

>Remakes of the original levels
>OST is a remake of the originals with real instruments and no shitty buzzing sounds

No
Fucking this

Nope, the game has 10 GB of audio total. It has over 36 gigabytes of megatextures and pussy.

BFG Division was the only good track desu

>60 GB for a 12 hour game
>most of the assets are recycled

youtube.com/watch?v=j05hzwQf8pA

>Implying this doesn't get your blood pumping.

Hellraiser wasn't technology, it was still magic, they just were inter-dimensional aliens rather than demons of Satan.

It also sounds better if you have super high quality speakers/headphones

It doesn't.
This one does, though.

youtube.com/watch?v=olxh1zocWZk

>Big Boi Hell
>a place where you must listen to Speakerboxxx constantly for eternity
It's not Hell for me

>10 GB of audio
>36 GB of texture

Yeah none of this shit is acceptable. Make the uncompressed audio and high resolution textures optional, you probably can fit the entire game in 20 GB. Much less if you remove MP and SnapMap.

How would it reduce piracy when the game needs to be downloaded in it's entirety even if bought on disc? In fact pirate versions are smaller since they can remove the MP exclusive files.

>make excuses to bitch on something

go back to your 3rd world shitystan mahmud

Literally placebo.

Cyberdemon's theme is literally from hell.

This is what happens when you run the FLAC in spectogram.

Because the intention is basically to fuck over PC players very hard so people buy the console version.

Yeah I know. It still was underwhelming because it packed no "oh shit" factor to it. It was just calm humming and buzzing with some bass riffs mixed in.

Huh, neat.

I can't say i would know since i don't have super good playback devices, but saying it is placebo sounds a lot like "there is no difference between 60 and 30 fps".

I love how he says he cant kill doomguy, I hope the next one he is trapped in hell or something.

No, because without denuvo I can just pirate it

>fanfiction, there is no indication this is a religious idea of hell as plac eof pusnihment

Nobody cares that you're a fedora bro.

I actually disagree, they had a good reason. If the entire population is going to die from a lack of energy and the only risk with demons is that they might kill everyone, they were fucked either way but at least they tried.

How is it possible to be this wrong about something?

I really doubt the demons themselves supply energy, its probably something in the land.

>all these Cred Forums tier retarded images

>can make permanent colonies in mars
>self sustained robots and AI's
>are dying out because lolnoenergy

Like how?

Doom 3's protagonist was never 'Doom Guy', and always stated to be a different character from D1/D2/D64

youtube.com/watch?v=Ihzp55Cuo7M

>>Doomguy is shown to be immune to demonic corruption due to his intense anger
>again, there is no mention of this anywhere in the game
Slayer's testament III:
And in his conquest against the blackened souls of the doomed, his prowess was shown. In his crusade, the seraphim bestowed upon him terrible power and speed, and with his might he crushed the obsidian pillars of the Blood Temples. He set forth without pity upon the beasts of the nine circles. Unbreakable, incorruptible, unyielding, the Doom Slayer sought to end the dominion of the dark realm.

Its pretty clear all of that stuff was being powered by the hell energy. You're trying too hard, if you just thought about it for a second instead of trying to be argumentative about it a simple explanation is they planned ahead and made that while they could. And if you seriously are going to just argue against that, I have to say I dont really give that much of a shit about this conversation.

What's the best version of At Doom's Gate, aside from the original?

Jesus christ

He was just a Marine in one of many universes that Hell tried to conquer. He still exist in games multiverse.
Soul Cube is a hint

You literally die in doom 1, go to hell and kill everyone. Did you even PLAY doom?

youtube.com/watch?v=oQs48dvebck

Yeah, I'm not saying Doom 3 Guy doesn't exist.

In fact you can see Doom Guy trapped in the sarcophagus in Doom 3.

DEEPEST

LORE

youtube.com/watch?v=LhIS4FdS7co

Flesh & Metal is pretty good from my point of view.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiet, I need to replay it

but they're already insulated

Windowed mode with vsync turned off completely eliminates screen tearing, so they definitely fucked up with the borderless windowed mode somehow.

