FFXV

What is it about this game that attracts all of the shitposting around it? Both good and bad.

It will be a good game and some people on v can't deal with it from what i see.

Yeah king Regis! Magic, bitch!

I liked the movie and will most certainly like the game aswell. Don't listen to shitposting.

I still interested in the game for the most part. But I'm also one of those people who likes to play something before condemning it.

>announced 10 years ago
>not turn-based
>director change
Add to that the normal shitposting every single big game gets and you have an explanation for at least some of the shit.
There's still no explanations for XV-kuns autism or shitposters lying and posting outdated shit but I don't think we will ever know more about it than we currently do

I think the other shitposters exist because of XV-kuns autism, they know that he'll engage them every time and shit up the whole thread.

What I don't understand is how there's whole thing now about telling people to ignore the shitposting, which is generally recommended in most cases even outside of XV threads, is somehow condoning the shitposting.

Moon bless you all.

Because it's a popular franchise.

That's literally it.

It's obvious it's going to be terrible but there's a VERY dedicated fanboy that gets baited easily.

i don't know, maybe the fact that it has been delayed 15 years? maybe the fact that at this point it's nothing more than a last gen fancy tech demo rather than the final fantasy game people expected for ps3?

Modern Square can't do shit right in the core FF series and this game will likely be no exception. It looks nice, but so did all those fucking awful games in the FF13 series.

All those FF13 games looks like nothing compared to FF15, you clearly don't know what are you talking about.

I said that those games look nice, not that they look better than or even as good as FF15.

Lern too reed.

FF13 games had better looking characters and art design. Even the texture work was superior.

>FF13 games had better looking characters and art design

Thanks to just prove my point
>you clearly don't know what are you talking about

Popularity + some controversial decisions like the main character designs, the open world or the combat system.

Im 99% surem that the only people who follow this game very close, like watching any new footage and reading news about game understands how really GREAT this game is.
Everyone will get it right after release.

It's a fact.

>I'm pretty sure only autistic fanboys appreciate this game
Me too.

Yeah, ur autism is clearly a fact. You clearly a sick, lightning-fag.

>he thinks an insult like that means anything coming from a homosexual boy band fan.

I dunno why you two are fighting.
13 is terribad.
13-2 and 13-3 were just as shit.
13-4 aka 15 is gonna be just as shit.
You two are the same person (not samefag), so why fight?

Because it looks and is better than any of the shit the west has produced so it triggers the fuck outta westcucks, especially witcherdrones because it's in the same genre as Witcher 3.

No they didn't.

This is so fcuking true. All these Dragon Age cucks, Witcherdrones and Fallout kids so triggered that Japan makes game that 200x times better than everything that west devs create in past 10 years.

>I dunno why you two are fighting.

I do, the first guy you linked is retarded and the second has bad taste.

The people who're hyped for it are the same ones always screaming about how ARPG so much greater than turn-based and turn-based sucks so much.

They don't say this because they play these games and have come to this conclusion. They say it because ARPGs are more fun to watch being played.

All it is to them is another movie to watch LP'd, not a game to be played. They won't actually buy it. Always remember this and judge on those merits.

>western game gets shitposted
>heh it's all good i fucking love trolling B)))

>Japanese game gets shitposted
>wtf i hate Cred Forums now

But action game really is greater than turn-based.
Devs used turn-based combat back then due to technical limitations, isn't it obvious?
Don't tell me you never imagined how great it would be you actually can control Squall or Cloud back then? HERE IS IT FOR YOU. Enjoy the game.

I guess a number of things make FFXV/Versus13 an easy target on fourms,

- It's been through a bumpy dev cycle that has lasted up to 10 years, which draws comparisons to other games with irregularly long dev e.g Duke Nukem Forever, Aliens: Colonial Marines

- It's a vastly different take on the 'Final Fantasy' genre, and fans of series have different wants and expectations for each entry which leads to shit like "DIS ISN'T FINAL FANTASY?!!?!"

- All male cast wearing designer clothing (leads to boy insults like 'fuccbois' or 'fags'), plus, as the world becomes more politically correct people outside of Cred Forums are spouting out "MUH DIVERSITY"

- People in the thread constantly draw comparisons with other games which leads arguing from people of both parties trying to validate their opinions.

