Why is it so fucking boring to watch?

Why is it so fucking boring to watch?

The TBS airing of the finals was a cringefest.

Because it is a casual game for casual players. Not that I watch others play games, but it's even boring to play half the time, watching it must be awful.

Because everyone runs the same team composition 90% of the time and it's fucking boring to watch. There's no interesting strategies at all, and games just come down to who has the better characters.

all fps are boring to watch. yes even csgo. valvecucks on suicide watch.

Holy shit, Mei is good now?

I figured since the buff she got picked here and there like Pharah does but a higher pick rate than McCree, Genji and Zen is insane.

game competitively is essentially 2/3 fights until everyone has their ults and what team can use them better together.

Nice stealth TF2 thread, faggot.

Nobody gives a shit about your dead game anymore. Deal with it.

Current meta revolves around Ana. Mei's ice wall is excellent at blocking her from doing pretty much anything, not to mention stalling in general. Even then she's only useful on defense and even then only half the time.

Current non-KOTH meta favors a "5+1" setup: Lucio, Zarya, Ana, Reinhardt and Reaper, plus a rotating situational character, and Mei's only useful as one of the "+1"s

Because it has a tiny, tiny skill ceiling. There's almost nothing interesting you can do because everything is extremely binary.

>e"""""""""""""""""sports"""""""""""""""""

So if Blizzard mainly balances this game around "competitive play" and charts like these have existed forever with the same shitty defense characters being listed on the bottom, why haven't they buffed Torb, Bastion and Junkrat yet?

OW is literally the only e-sport that I watch. Everything else is boring.

Because if they buff defense characters too much than silver-tier casual shitters complain too much and stop playing, which means they stop spending their mom's welfare money on lootboxes.

Fuck off retard
HEROES NEVER DIE!

>lucio still incontestably the best character momnths later
LOL

>Even then she's only useful on defense and even then only half the time.
a 33% overall pickrate is still pretty good for a game with 22 characters.

>muh balance

Why can't modern ""gamers"" just play games without constantly bitching about whatever class is performing well?

If TF2 was released today:
>Medic is broken as fuck! Every single team runs a medic!
>Soldier, Demoman and Scout are SOO op!! Omg why can't Pyro and Spy be as strong as them?

agreed, that picture is much better map design than anything in OW

But then they went and fixed those things - slowly, but surely. TF2 is actually pretty balanced at the moment.

Because if you're selling a character-based game then people will be drawn to different characters based on their design and personality. If it turns out those characters are shit, people complain. The only way to keep people happy is to make everyone a nameless faceless goon with a variable weapon/skill loadout, and even then people will complain that their gunfu is underpowered.

Because it's boring to watch
Some games just aren't for spectating

It also goes the other way around
I can get hype as fucking for fightan, but I can't play that shit for beans

Not all games are fun to watch, some are only fun to play.

Are you retarded?
They've literally been buffing and nerfing things in TF2 for the majority of its lifespan and people have been complaining about balance for just as long

But I don't care that Lucio has a 90% pickrate or that Nanoboost changed the meta the same way Discord did a few months back.

I'm just confused why Blizzard's alright with characters they've had planned since announcement being utterly terrible and worthless.

And also I'm sick of faggot mainers picking them in ranked. Atleast Hanzo got buffed so occasionally there's that one guy who's been playing him the whole time that's a fucking god with him. Bastion and Torb just spell out instant defeat unless the other team has a Widowmaker or attack Symmetra, the other two worthless heroes (Sym less so).

Friendly reminder, if you live in the West, never play Comp during the day because you will get paired with litera retards.

It's fine to watch, but all the commentary for it is awful.

>I can't play that shit for beans

No one can

Not really
For years after tf2 was released, the competitive meta was the same
1 medic, 1 demoman, 2 soldiers, 2 scouts.

Overwatch has been out for 5 months and the meta has changed a hundred times already and there's constant nerfs/buffs

Literally every time there's a tournament people will bitch about whatever characters are used the most

Because they're not fun to play against.

>competitive game where the camera frantically swaps between players and teams

There's your answer. They aren't popular because they're fun to watch, they're popular because they're fun to play. Fighters are the most not competitive vidya that's both fun to watch and play

>Casual ass game where team Comp is atleast 80% of the "skill" afterwards its just having good communication and call outs

Almost nothing in Overwatch takes huge mechanical execution even at top level outside of maybe shit like Ana/McCree aiming and Genji mobility being on point. So still almost nothing since you'd need those things in other shooters off the bat.

The meta has changed largely because of buffs/nerfs. If McCree/Lucio weren't nerfed and 1 character select wasn't still a think i guarantee the meta for most teams would still be Tank Tank McCree x 2 Lucio x 2 with the rare Lucio Mercy.

Don't act like its a argument for the games "evolution" when faggots jump to whoever is either buffed/least nerfed after a nerfing to whoever they use.

>game was sold as counter-picking your opponent's team and constant swapping
>now everyone just mains 1-2 characters

What went wrong?

Honestly that is probably a good thing. Counter picking takes literally nothing by noticing OH THEY'RE USING HIM SO I'LL PICK HIM! x infinity. Its boring and will just make even shittier people worse when they have to play a game where it doesn't fly.

>Nice stealth TF2 thread
>is only person to mention said game
Cancer

How do I git gud?