OH FUCK

>There are two Doomguys
OH
SHIT

>yfw the sequel has Doomslayer and Doom 3's Doomguy meeting each other and teaming up against Samael Hayden

>Doomguy = Marine

kek, yeah sure

PLEASE ID MAKE THIS CANON

Never said Hell was "high-tech" but their ability to use Ardent Energy as a means to invade other realms isn't really explained while other aspects of the game are written as high-tech rather than magical so it makes some sense that certain aspects of the Hell realm make use of scientifically advanced technologies that end up going the route of science rather than magic.

Can't explain rituals though. Although that could be some weird "magic" element they overlooked.

>yfw the Doomguy from DOOM 3 is personal bodyguard of Hayden and you need to defeat him in order to get to Hayden.

It has a catch, he is now empowered by argent energy.

It all makes sense now.

>Samuel Hayden
>Sam Hyde

It IS canon though, buddy.

The idea of Doom Guy being 'trapped' in Hell in a tomb started with Doom 3.

They wouldn't have started D44M having DG escaping from the sarcophagus if they weren't directly referencing the reference in 3.

Doom3 has two guys doesn't it? It's been a long time but I distinctly remember RoE having a different protagonist.

the fuck it has to do with anything?
Doom 3 is a reboot
and doom 4 is a reboot
why you even bring up doom 1 when the series has no continuity?

Okay instead of ONE ARGENT BUFFED EVIL DOOM MARINE you fight TWO ARGENT BUFFED EVIL MARINES!

I didn't play the DLC's, but yes they apparently star different characters than the Doom 3 Guy of the main story.

They're called soft reboots buddy, and you can't even call D44M a 'reboot' as it directly references almost every other Doom game ever released.

It has continuity, but it's full of holes. It's nowhere near as nonsensical as Mad Max, but the connections are there. The cyberdemon you fight in D44M was excavated from the ruins of the Tower of Babel that the demons built on Deimos, and resurrected with the aid of an argent accumulator.

I dunno, I got more or less the opposite explanation from the way the game is portrayed. That hell really is THE hell, that the demons really ARE demons, and that their powers and that nature of their realm is supernatural in nature, It's just that the UAC managed to develop technology that interfaces with the magical energies of Argent D'nurr and siphon all that power to generate electricity.

Can it really be that different from a wizard that creates a fire through entirely magical means then uses that fire to power a steam engine?

You retarded or just pretending?
The sentence literally talks about his resolve and strength of his mind, not about any physical corruption.

Jusus, fanfic fags are the worst.

>d44m semi-confirms every WAD where doomguy goes to hell as canon
>this includes impse.wad

Doom 4 is the same doom marine from doom 1. If you're gonna go on Argentinian cooking forum to bitch about the story at least fucking pay attention

Guess what's also canon, motherfucker.

Ensue DOOM II: Cyberpunk edition

>hdoom is canon

>The Night Sentinel is an order of knights that protected the Wraith and battled the Hell Legion eons ago. They are somehow connected to the Doom Slayer since their souls often act as his guide during his journey in hell. During the war with Hell, one of their member betrayed the order by leading the scheming demon priest Deag Grav to get close to the Wraith, which leaded to the creation of the Well.
>“And in his terrible rancor between worlds and through time, the Hell Walker found the wretch who shall not be named, but in his heresy was loyal to the evil cause. The wretch downed the Doom Slayer in a mighty armor, wrought in the forges of Hell, impenetrable and unyielding.”
>one of their member betrayed the order
>the Hell Walker found the wretch who shall not be named, but in his heresy was loyal to the evil cause.
Was Doomguy responsible for empowering the demons in the first place?

>fanfiction

I don't get why people have such a hard time understanding this:

>Doom 1 happens
>Doom 2 happens immediately after 1
>>>Short amount of time passes
>Doom 64 happens, Doom guy decides to close the portal to hell behind him to 'end this once and for all' Eventually gets overwhelmed by tons of Demons and Hell has to literally entomb him in a box, drop a temple on him, and place as many 'DO NOT ENTER' signs as possible

>Doom 3 happens sometime afterward, Doom 3 guy finds Doom Guy in the coffin
>The DLC's happen, or whatever, like I said I never played them but I know they star different guys

>D44M happens, Doom Guy is finally awaken from the tomb after UAC evacs him

It's pretty simple.