- Very passionate posters in threads, like Anti-Kun and XV-kun

goddess

Pretty much this. This should be the start of every XV post from now on.

No, people say that becuase it's an objective fact, one we have come to know from playing both Action RPGs and Turn based RPGs. The only people who deny it are kids who have never played an Action RPG and try to look like oldfags that cocksuck turn based RPGs even though they've only played Pokemon and a few FFs at best. Turn based RPGs are the most braindead form of RPG and the reason why more Action RPGs are emerging now is because everyone knows they are superior and offer better control than any turn based RPG could ever hope to give.

The creators of the ATB system literally said themselves they always wanted to go action but couldn't achieve it the way they wanted to back 20 years ago on that limited hardware, which is why they created systems like ATB to compensate. Eat shit.

CUTE! ANGEL!

Oh, i forgot the ATRs and presentations, the PR marketing team means well and all, but when they do shit like, collabs with EpicMealTime, do on stage walkthroughs with popular youtubers/streamers it kinda makes them seem out of touch with their target market?

Enough with the turn-based shit. That's not a legit complaint, fagboi.

Is that chick waifuable in the game?

Final Fantasy, especially modern final fantasy is a very divisive series. Add on to that they have been working on this for a long ass time and it has changed a LOT in that time. Some people really don't like those changes. And finally its also for the first time ever in the series that a mainline game isn't a turn based game and people scared of change. Add it together and you have pretty much a perfect storm of shitposting potential.

He wasn't criticizing you fucking drone. He was stating why people are shitposting about the game.

Its ur main waifu in the game.

I want to see more of Gentiana.

Don't try to make logic out of xv-kuns posts. He literally can't ignore any post and always needs the last word. At this point he literally just bait shitposts and posts his own pasta and the same images over and over again

Childgood friend+fiancé of Noctis.

Sweet, Noctis better tap that ass.

He will. She wants his D.

The explanation for XV-kun's 'autism' is true mystery. But if he's indeed just one person and not an 'idea', you'd get pretty autistic if everyone was purposefully trying to trigger you and developing 'XV-kun x Kagari' fanfics on DeviantArt.

Meanwhile for people actively 'lying', keep in mind, those in the 'know' about everything XV-related e.g ATRs, famitsu scans ect are a very small minority, and are most likely already fans of the game. They're probably misinformed or haven't kept up with the news, they only become shitposters when 'XV-Defenders' respond with insults or aggression e.g "Fuk u shitposter, that's the Gamescom build stop posting weak bait". In short hate breeds more hate.

>xenoblade was shit
>star ocean was shit
>persona 5 was shit
Give me one reason why I shouldn't think this game is going to be shit too.

I mean, it's his fault that it even got that far

I want to eat her booty.

No. Anti-XV-kun is a dedicated shitposter who lies and posts bullshit about XV constantly along with his pasta and meme images.

Because it's not made by any of those people or dev teams.

Noone trying to convince you fucking autist. If you don't want, just don't play it.

Welp here we go again. I can't even imagine how dead you guys must be inside

I can't, i don't know your taste. :O

But i'm excited because it's something different, it looks kinda comfy in where you feel like you're in an actual party with their banter and interactions, reminds me of Binary Domain in some ways.

So pointing out that Anti-XV-kun is real is now a bad thing? Fuck off.

Yes it is

So you are defending him after all, after all that bullshit you said about not defending him. You trying to pretend he isn't real and complaining about anyone who posts proof that he is real just shows you are defending him. I don't care what bullshit you try to justify you not doing that because that is exactly what you are fucking doing every fucking thread.

calm down sperg

Indeed xv-kun, we are the evil you're the good

That body is made for making babies

Babies that shall inherit crystal cancer that is. :^)

Fuck off faggot.

>waaah i'm not defending shitposters waaaaah

No i'm good, i think you're the one that needs a time out from these threads for a few days. All you do is reply to shitposters anyway, so there's no real need for you

> It's another Anti/XV-kun witch hunt thread

Best FF pairing? Best FF pairing.

Don't mention xv-kuns name or he'll make an angry reply to you too!

Threads like these

Best couple in vidya.

See? That's exactly what that one user meant about it getting turned around so that if you tell someone to not respond to shitposts, then you're somehow defending it. It's a weird form of deflection and an attempt to so that 1. That individual can justify having the last word, liked has been said earlier in the thread and 2. So that individual can aleve himself of blame when he's also activey contributing to how the thread is by constantly interacting and replying to the shitposting, when he could just not respond and let their replies die.

And you could instead of being an apololgist to the shitposts could actually do something to curb it instead by pointing out to those shitposters how they are wrong. The more people that do it then the better it is for those retards to get the memo that they are wrong.

You're the only one though, everyone else just doesn't give a fuck and continues with the thread

>by pointing out to those shitposters how they are wrong.
Do you think they care? Do you think they're going to respond to you saying they've seen the error of their ways after you respond to their shitposts for 10000th time? By constantly responding you're helping them to shit up the entire thread.

WAHHHHHHHHHH DEFENDING REEEEEEEEE

And you're the only one that keeps being an apologist to shitposters.

When everyrone is pointing and laughing at them yes they do.

And i'll keep doing that until you see your mistakes

Can you honestly not see that by constantly replying to them and shitting up the thread with them is counterproductive? You honestly can not be that obtuse. Not feeding trolls/not replying to shitposting is not condoning it. All they want are the (You)s that you constantly give them and you know it.

I've made no mistakes, I call out shitposters and people being wrong about the game wherever I see it, and all you do is defend anyone doing that by saying no one should be responding to people to tell them they are wrong about their criticisms.

You literally do not want people to be informed about the game, you don't want people to be corrected, you just want the shitposters to run wild.

10 years
/thread

See Since it was announced, so what? Mother 3 was over 10 years. Go cry about that.

You're the only one that does it though, but in year head you always think there're tons of people that reply to them with you even though you're alone

No, I've seen countless people correcting people who are wrong and every fucking time I see you going "hurr stop reponding to people saying things against the game xvkuunnnn XD!?"

People that want to be informed will get their info. You don't inform people by replying to shitposts, they don't want to be informed they know that you'll always reply to their bait, they don't want to be corrected. You've been here for years yet you act like it's your first day on the internet in every thread

Yeah sure man, if that makes you sleep at night. I don't have the endurance to keep up with your shit

At this point everyone should ignore XV-kun and the shit posters, and if you have to filter them, considering they literally say the same shit in EVERY thread. If you really have to, hit that report button.

Because final fantasy isn't final fantasy any more. It's more a faggot twilight story

Yeah and they can get their info from me when I post it because it's always correcting shitposters and wrong info. I always inform people with my posts, and you are defending faggots spouting lies, bullshit and misinfo. You are defending faggots that make shit up about downgrades then cry when I post proof that there wasn't one or when there were upgrades. Then you fucking defend those faggots even more when they deny the upgrades.

>What is it about this game that attracts all of the shitposting around it? Both good and bad.
Were you not here for Witcher?

Cred Forums always shitposts popular titles. It's because nobody has anything better to do here..

Good argument. What is Final Fantasy then actually?

hmhm

Advent Children

Wrong. FF has always had pretty boys and them dressed in the attire for whatever location they are from in their individual worlds. XV is the first FF to ever show the MC actually aging during the story and also has the oldest FF protag to date when that happens too.

And I can already see Whiny-kun will say "hurr why respond to that guy!?!". Maybe because I want to fucking point out that he is wrong and laugh at him for being a retard?

It's literally 1 person.

"""""

Now that i think about it i havent seen a single piece of good combat gameplay. Like, everything shown so far is pretty lame.

I cant believe no one can play it right.
Or its just the combat system itself that bad?

This game looks better than Advent Children.