>They're called soft reboots buddy,
Oh fuck off.
Ether its a continuation or a reboot, you cant have both.
To me it seems like a pathetic excuse for incoherently badly written lore that makes no sense.

As this guy said If a game is this badly written you might as well consider any connections coincidental.

According to who, you?
Tell me then, how exactly doom 1 and 4 guys can be the same, if doom 4 doom guy is thousands of years old, and clearly not that mcuh time passed on earth. Not to mention you would think there would be mention of previous hell invasion.

Something dosnt line up here kid,

Passage of time in hell =/= Passage of time on Earth

We're posting ost now?

why are some story scenes locked at 60fps
its really offputting

>There are THREE Doomguys

>They send in the soulcube to fuck your ass
>You fucking slap that weak shit out of your way

I don't care what anyone says, Samuel Hayden's voice was one of the best things in this game.

Are you retarded man, he explained the chronological order to you and it's in the games.

His age doesn't matter when he dies he goes back to hell. Stop having a broom so far up your ass.

Leave it to me to fuck things up
youtube.com/watch?v=a6BbvCC0VI0

The human eye can see only one fps anyway.

officially canon now

>the Arch-Vile in there

Still didnt answer my question on how the hell wouldnt we know that this is in fact the SECOND hell invasion.
And as far as our experience in the game goes hell time = real world time and there is no indication it would be otherwise.
>His age doesn't matter when he dies he goes back to hell. Stop having a broom so far up your ass.
did you just pull out of your ass a fanwank theory to back up another fanwank theory?
Since when the fuck is Doom guy immortal, i died plenty of time in my gameplay.
Do you have single ingame proof tp back up this bullshit,
I hope its just shitposting, this is reaching autism level of delusion here.

HE DIES IN DOOM 1.

THE GAME SAYS

YOU DIED

YOU COME BACK

AND KILL EVERYTHING YOU CAN FIND

ARE YOU RETARDED

use rockets, also stop being a fagget

multiverse, nigga. D44M's Earth is a different Earth than the one Doomguy came from.

There's two possibilities as to why Doomguy is immortal:
1) he's already in hell. You can't really "die" since when you die you go to hell.
2) The spooky figure from enchanted him

>Game is protected by Denuvo
>The only threads about it are either discussing denuvo's bullshit or calling it shit
>Game gets cracked
>More threads about it than before
>People are actually talking about the game in them now

shit
this >did you just pull out of your ass a fanwank theory to back up another fanwank theory?
>Since when the fuck is Doom guy immortal, i died plenty of time in my gameplay.
>Do you have single ingame proof tp back up this bullshit,
>I hope its just shitposting, this is reaching autism level of delusion here.
was in reply to this retard

it's not fair

This game is a reboot.

Not a soft reboot. Not a hard reboot.

All the references to other games are just this game shamelessly building off of those previous games. Not continuing a timeline. Not reinforcing a multiverse theory or some such other nonsense.

This game has weird rules and writing that tries to explain certain aspects too much and others too little making it confusing rather than mysterious.

It's the "4th" Doom game reincarnation. Not the Fourth installment in a series. It's a fucking reboot, not a chronicle.

No wads are cannon. The game is officially rebooted. Doom I, II, and Final are their own universe. 3 was it's own wierd thing, and D44M is it's own thing as well with it's shameless "references" and "easter eggs".

All these theories about continuation and other such retarded bullshit is literally FAN-FICTION and fucking gay.

Stop trying to make D44M's shit story work.

No Fun Allowed

What's wrong with it? I thought it was fun and it ran and looked really nice on a shitty 4gb amd card, only complaint being forcing you to use le epic brutal doom kill mode ever 2 seconds to not die or run out of ammo.

Can you stop b8ing this hard in this thread?