Advent Children is the best piece of videogame media ever created

Kingsglaive > Advent Children

The best piece ever
You're way too easy to bait xv-kun
Now go full sperg mode

No one with half a brain will be misinformed because they won't take Cred Forums shitposting seriously, they will look up stuff about the game and decide for themselves if they're interested. By engaging every fucking shitposter until the whole thread is the same shitflinging of the same webms and comparison images you are just making it so FFXV threads are a cancerous place no one wants to go. Just look at some of the threads where people ignore the obvious shitposts, there's actually some discussion, people can talk about the game they're interested in without it being drowned in posts by you and your fellow autists arguing about the same bullshit.

>Constant delays/gameplay modifications.
>Awful character designs for the main party.
>Last main entry was trash.
>Series hasn't had a decent sequel since the PS1 era.

I'm sure there's more, but these seem to be the main complasints.

>xv-kun meme
>implying that you baited me not visa verse
^)

Nostalgia. You will be back to the exploration from first games, the visuals from 7 and 8, The best summons in the series and Versus 13 was a game that was hyped to the black hole in the center of our galaxy since its 1st trailer debut.

GOT ME

>What is it about this game that attracts all of the shitposting around it? Both good and bad.

Its called popularity, when a game gets popular Cred Forums kids start doing stupid shit, talking how it would be shit or the best just to shitpost

I see countless people responding to Anti-XV-Kuns meme downgrade pics so yes retards do get fooled by his shit, I respond to his shit specifically to counter him. Not everyone who knows stuff about the game does their own research or even keeps up to date with recent stuff, but whenever Anti-XV-Kun shows up and spouts his lies and bullshit then unsuspecting people who don't know who he is will see it and think it's earnest. I counter him specifically to prevent that and to show that Anti-XV-kun does nothing but lie and spout bullshit. And no it isn't a case of just ignoring them. Anti-XV-Kun showed up in a thread yesterday that just hit 500 posts and those last few posts in the thread before it died were complete shit by him, the problem is him, that isn't solved by not replying to him. Calling him out, spreading awareness of his retardation and countering his lies is what I do and what anyone who actually cares about the game and wants a place to discuss the game should be doing.

Nice lack of new IP.

both are kind of shit, honestly.

Kingsglaive only gets some extra points because they bother to depict the use of magic instead of just swords...or in this case, mostly knives, I guess.

10 years in the making.
It's not surprising that it gets as much attention as it does.

Most of those are often other shitposters. Anyone who actually decides what to think about a game based on what some faggot on Cred Forums says instead of the information that's already out there would be retarded, it isn't worth ruining entire threads for everyone for the sake of a few idiots, especially since they probably don't read what you say anyway, they'll come into the thread, see all the arguing about some bullshit yet again, and then leave deciding that FFXV must be a shit game with shit threads.

>mfw these threads

1. doesn't look anything like a final fantasy game
2. MMO gameplay

>'XV-kun x Kagari' fanfics on DeviantArt.
wait, what?

>Game looks good
>It's ambitious
>It doesn't have western designs
>It doesn't pander to turn-base shitters
>It's neither on PC nor Nintendo platform

CUTE! ANGEL!

Why would you photoshop the beard away?

I have seen nothing about this game that has made me even remotely hyped. I wanted to be into it but they are not doing a good job showcasing it at all.

Honestly this fanbase is trash.

It's either extreme fanboys who don't want to admit it's a different game than Versus and shit on it while simultaneously clinging to it.

Or it's straight up shitposters who just post purely to bait XV-kun.

The annoying thing is that people have adopted the belief that if they call something "shitposting" it automatically means it's just a wrong post.

You can bait people with actual facts, but you get fanboys who don't like to hear critique so they just say "le shitposters ruin the thread" and it just exacerbates the situation and it turns into a back and forth.

Hate to burst your bubble, but it's not just XV-kun and shitposter-kun who make the threads shit. You're not all some neutral highground like you think you are. I've yet to see any quality "neutral" posts about this game.

The only people who seem to "care" about it are tumblr fangirls who think it's the next Free! and "prompto is so cute XD". Their love for the game is shallow, but atleast it's more genuine than fanboyism or straight up autism.

As for where the retarded fanbase came from, I dunno. The game itself looks pretty embarrassing so maybe that's why it attracts losers, but that's not always the case. I guess FF in general attracts autists.

>It's neither on PC nor Nintendo platform
This. Since it's on ps4 sony fanboys shitpost like they do with Bloodborne.

I agree. I would just call it bad marketing, but they've shown so much at this point, that would be being too optimistic.

Even things that were hyped up have been shown to be huge letdowns.

FF hasn't been good for over 15 years. That's reason enough to know this will be shit, but you could also just watch any footage or play the demo to figure that out as well.

As someone who still had hope for this game until recently, I can honestly say it doesn't look good. Everything since around Duscae has just given me a feeling of "this is it?" and then it just got progressively more disappointing. That and the dev team shitting the bed at every turn just makes me think they have no idea what they are doing.

I don't know how anyone can be optimistic about it at this point.

Barely seen valid criticism in this threads. Just straigh up copy-pasta and 5 months old webms with random glitches.

copy-pasta doesn't automatically mean it's wrong. and glitches are valid if they are recent.

All of this copy-pasta is wrong. its all about

>le tabata hack XD
>muh nomura

and etc.

More like no criticism is valid in fanboys eyes

And then you have counter pasta

Oh, I can see you fall into the

>don't want to admit it's not the same as versus and shit on it while clinging to it

category.

This game is the same as Versus. You don't have to be genious for a simple lore research, pretty much everything is still in the game.

Okay, XV-kun. Go take your meds and have a nap.

Sorry, i forgot that they cut weakest link of versus concept.

You guys change your mind whenever you feel like it

How would you know, it never existed :^), but would've been shit anyway, so XV will also be shit of course

Does anyone have that one image from Courage where his head is Tabata and he keeps trying to add the stuff Cred Forums wants just for Cred Forums to scoop the bowl stating they hate Final Fantasy?

It's a Final Fantasy game.

her midsection is way too long

Shut up, fag.

Is it gay if I want to grow my hair out like Nyx from the movie? Looks real neat. I mean, the normie hairstyle is pretty much the same except shorter

Oh and the game looks to be alright I guess

For those who have seen the Death spell video, am I crazy or there are some creepy whispers while Noctis is casting?

No seriously, it's not human.

You never seen girls midsection, fag.

Yeah soemthing. Also sky become dark, its clearly reference to Plague of the Stars

cant wait for the webms when the game comes out

A decade of development and decide AAA franchise hype will do that.

look how abnormal the left side of her body is

bodies don't work that way

The whispers are most likely the Old King hivemind, since what Noctis is doing is one massive "bonding of souls".

Okay, maybe it is a little long.

KAWANA BOTA

I really don't know how you can't be hyped. You can put me in the autism category all you want fags but I won't shit on XV just because the demo players suck.

We have a lot of media that is very entertaining and even mindblowing:
>Regalia Type F Trailer
>Altissia Trailer
>Death Magic Trailer
>World of Wonder

Too tired to count all the pros and elaborate how XV blows even W3 out of the water although W3 is rightful GOTY 2015. 2016 it's not even a competition. I swear I'll lick the tears off your faces when the game proves XV-kun right.

And that fucking graphical upgrade. Literally everyone who opposed Tabata on suicide watch, including Antikun and Kagari

I love Cidney, but it looks fucked.

How many ribs does she have?

Where does THAT even come from... i mean, FF used to have a dedicated fanbase for a reason but today's fanbase missed on both Square and Enix golden age.

What new SE game can possibly generate that kind of unconditional trust?

FF always looks nice and has high production value. The graphical and aesthetical proficiency was part of a quality standard. Since Sakaguchi and the original Square team left the franchise's been looks over substance.

I really don't get the hype... seriously. It's not just the "inspired on reality" bullshit but the battle system looks bland and boring. Most of the footage it's just boring. Nor good, nor bad... just boring.

>Nostalgia

Nah, i don't think any old fan is actually hyped by this. Sure, it looks better than XIII but that game was probably SE lowest so in any case it's just conformism that it's not as bad as the last one.

They'll aim to nostalgic people with VII-R since it seems they are out of ideas and milking FF VII is what they do.
I guess they want to test if they can charge you 180 to play an episodic story you have already played...

How can anyone trust them after all this time...