>multiverse, nigga. D44M's Earth is a different Earth than the one Doomguy came from.
So now you bring in ANOTHER fucking fan theory that has literally not a single backing bit of tiniest Information in the game to explain the holes in your fan theory?
Now there are 2 Earths? This is getting fucking retarded.
Then who exactly were the knights, the sentinels doom guys was part of? He clearly was a random marine in the first game, how the fuck can he be both? Also its said doom 4 guy is on a personal revenge against lords of hell, this was not the case of doom 1 marine.

You really dont see that no matter how you look at it your theory is so full of holes you will never create a consistent fan wank version to fill them all?

I like how as much as you keep saying that, literally every single person in this thread disagrees with you.

WHEN YOU DIE

YOU GO TO HELL

SO IF YOU DOOM GUY DIES HE GOES TO HELL (DOOM 1, END OF THE FIRST CHAPTER)

IT JUST SO HAPPENS THAT IS EXACTLY WHERE DOOM GUY WANTS TO BE

AT THE END OF DOOM 64 HE GOES BACK IN TO HELL TO KILL MORE DEMONS

HE GETS SARCOPHAGUS ED

DOOM 4 HAPPENS

IT'S NOT HARD

YOU DONT UNDERSTAND
DOOMGUY IS RAGE AND FURY INCARNATE
YOU CANT KILL SOMETHING THAT REFUSES TO BE KILLED
THE SLAYER OF THE WICKED
ONE THAT MADE HELL HIS BITCH
ONE THAT BENT THE WILL OF THE DARK ONES
BLESSED BY THE ONE WHO'S NAME SHALL NOT BE SPOKEN
RIP AND TEAR

>HE DIES IN DOOM 1.

>THE GAME SAYS

>YOU DIED

Dont remember this.

Posting best Doom song
youtube.com/watch?v=hzPpWInAiOg

You get yo ass shot up like swiss cheese by the deemans at the end of DOOM 1 nigga. Nobody teleports you to hell, you just die.

Thanks for admitting you didn't play them

>Doomguy made a pitstop in an alt-universe where demons are monstergirls to let off some steam before going back on his never ending crusade against Hell.

Then why you end up in Deimos then?

>all .WAD are canon

In multi-universe or they happened ALL to the same Doomguy?

I played it yesterday.

>All these theories about continuation and other such retarded bullshit is literally FAN-FICTION and fucking gay.
I wouldnt mind them so much if the werent THE LAMEST FUCKING SHIT I EVER READ.

I mean come the fuck on.

So this , liek SUPER BAD ASSS is like so bad that he goes to hell and like kills all demons in hell, and when he dies he like goes to hell again, and when he runs out of demons he goes to hell in ALTERNATIVE DIMENSION, and like he kills demons there too since hes such badass, but now when he dies he gets send to that other hell instead and he goes back in time and... FUUUCK YOU

Jesus, it so fucking lame it makes my doom 4 experience retroactivle worse. I would fell ashamed for liking a game with such a fucking 12yo tier lore. And the fact anybody would gladly accept it pisses me off even more. Doom guy would kill himself if he read those fan theories.

Nigga Episode 2's is called Shores of Hell.

Hell is another dimension, as was Argent N'Dur before it was absorbed into Hell. Parallel earths is hardly an unreasonable conjceture.

I'm a different guy than you've been arguing with. The game leaves Doomslayer's actual origins fairly ambiguous. We know for sure he was one of the knights, and that his armor looks a lot like doomguy's.

Maybe doomguy joined the knights after the previous games. Maybe Argent WAS the earth of Doom 1 + 2, turned into a weird fantasyland after Hell invaded. Maybe Doomslayer is his reincarnation or something. Maybe it's just coincidence.

Most of it's decently plausible given what we know. It's all just in good fun, you gotta get the stick out of your butt.

Are you two seriously arguing about Doomguy dying in Episode 1? Yes, he did died. The demons ambushed him and killed and claimed his soul in hell, but the hardy bastard fought in Hell until they decide to release him after killing their leader because he's too tough to handle and probably wouldn't stop regardless, leading straight to Doom 2. How hard is that to grasp?

IT'S CALLED THE SHORES OF HELL

I HATE YOU

>agree with me now or you have a stck in your butt
isnt summer over?