Controversy is a marketing strategy. Specially on social networks. It keeps people talking and showing videos and images of the game keeping it alive from announcement to release without forcing them to show too much.

As a marketing strategy this is working pretty well considering they maintained it for like 10 years.

more than a little

Too bad the combat in this game is total fucking ass. Here's a list of rpgs with better combat:

Witcher 3
Modded Skyrim
Dragon Age 2/Inquisition
Kingdoms of Amalur
Kingdom Hearts 2
World of Warcraft
Guild Wars 1/2
Final Fantasy Heavensward
Tera Online
Blade and Soul
Black Desert Online

All rpgs, all with better combat than this fucking garbage made for idiots..

Why are all XV girls are so bad represented on rule 34?
So much amazing waifu material and no content at all.

I think the combat is garbage, but calling Witcher or Skyrim combat good is hilarious, espeically DQ:I.

Stop reading your cancer shitposting at

>Witcher 3

you literally just brain damaged person.

>people at Square Enix actually thought this looked cool and not retarded as fuck

That FF 7 remake can't come fast enough, we'll need it to wash the taste of this turd from our mouths.

>Person who isn't me saying something I didn't say
>Thanks to just prove my point

I gave you too much credit when I just called you an idiot, you're straight up brainless.

Ive seen exactly the same post like 3 times today?

This game's combat is so ass that yes, even Witcher 3's crap combat is better than it. That's how far SE has fallen. Seriously, fucking Lightning Returns shits all over XV in terms of gameplay. And for all the shit she's gotten, Lightning was a better designed character than the shit in FF 15, only cool looking character is Gladioulus or whatever that dude with the gay tribal tats name is.

I've seen the same shitty screenshots of this game too, which further proves it's ass. It looks like ass, it plays like ass, even the music is fucking ass. ASS ASS ASS

>mfw this shit game doesn't even have well done weather or nights

>take multiple contradictory styles from different historical eras
>mash em all togetha like a bad fanfiction
>baby you got a stew going!
>weebs eat that shit up

The fuck happened to Japan? They used to be creative.

Try harder.

>Implying the FF7 remake won't also be shit
I don't have faith in SE or S or E or whatever they are now, the last few entries in the main series have been utter shit and the ones that haven't are MMORPGs and those are fairly niche. Someone needs to make a good game and have Squeenix throw some good graphics on top because that's all they're good for anymore, at least as far as the core series goes.

>GTA V's gas station looks better than FF XV's!

Tell Tabata that, maybe his game will have gameplay I don't wanna wipe my ass with

>the only "cool" character is gay
You have something you wanna tell us, user?

>3.59 for fucking gas
fucking hell

Noctis and Luna will die at the end like Romeo x Juliet.

Uh, yea they do. If you're a woman and have hips that you can lean on, the other side of the body stretches. I've done this in the mirror many times, I look like fucking long cat sometimes.

Marketers

No they don't, bodies simply can't stretch like that.

XV threads are only good around less than 10% of the time, the majority of them, like this one, are immediately taken over by what's likely a small number of very dedicated shitposters and fanboys.

I'm so fucking glad it hovers around 2 bucks now

>Constant delays
" if you want to count the fact that it was announced for PS3.
If not it's one delay
>gameplay modifications.
Not really a problem
>Awful character designs for the main party.
No
>Last main entry was trash.
XIII was pretty bad
>Series hasn't had a decent sequel since the PS1 era.
Irrelevant.
XIII-2 and LR were better than XIII

FF XV's shitty characters make me want Lightning back

>Witcher 3
Wrong
>Modded Skyrim
Wrong
>Dragon Age 2/Inquisition
Wrong
>Kingdoms of Amalur
Didn't play
>Kingdom Hearts 2
Right
>World of Warcraft
Getting really ridiculous
>Guild Wars 1/2
Didn't play
>Final Fantasy Heavensward
Wrong again
>Tera Online
Didn't play
>Blade and Soul
Didn't play
>Black Desert Online
No

(You)

Your whole post is shit but I'm going to reply to the worst parts so you get your (You).
>i don't think any old fan is actually hyped by this
Retarded
>Controversy is a marketing strategy.
Even worse