>W-WHAT A-ARE YOU? P-P-POOR?
>H-HAHA, YOU F-FAGGOT
This kind of response is never a winner. I ended up not buying the game because it's uncompressed assets mean I would be downloading this game for a literal week straight on my connection. It was the literal deal breaker for me. I was super excited till someone told me how long it takes to download.

Before anyone starts, I live in America. Anything better would cost hundreds a month.

Episode 2 takes place in Deimos.

>wrong because I said so

Proof? Of course not. Because you're too busy fanboying this shit pile to worry about facts.

...Which is FLOATING OVER HELL.

Which is a bridge between, surprise surprise, Deimos and Hell.

What's the next episode called and where does it take place, bub? Keep in mind Doomguy's already dead since the first episode.

Guys he's baited us all. He got us good. Everyone just stop responding

t. Underage console-playing child

You don't know when Deimos was moved to hell. That could have happened after you teleported to Deimo.

You are just forcing this things to push your shitty interpretation. Ignoring things like the fact that the "death" was part of the shareware "fuck you buy the game" ending. It wasn't canon.

>And in his conquest against the blackened souls of the doomed

read that part you autistic literal nigger

>Doom 3 happens sometime afterward, Doom 3 guy finds Doom Guy in the coffin
Woah woah woah wait. Back up.

I was recognizing all this till right here.

That doesn't imply what you think it implies.

Yep.

It canonically disappears before the first episode. Check the readme bro.

classicdoom.com/doominfo.htm

>Doom guy isn't an old testament angel punishing the UAC while fucking up Hell at the same time

There's going to be second Hell, that is actually Hell.

It implied he fought the blackened souls of the doomed and got rewarded for it

its literally fucking spelled out

I think I need a moment.

Nu-Doom mentions a seraphim that gave power to the Doom Slayer. So there is clearly some divine power helping you.

English dosnt seem to be your native language but i will still ask.
How exactly does this relate to the point you are replying to?

Am I going insane or is this a weird cover of Lateralus by Tool...?

>YOU CAN'T WIN DOOMGUY

Doomguy always wins.

Now that you mentioned it, it sounds just like Lateralus (the only good Tool song).

The guy who uploaded the video probably took the track and altered it.

HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

>bo connected top multiple terrorist organizations
>still get to be an "comedian" and get a tv show
only in murica

The Seraphim is the player, it's breaking the 4th wall.

>DOOM3Guy was DOOMGUY's friend on the cover all along

underrated

That's the secret ot Argent Energy, proffessor.

I'm always angry

goddamn you are dumb

I don't remember about the ardent shit, but I'm pretty sure Doomguy encountered those knights while their dimension was being eaten and joined them to become essentially guerilla fighters, and later became their leader.

I don't get it.

Is doom having some new dlc or something?

official release of the soundtrack I guess

>When his decision to choose such a mammoth mechanical physique was questioned, Samuel responded "Dedicating the future of mankind is dangerous work. You never know when we may need a hero."
>Hell invades
>Doesn't do shit, tells Doomguy to fix Olivia's fuckup
Nice """"""hero"""""""

you didnt need the glory kill. to get ammo you needed the chainsaw.

gibbing an enemy sometimes dropped ammo and health too

He was probably a manlet before becoming a robot and is just making excuses

>Argent energy is merely pure rage harnessed for the good of man.

Where is the comic about anger fueled jetpacks when you need it?

S.Hayden sounds like the arabic pronunciation of satan which is Shaytan

bottom line hes just a robot
what he gonna do?

Demons didn't seem to give a shit about him when he was in hell. Explains how he was the only one to survive when he went in with a bunch of UAC guys.

Nope. The story is filled with inconsistencies and the idiot user's here are trying to fill the gap by saying Doomguy is a celestial being powered by divine mcguffins and endless rage so he's able to live through all the previous Doom games because he's living in an endless cycle where he dies, goes to hell, and is kicked out after being a nuisance, only to repeat the cycle ad infinitum whereby hell goes through different reincarnations as well so apparently all wads are canon.

Doomguy is powered by the epitome of a twelve year old's imagination where he's soooo powerful he can kill anything because he's ANGRY and he'll rip and tear the gory demons to shreds because he's so angry and can never die!

It's literally fanfiction.

Demons can't really possess computers in Doom, that's probably why Hayden and Vega resisted the Warp

>It's literally fanfiction.
that doesnt mean what you think it means

Actually I think the demons can't even SEE robots since they have no soul to see/possess. This combined with the "demon filter" you see when you become a demon in multiplayer where it highlights human players in red explains why there are weapon addon robots flying around hell without problem.

He's a brain in a robot.

>Demons didn't seem to give a shit about him when he was in hell. Explains how he was the only one to survive when he went in with a bunch of UAC guys.
Actually there is no indication of this.
We just know he came out and see a glimpse of his expedition and the fact there was heavy fighting during extraction.
He might not be susceptible to possession, dosnt man he wouldnt be straight up destroyed on sight.

I think the sword might be based on this Central African design

WE WUZ DOOM N SHIT

The holograms showed him giving absolutely zero fucks to what was happening around him though. He was walking calmly as if he were making a tour through the place while his soldiers were getting fucked up.

kek

You dont get it.
He goes to DIFFERENT hells, plural.
He goes to one hell, then to another in an alternative dimension.
Those arent inconsistencies, just differences between dimensions!

It makes perfect sense. Also one of the devs said on twitter that its true, maybe not directly, but he implied it.

What's with the WoW sword?

It's based on a real African sword type

See

>Posting a really neat sword and then going and meming anyways

>The holograms showed him giving absolutely zero fucks to what was happening around him though. He was walking calmly as if he were making a tour through the place while his soldiers were getting fucked up.
I think any conversation with him is a dead give away that he is a psychopath and about as human as a toaster.
His behawior there was only in line with rest of his fucked up personality.

I'm sorry user, I could not resist

Here, have another

That's just pandering and grasping at straws because the game can't stand by itself when you remove your fan theories. Of course they'll unofficially appease the fans with retarded shit since the game's story is such a dumb mess when you get into the details.

Saying that Doomguy can fight in other dimensions is fucking retarded because then why not say he can visit the Marvel universe if he felt like it? Why not the Nintendo universe?

B-buh-because he can only go to different Hell dimensions!

How? Why? Because he's Doomguy!

I could understand fighting through the nth planes of Hell but this is just fucking dumb. It's applying reasoning and logic to aspects of the game that shouldn't really have it and then outright ignoring the aspects that should.

It's fucking gay and retarded is what it is.

its not a meme if they actually talk like that

>you will never be this retarded or autistic

Feels good

You are both wrong.
It's the Doom 3 menu theme by T.Reznor

Are you retarded?
There are different earths, so there are different hells, simple.
So when Doomguy starts on Earth 1, he goes to hell 1, and when he gets dragged into earth 2 he goes to hell 2, so doom wads have their own hells and its all connected.

You really ether have to be a retard or just pretending not to get this.

So he can do the CIA pose

So, what? Doomguy is dragged to Earth 2? Why the fuck isn't he dragged to Earth 1? The shit you guys are spewing is ridiculously fucking stupid.

You're saying it makes sense because it makes sense. It's just as bad as the writers replacing divine magic with incredibly advanced technology.

Dr. Hayden, I'm UAC.

>people are sperging this hard over doom's STORY

Hell is a big nexus of connected hells, all in turn connecting to other dimensions and earths.

That would explain his unfathomable anger.

Doomguy obviously came from a different Earth since he wasn't known on the Earth/Mars in this game. He was laying dormant in Hell until people from another Earth broke into the hell dimension and dragged him out.

I think there is only ONE hell for all universes, and one 'heaven' if you wanna be technical. All the dimensions have a common link which is the afterlife.

You're a doomed guy

but the robot has the best intentions for the humandkind

Distinct lack of the second doomguy in this picture

dont know who support this asshole whit bullets but does the trick.

This actually makes sense. But question, where does the Praetor suit come from? Doomguy suit is just a normal marine one when he fought in Doom 1, then in D44M he has the most bullshit-mode suit ever.

It's implied that the Praetor suit is made from the remains of his marine uniform, and infused with Hell magic.

Why are there multiple hello or Earth's in the first place?

Probably some post Doom-2 trickery that has yet to be talked about.

Sorta this.

People seem to forget Doom 3 shows him as well. Implying that different people have gotten their hands on him. He could have been tinkered with and whatnot. I wouldn't even put it past the demons to fuck with him for no reason at all just because they're retarded.

I read online it's sorta like Xen in half life, can act as a hub between everything.

So its something among these lines
>Earth #X discovers Hells portal
>Battle through it and eventually make it to Doomguy sarcophagus
>Retrieve it, study it, experiment with it
>Hell goes apeshit mad because that's their one most valuable treasure, a bunch of autist kids just stole a nuclear bomb and you want it back before it explodes.
>Invasion, Hell wins, take back Doomguy

>repeat the above paragraph N times.
>The suit becomes stronger with each cycle because HELL MAGIC, I AINT GONNA EXPLAIN SHIT and different tech from different civilizations until eventually it becomes the Praetor suit.

>While nothing has been confirmed, it has been speculated that this is in fact the same marine from the Classic Doom games, as in game documents found in Hell say the Doom Marine has traveled through "Worlds and Time" and was described as being extremely powerful and dangerous. The texts also say that the demons have been plagued by him for "eons of time", during which he would have became a legend in their world. Interestingly enough, the Praetor Suit has many similarities to the Marine Armor Doomguy wears in the classic Doom games, even so far as to have company logos, and production numbers located on the armor. This is all despite the fact that the suit is told to have been made in Hell for the Doom Marine to better fight the demon hordes. A scripture can be picked up and read and on this scripture shows the Doom Marine from the classic Doom games wearing the classic Doom Armor while talking about The Doom Slayer(The Doom Marine) meaning that both can be true, that the armor was originally made on Earth but later altered in Hell with the remains of his original Marine Armor into the Praetor Suit

>the suit is told to have been made in Hell for the Doom Marine to better fight the demon hordes
>You know that guy who we cant kill and will slaughter us all? Yea, lets give him a better suit, that will teach him.

The hooded figure is a demon traitor who helped Doom Guy as someone earlier so eloquently put it "so he wouldn't play jump rope with his spinal cord".

>playing D44M on nightmare
>get to level 9
>at the end of the level
>drop down some large pit
>instantly killed by 3 Cocademons who shoot me at the same time
>at the very same millisecond I press the retry button a blackout happens in the entire neighborhood
>load game again
>save file corrupted

Literally the only game I've ever played that got rekt by something stupid like a blackout. Was pretty fun while it lasted though, especially Gauss cannon siege mode.

It's his normal armor that gets buffed out the ass by a traitor demon who wanted to save his own skin

>what is the chainsaw

Splitting the shell is half the fun, you dum-dum

>Be demon enchanter
>See doom guy murdering every demon he encounters
>Offer him to enchant his armor in return for your life
Demons are people too you know

#NotAllDemons

>owned so hard it knocked out your neighborhoods power
jesus user

That's what I thought. The room went dark for a second and with that timing I thought I died irl too.

Taking the shell off is part of the fun but you can buy them unshelled.

Holy fuck am I glad they scrapped that. Nu-Doom was by no means perfect but it at least tried to feel like old Doom and worked to a degree.

That looks like Gears of War FPS or something.

Even in the bible how is it not?
It's another plane of existence.
It's what he became but he started out as a marine.
It's still magic they are just exploiting it for energy.
I don't get why people have such a difficult time accepting magic and tech coexisting in a franchise.

How about reverse clarke's law?
Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indecipherable from science.

I hope every shitposter who yells about how Doom never had a story would just rot in hell. Admit it, lore made Doom more fun.

#DLM

Pretty sure he's fully machine with the consciousness of a human scientist downloaded to it.

This, the brain would eventually rot if he had one.

At least his VA is pretty cool, why didn't they include this song in the OST?

Wait, is that hooded guy in the background the Hexen dude?